Fountain Tire Employee Reviews

Productive Place
Service Crew (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 October 2017
You will learned to change and repair tires communicating with other team members to do the task properly. Very accommodating and approachable management
Great job to get into the Automotive Industry
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 October 2017
One would learn to change over and repair tires, change engine oil on vehicles and replacing batteries. The hardest part as a tire technician are the rushes at the beginning of winter, days seem endless but it is a fast paced and exciting work environment.
good company
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Vanderhoof, BC17 October 2017
I had a great experience working a fountain tire. The balance was phenomenal I was able to be home every night. I moved up in the company quickly as the turn around for employees is usually fairly quick.
Pros
great team environment
Cons
up and down seasons
Best of luck
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON10 October 2017
Not a great place to be employed. Lack of support from management. This included unequal treatment among departments, unorganized communication between front desk/management and tire shop. The owner has left control and decision making to people in their early 20's, hence the lack of organization "gong show" atmosphere, micromanaging, double standards and hypocritical decisions & comments.
If you want to work on cars and tires in Thunder Bay, try Kal, OK or Dunrite instead
Pros
discounts on tires, benefit plan
Cons
low wages for responsibilities, everything mentioned in review
Official response from Fountain Tire
23 October 2017

We are sorry to hear about your unsatisfactory experience with Fountain Tire. It is always disappointing to lose an associate who enjoys working on cars and tires. As part of our management training program we strive to give associates the opportunity to manage and make decisions and, as part of that learning and development process, there can be bumps in the road. We wish you the best and thank you for your time with Fountain Tire.

fun workplace, fast and accurate work, motivated and challenge
Commercial Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB5 September 2017
I enjoy my daily works
I learned techniques and strategies
Very Approachable and caring management
Very unique and clean workplace with safety
the hardest is during winter job outside (on call)
the most enjoyable part is the interaction with co worker, management and, joking during non busy hours and working during a very busy hours especially summer.
Pros
Free lunch during busy times
Cons
vacation
Busy and enjoyable staff.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB10 August 2017
Liked the staff. Didn't like the idea of no raises. No chance at promotion. No bonus. No perks except benefits. I think it's a little disappointing that a company claiming to be one of the "50 best managed employers" is definitely not.
Pros
Steady work. Enjoyable staff
Cons
Long hours. Hard work. Harsh climate conditions.
Fountain Tire Review
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK25 July 2017
My most enjoyable part of this job was hands down the people I worked for/with. Never mistreated me once (the management) always very understanding and supportive always willing to break down things when I didn't quite understand as well as taking the extra time to teach and make sure of a clear understanding.
Pros
Great people, great pay, great hours
Cons
Short lunch breaks
fun place to work and benefical
Janitor (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB25 June 2017
learned workplace and hazard and safety.
dealt with a lot of chemicals, how to read labels and perform janitorial duties safely. I learned about what to use for different chemicals to use for areas that needed to be cleaned such as floors, walls, windows, toilets. etc.
workplace was fun, learned responsibility and duties.
hardest part would be cleaning the toilets.
enjoyable part of how rewarding it was for my age at the time.
Pros
free food.
Cons
cleaning toilets.
Busy shop. Great place to work
Service Manager / Journeyman Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB5 June 2017
Great place to work. Very busy shop. Has Tire Bays as well as automotive repair bays and tire and accesories showroom. Whitecourt is a great place to work and live.
great place to work
Service Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Didsbury, AB2 June 2017
this is one of the best places to work it has room for growth and you get what you put in. is one of the best benefit plans i have ever heard off too this is a a= empolyer

Want to know more about Fountain Tire?

Ask a question
Fountain Tire is a fun place to work and you can learn a lot.
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 May 2017
My experience at Fountain Tire was very good. I learned a lot while i was working. I was not a employee there, i was doing my 4 weeks or work experience through Arts and Technology Centre. I worked there for 8 hours on week days. I didn't earn any salary while i was working there.
Busy place but a good atmosphere for productive work
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2017
Good place to work and learn. Everyone was always willing to help if you needed it. Management was always on top of safety and procedures to ensure a productive and safe environment.
Job that says they promote advancement, but in actuallity do not let theyre apprentices gain any work experiance
Apprentice Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2017
Typical day at work was just tire changing or the odd oil change.
Was not allowed to do any mechanical work.
Did not learn very much due to lack of mechanical work experience.
Management was useless and lied about the job and broke promises.
Shop I was at did not care too much about staying up to date on new equipment or vehicles.
Dealing with all the lies from management was the hardest part.
The coworkers were the best part of the job.
Pros
coworkers, health benefits
Cons
management, lack of career building
Overworked and underpaid
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC24 April 2017
I worked my way up the ranks through Fountain Tire to an assistant manager position. Once I was changed to Salary I was expected to work 9-10 hours a day, but only be paid for 8 (40 hour work week) without any compensation for time spent, and when it was brought up I was put in a position of "take it or leave it." Multiple employees had gone on stress leave while I was there due to ownership, including the person that I replaced. Responsibilities were normal for the position, but yet the people I oversaw were getting paid more than I was. I would never go through this process again with Fountain Tire. I am now working at a competitors' store and I am being treated much better, and more importantly actually being paid for my time.
Cons
long hours, working for free
Honest, Dependable & Loyal
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC24 April 2017
Fountain Tire indid and surpassed my level of interpretation of what a work-place really means & set the stage of integrity towards strong, punctual, idealistic work-ethic.
*two thumbs-up!
Fun work place serious wheb it needs to be
Yard Labourer tire tech (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2017
Over all i feel fountain tire is a good company enhoyed working for then but got laid off twice for zero reason so im my opinion its bad and has to much favoritizen in it
good place to work
Mechanic/Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB9 April 2017
I liked this job. good place to work. really busy and good employees and customers. i left due to i had a job at another place with better pay so i changed careers
Fountain Tire on Fraser High Way
Tire Repair Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC27 March 2017
not recommend to work for this place, owner is not that friendly to his employees, Technicians are fine,

if you are an apprentice and working at that place, good luck with your apprenticeship.
Pros
get called to work during lunch break
Cons
always work over time and not geting paid
Great Team Atmosphere
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Vanderhoof, BC8 March 2017
The automotive side where I worked had a good team of mechanics who all worked together to get the jobs done. Each team member brought specific skills to the job and we all worked well together.
Awesome
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB8 March 2017
super fun place to work. worked there for 15 years between Goodyear Go Center to Goodyear Certified Auto Service to Fountain Tire. Would recommend it to anyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fountain Tire. Our community is ready to answer.