Fossil Employee Reviews

Fun, energetic work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 19, 2016
Fossil does not have the atmosphere of being a job rather it has the atmosphere of relaxation and fun all of which was conducive to my growth as a sales associate. In my time at Fossil I learned various sales techniques. While I had learned many sales techniques at my other job, Fossil showed me better ways to greet the customers, introduce products that the customer was looking for, and closing the sale. The management at Fossil has been phenomenal! They're very understanding when it comes to scheduling, mistakes, and questions. The management team at Fossil really wants to see their employees succeed. My co-workers are great, the general age range of the staff is 18-25, so everyone gets along really well. The hard part of the job would have to be checking each item in the store for tags and replacing them if needed. The most enjoyable part is talking to the customers, if you're nice to them when they walk in they're more than happy to have a conversation which is great.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
on calls
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONSeptember 20, 2016
As a part-time Sales Associate at Fossil Group Inc., my typical day is that providing customer need-base advice timely, acheving my daily sales goals, arranging dispaly cabinet and so on. It is really nice to work with my co-workers and management group in Fossil store at Niagara-on-the-lake outlet collection mall because they always give me support especially my manager who always encourage and support my work. I learned lots from this dynamic team and this job also strengthen my sales skill, customers skills and teamwork. Even though the time for closing at the end of day is a little bit long, the whole team still try their best to make everything perfect like clearing and organize the display cabinets well prepared for the next day opening.
Pros
flexible schedule, supportive management
Cons
no commission
Excellent Place to work overall
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 16, 2016
Fossil provided a fun and challenging work environment that allowed me to use my previous sales experience in a new way. I learned much about watch movements and materials, warranty guid-lines, and how to make connections with guest based on interest and experiences rather than just the product. The team was incredibly helpful with everyday challenges and provided assistants whenever needed. The most enjoyable part of my job was connecting with guest and getting to know them and not just viewing them as a sale.
a great job
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONMarch 7, 2016
fossil is a great place to work, manager is very fair on what days you can work, great attitude , team player, my co-workers are fun to work with we all get along, great customer service, the hardest part of the job would be switching the whole store over but its also a new experience and i enjoyed it. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people from around the world and making long term friends. I've learned a lot from this job as it was my first real retail job and everything I've learned and experienced i will apply to future jobs
Pros
you get breaks for lunch and or dinner
Cons
the flooring is concrete
Slow and low energy work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 4, 2016
A lot of staff did not want to be there and the customers could clearly tell. The management (at the time) was inconsiderate towards the other employees time and needs within the workplace.
Leather Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONAugust 9, 2016
Sales goals were given to all associates and goals were meant to be met each shift. If not management would be very upset and number of sales reflected on our hours as well.
Not too bad, but you need a specific personality.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 3, 2016
I enjoyed the items that I sold at the store and the work I had to do, but I found it difficult to connect with fellow employees. I tend to lean toward being a more reserved person, and I was working with a lot of people who loved to go to bars and parties. I had a hard time connecting with others, but I LOVED the work that I was doing while I was there. In the particular location I was in, I just didn't mesh with the personalities around me. Otherwise, I love the company and the products I was selling.

I did however have a hard time adjusting to the constant on-call shifts. I found myself feeling drained of a social life, as I was constantly missing out on social events for an on call, but was never actually called in. I missed quite a lot of social gatherings and found it hard to balance the two.
Pros
high pace, wonderful employee discount.
Cons
many on-call shifts.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 5, 2016
Fossil is a great place to work. Management are caring. They have a great line of products and a solid reputation. Sales goals are fairly realistic. Boutique selling might not be for everyone.
fun environment to grow in
Third Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 8, 2016
leaned basic retail analysis and how to handle difficult customers. motivating a team of plus ten people and training new hires to be adequate sales associates which can produce high metrics.
Good work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONMay 4, 2016
Exciting and eventful place to work. Fossil has enlightened me about customer service and retail. One is expected to promote the company in good light and show knowledge about the products
Day at work
Keyholder & Leather specialist (Current Employee) –  Halton Hills, ONDecember 1, 2015
I am a full time key holder, i open and close the store. I also have my own DOR it is product and place. In my product DOR i am required to update visual standards as we get our floorsets. I am responsible for sending feedback to our district manager. I am also respsonsible for assisting others with their DORS. In my place DOR i am responsible for all the back office operations. Supply orders, maintenance, issues, loss prevention steps, as well as sending out a hindsight and doing weekly and monthly audits. Every night during close i do payroll as well as during opening, i do all the opening and closing paperwork as well as our mid week and end of week paperwork.
Intesive training, low pay
"Part-time Stylist" (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2015
The discount off the watches is good but other than that, it's just minimum wage. You don't get a commission for the amount you are selling. The trainings are very intense and strict.
Pros
discount
Cons
low pay
Great place to earn sales experience
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Heavily promote sales goals, and KPIs. However, there is a fun corporate culture geared towards cultivating employees.
ENJOYABLE COMPANY TO WORK WITH
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONDecember 15, 2013
It is a high demand occupation where it ‘s important for the company to give the best customer services to their clients as well as making the sales, it come with some pressure but it is a motivational pressure for the workers as well as for me, in my opinion is an enjoyable environment to work, coworkers are competitive but in a healthy manner in which brings up sales and commodity between the workers as well as for the head office.
benefits
Cons
minimum salary
Great company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONMarch 3, 2016
I had an amazing, time working here. The work around your schedule and make sure you are well taken care of the employees. Listen to customer complaints and work on them to provide good customer service
Fun and interactive environment
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 24, 2016
The staff overall are very kind and helpful, we strive for the best for the company and looking forward each day to pursue our goal.

The spirit are definitely high and above the standard, really enjoy the overall atmosphere.
Pros
occasional free snacks
Cons
slow time are hard to get by
Productive and fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2015
We are assigned to a specific zone (leathers, watches, men's wallets etc.) We greet every customer that walks through our doors. We learn to interact with them, create a comfortable environment and making sure they leave satisfied. The management is done well by our several different managers, and co-workers work hand in hand to help make sure all our customers are satisfied. The hardest part of our job, would most likely be satisfying each an every customer. However the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know new people and helping them find the perfect watch or the perfect bag.
Pros
nice environment
Cons
not enough hours
Great place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 26, 2015
Flexible hours, great staff, and fun environment. Would recommend to anyone looking for a part time sales job, or retail management job.
fun place to work, great atmosphere
Sales Merchandising Lead (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCNovember 22, 2015
Fossil is a great place to work and I have learned a lot from the retail industry. It has helped me gain knowledge in a variety of different aspects and created new opportunities for me moving forward.
Difficult management and even worse store management
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Milton, OntarioMay 5, 2015
typical day:
- come in, floor supervisor will have a pep talk for the employees
- the only focus is on sales, numbers, nothing about the customers.

I learned that certain individuals are not meant for management positions, and a better screening process should be implemented

Management was terrible, but worst still was the store manager. store manager had no regard to employee moral, did not want to listen to our concerns and issues. the individual only worried about highest sales.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with unfit supervisors, but the most enjoyable was working with my fellow employees, very supportive, and help everyone out
Pros
discount
Cons
management