Four Seasons Employee Reviews

Generally good place to work, harsh termination policy when new technologies introduced
General Cashier/Tour Coordinator/Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 April 2017
Hotel offers chance to work in many different capacities, most involve direct guest contact with sometimes demanding customers. Having the support and opportunity to satisfy these demands was rewarding. I learned economy trumps loyalty when my position was eliminated.
Pros
Staying at other hotels in the chain for free a huge pro for my family.
Cons
Lack of loyalty after decades of service
Poor environment
Executive Assistant to the General Manager (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC30 March 2017
I was fortunate to work for the Four Seasons in Whistler, British Columbia. The property is wonderful, the village is incredible, but the job itself is taxing. Overworked, and under appreciated. I would love to work for the company again, but the location was the main issue. The property loses money annually and can not staff accordingly.
Pros
Career Development
Cons
Pay and Job Security/
Reasonable company
Central System Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2017
Management is very reasonable and they are willing to train and teach employees, generally, they care about employees. And employees are encouraged to discuss with managers on any concerns.
Incredible company to work for
Ski Concierge (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC15 March 2017
Working for the Four Seasons was an incredibly enjoyable and rewarding experience.
It was the first company which I felt treated you as an equal. During the busy periods the higher management team from other departments would come along to help.
The hardest part of that job was dealing with difficult guests. Guests with high expectations and who are paying thousands of dollars per night expect only the best service.
As well as this, the company follows the Forbes standard which has allowed them to be the only 5 star resort in Canada. This standard which every staff must adhere to was also a difficult transition.
Overall the Four Seasons is a very rewarding company to work for.
Pros
Free lunches, Staff Accommodation
Cons
Difficult guests and standards
Not bad
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  1165 Leslie street13 February 2017
Good place to work with flexibility and decent management. Co-workers were all nice people.

They need to hire more staff to do the job.
Pros
Fun- events- free lunch
Cons
Lot of gossip. Not very high educated management.
Great place and great ambiance
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Damascus, NB19 January 2017
Loved working for Four Seasons. Great professional staff and very nice ambiance. Management is very supportive and they have a great employees buffet every day.
Pros
Free dilicious lunches
Great place to work.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC20 November 2016
Loved working with their team and enjoyed the experience they offered me. Loved all the things I learnt and am very greatful for my time there!!
Five Star Hotel
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Toronto15 November 2016
By far the most corporate environment in which I have ever worked. I have enjoyed my time here, but we are currently involved in a contract dispute which has negatively affected my perception of my employer.
Pros
Staff cafeteria, uniform dry cleaning
Cons
Long hours, corporate atmosphere
Four Seasons
Assistant Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2016
A typical day at work involved daily income report, room statistics, payroll issues, payable, receivables, food and beverage, dealing with department managers, fitness club, parking, disputes, etc.

I learned to treat people with respect the way i was treated. My co-workers are probably the best and were the most important team members.

I was a member of the executive committee, and met once a week to discuss with the most important issues dealing with personnel, finances,expenses, capital assets, renovations, budgets, room occupancy, forecasts, etc

The hardest part of the job was to ensure financial statement were provided on timely and accurate basis by the end of the month.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people who were hard working, loyal, trustworthy and helpful.
Pros
on-going training and tuition paid for further education
Opportunity
CATERING SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
Four Seasons is a wonderful company to work for, especially for young motivated employees. Great culture, leadership and opportunity for those that work hard and want more experience for themselves. Hard work is rewarded. Keep in mind, this is a 24-7 operation with 0 days closed. It can be exhausting….you need to manage your time to achieve work life balance. The company continues to go through transitions, those that can fit in and have a willingness to travel within the organization will do well. Great opportunity for young career motivated individuals who want a good base with experience.
Nice people, little movement
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2016
Great location, decent benefits, nice people, very little room for upward mobility. Management is all non-Canadian, this is no longer a Canadia brand, but an international brand managed by Americans.
Iconic Brand, makes you feel very proud
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2016
The best Hotel brand in the world.
Co=workers were committed and everyone, for the most part, was doing his/her part to contribute to the organization.
Multicultural place to work.
n/a
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2016
Client preferences: I make sure that the clients requested is fully completed.
What I learned: Time management very important.
Most enjoyable: team work
Excellent training and free travel, a good place to work and management.
Mini-Bar Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto,onyario4 June 2016
Very excellent place to work with this company.Good management,training and each employee.It is very busy hotel day and night work.A lots of VIP activities and partys.A good place to learn hotel job and travel.
Pros
Lots of party and free lunch and Good benefits.
Cons
Long hours and lots overtime
Productive and fun working environment. Never a boring moment, you are constantly learning something new
Human Resources - Security Administration (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2016
Great place to work if you have your heart and soul in the industry. If not, you won't do well here. The demand for service excellence, and quality assurance for our guest is impeccable. You must put your all in for this company, in return though, they put their all in for you.
Great People, but few opportunities for advancement
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Whistler, BC25 March 2016
Four Seasons is typically one of the slowest companies in hospitality to promote from within.
Management can sometimes be hit and miss, but generally the people you work with are knowledgeable and hardworking.
I have learned how to successfully manage the room service department and how to manage and respect my co-workers.
Pros
Complimentary room nights
Cons
office politics, slow to promote, comp night availability
Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 March 2016
At Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts, all of the employees have the potential to create a lasting memory for ALL of our guests, as it is instilled within ALL employees to deliver customer service with warmth and sincerity. Employees are asked to be active ambassadors for the brand as a Reservation Agent, we are one of the first points of contact. We must engage and provide anticipative service over the telephone to make ALL our guests feel valued and reflect the exceptional hotel experience to come. The Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, is surrounded by vibrant street shops and diverse cultural offerings, it's downtown location is in the heart of the city, and welcomes ALL our Guests to create a wonderful home away from home atmosphere.
Pros
Competitive Salary
Cons
Work - Life balance
Company that really follows through with treating employees well so that they can provide great customer service.
Rate Parity Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2016
Brilliant team of hard-working, intelligent and friendly workers. Companies often say that their advantage is in their people but this company lives by that by providing amenities and a positive work environment that allows them to carry out their best work. Nobody seemed to hate coming to work, even though everyone was very busy and had a lot on their plate. Open plan allowed you to ask questions easily if you needed help and colleagues were always willing to give a helping hand. Very positive work experience, and feel it allowed for productive and efficient workers. Seem to be a low employee turnover with many being years in the company, (yet not always in the same role) and I always feel that this is an encouraging sign.
Pros
Great colleagues, good work environment, supervisors always willing to help and give feedback, travel opportunities.
Cons
Possible lack of upward mobility.
very stressfull
Manager of housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tennessee, QC24 February 2016
stressful environment, a lot of work and the pay is low. they will fire you for nothing if the chef do not like you. For some people good opportunity for extra cash.
Pros
can choose working hours
Cons
little pay a lot of stress
Good workplace but uncertainty is not helpful
Banquet Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2016
Workplace is good but the time it takes for confirmation after probation is not good. Also Banquets means having job uncertainty too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Four Seasons. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3