Fountain Tire Employee Reviews

i like to work hard and learn hands on skills
Tire tech Lube tech also helped mechanics (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB25 December 2016
if i were hired i would love to start a career as soon as possible so me and my girl friend could start a family, a typical work day would be complete finish all of my tasks i work very well with others i have a hard work ethic and i practically enjoy any job thanks lucas
Pros
hard worker
Cons
some times i get a little over anxious
Enjoyable
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  High Level, AB22 October 2016
One work I would use to describe working at Fountain Tire in High Level, AB would be "enjoyable".

I enjoyed the customers, employees and interacting with the employees in the home office in Edmonton. Everyone was always so friendly.

I enjoyed the work, and when my work was completed I would help out at the customer service desk.
Pros
Frienly environment
Cons
No room to advance
Progressive and fun place to work. I gained a lot of experience and knowledge working here.
Certified Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC13 October 2016
Good pay, great benefits, excellent management. Room to move up in the company if you choose so. You get to learn a lot about vehicles and gain a basic knowledge of their operations. Was a great job.
Pros
Benefits, discounts.
Cons
None if you're not afraid of hard work.
stay far away from
Tire technician/Shuttle driver (Former Employee) –  Melfort, SK8 January 2017
I would never work for go back there to work or have my vehicle serviced very unprofessional business.. They are very over priced on mechanical great people outside of work though
Great people great company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2017
Very good place to work. Managers will listen to people and will implement good recommendations. Company has good safety and service practices. Overall fair to their employees.
Guys are great to work with
Tire Technician/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB9 January 2017
Worked there for a few years and it was a very enjoyable place to work and all the staff are awesome to work with and everyone gets along like a big happy family.
high quality demanding shop in regards to work and safety.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB1 August 2016
typical day at work consisted of getting to work and finding out half the workers were "sick" or just decided not to show up. Constantly training new people, only for them to quit a week later.
Pros
good pay
Cons
co wokres
great place
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 November 2016
fountain was a great place to work great hours great co workers flexible schedules and opportunities for advancement with training exercises out in the field
productive
Labourer (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB4 October 2016
productive until winter in lay off season, besides that its hard work for stronger people that can handle hard steady work on a daily
Great group of guys great manageme
Service truck driver/tire technician (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 May 2016
Get there around 730 put on coverallgrab a coffee chat with the fellas, 8 clock in, pull out trucks look at job board start the day, finish the day at 5 or 6 depending on the job board.
Pros
good staff, great managment
This company is great to start a career with
Tire Technician/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2016
I started this with this company changing tires and left it after progressing to a sales associate. There is a lot of room for upward and lateral progression
Pros
Cons
Hard work
So very greatful lots of fun and the boss are very nice and co worker i enjoy of that company
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster Canada3 May 2016
Im so proud of this company they giving and opportunity and as a part this company and i'm really lucky for that opportunity and also the giving me a good salary/benefits.
Pros
sometimes
Cons
minimum hours
Slightly above minimum wage with very little chance for advancement.
Automotive Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 February 2016
Fountain Tire is managed individually. Starting pay a little above minimum wage, employed over a year without a raise and no indication of any increase to come.

There is no acknowledgement of any extra effort therefore employees worked as required. Small workplace with very strict standards for interaction.

Management (at my location) was one-sided and narrow minded. Working in a small area became stressful as management was very unfair.

Besides initial training there was no change in day-to-day routines.
Pros
Sometimes bought pizza if you worked through lunch, Christmas parties for staff and employee's children.
Cons
No or little chance for advancement.
busy
Tire Installer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 July 2016
extremely busy location. very knowledgable coworkers which make it easy to learn. relaxed boss coworkers also easygoing which makes it easy to fit in
Excited, and gained more experience.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB1 February 2016
An additional experienced in this company even I'm not working very long. I did a lot of of mechanical job,I installed LED lights and it's wiring system, adjusting and fixed brakes,suspension and steering system. Repaired cooling and heating system, diagnosed engine problem and replaced exhaust manifold and some other vehicle parts.
fountain tire is the best
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB29 March 2016
Fountian Tire was the best place i've worked at unfortunatly i moved to be closer to my family so let that job go if i have a chance would love to work for that company again
Pros
great managment and co-workers
Cons
Not a good working enviroment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon9 March 2016
Company was misleading in the job position I was hired for. I was to be a sales rep and the job ended up being a glorified deliver driver which was very physical.
Pros
company vehicle and bonus program
Cons
long hours and very physical
Decent job good pay
Service Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB14 March 2016
My colleagues where great to work with. Horrible management/ service advisers and front counter staff. Job was extremely slow at times
Pros
good pay
Cons
extremely physically demanding
a really great place to work and start a career
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC29 March 2016
i really enjoyed working here. the coworkers are friendly and there is always something to be done. an all around great place to work
loved the work
Tire technician (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB23 March 2016
co workers were amazing
my most enjoyable part of the job was being able to save people when they needed it.
employee purchase was awesome.