Fossil

Fossil Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great small space with interesting personalities
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Albany, NYMarch 4, 2014
Pros: easy to be productive, fun, attractive coworkers, great discounts
Cons: on your feet all day, short breaks, small space
Fossil was fun while it lasted. I was a seasonal hire and enjoyed it because it was fairly easy to be productive. In retail the most important factors are customer service and a well tidied store. And we prided ourselves on both of those factors to be carried out to the fullest daily, and were often rewarded for it. It was also very nice to see such – more... attractive and fun personalities every day I came into work. Granted there were a few that didn't make the cut in either department and sometimes both but that was a small percentage of my coworkers. Lastly, the most important aspect I appreciated about Fossil was the amazing discounts in store and online (through the phone.) My only major vice was the skimpy paychecks, getting paid about a dollar and a 1/3 over minimum wage was not the best. I would recommend anyone who's young and looking for employment in retail to work here. – less
productive
Sales (Former Employee), Randburg, GPMarch 4, 2014
Pros: none.
Cons: long hours
It was a very competitive environment, getting along with co workers was easy, the hardest part of the job was probably the difficult customers and most enjoyable was leaving our customers happy.
Good first retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Osage Beach, MOMarch 3, 2014
Pros: store discount
Cons: working odd hours, not consistent with working hours
I've worked for this company and have recently left for a job with better pay and more room to grow, I do think this is a good first job for someone who has never worked in retail. The managers were great and they all work well together.
Fun work place
Sales associate, (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: young staff
I enjoy working with people and finding things that people need. The co-works make the job fun and enjoyable.
Fantastic.
Sales Assistant/ Concession Supervisor (Former Employee), BluewaterFebruary 19, 2014
I worked on a concession within House of Fraser. I was involved helping change the FOSSIL concessions over to WatchStationInternational.
I have never enjoyed a job in retail as much as this one. I believe it was partly due to this particular store and the people I worked with that made it brilliant. I have done a day or two at other stores and they – more... did seem quite and a bit slow (probably because of location). While it did have it's ups and downs like all jobs I still cannot fault this place more than that.
Management were so understanding that work should be fun and that people had a life outside the job, they were very accommodating.
If you are looking for a really fun and enjoyable job in retail then I really recommend fossil/WatchStation. – less
You get what you give.
Store Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis MoFebruary 18, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
productive and fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pottstown, PAFebruary 17, 2014
Typically customers come into Fossil wanting to know sales and information on the various luxury watches and leather bags sold at Fossil. Sales associates have been trained in sizing watches and changing the batteries within watches. In addition, sales associates are trained in the overall knowledge of leather goods sold in Fossil. My co-workers are – more... very friendly and everyone works as a team to meet sales goals. The hardest part of the job would probably meeting sales goals after holidays because most customers have already done most of their shopping for the season and will not shop until the next season or holiday. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the customers needs – less
Fun place to work
Concession Supervisor (Current Employee), Northampton, ENGFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: love what i do
Learning all about the new product's that are coming on to the market , building a good friendship with co-workers and host store
hitting all KPI'S required ,
The most important part of my job in makeing sure i give 100% customer service and matching the right prouct to the right person
Fossil
Store Manager (Former Employee), Charleston, South CarolinaFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: 50% discount (all the time) 70% once a month
Cons: short breaks
Open new boxes place product and straighten up store. then registers. Sell fossil products (easy sell themselves)
sell high end watches (harder but still easy)
purses, wallets, belts, sunglasses (hardest yet the brand is good)

North Charleston Store manager was amazing
Great starter job with wonderful employers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Seattle Premium OutletFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: works around schedule
Cons: short shifts
The most important skill learned from Fossil was working with a diverse costumer base. My co-workers were wonderful and very helpful when trying to learn the ins and outs of the business.
Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 29, 2014
Great company awesome discount great hours, amazing customers, management wasnt the best but workable overall fun place to work.
Such an amazing job!
WATCH SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Livermore, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: staff, products, watches, jewelry, bags, music, clothing
Cons: not enough space, stuffy
Fossil's made the work environment feel as if you were all part of a big Fossil family. Staff is very nice, putting customers first. Very fun work experience and a lot of productive responsibilities. At Fossil, there is a ton of product knowledge. I was trying to out do my co-workers and memorize all the products. Best first job by far!
Fossil is a well rounded job opportunity
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Pottstown, PAJanuary 28, 2014
I have worked with Fossil for almost four years. I started out as a Third key, and was promoted to an Assistant store manager. A typical day would be opening and closing registers, understanding what needs to be done during that day. We have hourly sales and key performance goals along with daily, monthly and quarterly goals. I help manage a team of – more... 15-25 associates at all times, sometimes more during busy months. – less
Productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I really like working for Fossil for the amount of time i worked for them. It was a fun place and they were super nice to everyone. You could tell that they loved working for the company. Very outgoing and their minds stayed on their customers and making sure they had a great experience while shopping.
Inspiring and motivating part-time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), ENGJanuary 19, 2014
Great benefits, Helpful and genuinely caring team/management, lots of training which really helps boost your sales and how you approach your work ,the shop is always full of energy and the environment is brilliant.
Productive and fun
Senior Territory Account Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2014
great plave to work with great advancement opportunities.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: paid lunch breaks
Cons: hours are cut if the store does not make sales goals
Typically customers come into Fossil wanting to know sales and information on the various luxury watches and leather bags sold at Fossil. Sales associates have been trained in sizing watches and changing the batteries within watches. In addition, sales associates are trained in the overall knowledge of leather goods sold in Fossil. My co-workers are – more... very friendly and everyone works as a team to meet sales goals. The hardest part of the job would probably meeting sales goals after holidays because most customers have already done most of their shopping for the season and will not shop until the next season or holiday. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the customers needs. – less
Sales, sales and sales.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Union SquareJanuary 8, 2014
If you love fashion, this is the place to work. Vintage look and up-beat people from your co-workers to your customers.
good company
SAP HRIS Project Manager (Current Employee), Hong KongJanuary 5, 2014
Fossil, Inc. is an American designer and manufacturer of clothing and accessories, primarily watches and jewelry, but also sunglasses, wallets, handbags, belts, shoes and clothing, based in Richardson, Texas, United States. Their brands include Fossil, Relic, Abacus, Michele Watch, Skagen,[5] and Zodiac Watches.

Fossil also makes watches for brands – more... such as Adidas, Emporio Armani, Karl Lagerfeld, Michael Kors, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Burberry, DKNY, Diesel and Armani Exchange. – less
Cannot express the joy Fossil gave me.
Key Holder (Former Employee), Dedham, MADecember 28, 2013
Pros: the people, place, and product.
Cons: holiday hours (as to be expected in a retail environment)
Fossil changed my life, it made me realize I am, in fact, a people person. Work here, give it a try.

About Fossil

Fossil is a global retailer specialising in the design, innovation, and marketing of fashion lifestyle and accessory products. At – Read more