Fossil Employee Reviews

Great company!
Inventory Manager & Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2015
I worked at the Toronto Eaton's Center location, and it was a very fast-paced environment that was amazing to work for! A lot of positive energy and great support from the team to overcome adversities.
great place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 October 2015
great place to work if your looking for your first retail job position. they will literally hire anyone. great training to help you for any retail job
Pros
great discount
Cons
drama enviornment
Productive and fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2015
We are assigned to a specific zone (leathers, watches, men's wallets etc.) We greet every customer that walks through our doors. We learn to interact with them, create a comfortable environment and making sure they leave satisfied. The management is done well by our several different managers, and co-workers work hand in hand to help make sure all our customers are satisfied. The hardest part of our job, would most likely be satisfying each an every customer. However the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know new people and helping them find the perfect watch or the perfect bag.
Pros
nice environment
Cons
not enough hours
Difficult management and even worse store management
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Milton, Ontario5 May 2015
typical day:
- come in, floor supervisor will have a pep talk for the employees
- the only focus is on sales, numbers, nothing about the customers.

I learned that certain individuals are not meant for management positions, and a better screening process should be implemented

Management was terrible, but worst still was the store manager. store manager had no regard to employee moral, did not want to listen to our concerns and issues. the individual only worried about highest sales.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with unfit supervisors, but the most enjoyable was working with my fellow employees, very supportive, and help everyone out
Pros
discount
Cons
management
Sales Driven Environment, but very slow pace
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga9 April 2015
A regular day at fossil required approaching every customer and making sure their needs are met. However, the store is very slow paced as it is not busy most of the year.
fun and energetic workplace at fossil store
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 March 2015
A typical day at work is by starting the shift with a chat in from a manager informing us of our target sales and transactions and what should we focus on while talking with the customers such as: ask and listen to the customer needs, provide solutions to the problem rather than providing an option, greet customers, maintain our assigned zone, replenish stock, and at the end of the shift with a chat out with the manager telling her what worked during our sales and what didn't work and what new strategy could we implement that would provide a better result.

The hardest job is breaking the ice with the customers and getting them to open up to us the sales associates.

The most enjoyable part is getting to meet new people from all around the world and see the happy face when they come in to buy their new watch.
Productive and Self discovering
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, St Catherines28 November 2014
very busy environment with lots of personal relationships established with customers. Management was fantastic and very approachable. Co-workers were like family, we worked together and learned together.
Basic Retail Dead End Job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2014
They get you excited about the workplace when you first start giving you gifts and discounts for products but the afterwards the requirement for sales keeps going up, but the wage does not correlate with the amount you make for the store. There is no commission option for working here. Managers get a bonus when we reach a store goal, but the employees do not get a bonus or real recognition of a job well done.

Everyone is really cool they definitely hire good people but I feel bad for my co-workers too. Some of them need a full time job and that's not offered at fossil unless you are part of management, even as a key holder you aren't paid enough or given enough hours.

The job is not hard its pretty easy, make sales, greet everyone, you're paid hourly but you get warnings if you don't make your goal, the less sales you make the less hours you get.

Furthermore they always push for multiple item sales, if you force someone to buy many things, they will return all or some, which will bring your weekly sales down.

Asked many times for job advancement but always referred to the fossil careers page and most jobs are in Texas.
Pros
Everyone is nice, good vibe from everyone, the managers are approachable.
Cons
No option to sell based on commissions, low pay for hourly wage, and no full time hours.
A Partial Experince
Management (Former Employee) –  Cookstown2 September 2014
Job was great, work was challenging and there was tons of opportunity to grow. Unfortunately the management is composed of a younger generation who have become very 'cliquey' making new associates feel unwelcome. Many co-workers were dissatisfied with their positions in the store. Over all the company was great, but the work environment was poor.
Pros
challenging work, opportunity to grow, lots of business tools
Cons
bad management, favouritism, poor work ethic
No advancement
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta28 July 2014
Very stressful environment, demands are high to produce. District Manager is not able to do her job.
good people, technologically deficient infrastructure
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver13 May 2014
execute the plans provided, hands on, not too challenging.
the people are the best part.
Nice
Représentante à la vente (Current Employee) –  Montreal16 April 2014
It can be slow but the employees are amazing to work with. i learned to get what customers need most and sell them quality things. it can be quite challenging, but they give you all the tools to make it
Great people pace and product
performance (Former Employee) –  burlington26 March 2014
Great place to learn the dynamics of how the business works and a way to take skills and apply to future business.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Advancement
Great Atmosphere in a small location but hardly any hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2014
I like the culture that was present at Fossil but I need more hours and I am a really good sales associate with lots of experience but they over hired and as a result I am getting less shifts.
Pros
Good People
Cons
No hours
ENJOYABLE COMPANY TO WORK WITH
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON15 December 2013
It is a high demand occupation where it ‘s important for the company to give the best customer services to their clients as well as making the sales, it come with some pressure but it is a motivational pressure for the workers as well as for me, in my opinion is an enjoyable environment to work, coworkers are competitive but in a healthy manner in which brings up sales and commodity between the workers as well as for the head office.
Benefits
Cons
Minimum salary
Productive and fun workplace
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 June 2013
Open the store, make sure everything is neatly organized, greet and give the customers a radical customer experience.
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 May 2013
Great team building.
Teamwork is key.
It is a great place to work, the mangers are fun and understanding with students.
Pros
You get to try on all of the watches and jewelery.
Cons
When the store isn't busy, get a mop.
Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CrossIron Mills Balsac,AB9 August 2012
Everyday is an interesting day, to meet different types of customers, different attitude/mood.I learned how to interact with all the customers/co-workers specially the management team.
The hardest part of the job is when the Company hired new Store Manager.
The most enjoyable for my job is when you see you make the customer happy and satisfied and assist/helped them to the best I can.