Fossil

Fossil Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company shame about the staff
store manager (Former Employee), ashfordDecember 30, 2014
Pros: great benefits and training
Cons: the team
i recently worked for this company as a store manager and from day one the problems started there was no support from the team I was leading they was unresponsive to change and there attitude towards the company was very negative, good luck to any one that takes on this store!!!!!
Fun work place
Team Member (Current Employee), New Orleans, LADecember 29, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: not enough working hours to go around
Working here is a fun part time job. Wouldn't want to invest much of my time here. Defiantly great for a high school student who wants extra cash.
Management is the weak link.
Third Key Manager (Former Employee), GeorgiaDecember 27, 2014
Pros: awesome coworkers, great discount.
Cons: terrible management, no real company vision.
The work was fun while I was an associate in 2011-12 but when I was asked to take the third key management position I was opened up to a whole new world where I noticed Fossil has no idea what it is doing as a company. The product is great though the image Fossil is try to sell is terrible as well the communication between corporate and store is non-existent. If you find yourself looking at a job opening at your locale Fossil take it solely for the discount if nothing else really enthralls you.
New day new challenges
Place Manager (Current Employee), Elmhurst, NYDecember 22, 2014
Everyday is a new day, what happened yesterday is old news we live for the present and the future, our opportunities from yesterday is our experience for today.
College Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXDecember 11, 2014
This was a great job to have in college. Supportive management, and great company to learn sales and gain experience from.
Good start for management
Sales Lead/ Merchandiser (Former Employee), Smithfield, NCNovember 21, 2014
Pros: the customers
Cons: all new management
A typical work day consisted of a lot of customer service. Knowing how to do one on one sales and group sales. Working as one of the managers I was responsible for the over all store, keeping track of the sales, and sales associates. My Co- workers and I worked very hard to make sure the store ran as smoothly as possible, and worked well at keeping the sales associates focused on the work day. Management for this company was always a challenge because we had all new managers all at the same time, so learning how the store was suppose to be functioning was not always easy. Like I said we worked as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my team and watching how we can all drive sales high as we possibly could.
Great place to make friends!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), London, ENGNovember 20, 2014
Pros: fun incentives
The day starts with daily sales target at work, we all get together as a team find out what is the aim for the day? What can we improve? So basically we find out what are the strengths and the weaknesses of the company and compare it to the last years figures. And then the real fun starts with co-workers who would hit the target first? Great fun!

I have gained extensive experience in client interaction, selling and of-course up selling, assisting customers and excellent communication and organisational skills at Fossil. I have gained a lot of experience in visual merchandising. As a team we use our creativity to make outstanding displays which was very fun and entertaining.

Fossil is a vintage inspired brand that makes watches and bags and accessories. Therefore people who work for fossil are also vintage inspired, stylish and a little bit crazy in a good way of-course :) People I work with are very energetic, always in a good mood and always up for selling and if it is very quite then it is time to get creative with merchandising to make sure the floor set is visually appealing and of-course always dancing on the shop floor and making customers to dance with us too time to time :)
Working at fossil in the sales team was a great experience!
Sales (part time) (Former Employee), Graz, STNovember 19, 2014
I was able to improve my sales skills and furthermore the team I worked with was amazing!!!
Great place to engage with new people and build connections.
3rd Key Manager/Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Thousand OaksNovember 10, 2014
Pros: discount on great merchandise.
Cons: your want spend your entire check on all the amazing products.
Everyday is unique. You never know who you are going to meet. Matching a client with a handbag or watch they are going to cherish for years to come is very rewarding and exciting.
Productive Work place
Stocking Associate (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 1, 2014
A typical work day is restocking all the bags and watches on the floor and someone needs a new bag i will go to the back and find that certain bag or watch that the customer needs. I have learned how to fix watches and change batteries on watches. the management is very cool laid back they make sure you are doing your job but they don't pressure you to do something that you don't want to do. My co-workers are very cool we work well together that's what
Very Manual process, role clarity non existent
Global Assortment Planning Manager (Current Employee), Richardson, TXNovember 1, 2014
Pros: great healthcare coverage
Cons: manual systems extend work time, role clarity non existent
6 months into job, company started attempting to define role clarity. Systems are very manual forcing large amount of work time to complete projects. Management virtually ignores associates beyond a certain level creating job uncertainty.
Fun place to work
Customer service, associate (Former Employee), Birch Run, MIOctober 29, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: customers
Great co-workers, great managers, great place to work, great watches
Productive and Enthusiastic Workplace
Freelance Photo Assistant (Current Employee), Richardson, TXOctober 24, 2014
Pros: beautiful workplace, friendly faces, amazing cafe, starbuck on site
A great place to be inspired by everything around you. The culture of the employees and staff are nothing short of impressive, with everyone working toward the common goal of making vintage modern.
Fun, talented field organization. Home office a bit of a sorority
Mgr, Human Resources (Former Employee), Richardson, TXOctober 18, 2014
Most enjoyable part of my job was capturing and developing talent for the field organization. Incredible dedication and talent in the field but unfortunately the same can't be said about the home office. Junior talent running more than are capable of and a sorority environment with inconsistent direction from upper management.
a typical day at work
Senior SAP SD/SM Configurator (Current Employee), Richardson, TXOctober 10, 2014
Pros: shopping at fossil store
Cons: salary
Supporting production issues. Involves lot of meetings with the users. Documenting and testing the changes.
fun but be carefully not to get professionally detoured
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), TexasOctober 4, 2014
I would never get into store management. There is no work life balance. They pay for you to go back to school but will never give you the hours/time to do so. If you know how to work a crowd and have no problem selling yourself by stroking ego's you'll succeed. You will move up quickly, otherwise they will give you open promises, with the idea of doing well in your current position, just to find out later they have no position avaliable or the job has been given to someone else. Corporate is fun and exciting if you make it that far.
Fun yet challenging environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), ManchesterSeptember 28, 2014
I was constantly learning from the job and my peers on a day to day basis and thoroughly enjoyed working in a customer service focused environment.
FOSSIL INC
Sales Associate (Current Employee), McLean, VASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: friendly management, great discounts
Cons: sell sell and sell
IT IS A REALLY GOOD COMPANY TO WORK IN, FRIENDLY MANAGEMENT AND WILLING TO HELP AND TEACH WHEN EVER I NEEDED HELP OR HAD ISSUES.
Terrible leaders in upper management keep the CEO Kosta blind
Branding (Former Employee), MiamiSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: beautiful products
Cons: no great leaders, no hr, so so salaries
Full of management clicks. Very low culture regarding treatment of women by VP Matt (whose girlfriend is a big shot at Fossil, thus he does whatever he wants: i.e. tickles women, touches them and everybody just smiles and looks the other way, since retaliation and firing is sure to come, all this goes "unnoticed" by HR
fun workplace
Visual Coordinator and Vendor Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 18, 2014
seasonal
easy job
did not required a lot of effort
excellent team management

About Fossil

Fossil is a global retailer specialising in the design, innovation, and marketing of fashion lifestyle and accessory products. At – Read more