Fossil Employee Reviews

Sales
Retail Sales Representative (Seasonal Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2017
You learn to sell, you also learn about the different tactics needed in order to communicate well with your clients. Also allows you to work your courage.
Great team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 January 2017
Enjoy the people I work with at this location - very friendly and welcoming. Easy to learn new skills, helping people find gifts for people is rewarding.
never had a good experience working at fossil
Customer service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON22 January 2017
working at fossil, wasn't the best environment to work in, due to the negligence of the store manager, and rude employees, other than that serving customers wasn't difficult at all, but if your not watching the merchandise, it is easily stolen.
Pros
co workers were alright
Cons
not enough hours and to much disrespect
fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON19 January 2017
staff make it a relaxing and fun environment to work in, managment is very easy going and supportive and make you feel liek you fit in really quickly, also very understanding.
fun work place.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 December 2016
I had a blast working for fossil. they have good quality of products. enjoyed all the benefit's. I loved to learn about all the different stories behind all the watches.
Pros
watches
Cons
managers
What I learned
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 November 2016
I learned a lot by working at Fossil Inc. Watch Station.
I was able to change links on watches, which I had never learned before, and the managers had taken enough time to teach new associates how to properly do the procedure.
I also learned key demands on how to properly sell watches, that we must use to successfully close sales.
Pros
welcoming environment
Cons
closing shifts were long and long periods of standing
General Manager Premier Location (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON16 November 2016
Great place to work. Customers are loyal and always friendly.
Best part of working here is the great products. Lots of value for money.
Will be back to do my christmas shopping for sure.
Fun, quick paced, work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON7 November 2016
Fossil is a good company to work for they provide you with lots of support on how to sell their products. I liked the atmosphere everyday it was always positive and a happy place to go. At times it was stressful when trying to keep up to your numbers at times because the expected was not always reasonable.
Pros
Good co-workers, Supportive management
Cons
Long hours, lots of pressure, high stress
Fun and energetic
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2016
Fossil offers a fun and energetic place to work, with intuitive training and great personal fossil truly makes a great career choice.
Pros
50% off at the store
Cons
long hours on your feet
OK job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2016
Hours were short, and you must have weekend availability.

Pay was low, and you were required to reach your individual sales target.

Only good thing is you get huge discounts on the watches and bags.

Also good for those who are still in school, but want to make a bit of money on the side.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Short hours, individual sales target, weekly performance report
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON20 September 2016
As a part-time Sales Associate at Fossil Group Inc., my typical day is that providing customer need-base advice timely, acheving my daily sales goals, arranging dispaly cabinet and so on. It is really nice to work with my co-workers and management group in Fossil store at Niagara-on-the-lake outlet collection mall because they always give me support especially my manager who always encourage and support my work. I learned lots from this dynamic team and this job also strengthen my sales skill, customers skills and teamwork. Even though the time for closing at the end of day is a little bit long, the whole team still try their best to make everything perfect like clearing and organize the display cabinets well prepared for the next day opening.
Pros
flexible schedule, supportive management
Cons
no commission
Negative environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 September 2016
Management at the time was not up to standard. We were placed under the illusion of being on commission, with targets but were not given any incentive to meet these besides management giving us long negative conversations.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Terrible management
Leather Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON9 August 2016
Sales goals were given to all associates and goals were meant to be met each shift. If not management would be very upset and number of sales reflected on our hours as well.
Slow and low energy work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 July 2016
A lot of staff did not want to be there and the customers could clearly tell. The management (at the time) was inconsiderate towards the other employees time and needs within the workplace.
Upbeat, positive atmosphere, with lots of potential
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON28 June 2016
I learned a lot about being a Sales Associate and how to interact with our friends that came into the store to purchase Fossil Products.
I learned I can do and achieve anything that I put my mind to. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fun atmosphere in the store and the positive attitudes and working with the public.
The hardest part of the job would have been that it was just a seasonal position.
The most enjoyable part of the job was walking into the store for your shift and every one being so happy to see you, they were also equally proud of your accomplishments as well.
Pros
The staff was like one big happy family
Cons
the position was just a seasonal one
Fun, learning environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 May 2016
I worked at Fossil for the Christmas holiday season and really enjoyed it, my co-workers were fun and easy to get along with, the different managers had different personalities so it was interesting to get to know each of them, and the store catered to all focus groups product wise. The hardest part of my job was the lack of hours (I really wanted to work full time), the most enjoyable was finding new styles and fashions that I could use for myself.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Not enough hours
Excellent Place to work overall
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 May 2016
Fossil provided a fun and challenging work environment that allowed me to use my previous sales experience in a new way. I learned much about watch movements and materials, warranty guid-lines, and how to make connections with guest based on interest and experiences rather than just the product. The team was incredibly helpful with everyday challenges and provided assistants whenever needed. The most enjoyable part of my job was connecting with guest and getting to know them and not just viewing them as a sale.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON16 May 2016
I learned great communication skills. A typical day at work included chat in and chat outs where we discussed out goals.
fun environment to grow in
Third Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 May 2016
leaned basic retail analysis and how to handle difficult customers. motivating a team of plus ten people and training new hires to be adequate sales associates which can produce high metrics.
Good work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON4 May 2016
Exciting and eventful place to work. Fossil has enlightened me about customer service and retail. One is expected to promote the company in good light and show knowledge about the products

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fossil. Our community is ready to answer.