Fossil Employee Reviews

Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC9 November 2017
Great place! I love working there. It;s relax and all the employees are friendly. The discounts are amazing. Overall, this job is really good and I would suggest anyone to apply.
Fun and family-like atmosphere
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 October 2017
My time with Fossil ended in early 2016 after a poor 4th quarter caused a number of tough decisions to be made and several locations were closed and upper management suffered some terminations. Although I really did love working there and felt like the support from upper management was there, I opted to leave for something that showed more advancement opportunity beyond a store role.

If you are looking to fine tune your retail skills in a structured, but nurturing environment, Fossil is a great place to work.
Pros
Great atmosphere, incredible discounts
Cons
Could be difficult to progress beyond a store management level
Fun and friendly staff/team
Watch Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 October 2017
Fun environment, friendly staff, supportive and approachable management. Since it is retail there are fiscal goals and expectations but the Rideau Center team bring life and humour into the tasks and pay attention to accomplishments and good performance.
Pros
Great team and management, great employee discounts
Cons
Lacking sufficient hours weekly on a basic wage, and uncertain on-call hours
Part time work
o Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 October 2017
I had worked here during my early years of university to get a feel for retail and in the short year i was there i really did enjoy it. The head manager was amazing and although the assistant managers had issues with many sales associates, we were all able to sort it out with proper communication channels.
fun and flexible
Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 October 2017
Great employees, and customers are always kind. Everyone helps one another in any way possible. If someone doesn't know an answerr to a question there is always someone there to help out.
Pros
free food
Cons
short hours
Lots of Learning Opportunity
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 September 2017
Loved working for fossil. Great quirky company. Hated the management team who were not supportive and unfriendly. I was a keyholder performing the job of an Assistant Manager.
Amazing vibe to the workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 September 2017
Fossil teaches you to provide great customer service and helps you develop communication skills you can use on a day-to-day basis. The atmosphere at the workplace is great, very relaxing with little stress. Because work is a team effort, Fossil makes sure every person does there part to make work fun and enjoyable.
a great culture, however management can be troublesome
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2017
I genuinely enjoyed my Fossil family, i enjoyed the products and my day to day life. however the restrictions on hours made enjoying work hard as it became stressful to make barely over minimum wage and be limited on my hours.
Pros
great culture and an amazing team
Cons
low hours and low icome
my review on fossil
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON and mississuaga square one17 August 2017
top sales in both locations and still wasn't appreciated.great management at Niagara location, square one not so much. great atmosphere, lots of parties, team bonding. product seems to be getting lower and lower quality to improve profit margins but hurting brand name
Pros
parties and competitions with prices
Cons
not valued
coworkers are nice
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON3 August 2017
accomplishing sales goals with no commission, i felt thats was unfair but then the price at outlet is competitive too so can't complain. would be an ok job for students who hope to make pocket money and gain experience
fun collegues and atmosphere in store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2017
every day at work was a fun experience with lots of opportunities to learn.
The entire store worked as a team to provide the best experience for guests and to leave them happier than when they walked into the store.
Fun envirremont
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC24 July 2017
The staff is amazing. Always there to help one another out. Everyone is so helpful and joyful. Very knowledgeable team and does whatever they can to make their costumers satisfied with their purchases.
Great for starters
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON20 July 2017
Fossil is great for those looking to get a job while in school or looking to make some extra money on the weekends. Upper management is strict and goal-oriented, but lower levels are usually great. Many low-mid level managers understand the business of retail and are generally cool people to work with. There are sales goals that need to be met, but that is to be expected of any retail position.
Pros
Coworkers, company discount
Cons
No growth
really quiet
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2017
Yorkdale location
- not much traffic in stores --> will get very boring
- many employees, but not enough shifts
- staff is very inclusive
- many fake characters
- will take advantage of newcomers
- some friendly coworkers
Pros
discounts are amazing
Cons
barely enough hours
High end place that you'll love!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 July 2017
Lovely people, sometimes too strict but totally worth it because they teach you how to cultivate some very unique selling skills that are different than those for cheaper brands.
Pros
Good customer base- no rude people shop here.
Cons
Girls can be catty sometimes.
Fun Atmosphere, Great Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2017
Fossil is a company that really cares about it's employees. It takes the time to properly train it's managers, who in turn take the time to train their employees. Every week is about not just selling a product, but selling a story and ensuring a happy, returning customer. If you do your job, and show interest, you will advance in this place of work
Customer Service / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 June 2017
It was a nice environment to work in. We worked as a team, and supported each other when needed. Giving customers the best experience, and most importantly making sure they find what they need.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
sometimes under staffed
Very professional, very accommodating.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON23 May 2017
while the work was hard, the staff drove me to excel. I felt as though i was an integral part of the sales team, which made me try harder and harder. Treated every employee well. Customers were to be referred to as "guests", which is very humbling.
Pros
Very professional
Cons
tough work
Fossil
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON5 May 2017
I was able to learn some basic communication skills with the management at Fossil, but management always felt unorganized. They were flexible when it came to themselves showing up late for work, but as a sales associate if you were late you were treated differently.
High turnover has always been an issue through the grape vine and I can see why. The lack of authority and management skill from the Manager is why I understand that over the eight months I worked there I had the pleasure to work for three different managers.
I've learned from the negative experience I had with Fossil, and learned that they don't care when it comes to providing the best customer service.
Could have been better
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB25 April 2017
Although I enjoyed my time working here, I found that the social dynamic was quite unhealthy and detrimental to the productivity of the employees and the store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fossil. Our community is ready to answer.