Assist in the supervision of the food and beverage operations to ensure a superior guest experience in delivering high quality food and beverage to all hotel guest.
- Supervise the preparation, plating, and serving of food and beverage in the restaurant.
- Monitor the workflow & assist staff during peak periods to alleviate any backups that may occur.
- Assist the Assistant Food & Beverage Manager in reprimanding, training, & motivating the
food and beverage staff.
- Maintain all specified reporting, controlling and record keeping systems.
- Assist in maintaining an adequate inventory of food and supplies.
- Deliver a strong and friendly presents on the floor at all times in all areas of the food and beverage department with main empathise on the Bar and Restaurant.
- Assist in the planning & implementing of restaurant promotions & other designated sales activities.
- Maintain all food and beverage equipment in an attractive, sanitary manner according to local health regulations Maintenance standards.
- Assist in the preparation of restaurant and room service and banquets schedules and submission of payroll on a weekly basis.
- Talk and engage with all hotel guests and train staff on how to do so.
- Conducts duty manger shifts when scheduled.
- Must be available evenings, weekends and holidays.
- As a salaried employee, you may encounter situations that require you to put in extra hour to accomplish specific tasks; these hours will not be compensated for by Royal Equator Inc.
- Maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance as per Royal Equator standards.
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety and its regulations.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all fire and safety procedures and equipment (fire
extinguishers) in the event a situation occurs.
A diploma in hospitality would be an asset. Prior food and beverage supervisory experience is a must.
It is imperative for the Food and Beverage Supervisor to have a firm grasp of the English language for the purpose of communicating with the guests patronising the hotel. Other languages would be considered an asset.
The environment that the Food and Beverage supervisor works in has the tendency to become very stressful. At peak periods clients may become more demanding, which could cause the day to become more hectic. The Supervisor must be able to display patience and control while maintaining a high level of service.
- Walking and standing required for some during certain periods in the Manager’s shift.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. On a regular basis.
- Talking & listening occurs continuously in the process of communicating with guests & associates.
This job description is not exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. This list is only a guideline, an associate in this position may be required to perform other duties.