Forum Energy Technologies

Forum Energy Technologies Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good not Great
Quality Supervisor (Current Employee), Davis OklahomaAugust 27, 2012
Pros: family friendly, challenging
Cons: compensation was not adequate
Forum Energy Technologies is a good place to work. Especially if you can make it to the upper salary tear of the organization. A typical work day begins with a safety meeting and a short discussion amongst supervisors and management about the days activities. Depending on the day of the week there is either a safety committee meeting or a production – more... meeting at 8:30am for supervisors and managers. My co-workers were all good people and were nice enough. The hardest part of my particular job was managing personnel and prioritizing tasks to complete. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to create policies. The company is so young that I was actually creating policies that will probably be used for decades to come, which is kind of cool.Their management is well compensated and have very flexible working hours with little deadlines to meet. As a mid-level, multi-site superivisor I had a taste of both worlds. I started out on the floor so I got to see what it was like for the everyday workers, (not exactly a dream job). However, as I progressed through the ranks the job and working conditions got better by miles every ring of the latter. Sadly, their compensation for those who achieve is non-existent. I'm not sure if it is corporate or just management, but the whole promotion process takes months to complete and always after the responsibility of the new position has been assumed. To make matters worse the increase in salary for the new position is not much more than what the old salary at the lower level was. Many employees know this and good, talented employees will, in many cases, pass on a promotion because they know that it will include much more work for not much more money. All that aside, it is a young and growing company and there is a good chance that this compensation sluggishness will abate if the recession ever ends and once they become more experienced using their own promotion systems. – less
Hard place to work
Another chump (Current Employee), Elmore CityJuly 19, 2012
Pros: lots of things to work on morale.
Cons: highschool atmosphere.
Lots of wishy washy people there. If your good at the game of sucking up, you will succeed. If your a hard worker and keep your head down and do your job, you will never make it there.
Fast Pace and Accuracy is the KEY
Production Planner (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 15, 2012
Oild and Gas industry savers. Production planner for gate vavles, DPFV drill pipe float valves, rubber repair kits for DPFV, fluid end assembly, seats, valve assembly, rubber inserts, pipe vises, pressure reduction valves, liners.
Great place to work!
Human Resources (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 8, 2012
Forum is growing quickly and provides alot of opportunities for growth. It has a small company feel with the resources of a large company and a true entrepreneurial spirit. Its rare to hear these days, but I love my job!
Very fast growing company
Application Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TexasFebruary 13, 2012
Forum has some of the best engineers in the industry. The company is working toward being a major player in the industry.