Fossil Employee Reviews

my review on fossil
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON and mississuaga square one17 August 2017
top sales in both locations and still wasn't appreciated.great management at Niagara location, square one not so much. great atmosphere, lots of parties, team bonding. product seems to be getting lower and lower quality to improve profit margins but hurting brand name
Pros
parties and competitions with prices
Cons
not valued
Fun envirremont
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC24 July 2017
The staff is amazing. Always there to help one another out. Everyone is so helpful and joyful. Very knowledgeable team and does whatever they can to make their costumers satisfied with their purchases.
really quiet
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2017
Yorkdale location
- not much traffic in stores --> will get very boring
- many employees, but not enough shifts
- staff is very inclusive
- many fake characters
- will take advantage of newcomers
- some friendly coworkers
Pros
discounts are amazing
Cons
barely enough hours
High end place that you'll love!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 July 2017
Lovely people, sometimes too strict but totally worth it because they teach you how to cultivate some very unique selling skills that are different than those for cheaper brands.
Pros
Good customer base- no rude people shop here.
Cons
Girls can be catty sometimes.
Fun Atmosphere, Great Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2017
Fossil is a company that really cares about it's employees. It takes the time to properly train it's managers, who in turn take the time to train their employees. Every week is about not just selling a product, but selling a story and ensuring a happy, returning customer. If you do your job, and show interest, you will advance in this place of work
Fossil
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON5 May 2017
I was able to learn some basic communication skills with the management at Fossil, but management always felt unorganized. They were flexible when it came to themselves showing up late for work, but as a sales associate if you were late you were treated differently.
High turnover has always been an issue through the grape vine and I can see why. The lack of authority and management skill from the Manager is why I understand that over the eight months I worked there I had the pleasure to work for three different managers.
I've learned from the negative experience I had with Fossil, and learned that they don't care when it comes to providing the best customer service.
Could have been better
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB25 April 2017
Although I enjoyed my time working here, I found that the social dynamic was quite unhealthy and detrimental to the productivity of the employees and the store.
Sales
Retail Sales Representative (Seasonal Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2017
You learn to sell, you also learn about the different tactics needed in order to communicate well with your clients. Also allows you to work your courage.
never had a good experience working at fossil
Customer service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON22 January 2017
working at fossil, wasn't the best environment to work in, due to the negligence of the store manager, and rude employees, other than that serving customers wasn't difficult at all, but if your not watching the merchandise, it is easily stolen.
Pros
co workers were alright
Cons
not enough hours and to much disrespect
fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON19 January 2017
staff make it a relaxing and fun environment to work in, managment is very easy going and supportive and make you feel liek you fit in really quickly, also very understanding.
General Manager Premier Location (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON16 November 2016
Great place to work. Customers are loyal and always friendly.
Best part of working here is the great products. Lots of value for money.
Will be back to do my christmas shopping for sure.
Fun, quick paced, work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON7 November 2016
Fossil is a good company to work for they provide you with lots of support on how to sell their products. I liked the atmosphere everyday it was always positive and a happy place to go. At times it was stressful when trying to keep up to your numbers at times because the expected was not always reasonable.
Pros
Good co-workers, Supportive management
Cons
Long hours, lots of pressure, high stress
OK job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2016
Hours were short, and you must have weekend availability.

Pay was low, and you were required to reach your individual sales target.

Only good thing is you get huge discounts on the watches and bags.

Also good for those who are still in school, but want to make a bit of money on the side.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Short hours, individual sales target, weekly performance report
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON20 September 2016
As a part-time Sales Associate at Fossil Group Inc., my typical day is that providing customer need-base advice timely, acheving my daily sales goals, arranging dispaly cabinet and so on. It is really nice to work with my co-workers and management group in Fossil store at Niagara-on-the-lake outlet collection mall because they always give me support especially my manager who always encourage and support my work. I learned lots from this dynamic team and this job also strengthen my sales skill, customers skills and teamwork. Even though the time for closing at the end of day is a little bit long, the whole team still try their best to make everything perfect like clearing and organize the display cabinets well prepared for the next day opening.
Pros
flexible schedule, supportive management
Cons
no commission
Negative environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 September 2016
Management at the time was not up to standard. We were placed under the illusion of being on commission, with targets but were not given any incentive to meet these besides management giving us long negative conversations.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Terrible management
Leather Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON9 August 2016
Sales goals were given to all associates and goals were meant to be met each shift. If not management would be very upset and number of sales reflected on our hours as well.
Slow and low energy work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 July 2016
A lot of staff did not want to be there and the customers could clearly tell. The management (at the time) was inconsiderate towards the other employees time and needs within the workplace.
Excellent Place to work overall
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 May 2016
Fossil provided a fun and challenging work environment that allowed me to use my previous sales experience in a new way. I learned much about watch movements and materials, warranty guid-lines, and how to make connections with guest based on interest and experiences rather than just the product. The team was incredibly helpful with everyday challenges and provided assistants whenever needed. The most enjoyable part of my job was connecting with guest and getting to know them and not just viewing them as a sale.
fun environment to grow in
Third Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 May 2016
leaned basic retail analysis and how to handle difficult customers. motivating a team of plus ten people and training new hires to be adequate sales associates which can produce high metrics.
Good work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON4 May 2016
Exciting and eventful place to work. Fossil has enlightened me about customer service and retail. One is expected to promote the company in good light and show knowledge about the products

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fossil. Our community is ready to answer.