Fossil Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent Place to work overall
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 16, 2016
Fossil provided a fun and challenging work environment that allowed me to use my previous sales experience in a new way. I learned much about watch movements and materials, warranty guid-lines, and how to make connections with guest based on interest and experiences rather than just the product. The team was incredibly helpful with everyday challenges and provided assistants whenever needed. The most enjoyable part of my job was connecting with guest and getting to know them and not just viewing them as a sale.
fun environment to grow in
Third Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 8, 2016
leaned basic retail analysis and how to handle difficult customers. motivating a team of plus ten people and training new hires to be adequate sales associates which can produce high metrics.
Good work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONMay 4, 2016
Exciting and eventful place to work. Fossil has enlightened me about customer service and retail. One is expected to promote the company in good light and show knowledge about the products
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 5, 2016
Fossil is a great place to work. Management are caring. They have a great line of products and a solid reputation. Sales goals are fairly realistic. Boutique selling might not be for everyone.
Fun, energetic work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 19, 2016
Fossil does not have the atmosphere of being a job rather it has the atmosphere of relaxation and fun all of which was conducive to my growth as a sales associate. In my time at Fossil I learned various sales techniques. While I had learned many sales techniques at my other job, Fossil showed me better ways to greet the customers, introduce products that the customer was looking for, and closing the sale. The management at Fossil has been phenomenal! They're very understanding when it comes to scheduling, mistakes, and questions. The management team at Fossil really wants to see their employees succeed. My co-workers are great, the general age range of the staff is 18-25, so everyone gets along really well. The hard part of the job would have to be checking each item in the store for tags and replacing them if needed. The most enjoyable part is talking to the customers, if you're nice to them when they walk in they're more than happy to have a conversation which is great.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
on calls
a great job
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONMarch 7, 2016
fossil is a great place to work, manager is very fair on what days you can work, great attitude , team player, my co-workers are fun to work with we all get along, great customer service, the hardest part of the job would be switching the whole store over but its also a new experience and i enjoyed it. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people from around the world and making long term friends. I've learned a lot from this job as it was my first real retail job and everything I've learned and experienced i will apply to future jobs
Pros
you get breaks for lunch and or dinner
Cons
the flooring is concrete
Great company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONMarch 3, 2016
I had an amazing, time working here. The work around your schedule and make sure you are well taken care of the employees. Listen to customer complaints and work on them to provide good customer service
Great place to earn sales experience
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Heavily promote sales goals, and KPIs. However, there is a fun corporate culture geared towards cultivating employees.
Fun and interactive environment
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 24, 2016
The staff overall are very kind and helpful, we strive for the best for the company and looking forward each day to pursue our goal.

The spirit are definitely high and above the standard, really enjoy the overall atmosphere.
Pros
occasional free snacks
Cons
slow time are hard to get by
Not too bad, but you need a specific personality.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 3, 2016
I enjoyed the items that I sold at the store and the work I had to do, but I found it difficult to connect with fellow employees. I tend to lean toward being a more reserved person, and I was working with a lot of people who loved to go to bars and parties. I had a hard time connecting with others, but I LOVED the work that I was doing while I was there. In the particular location I was in, I just didn't mesh with the personalities around me. Otherwise, I love the company and the products I was selling.

I did however have a hard time adjusting to the constant on-call shifts. I found myself feeling drained of a social life, as I was constantly missing out on social events for an on call, but was never actually called in. I missed quite a lot of social gatherings and found it hard to balance the two.
Pros
high pace, wonderful employee discount.
Cons
many on-call shifts.
Day at work
Keyholder & Leather specialist (Current Employee) –  Halton Hills, ONDecember 1, 2015
I am a full time key holder, i open and close the store. I also have my own DOR it is product and place. In my product DOR i am required to update visual standards as we get our floorsets. I am responsible for sending feedback to our district manager. I am also respsonsible for assisting others with their DORS. In my place DOR i am responsible for all the back office operations. Supply orders, maintenance, issues, loss prevention steps, as well as sending out a hindsight and doing weekly and monthly audits. Every night during close i do payroll as well as during opening, i do all the opening and closing paperwork as well as our mid week and end of week paperwork.
Great place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 26, 2015
Flexible hours, great staff, and fun environment. Would recommend to anyone looking for a part time sales job, or retail management job.
Intesive training, low pay
"Part-time Stylist" (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2015
The discount off the watches is good but other than that, it's just minimum wage. You don't get a commission for the amount you are selling. The trainings are very intense and strict.
Pros
discount
Cons
low pay
fun place to work, great atmosphere
Sales Merchandising Lead (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCNovember 22, 2015
Fossil is a great place to work and I have learned a lot from the retail industry. It has helped me gain knowledge in a variety of different aspects and created new opportunities for me moving forward.
Great company!
Inventory Manager & Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2015
I worked at the Toronto Eaton's Center location, and it was a very fast-paced environment that was amazing to work for! A lot of positive energy and great support from the team to overcome adversities.
great place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 6, 2015
great place to work if your looking for your first retail job position. they will literally hire anyone. great training to help you for any retail job
Pros
great discount
Cons
drama enviornment
Productive and fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2015
We are assigned to a specific zone (leathers, watches, men's wallets etc.) We greet every customer that walks through our doors. We learn to interact with them, create a comfortable environment and making sure they leave satisfied. The management is done well by our several different managers, and co-workers work hand in hand to help make sure all our customers are satisfied. The hardest part of our job, would most likely be satisfying each an every customer. However the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know new people and helping them find the perfect watch or the perfect bag.
Pros
nice environment
Cons
not enough hours
Difficult management and even worse store management
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Milton, OntarioMay 5, 2015
typical day:
- come in, floor supervisor will have a pep talk for the employees
- the only focus is on sales, numbers, nothing about the customers.

I learned that certain individuals are not meant for management positions, and a better screening process should be implemented

Management was terrible, but worst still was the store manager. store manager had no regard to employee moral, did not want to listen to our concerns and issues. the individual only worried about highest sales.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with unfit supervisors, but the most enjoyable was working with my fellow employees, very supportive, and help everyone out
Pros
discount
Cons
management
Sales Driven Environment, but very slow pace
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MississaugaApril 9, 2015
A regular day at fossil required approaching every customer and making sure their needs are met. However, the store is very slow paced as it is not busy most of the year.
fun and energetic workplace at fossil store
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 15, 2015
A typical day at work is by starting the shift with a chat in from a manager informing us of our target sales and transactions and what should we focus on while talking with the customers such as: ask and listen to the customer needs, provide solutions to the problem rather than providing an option, greet customers, maintain our assigned zone, replenish stock, and at the end of the shift with a chat out with the manager telling her what worked during our sales and what didn't work and what new strategy could we implement that would provide a better result.

The hardest job is breaking the ice with the customers and getting them to open up to us the sales associates.

The most enjoyable part is getting to meet new people from all around the world and see the happy face when they come in to buy their new watch.