Fountain Tire Employee Reviews

Toxic
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2018
Culture revolves around nepotism, a lot of sucking up, and dealing with a lot of bullying from a certain manager that this company is not willing to get rid of due to severance.

There is no work life balance because the turn over in the Accounting department is ridiculously high and understaffed.

Everyone hates working here and a lot of fake review on glassdoor to deceive potential hires.
Pros
3 weeks of vacation and 6 personal days that everyone uses to deal with the terrible management
Cons
Nepotism and a bunch of try hards
Well run business.
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB16 January 2018
Everyone pitches in with work to meet the shop goals or if a guy is falling behind usually help isn’t far. It was a great experience working with Foutain Tire.
Pros
Parts at cost
Cons
Working on wet dripping cars.
horrible work place and horrible managment
commercial tire technician (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON9 January 2018
the management is unorganized and lazy they rip you off on pay cheques and do not pay out full amounts for jobs they also fire people after probation period with no notice no pay out and illegal reasons. the company and management does not care about the safety or well being of their employees in any way shape or form if you injure yourself at work they will threaten your job over it to keep you from saying it happened at work. and if you do have medical side effects from said injury they will fire you over it. the work place is a mess and unsafe. you are required to use broken tools and to complete jobs without tools or with wrong tools. all around worst work experience of my life. hands down the worst managment i have ever had to deal with i wish i could give a negative star rating
Pros
its a job/pays the bills
Cons
bad management, no job security, forced to work against medical advise, no care for employee health and safety
Productive and very welcoming with the staff
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 January 2018
I didn't work at fountain tire for long it was more of a favour to help out one of my neighbours. While I worked there I felt welcomed and positive energy.
hard working
studder (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC10 December 2017
they hire a bunch of new people who needed jobs and lay them off 2 months later and they new they would be doing this in advance...........................
Pros
if worked through lunches they buy lunch
Cons
can't go home on time when your supposed to but you go home when the boss tells you to go home
Productive & Solid Hard working Tire Technicians
Commercial Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON5 December 2017
I learned lots and am still learning about the tire industry. I get to work alongside awesome guys that are extremely competitive and good at there jobs, that would be the most enjoyable part and the hardest part would be Job Work/Life Balance.
Pros
Work outdoors
Just another tire shop
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Spirit River, AB27 November 2017
Was just like every other tire shop. Had its good days and had its bad ones. When the shop was busy there was always lots of hours to work. Was a reasonable working environment.
fun and a learning experience
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 November 2017
It was a great place to work under the management i had. they took very good care of us and helped move forward to better your future with great advice.
Pros
freedom
Cons
dirty
Productive Place
Service Crew (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 October 2017
You will learned to change and repair tires communicating with other team members to do the task properly. Very accommodating and approachable management
Great job to get into the Automotive Industry
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 October 2017
One would learn to change over and repair tires, change engine oil on vehicles and replacing batteries. The hardest part as a tire technician are the rushes at the beginning of winter, days seem endless but it is a fast paced and exciting work environment.
good company
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Vanderhoof, BC17 October 2017
I had a great experience working a fountain tire. The balance was phenomenal I was able to be home every night. I moved up in the company quickly as the turn around for employees is usually fairly quick.
Pros
great team environment
Cons
up and down seasons
Best of luck
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON10 October 2017
Not a great place to be employed. Lack of support from management. This included unequal treatment among departments, unorganized communication between front desk/management and tire shop. The owner has left control and decision making to people in their early 20's, hence the lack of organization "gong show" atmosphere, micromanaging, double standards and hypocritical decisions & comments.
If you want to work on cars and tires in Thunder Bay, try Kal, OK or Dunrite instead
Pros
discounts on tires, benefit plan
Cons
low wages for responsibilities, everything mentioned in review
Official response from Fountain Tire
23 October 2017

We are sorry to hear about your unsatisfactory experience with Fountain Tire. It is always disappointing to lose an associate who enjoys working on cars and tires. As part of our management training program we strive to give associates the opportunity to manage and make decisions and, as part of that learning and development process, there can be bumps in the road. We wish you the best and thank you for your time with Fountain Tire.

fun workplace, fast and accurate work, motivated and challenge
Commercial Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB5 September 2017
I enjoy my daily works
I learned techniques and strategies
Very Approachable and caring management
Very unique and clean workplace with safety
the hardest is during winter job outside (on call)
the most enjoyable part is the interaction with co worker, management and, joking during non busy hours and working during a very busy hours especially summer.
Pros
Free lunch during busy times
Cons
vacation
Busy and enjoyable staff.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB10 August 2017
Liked the staff. Didn't like the idea of no raises. No chance at promotion. No bonus. No perks except benefits. I think it's a little disappointing that a company claiming to be one of the "50 best managed employers" is definitely not.
Pros
Steady work. Enjoyable staff
Cons
Long hours. Hard work. Harsh climate conditions.
Fountain Tire Review
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK25 July 2017
My most enjoyable part of this job was hands down the people I worked for/with. Never mistreated me once (the management) always very understanding and supportive always willing to break down things when I didn't quite understand as well as taking the extra time to teach and make sure of a clear understanding.
Pros
Great people, great pay, great hours
Cons
Short lunch breaks
fun place to work and benefical
Janitor (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB25 June 2017
learned workplace and hazard and safety.
dealt with a lot of chemicals, how to read labels and perform janitorial duties safely. I learned about what to use for different chemicals to use for areas that needed to be cleaned such as floors, walls, windows, toilets. etc.
workplace was fun, learned responsibility and duties.
hardest part would be cleaning the toilets.
enjoyable part of how rewarding it was for my age at the time.
Pros
free food.
Cons
cleaning toilets.
Busy shop. Great place to work
Service Manager / Journeyman Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB5 June 2017
Great place to work. Very busy shop. Has Tire Bays as well as automotive repair bays and tire and accesories showroom. Whitecourt is a great place to work and live.
great place to work
Service Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Didsbury, AB2 June 2017
this is one of the best places to work it has room for growth and you get what you put in. is one of the best benefit plans i have ever heard off too this is a a= empolyer
Fountain Tire is a fun place to work and you can learn a lot.
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 May 2017
My experience at Fountain Tire was very good. I learned a lot while i was working. I was not a employee there, i was doing my 4 weeks or work experience through Arts and Technology Centre. I worked there for 8 hours on week days. I didn't earn any salary while i was working there.
Busy place but a good atmosphere for productive work
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2017
Good place to work and learn. Everyone was always willing to help if you needed it. Management was always on top of safety and procedures to ensure a productive and safe environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fountain Tire. Our community is ready to answer.