If you are looking for the next challenge in your career, Fossil EPC is quickly emerging as an industry leader in the heavy oil construction industry. Currently operating in the Athabasca Oil sands region of Alberta. We are currently recruiting a Document Controller to assist our team with our current and upcoming projects. This Position will be base at our Sherwood Park Office.
Document Control will be responsible for sending, receiving, distributing, circulating, tracking and expediting all official project documents to and from and within the Company. Document Control manages and maintains document control and tracking systems within Fossil EPC Ltd. The role will be responsible for document quality as it pertains to formatting, clarity and spelling.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure document control function is being performed in accordance with corporate and client procedures and project requirements in a timely and efficient manner
- Organize all Data and Document Control deliverables and activities as defined in the project management plan and monitor timely delivery of these deliverables. This may include drawing requests and tag requests
- Facilitate flow of information and communication between clients, fabricators, vendors, sub-contractors and staff; expediting deliverables, which includes vender packaging.
- Organize necessary filing and archiving of technical documents
- Track the submissions and returns of critical documents throughout the entire project, this includes RFI’s, NCR’s, DCN’s, FCR’s, FCN’s
- Compile required information for turnover of final document package
- Implement and maintain Fossil’s document managing system as required
- Assist with improvements and efficiencies within Fossil’s processes
- Other project support as required
- Fluency in English, Oral and written communication (required)
- Advanced computer skills; MS Word, Excel, Adobe and Outlook (required)
- Post-secondary education (preferred)
- Familiar with electronic document management system (desirable)
- Familiar with Live Link, Info Works or any other database type of document managing system(desirable)
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate with all staff, internal and well as external at all level
- Strong organization skills with a superior attention to detail
- Understand various drawing types, (isometrics, EHT drawings, vender, general arrangement electrical schedules etc.)
- Ability to multi-task many priorities, often changing quickly
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly effective at meeting deadlines and working with tight schedules in a changing environment.
Indeed - 7 months ago