Four Seasons Employee Reviews

Terrible Management
Lobby Concierge (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC9 February 2018
What should be one of the best jobs in town is totally undermined by terrible management and greedy owners. I don't think I could ever work for this property again.
one of my favorite jobs
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2018
fun place to work, you get benefits and everyone is friendly. Training is sufficient and you get free meals everyday in the cafeteria all the food is really good and the breaks are fair. The hours were always convient
Pros
free meals
Great organization
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2018
You must be the best and strive to constantly deliver flawless service, there is no room for error. Environment is is busy and there is always something going on.
Pros
Staff Cafeteria, great employee perks
Cons
long hours, open 24/7, 365
Fun workplace
staff appreciation days
uniform provided and washed
diverse with many opportunities
Banqueting Hostess (Former Employee) –  Hampshire5 December 2017
wonderful place to work, and can work worldwide. early morning starts are normal for banquet staff so don't apply unless your a morning person. The work environment its diverse and safe, you will meet many wonderful people.
fun work place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC20 November 2017
Good benefits, good staff, good work environment. Everyone is accommodating and makes you feel just at home. Loved seeing friends and making a strong friend groups.
Canfisco is an enjoyable workplace
Snow Removal (Current Employee) –  Prince Rupert, BC28 September 2017
various tasks at Canfisco include shoveling ice into totes and icing the middle of salmon in boxes or totes as well as washing fish and cleaning canfisco plant
Pros
Good pay
Excellent employer, fun colleagues
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Ontario21 August 2017
Too much work and not enough work life balance. Colleagues exceptional to work with, positive culture, HR can appear weak but are often kept in the dark. Amazing benefits
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Culture
Cons
Long hours and weekends
a hepful management
mini bar attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 August 2017
filling up mini-bars.learned to deal with customers.management was very helpful.perfect workplace.the hardest was to work at weekends.easiest was the meetings.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
working on holydays
Amazing Company
Butcher (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 July 2017
I have nothing but respect for everybody that works there and I would work at four seasons hotels and resorts again in a heartbeat.
The systems are flawless and the job descriptions well thought. plus the benefits are the best I have ever sen
Pros
free food
Cons
Generally good place to work, harsh termination policy when new technologies introduced
General Cashier/Tour Coordinator/Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 April 2017
Hotel offers chance to work in many different capacities, most involve direct guest contact with sometimes demanding customers. Having the support and opportunity to satisfy these demands was rewarding. I learned economy trumps loyalty when my position was eliminated.
Pros
Staying at other hotels in the chain for free a huge pro for my family.
Cons
Lack of loyalty after decades of service
Fantastic place to work!
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2017
Great visionaries, amazing hotel teams, and interesting work! The culture is welcoming and inclusive, and feels like family. You're given the opportunity to travel the world and see places you would never imagine being able to see.
Pros
Free (subsidized) lunches, complimentary nights, discounted food and drink.
Poor environment
Executive Assistant to the General Manager (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC30 March 2017
I was fortunate to work for the Four Seasons in Whistler, British Columbia. The property is wonderful, the village is incredible, but the job itself is taxing. Overworked, and under appreciated. I would love to work for the company again, but the location was the main issue. The property loses money annually and can not staff accordingly.
Pros
Career Development
Cons
Pay and Job Security/
Reasonable company
Central System Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2017
Management is very reasonable and they are willing to train and teach employees, generally, they care about employees. And employees are encouraged to discuss with managers on any concerns.
Incredible company to work for
Ski Concierge (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC15 March 2017
Working for the Four Seasons was an incredibly enjoyable and rewarding experience.
It was the first company which I felt treated you as an equal. During the busy periods the higher management team from other departments would come along to help.
The hardest part of that job was dealing with difficult guests. Guests with high expectations and who are paying thousands of dollars per night expect only the best service.
As well as this, the company follows the Forbes standard which has allowed them to be the only 5 star resort in Canada. This standard which every staff must adhere to was also a difficult transition.
Overall the Four Seasons is a very rewarding company to work for.
Pros
Free lunches, Staff Accommodation
Cons
Difficult guests and standards
Not bad
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  1165 Leslie street13 February 2017
Good place to work with flexibility and decent management. Co-workers were all nice people.

They need to hire more staff to do the job.
Pros
Fun- events- free lunch
Cons
Lot of gossip. Not very high educated management.
Great place and great ambiance
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Damascus, NB19 January 2017
Loved working for Four Seasons. Great professional staff and very nice ambiance. Management is very supportive and they have a great employees buffet every day.
Pros
Free dilicious lunches
intern
Human Resources-Security Administration Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 December 2016
Often did not have enough work to do. But was fun and learned a lot of cool things from my manager in the security department.
Pros
Gettnig to see all the cool rooms
Cons
people are bad- working in security you have to see the worst of the worse
Great place to work.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC20 November 2016
Loved working with their team and enjoyed the experience they offered me. Loved all the things I learnt and am very greatful for my time there!!
Five Star Hotel
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Toronto15 November 2016
By far the most corporate environment in which I have ever worked. I have enjoyed my time here, but we are currently involved in a contract dispute which has negatively affected my perception of my employer.
Pros
Staff cafeteria, uniform dry cleaning
Cons
Long hours, corporate atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Four Seasons. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3