Four Seasons Employee Reviews in Canada

Great People, but few opportunities for advancement
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Whistler, BCMarch 25, 2016
Four Seasons is typically one of the slowest companies in hospitality to promote from within.
Management can sometimes be hit and miss, but generally the people you work with are knowledgeable and hardworking.
I have learned how to successfully manage the room service department and how to manage and respect my co-workers.
Pros
Complimentary room nights
Cons
office politics, slow to promote, comp night availability
Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 19, 2016
At Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts, all of the employees have the potential to create a lasting memory for ALL of our guests, as it is instilled within ALL employees to deliver customer service with warmth and sincerity. Employees are asked to be active ambassadors for the brand as a Reservation Agent, we are one of the first points of contact. We must engage and provide anticipative service over the telephone to make ALL our guests feel valued and reflect the exceptional hotel experience to come. The Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, is surrounded by vibrant street shops and diverse cultural offerings, it's downtown location is in the heart of the city, and welcomes ALL our Guests to create a wonderful home away from home atmosphere.
Pros
Competitive Salary
Cons
Work - Life balance
Company that really follows through with treating employees well so that they can provide great customer service.
Rate Parity Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2016
Brilliant team of hard-working, intelligent and friendly workers. Companies often say that their advantage is in their people but this company lives by that by providing amenities and a positive work environment that allows them to carry out their best work. Nobody seemed to hate coming to work, even though everyone was very busy and had a lot on their plate. Open plan allowed you to ask questions easily if you needed help and colleagues were always willing to give a helping hand. Very positive work experience, and feel it allowed for productive and efficient workers. Seem to be a low employee turnover with many being years in the company, (yet not always in the same role) and I always feel that this is an encouraging sign.
Pros
Great colleagues, good work environment, supervisors always willing to help and give feedback, travel opportunities.
Cons
Possible lack of upward mobility.
very stressfull
Manager of housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tennessee, QCFebruary 24, 2016
stressful environment, a lot of work and the pay is low. they will fire you for nothing if the chef do not like you. For some people good opportunity for extra cash.
Pros
can choose working hours
Cons
little pay a lot of stress
Good workplace but uncertainty is not helpful
Banquet Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Workplace is good but the time it takes for confirmation after probation is not good. Also Banquets means having job uncertainty too.
High intensity fast paced environment.
Guest Relations Officer/ Night Audit (Former Employee) –  WhistlerOctober 13, 2015
High intensity fast pace environment, that throws you in the deep end. It was a very enjoyable and enlightening experience when push comes to shove.
Simply One of the best companies to work for in the world
Guest Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 30, 2015
Four Seasons is known around the world for it's consistent high standards of customer service. As an employee, you are always learning so you are never stagnant.

It is simply one of the best companies to work for around the world!
Pros
Complementary room nights, Great benifits, Above average pay.
Cons
Shift work, Long hours in management
Good pay, rocky management
Temporary Spa Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2015
Typical day at work consists of greeting clients, showing them to their lockers/giving them a tour, answering any questions they might have.
Keeping the front and back of the spa clean along with any amenities, getting/folding laundry and being in constant communication with reception and the laundry room.

What I learned from this job is proper time management. Most of my co-workers worked very hard, but all in all they were very nice. Hardest part of the job was going all the way down to get laundry, while being on call from reception to greet a guest. It was more of a rat-race than anything, and was not organized very well at all. The job responsibilities were piled up more on the Attendants.
The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be folding and putting away robes/slippers. Also, the free lunch wasn't a bad touch.
Pros
Free lunches, the Pay
Cons
Long hours, short-staffed, being responsible for other people's responsibilities
Fun place
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 22, 2015
Big company. Learn a lot of tourism experience. High end hotel company and own a perfect management rule. It is a good palce to work.
productive and professional place to work
Front Desk Operator (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BCJuly 27, 2015
very good place to learn lots of field at the same time, control, customer service and more. very high class of professionizm that you can experience at work thoughout the season, if you can manage your time and energy, it is the perfect beautiful job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
seasonal
5 Diamond Hotel & Resort.....Love It
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BCJune 29, 2015
It was fun place to work
I was covering the PM shift including answer the guest calls and follow up, making pm task assignment and closing the house.
High level of standard, fun place to work
Office coordinator/Laundry (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 29, 2015
Making office opening including task assignment, traces & VIP arrival. Inspecting all the arrivals rooms. Then making the schedule for the following day.
Good Company but...
Enterprise Service Desk Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 24, 2014
If you are under contract there is no Holiday pay and no overtime
Pros
good environment. if you are a regular it's the perfect company
Cons
as a contractor you won't have anything on-top of the regular hours you work
Stressed and underappreciated
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BCSeptember 21, 2014
I had such high hopes of enjoying my time working for such a popular and high-end company, but it couldn't have been further from enjoyable. A typical day would involve what you'd expect in housekeeping: turn up to work, get your cleaning supplies, get your list of rooms to clean and you'd go to them and do the job. It was very autonomous, and it wasn't uncommon to spend whole shifts without speaking to or seeing anyone, which got quite frustrating. I didn't have the chance to really get to know my co-workers, but at times I found them to be rude and unhelpful. There were three different people in charge, and whether or not I had a good day usually depended on who was in charge that day. When I ran into some issues, I was passed around and given offers of help which I never received. Like a few people I knew, I wasn't enjoying the work and wanted to apply for another department given I was receiving no help or support to do my own job better, but unlike the people I knew this wasn't offered to me - which I'm certain was due to issues with my appearance, as they had no issues moving anyone else between departments. The hardest part of the job was not having enough time to do the best job I could, which was frustrating for me as a perfectionist - and I'm certain others must cut corners in order to finish in time but I couldn't do that so I fell behind and was always made to feel terrible about it, despite us being told it was more important to get it right the focus was always on finishing in the allotted time-frame. I would have found it much more enjoyable had I been given enough  more... time, but the fact of the matter is they didn't have enough people employed.  less
Pros
free lunch - albeit poor quality
Cons
long hours, expected to work overtime, underappreciated
It's all about Service
Engineering Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 5, 2014
Busy working environment and positively challenging..Helpful Co-workers and everyday you learn something New.
Four Seasons Offsale
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 21, 2014
Working in the The Four Seasons Offsale was quite boring during the week I worked from 6p.m until 2a.m and certain days it would be steady, certain days it would be slow so when I had nothing to do I would stock clean, wipe the coolers and shelves. I also enjoyed it because I have met a lot of cool people and learned to be very outgoing and assertive.The management was good and very well managed, I only worked with another person on the weekends to stock shelves and coolers she was friendly girl who I enjoyed working with but over all it was a very good environment to be in while on shift, the hardest part of my job was the long hours and dealing with drunk people and shoplifters, the most enjoyable part I was in such a steady and busy business where I enjoyed working with the customers
Pros
good food and lots of friendly people, customers, tips were good aswell
Cons
long hours of just sitting there
Great team work with great people
Guest Relations Officer (Current Employee) –  Whistler BCMarch 4, 2014
It is a big hotel, lots to learn. Perfect job for people that like challenging fun :)
great place to work
Line Cook 3 (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2014
since i started at the four seasons hotel its been great i see that there is room for growth, at any four seasons in the world the benfits are good thing as well.
Pros
soft serve ice cream
Cons
none i can think of
A great work environment with great management and awesome cafeteria
Banquet Porter (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2014
Of the many lessons I learned during my time at the Four Seasons was that I had to be flexible with the management and my fellow co-workers when various goals where assigned.
Summary
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Typical Day is consulting with executives, clients and developers to produce print ready files and execute all printing requirements to the finished product, while displaying a high level of professionalism.
Pros
free lunch

4.3