Fossil Employee Reviews

Great company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON3 March 2016
I had an amazing, time working here. The work around your schedule and make sure you are well taken care of the employees. Listen to customer complaints and work on them to provide good customer service
Great place to earn sales experience
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 February 2016
Heavily promote sales goals, and KPIs. However, there is a fun corporate culture geared towards cultivating employees.
Fun and interactive environment
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 January 2016
The staff overall are very kind and helpful, we strive for the best for the company and looking forward each day to pursue our goal.

The spirit are definitely high and above the standard, really enjoy the overall atmosphere.
Pros
occasional free snacks
Cons
slow time are hard to get by
Not too bad, but you need a specific personality.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 January 2016
I enjoyed the items that I sold at the store and the work I had to do, but I found it difficult to connect with fellow employees. I tend to lean toward being a more reserved person, and I was working with a lot of people who loved to go to bars and parties. I had a hard time connecting with others, but I LOVED the work that I was doing while I was there. In the particular location I was in, I just didn't mesh with the personalities around me. Otherwise, I love the company and the products I was selling.

I did however have a hard time adjusting to the constant on-call shifts. I found myself feeling drained of a social life, as I was constantly missing out on social events for an on call, but was never actually called in. I missed quite a lot of social gatherings and found it hard to balance the two.
Pros
high pace, wonderful employee discount.
Cons
many on-call shifts.
Day at work
Keyholder & Leather specialist (Current Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON1 December 2015
I am a full time key holder, i open and close the store. I also have my own DOR it is product and place. In my product DOR i am required to update visual standards as we get our floorsets. I am responsible for sending feedback to our district manager. I am also respsonsible for assisting others with their DORS. In my place DOR i am responsible for all the back office operations. Supply orders, maintenance, issues, loss prevention steps, as well as sending out a hindsight and doing weekly and monthly audits. Every night during close i do payroll as well as during opening, i do all the opening and closing paperwork as well as our mid week and end of week paperwork.
Great place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 November 2015
Flexible hours, great staff, and fun environment. Would recommend to anyone looking for a part time sales job, or retail management job.
Intesive training, low pay
"Part-time Stylist" (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2015
The discount off the watches is good but other than that, it's just minimum wage. You don't get a commission for the amount you are selling. The trainings are very intense and strict.
Pros
discount
Cons
low pay
fun place to work, great atmosphere
Sales Merchandising Lead (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC22 November 2015
Fossil is a great place to work and I have learned a lot from the retail industry. It has helped me gain knowledge in a variety of different aspects and created new opportunities for me moving forward.
Great company!
Inventory Manager & Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2015
I worked at the Toronto Eaton's Center location, and it was a very fast-paced environment that was amazing to work for! A lot of positive energy and great support from the team to overcome adversities.
great place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 October 2015
great place to work if your looking for your first retail job position. they will literally hire anyone. great training to help you for any retail job
Pros
great discount
Cons
drama enviornment

Want to know more about Fossil?

Ask a question
Productive and fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2015
We are assigned to a specific zone (leathers, watches, men's wallets etc.) We greet every customer that walks through our doors. We learn to interact with them, create a comfortable environment and making sure they leave satisfied. The management is done well by our several different managers, and co-workers work hand in hand to help make sure all our customers are satisfied. The hardest part of our job, would most likely be satisfying each an every customer. However the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know new people and helping them find the perfect watch or the perfect bag.
Pros
nice environment
Cons
not enough hours
Difficult management and even worse store management
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Milton, Ontario5 May 2015
typical day:
- come in, floor supervisor will have a pep talk for the employees
- the only focus is on sales, numbers, nothing about the customers.

I learned that certain individuals are not meant for management positions, and a better screening process should be implemented

Management was terrible, but worst still was the store manager. store manager had no regard to employee moral, did not want to listen to our concerns and issues. the individual only worried about highest sales.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with unfit supervisors, but the most enjoyable was working with my fellow employees, very supportive, and help everyone out
Pros
discount
Cons
management
Sales Driven Environment, but very slow pace
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga9 April 2015
A regular day at fossil required approaching every customer and making sure their needs are met. However, the store is very slow paced as it is not busy most of the year.
fun and energetic workplace at fossil store
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 March 2015
A typical day at work is by starting the shift with a chat in from a manager informing us of our target sales and transactions and what should we focus on while talking with the customers such as: ask and listen to the customer needs, provide solutions to the problem rather than providing an option, greet customers, maintain our assigned zone, replenish stock, and at the end of the shift with a chat out with the manager telling her what worked during our sales and what didn't work and what new strategy could we implement that would provide a better result.

The hardest job is breaking the ice with the customers and getting them to open up to us the sales associates.

The most enjoyable part is getting to meet new people from all around the world and see the happy face when they come in to buy their new watch.
Productive and Self discovering
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, St Catherines28 November 2014
very busy environment with lots of personal relationships established with customers. Management was fantastic and very approachable. Co-workers were like family, we worked together and learned together.
Basic Retail Dead End Job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2014
They get you excited about the workplace when you first start giving you gifts and discounts for products but the afterwards the requirement for sales keeps going up, but the wage does not correlate with the amount you make for the store. There is no commission option for working here. Managers get a bonus when we reach a store goal, but the employees do not get a bonus or real recognition of a job well done.

Everyone is really cool they definitely hire good people but I feel bad for my co-workers too. Some of them need a full time job and that's not offered at fossil unless you are part of management, even as a key holder you aren't paid enough or given enough hours.

The job is not hard its pretty easy, make sales, greet everyone, you're paid hourly but you get warnings if you don't make your goal, the less sales you make the less hours you get.

Furthermore they always push for multiple item sales, if you force someone to buy many things, they will return all or some, which will bring your weekly sales down.

Asked many times for job advancement but always referred to the fossil careers page and most jobs are in Texas.
Pros
Everyone is nice, good vibe from everyone, the managers are approachable.
Cons
No option to sell based on commissions, low pay for hourly wage, and no full time hours.
A Partial Experince
Management (Former Employee) –  Cookstown2 September 2014
Job was great, work was challenging and there was tons of opportunity to grow. Unfortunately the management is composed of a younger generation who have become very 'cliquey' making new associates feel unwelcome. Many co-workers were dissatisfied with their positions in the store. Over all the company was great, but the work environment was poor.
Pros
challenging work, opportunity to grow, lots of business tools
Cons
bad management, favouritism, poor work ethic
No advancement
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta28 July 2014
Very stressful environment, demands are high to produce. District Manager is not able to do her job.
good people, technologically deficient infrastructure
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver13 May 2014
execute the plans provided, hands on, not too challenging.
the people are the best part.
Nice
Représentante à la vente (Current Employee) –  Montreal16 April 2014
It can be slow but the employees are amazing to work with. i learned to get what customers need most and sell them quality things. it can be quite challenging, but they give you all the tools to make it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fossil. Our community is ready to answer.