Four Seasons Employee Reviews

Opportunity
CATERING SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
Four Seasons is a wonderful company to work for, especially for young motivated employees. Great culture, leadership and opportunity for those that work hard and want more experience for themselves. Hard work is rewarded. Keep in mind, this is a 24-7 operation with 0 days closed. It can be exhausting….you need to manage your time to achieve work life balance. The company continues to go through transitions, those that can fit in and have a willingness to travel within the organization will do well. Great opportunity for young career motivated individuals who want a good base with experience.
Nice people, little movement
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2016
Great location, decent benefits, nice people, very little room for upward mobility. Management is all non-Canadian, this is no longer a Canadia brand, but an international brand managed by Americans.
Four Seasons
Assistant Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2016
A typical day at work involved daily income report, room statistics, payroll issues, payable, receivables, food and beverage, dealing with department managers, fitness club, parking, disputes, etc.

I learned to treat people with respect the way i was treated. My co-workers are probably the best and were the most important team members.

I was a member of the executive committee, and met once a week to discuss with the most important issues dealing with personnel, finances,expenses, capital assets, renovations, budgets, room occupancy, forecasts, etc

The hardest part of the job was to ensure financial statement were provided on timely and accurate basis by the end of the month.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people who were hard working, loyal, trustworthy and helpful.
Pros
on-going training and tuition paid for further education
Cons
Excellent training and free travel, a good place to work and management.
Mini-Bar Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto,onyario4 June 2016
Very excellent place to work with this company.Good management,training and each employee.It is very busy hotel day and night work.A lots of VIP activities and partys.A good place to learn hotel job and travel.
Pros
Lots of party and free lunch and Good benefits.
Cons
Long hours and lots overtime
Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 March 2016
At Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts, all of the employees have the potential to create a lasting memory for ALL of our guests, as it is instilled within ALL employees to deliver customer service with warmth and sincerity. Employees are asked to be active ambassadors for the brand as a Reservation Agent, we are one of the first points of contact. We must engage and provide anticipative service over the telephone to make ALL our guests feel valued and reflect the exceptional hotel experience to come. The Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, is surrounded by vibrant street shops and diverse cultural offerings, it's downtown location is in the heart of the city, and welcomes ALL our Guests to create a wonderful home away from home atmosphere.
Pros
Competitive Salary
Cons
Work - Life balance
Five Star Hotel
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Toronto15 November 2016
By far the most corporate environment in which I have ever worked. I have enjoyed my time here, but we are currently involved in a contract dispute which has negatively affected my perception of my employer.
Pros
Staff cafeteria, uniform dry cleaning
Cons
Long hours, corporate atmosphere
Not bad
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  1165 Leslie street13 February 2017
Good place to work with flexibility and decent management. Co-workers were all nice people.

They need to hire more staff to do the job.
Pros
Fun- events- free lunch
Cons
Lot of gossip. Not very high educated management.
Simply One of the best companies to work for in the world
Guest Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2015
Four Seasons is known around the world for it's consistent high standards of customer service. As an employee, you are always learning so you are never stagnant.

It is simply one of the best companies to work for around the world!
Pros
Complementary room nights, Great benifits, Above average pay.
Cons
Shift work, Long hours in management
Great place to work.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC20 November 2016
Loved working with their team and enjoyed the experience they offered me. Loved all the things I learnt and am very greatful for my time there!!
Great People, but few opportunities for advancement
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Whistler, BC25 March 2016
Four Seasons is typically one of the slowest companies in hospitality to promote from within.
Management can sometimes be hit and miss, but generally the people you work with are knowledgeable and hardworking.
I have learned how to successfully manage the room service department and how to manage and respect my co-workers.
Pros
Complimentary room nights
Cons
office politics, slow to promote, comp night availability
Iconic Brand, makes you feel very proud
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2016
The best Hotel brand in the world.
Co=workers were committed and everyone, for the most part, was doing his/her part to contribute to the organization.
Multicultural place to work.
n/a
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2016
Client preferences: I make sure that the clients requested is fully completed.
What I learned: Time management very important.
Most enjoyable: team work
Good pay, rocky management
Temporary Spa Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2015
Typical day at work consists of greeting clients, showing them to their lockers/giving them a tour, answering any questions they might have.
Keeping the front and back of the spa clean along with any amenities, getting/folding laundry and being in constant communication with reception and the laundry room.

What I learned from this job is proper time management. Most of my co-workers worked very hard, but all in all they were very nice. Hardest part of the job was going all the way down to get laundry, while being on call from reception to greet a guest. It was more of a rat-race than anything, and was not organized very well at all. The job responsibilities were piled up more on the Attendants.
The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be folding and putting away robes/slippers. Also, the free lunch wasn't a bad touch.
Pros
Free lunches, the Pay
Cons
Long hours, short-staffed, being responsible for other people's responsibilities
Company that really follows through with treating employees well so that they can provide great customer service.
Rate Parity Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2016
Brilliant team of hard-working, intelligent and friendly workers. Companies often say that their advantage is in their people but this company lives by that by providing amenities and a positive work environment that allows them to carry out their best work. Nobody seemed to hate coming to work, even though everyone was very busy and had a lot on their plate. Open plan allowed you to ask questions easily if you needed help and colleagues were always willing to give a helping hand. Very positive work experience, and feel it allowed for productive and efficient workers. Seem to be a low employee turnover with many being years in the company, (yet not always in the same role) and I always feel that this is an encouraging sign.
Pros
Great colleagues, good work environment, supervisors always willing to help and give feedback, travel opportunities.
Cons
Possible lack of upward mobility.
Productive and fun working environment. Never a boring moment, you are constantly learning something new
Human Resources - Security Administration (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2016
Great place to work if you have your heart and soul in the industry. If not, you won't do well here. The demand for service excellence, and quality assurance for our guest is impeccable. You must put your all in for this company, in return though, they put their all in for you.
Not Working in the area of my studies
General Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Whistler, BC28 April 2013
Would prefer to start working directly with Agricultural Business
Pros
Good Benefits / Job Security
very stressfull
Manager of housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tennessee, QC24 February 2016
stressful environment, a lot of work and the pay is low. they will fire you for nothing if the chef do not like you. For some people good opportunity for extra cash.
Pros
can choose working hours
Cons
little pay a lot of stress
Four Seasons Offsale
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK21 May 2014
Working in the The Four Seasons Offsale was quite boring during the week I worked from 6p.m until 2a.m and certain days it would be steady, certain days it would be slow so when I had nothing to do I would stock clean, wipe the coolers and shelves. I also enjoyed it because I have met a lot of cool people and learned to be very outgoing and assertive.The management was good and very well managed, I only worked with another person on the weekends to stock shelves and coolers she was friendly girl who I enjoyed working with but over all it was a very good environment to be in while on shift, the hardest part of my job was the long hours and dealing with drunk people and shoplifters, the most enjoyable part I was in such a steady and busy business where I enjoyed working with the customers
Pros
good food and lots of friendly people, customers, tips were good aswell
Cons
long hours of just sitting there
Good workplace but uncertainty is not helpful
Banquet Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2016
Workplace is good but the time it takes for confirmation after probation is not good. Also Banquets means having job uncertainty too.
Dedicated managers, advancement opportunities
Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto9 January 2013
At the Four Seasons, there is plenty of room for advancement and travel. An employee there can develop new skills. Our values at Four Seasons is to work according to the Golden Rule-to treat others the way you;d like to be treated.

On a daily basis, you deal with lots of difficult people. You learn to be positive and warm at all times. It can be difficult, it challenges your ability to think on your feet.

Every day, especially when busy, you have to work quickly to clear tables, clean tables, and make sure areas of restaurant are organised so it does not ever reach the point of overwhelm.

My coworkers range from kind and positive to demanding and cold. It is hard to meet all their demands. You must do what is most important at that given time. Running food to guests is most important.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
odd hours

4.3