Four Seasons

Four Seasons Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Four Seasons Offsale
Cashier (Former Employee), Regina, SKMay 21, 2014
Pros: good food and lots of friendly people, customers, tips were good aswell
Cons: long hours of just sitting there
Working in the The Four Seasons Offsale was quite boring during the week I worked from 6p.m until 2a.m and certain days it would be steady, certain days it would be slow so when I had nothing to do I would stock clean, wipe the coolers and shelves. I also enjoyed it because I have met a lot of cool people and learned to be very outgoing and assertive.The – more... management was good and very well managed, I only worked with another person on the weekends to stock shelves and coolers she was friendly girl who I enjoyed working with but over all it was a very good environment to be in while on shift, the hardest part of my job was the long hours and dealing with drunk people and shoplifters, the most enjoyable part I was in such a steady and busy business where I enjoyed working with the customers – less
great place to work
Line Cook 3 (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: soft serve ice cream
Cons: none i can think of
since i started at the four seasons hotel its been great i see that there is room for growth, at any four seasons in the world the benfits are good thing as well.
A great work environment with great management and awesome cafeteria
Banquet Porter (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2014
Of the many lessons I learned during my time at the Four Seasons was that I had to be flexible with the management and my fellow co-workers when various goals where assigned.
productive but lacks life and work balance
general maintenance (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioNovember 21, 2013
Pros: status quo
Cons: poor department management
nice and challenging
have room for improvements
continuous learning
a bit ok
nice, friendly and helpful
scheduling
lots of things being learned everyday
Amazing experience!
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2013
Pros: great cafeteria food and traveling perks
Cons: high standards can put a lot of strees on employees
I had the opportunity to be with the best people in the industry. Great standards of service and uncomparable work ethics. Management are respectful, friendly and supportive. I made the best friends in my life in this company. The harderst part of the job is to always be "on" to avoid any mistakes. What I enjoyed the most is the team work and support – more... from my co-workers. – less
Great Job
Engineer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 9, 2013
• Attend guest/residence calls
• H.V.A.C issues
• Plumbing issues
• Daily Rounds of 3 towers
Good benefits
Reservations Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: free meals
Cons: no overtime pay
- A typical day at work will be answering telephone calls from guests and wanting a lot of extra free amenities.
- I have learned to have a lot of patience in handling irate guests.
- When I first started working for the company, I had no complaints about the management. They usually acknowledge the good work I have done and made me feel appreciated.
- – more... My co-workers are okay. They usually depend on me when it comes to group bookings and all other paper works because they know that the job wil be done and I love it when we are busy with paper works and data entry.
- The hardest part of the job is when I talk to an irate guest and start swearing at you if you are unable to give them what they want.
- The most enjoyable part of the job for me is when I'm busy. – less
Dedicated managers, advancement opportunities
Server Assistant (Current Employee), TorontoJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: odd hours
At the Four Seasons, there is plenty of room for advancement and travel. An employee there can develop new skills. Our values at Four Seasons is to work according to the Golden Rule-to treat others the way you;d like to be treated.

On a daily basis, you deal with lots of difficult people. You learn to be positive and warm at all times. It can be difficult, – more... it challenges your ability to think on your feet.

Every day, especially when busy, you have to work quickly to clear tables, clean tables, and make sure areas of restaurant are organised so it does not ever reach the point of overwhelm.

My coworkers range from kind and positive to demanding and cold. It is hard to meet all their demands. You must do what is most important at that given time. Running food to guests is most important. – less
great place to work
Core Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 27, 2012
Pros: free meal
A teamworker and goes above and beyond. Has given me experience and knowledge in computer programs such as: Opera, Fidelio, Micros and Microsoft office. My co-workers are great people. The hardest part of the job if I am not able to assist guest, staff and management. And the most enjoyable part of the job if I am able to provide an excellent service – more... and makes everyone happy. – less
Employers/employees get along together, hard job but I had fun
Energetic member of the housekeeping department (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 19, 2012
Pros: management was fair
Cons: because iwas in the lower seniority, i didn't have enough hours
I' ve learned about teamwork. Most of my co-workers were very supportive of me especially when I just started. I like the job itself, but the hardest part of it was not having enough hours on the job. I was always on call and that was the reason why I resigned.
Good work environment
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 3, 2012
Every day started with a pleasant meeting with at least 80 co-workers
and our manager. Peaceful, warm and family environment of work when I learned to keep a big smile .
A good place to work good company benefits
Laundry help (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 23, 2012
Pros: free lunch at the four season hotel
Cons: working over time
Friendly co workers and fun place to work I learned to be nice to people around me,at all times..Management was always supportive to me. Co workers was always courteous to me. The hardest part of my job was when there was a crunch. I really had to prioritize my job as I was working alone on my shift. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I was – more... able to finish my work and everything went smoothly. – less
privilage to serve the elderly with nutritional needs
Cook (Former Employee), aberdeenAugust 27, 2014
Cons: bad managment
bad management poor staffing levels and no concern for resident welfare
Top Hotel to work for
Lead Concierge/Assistant Manager Guest Services (Former Employee), HoustonAugust 22, 2014
Pros: lunch and diner are provided
Cons: parking
Great learning experience for who ever has the dedication and passion in customer service.
great company
Security Officer (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 15, 2014
I am happy for the opportunity i was given to work in one of the best hotel company in the world
Excellent first job
Shop Assitant (Former Employee), Witney, ENGAugust 14, 2014
Pros: very friendly
Cons: basic wages
I worked here for my first full time job.
Great experience and very friendly managers
Four Seasons is the finest hotel in St, Louis
Spa/Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 30, 2014
Pros: completed leadership development training
Four Seasons taught me what it means to be a positive worker, and leader. I have learned how to document inventory, effectively gain the trust of customers, and how to complete all given tasks effectively in a timely matter.
Exciting and fun work place.
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 24, 2014
A typical day at work would be long hours face pace and good results.I learned how to adapt to different nationalities, personalities and also how to handle difficult situations. The Management was sub par but I guess that's the way it goes in most corporations. The hardest part of the job was working twelve plus hours daily with little time for my – more... family. The most enjoyable part of my job was making people smile and getting things done to make our establishment the best at what we do. – less
To improve on my management skills and technique to create a clean productive and positive work place
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: comp rooms, great team work
Cons: long hours
A typical day starts at 6am daily, it would be easy for me to narrow it down but the truth is that business changes on a daily basis due to the type of clients/customers that stays with us. The first thing I do when I arrive to work is check on the overnight staff to ensure that projects and assignments are completed. I then schedule the room attendant's – more... board via Rex which then followed by staff briefing. The rest of the day consist of meetings, inspecting VIP guest rooms and standard testing my supervisor.
I've learn that when you enjoy what you do, you will alway give a 100% and in return you will get a better results. The management hours are very demanding which makes it difficult to have a work life balance at time, so that part of the job can be the hardest.
The most enjoyable part of my job is actually meeting new people and spending the day with my staff. – less
High performance work environment: Fast Paced, Attention to Detail,
Dining Room Server (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 15, 2014
Pros: free shift meal, healthcare, 401k, comp nights for vacation, special events for staff
Cons: high stress environment, rude guests
Typical day: high-performance, knowledge testing and review. High expectation guests.

What I learned: food, wine, cuisine, high quality customer service, etiquette

Management: Fast, High expectation, Supportive

Co-workers: Hard working, supportive, great interpersonal skills, talented

Hardest part of my job: High stress

Most enjoyable part: my – more... coworkers, the food and cocktails and some of the guests – less

1 2 3 4 5