Four Seasons Employee Reviews

Good benefits
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2013
- A typical day at work will be answering telephone calls from guests and wanting a lot of extra free amenities.
- I have learned to have a lot of patience in handling irate guests.
- When I first started working for the company, I had no complaints about the management. They usually acknowledge the good work I have done and made me feel appreciated.
- My co-workers are okay. They usually depend on me when it comes to group bookings and all other paper works because they know that the job wil be done and I love it when we are busy with paper works and data entry.
- The hardest part of the job is when I talk to an irate guest and start swearing at you if you are unable to give them what they want.
- The most enjoyable part of the job for me is when I'm busy.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no overtime pay
The most enjoyable place I worked with.
Executive Assistant to the General Manager (Former Employee) –  Egypt4 October 2013
Daily work is to prepare the daily operation meeting, deal with guests requests/complaint, assist the General Manager and Hotel Manager, write letters (thank you's and other relevant matters) on behalf of the managers.
I have learned professionalism, being in your best when dealing with guests...etc
I have worked with the most professional, level headed management
I have so much fun working with the team
I love my job so i don't find it hard to work. I did not remember any instance that I say it was the hardest.
Dealing with my colleagues, Bosses and hotel guests.
Pros
Free accommodation and food.
Cons
not much to say
Good workplace but uncertainty is not helpful
Banquet Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2016
Workplace is good but the time it takes for confirmation after probation is not good. Also Banquets means having job uncertainty too.
Summary
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2014
Typical Day is consulting with executives, clients and developers to produce print ready files and execute all printing requirements to the finished product, while displaying a high level of professionalism.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
A good place to work good company benefits
Laundry help (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 July 2012
Friendly co workers and fun place to work I learned to be nice to people around me,at all times..Management was always supportive to me. Co workers was always courteous to me. The hardest part of my job was when there was a crunch. I really had to prioritize my job as I was working alone on my shift. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I was able to finish my work and everything went smoothly.
Pros
free lunch at the four season hotel
Cons
working over time
Amazing experience!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 November 2013
I had the opportunity to be with the best people in the industry. Great standards of service and uncomparable work ethics. Management are respectful, friendly and supportive. I made the best friends in my life in this company. The harderst part of the job is to always be "on" to avoid any mistakes. What I enjoyed the most is the team work and support from my co-workers.
Pros
Great Cafeteria food and traveling perks
Cons
High standards can put a lot of strees on employees
Employers/employees get along together, hard job but I had fun
Energetic member of the housekeeping department (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 November 2012
I' ve learned about teamwork. Most of my co-workers were very supportive of me especially when I just started. I like the job itself, but the hardest part of it was not having enough hours on the job. I was always on call and that was the reason why I resigned.
Pros
management was fair
Cons
because iwas in the lower seniority, i didn't have enough hours
great place to work
Core Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 December 2012
A teamworker and goes above and beyond. Has given me experience and knowledge in computer programs such as: Opera, Fidelio, Micros and Microsoft office. My co-workers are great people. The hardest part of the job if I am not able to assist guest, staff and management. And the most enjoyable part of the job if I am able to provide an excellent service and makes everyone happy.
Pros
free meal
Fun place
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 August 2015
Big company. Learn a lot of tourism experience. High end hotel company and own a perfect management rule. It is a good palce to work.
High intensity fast paced environment.
Guest Relations Officer/ Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Whistler13 October 2015
High intensity fast pace environment, that throws you in the deep end. It was a very enjoyable and enlightening experience when push comes to shove.
productive and professional place to work
Front Desk Operator (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC27 July 2015
very good place to learn lots of field at the same time, control, customer service and more. very high class of professionizm that you can experience at work thoughout the season, if you can manage your time and energy, it is the perfect beautiful job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
seasonal
Good Company but...
Enterprise Service Desk Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 December 2014
If you are under contract there is no Holiday pay and no overtime
Pros
Good environment. If you are a regular it's the perfect Company
Cons
As a contractor you won't have anything on-top of the regular hours you work
A great work environment with great management and awesome cafeteria
Banquet Porter (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2014
Of the many lessons I learned during my time at the Four Seasons was that I had to be flexible with the management and my fellow co-workers when various goals where assigned.
productive but lacks life and work balance
general maintenance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario21 November 2013
nice and challenging
have room for improvements
continuous learning
a bit ok
nice, friendly and helpful
scheduling
lots of things being learned everyday
Pros
status quo
Cons
poor department management
High level of standard, fun place to work
Office coordinator/Laundry (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 June 2015
Making office opening including task assignment, traces & VIP arrival. Inspecting all the arrivals rooms. Then making the schedule for the following day.
5 Diamond Hotel & Resort.....Love It
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC29 June 2015
It was fun place to work
I was covering the PM shift including answer the guest calls and follow up, making pm task assignment and closing the house.
Stressed and underappreciated
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC21 September 2014
I had such high hopes of enjoying my time working for such a popular and high-end company, but it couldn't have been further from enjoyable. A typical day would involve what you'd expect in housekeeping: turn up to work, get your cleaning supplies, get your list of rooms to clean and you'd go to them and do the job. It was very autonomous, and it wasn't uncommon to spend whole shifts without speaking to or seeing anyone, which got quite frustrating. I didn't have the chance to really get to know my co-workers, but at times I found them to be rude and unhelpful. There were three different people in charge, and whether or not I had a good day usually depended on who was in charge that day. When I ran into some issues, I was passed around and given offers of help which I never received. Like a few people I knew, I wasn't enjoying the work and wanted to apply for another department given I was receiving no help or support to do my own job better, but unlike the people I knew this wasn't offered to me - which I'm certain was due to issues with my appearance, as they had no issues moving anyone else between departments. The hardest part of the job was not having enough time to do the best job I could, which was frustrating for me as a perfectionist - and I'm certain others must cut corners in order to finish in time but I couldn't do that so I fell behind and was always made to feel terrible about it, despite us being told it was more important to get it right the focus was always on finishing in the allotted time-frame. I would have found it much more enjoyable had I been given enough  more... time, but the fact of the matter is they didn't have enough people employed.  less
Pros
Free lunch - albeit poor quality
Cons
Long hours, expected to work overtime, underappreciated
great place to work
Line Cook 3 (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2014
since i started at the four seasons hotel its been great i see that there is room for growth, at any four seasons in the world the benfits are good thing as well.
Pros
soft serve ice cream
Cons
none i can think of
Good work environment
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2012
Every day started with a pleasant meeting with at least 80 co-workers
and our manager. Peaceful, warm and family environment of work when I learned to keep a big smile .
It's all about Service
Engineering Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2014
Busy working environment and positively challenging..Helpful Co-workers and everyday you learn something New.

4.3