Four Seasons Employee Reviews in Canada

Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 19, 2016
At Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts, all of the employees have the potential to create a lasting memory for ALL of our guests, as it is instilled within ALL employees to deliver customer service with warmth and sincerity. Employees are asked to be active ambassadors for the brand as a Reservation Agent, we are one of the first points of contact. We must engage and provide anticipative service over the telephone to make ALL our guests feel valued and reflect the exceptional hotel experience to come. The Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, is surrounded by vibrant street shops and diverse cultural offerings, it's downtown location is in the heart of the city, and welcomes ALL our Guests to create a wonderful home away from home atmosphere.
Pros
Competitive Salary
Cons
Work - Life balance
Great People, but few opportunities for advancement
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Whistler, BCMarch 25, 2016
Four Seasons is typically one of the slowest companies in hospitality to promote from within.
Management can sometimes be hit and miss, but generally the people you work with are knowledgeable and hardworking.
I have learned how to successfully manage the room service department and how to manage and respect my co-workers.
Pros
Complimentary room nights
Cons
office politics, slow to promote, comp night availability
Good pay, rocky management
Temporary Spa Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2015
Typical day at work consists of greeting clients, showing them to their lockers/giving them a tour, answering any questions they might have.
Keeping the front and back of the spa clean along with any amenities, getting/folding laundry and being in constant communication with reception and the laundry room.

What I learned from this job is proper time management. Most of my co-workers worked very hard, but all in all they were very nice. Hardest part of the job was going all the way down to get laundry, while being on call from reception to greet a guest. It was more of a rat-race than anything, and was not organized very well at all. The job responsibilities were piled up more on the Attendants.
The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be folding and putting away robes/slippers. Also, the free lunch wasn't a bad touch.
Pros
Free lunches, the Pay
Cons
Long hours, short-staffed, being responsible for other people's responsibilities
Simply One of the best companies to work for in the world
Guest Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 30, 2015
Four Seasons is known around the world for it's consistent high standards of customer service. As an employee, you are always learning so you are never stagnant.

It is simply one of the best companies to work for around the world!
Pros
Complementary room nights, Great benifits, Above average pay.
Cons
Shift work, Long hours in management
Company that really follows through with treating employees well so that they can provide great customer service.
Rate Parity Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2016
Brilliant team of hard-working, intelligent and friendly workers. Companies often say that their advantage is in their people but this company lives by that by providing amenities and a positive work environment that allows them to carry out their best work. Nobody seemed to hate coming to work, even though everyone was very busy and had a lot on their plate. Open plan allowed you to ask questions easily if you needed help and colleagues were always willing to give a helping hand. Very positive work experience, and feel it allowed for productive and efficient workers. Seem to be a low employee turnover with many being years in the company, (yet not always in the same role) and I always feel that this is an encouraging sign.
Pros
Great colleagues, good work environment, supervisors always willing to help and give feedback, travel opportunities.
Cons
Possible lack of upward mobility.
Excellent training and free travel, a good place to work and management.
Mini-Bar Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto,onyarioJune 4, 2016
Very excellent place to work with this company.Good management,training and each employee.It is very busy hotel day and night work.A lots of VIP activities and partys.A good place to learn hotel job and travel.
Pros
Lots of party and free lunch and Good benefits.
Cons
Long hours and lots overtime
Productive and fun working environment. Never a boring moment, you are constantly learning something new
Human Resources - Security Administration (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 26, 2016
Great place to work if you have your heart and soul in the industry. If not, you won't do well here. The demand for service excellence, and quality assurance for our guest is impeccable. You must put your all in for this company, in return though, they put their all in for you.
n/a
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 11, 2016
Client preferences: I make sure that the clients requested is fully completed.
What I learned: Time management very important.
Most enjoyable: team work
very stressfull
Manager of housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tennessee, QCFebruary 24, 2016
stressful environment, a lot of work and the pay is low. they will fire you for nothing if the chef do not like you. For some people good opportunity for extra cash.
Pros
can choose working hours
Cons
little pay a lot of stress
Good workplace but uncertainty is not helpful
Banquet Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Workplace is good but the time it takes for confirmation after probation is not good. Also Banquets means having job uncertainty too.
Four Seasons Offsale
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 21, 2014
Working in the The Four Seasons Offsale was quite boring during the week I worked from 6p.m until 2a.m and certain days it would be steady, certain days it would be slow so when I had nothing to do I would stock clean, wipe the coolers and shelves. I also enjoyed it because I have met a lot of cool people and learned to be very outgoing and assertive.The management was good and very well managed, I only worked with another person on the weekends to stock shelves and coolers she was friendly girl who I enjoyed working with but over all it was a very good environment to be in while on shift, the hardest part of my job was the long hours and dealing with drunk people and shoplifters, the most enjoyable part I was in such a steady and busy business where I enjoyed working with the customers
Pros
good food and lots of friendly people, customers, tips were good aswell
Cons
long hours of just sitting there
Fun place
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 22, 2015
Big company. Learn a lot of tourism experience. High end hotel company and own a perfect management rule. It is a good palce to work.
High intensity fast paced environment.
Guest Relations Officer/ Night Audit (Former Employee) –  WhistlerOctober 13, 2015
High intensity fast pace environment, that throws you in the deep end. It was a very enjoyable and enlightening experience when push comes to shove.
Dedicated managers, advancement opportunities
Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  TorontoJanuary 9, 2013
At the Four Seasons, there is plenty of room for advancement and travel. An employee there can develop new skills. Our values at Four Seasons is to work according to the Golden Rule-to treat others the way you;d like to be treated.

On a daily basis, you deal with lots of difficult people. You learn to be positive and warm at all times. It can be difficult, it challenges your ability to think on your feet.

Every day, especially when busy, you have to work quickly to clear tables, clean tables, and make sure areas of restaurant are organised so it does not ever reach the point of overwhelm.

My coworkers range from kind and positive to demanding and cold. It is hard to meet all their demands. You must do what is most important at that given time. Running food to guests is most important.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
odd hours
Good benefits
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2013
- A typical day at work will be answering telephone calls from guests and wanting a lot of extra free amenities.
- I have learned to have a lot of patience in handling irate guests.
- When I first started working for the company, I had no complaints about the management. They usually acknowledge the good work I have done and made me feel appreciated.
- My co-workers are okay. They usually depend on me when it comes to group bookings and all other paper works because they know that the job wil be done and I love it when we are busy with paper works and data entry.
- The hardest part of the job is when I talk to an irate guest and start swearing at you if you are unable to give them what they want.
- The most enjoyable part of the job for me is when I'm busy.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no overtime pay
The most enjoyable place I worked with.
Executive Assistant to the General Manager (Former Employee) –  EgyptOctober 4, 2013
Daily work is to prepare the daily operation meeting, deal with guests requests/complaint, assist the General Manager and Hotel Manager, write letters (thank you's and other relevant matters) on behalf of the managers.
I have learned professionalism, being in your best when dealing with guests...etc
I have worked with the most professional, level headed management
I have so much fun working with the team
I love my job so i don't find it hard to work. I did not remember any instance that I say it was the hardest.
Dealing with my colleagues, Bosses and hotel guests.
Pros
free accommodation and food.
Cons
not much to say
Summary
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Typical Day is consulting with executives, clients and developers to produce print ready files and execute all printing requirements to the finished product, while displaying a high level of professionalism.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Not Working in the area of my studies
General Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Whistler, BCApril 28, 2013
Would prefer to start working directly with Agricultural Business
Pros
good benefits / job security
A good place to work good company benefits
Laundry help (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 23, 2012
Friendly co workers and fun place to work I learned to be nice to people around me,at all times..Management was always supportive to me. Co workers was always courteous to me. The hardest part of my job was when there was a crunch. I really had to prioritize my job as I was working alone on my shift. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I was able to finish my work and everything went smoothly.
Pros
free lunch at the four season hotel
Cons
working over time
productive and professional place to work
Front Desk Operator (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BCJuly 27, 2015
very good place to learn lots of field at the same time, control, customer service and more. very high class of professionizm that you can experience at work thoughout the season, if you can manage your time and energy, it is the perfect beautiful job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
seasonal

4.3