Forum Energy Technologies Employee Reviews

Management Untrustworthy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB12 September 2016
2016 current manager:
- does not have open-door policy;
- untrustworthy

Having worked previously where people were team-mates, not just co-workers who had to put up with one another. It was a very friendly, respectful, positive environment with a family feel and the management/supervisors/team-member were always there to assist in any way....this local company (Forum) lacks in these areas.

Yes, many of the staff are friendly. However when looking for a place where one can actually look forward to going to work and enjoys a comfortable, receptive, manager - then this would not be the place to be. Not a BAD place to work...for co-workers relatively friendly. The new kid on the block is not treated as part of the team, not welcoming at all.
unpleasant place to work poor managers
warehouse (Former Employee) –  leduc, ab30 May 2015
I worked in the warehouse until a few weeks ago. All I heard were people venting out there frustrations about management and working conditions. Management is dishonest, promises made and broken, change of plans excuse. High turnover, stories of abusive actions of managers up front. Threatening, and even physical, cover ups. I stayed only a couple months then left, hated to go in.

Look and go else where.
Pros
Cons
abusive managers
Very productive and fun workplace
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB19 April 2015
Great Company with good pay and benefits.During my 8 years employment wuith this company, I have learned a lot about Downhole Drilling Equipment manufacturing and Machining
this corp. is a bad one
labourer (Former Employee) –  leduc8 March 2014
I worked here for 4 months, then quit, didn't like the way I was being treated by managers. Moved to a new company, I found out later that management at Forum tried to get me fired from my new job by telling the new company lies about me. Thankfully the new managers didn't believe them because my work performance is excellent. They told me they know what goes on at Forum from other staff who work for them as well. Hard enough you have to deal with bad people at work but those who go to these lengths just to be vindictive is too much. What goes around eventually comes around. Nice try.
Pros
nothing
Cons
deceitful vindictive management
Welcome to the days of our lives!
I've done it all (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB28 February 2014
If you want to wake up everyday and be a part of the young and the restless this is the place for you. Managers dating managers, secret affairs, pregnancy.. Underpaid staff.. No respect.. Lies, false hope and broken promises. I was told for years, "I know I don't pay you enough but I promise I will get you more, you need to be patient".. 5 years later and I'm basically making the same amount of money as I started at. This is the most negative, fake, abusive and misleading company I have ever worked for. If you want a dead end job full of lies and false hope sign up now.. Lots of openings!!!!!
Cons
not a very good place to work
office staffer (Former Employee) –  red deer, alberta13 November 2013
The Red Deer location is actually a great place to work. Everyone gets along very well. Very friendly and team oriented.

I must state that the negative comes from the Edmonton office. Op. Manager certainly brings everyone down with his demeanor and aggressive management style. This has caused a large amount of turnover in the ranks because of his unwillingness to listen and be realistic in his dealings with staff. Concerns have been voiced however ignored due to personal relationships within the company. Tends to come back on anyone who voices concerns. Change is definately needed in headoffice.
Pros
good office environment
Cons
northern edmonton office abusive
Not a safe place to work
laborer (Former Employee) –  leduc10 August 2013
accidents are politicly covered up and lied about, leads to a repeat by someone unaware of the danger. We get meetings about accidents at Forum shops in other countries, but our accidents are covered up.

Poor air quality.
Antiquated machines and tools
No investment.
No oversight of operations.
No direction.
No competent management.
No proper planning and execution.
No hesitation to make bad decisions.
No lessons learned.
No improvement.
YES to rush, panic and threats. This place needs a management review. A secret shopper should be brought in to un-cover the trouble so the place can be overhalled.
Pros
free coffee but tastes bad when it is availible
Cons
dangerous games
SLAVE JOB
WArehouse SLAVE (Current Employee) –  LEDUC10 June 2013
The worst company I've ever worked [slavery] for.

I read these reviews but still replied to the want ad, I sure wish I hadn't. All the reports of poor managers is true. Unorganized, deceitful practices by managers, safety issue's are constantly played down and ignored. Staff is treated poorly. heavy work loads. Revolving door...large turnover. Do yourself a favor. Apply elsewhere.

Pros
Cons
everything
production
labourer (Current Employee) –  nisku26 May 2013
Superiors have unreasonable expectations in getting the job done in the amount of time they want you to. Always changing tasks at last minute. Equipment in poor condition, safety rules are ignored

Rude and mean to staff. Higher expectations for staff, much lower expectations for management. Very cocky big ego. Bad place to work.
Pros
benefits are not bad
Cons
staff treated like garbage
Machine shop leduc
Machinist  (Current Employee) –  Leduc 24 May 2013
Do yourself a favour and stay away. If your there now type up your resume. This place is a joke. Its run by people that have no clue. The people who are in charge now are only there because of "personal" relationships with co-worker/bosses or they stabbed their former bosses in the back to take their jobs. This place has gone through so much turn over that no one cares anymore. They tell you about a great safety program (Get hurt and your fired). They tell you about awesome bonus program, (if we do 300% more business than last year we will give you $100). We also will give you an additional $50 for not reporting injuries and to bully your co-workers to keep their mouths shut. This place if run by people that are just looking out for #1 and will stab anyone in the back to get what they want. There are much better jobs available and when it comes to Forum/Vanoil the grass is always greener.
ok company...lousy managers
warehouse (Former Employee) –  leduc, alberta7 May 2013

If you like working your butt off all day and getting no credit and nothing but grief from managers then this is the company for you.

Front end managers don't work in the warehouse but love to criticize you for every little thing they can think of.

I'm leaving, like so many others. Stay away!

Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
it is a very productive company with good moral and management
warehouse (Current Employee) –  leduc17 April 2013
the new warehouse management is extremely knowledgeable and proves that a company can make it to the top with good management that guides his team players in the right direction with organization and respect. you feel like family working towards a goal not just another numbered employee
not such a good place to work
labourer (Current Employee) –  Leduc AB10 April 2013
Forum Energy is actually a good company, lots of career potential.
Salaries could be better, benefits are ok.

Problem is work conditions not good. Poor morale. High Turnover. Not nice to staff. Everyone is sick of this place, Staff complaints go unanswered.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
forced long hours heavy work duites. people treated badly
not a good place to work leduc managers are bad
laborer (Current Employee) –  leduc office5 April 2013
I've been here for only a few weeks and I can see why people are so unahappy. I have heard so many stories about poor treatment from managers to staff and former staff and it is true, everything from verbal and even physical abuse, then cover it up.

local operation manager is related to branch manager so he gets away with abusive behaviour/belittles staff and backtracks on promises. Changes work duties and schedule at last minute and expects staff to work all the time/weekends/overtime, if not they berate them and threaten to fire.

When asking him a question, spends one minute answering the question and 20 minutes trying to change the subject...babbles.

I'm looking for another job asap. Turnover is so high. All employees are not happy!
Pros
talk about great advancement with company
Cons
none of the advancement talk is true.
everything you hate in a job!!!
machinist (Current Employee) –  leduc21 March 2013
Ur day starts by punching in, waiting for management to show up an hour later. Get starred at like ur an idiot when u ask whats next or what do you want me to do....or my favorite how do i do this. Go ask someone else cuz they dont know. Management has always been the issue here and always will be. With in the company from hr to gm to production manager you get nothing from them, they treat u like a bottomfeeder. Everything is always rush rush rush and always late. Ancient tooling and machines, constantly breaking down or blowing up. Management only wants whats best for stockholders and their bonuses.
Pros
burnt over cooked burgers
Cons
wage, organization, reviews, floor space, conversations, meetings, safety, and everything else u can think of
BAD PLACE TO WORK, MANAGEMENT AND WORK CONDITIONS VERY VERY BAD
LABOURER (Former Employee) –  LEDUC20 March 2013
Been working here for less than 3 months, finally had enough and quit. Management does not listen, and certainly does not care about employee concerns., your here to do as your told, not think! People call him the "little man" hiding under Pop's shadow!

Work load to heavy, not enough time to complete duties, Told to work overtime each day, come in on days off. Safety is an issue. Management is very rude to employees. No one enjoys working here. Staff turnover is very high. Everyone complains about poor treatment which is why so many new people, no one stays long. always short staffed.
Pros
could be a good training experience if treated better
Cons
managers..they are definately the problem. needs overhauling
don't waste your time with this company...management is awful
DISTRIBUTION..DM (Former Employee) –  Leduc, Alberta6 March 2013
Everything that is said about management is true. They are very bad and treat staff like garbage. Threats and Abuse is prevelant!

Its not due to head office in Houston. They are not aware of what is going on up in Alberta. Forum bought a company called "
Gauge Plus", a year ago. That is where the current managers came from, contains alot of relatives including inlaws. They have the same mentality as if they were running the company as their own, which is why they treat staff the way they do.

I worked for them in 2012 for 4 months, 75th ave office talks x talks x talks x talks Forum policy, respect and career promotion however the opposite is true, any staff feedback or input is quickly blown off. If you are not in line management will become beligerant and treat you like garbage, abusive, which explains the high turnover. Talk about Orangized Labour groups have occurred. {unionizing]

I had enough and left, they've had 3 or 4 people in my position in since. Less than one year. Other locations under they're control having the same problem. Very negative atmosphere!

Patronage appointments and special treatment for family is rampant at this location. Someone in Houston needs to step up and take a look as to why the turnover is sooo bad. Office Management is the reason.

HOUSTON PERSONNEL, You need to do something if you want this to stop!
Cons
everything about management
Read these reviews before to applying to this company!!
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Leduc27 February 2013
The biggest problem in this company is the Management. They do not know how to treat their employees and their bosses are in Houston so they get away with being lazy and delegating their work to lower staff.

Employees are completely mistreated in this company and Management/HR will lie to your face to try to go out of their way to make you miserable. They tried to steal money from my last pay check when I told them I was leaving and I had to threaten to contact Alberta Employment Standards in order for them to back down.

There are so many other oil and gas companies that will give you a much better experience. There is an overall very negative atmosphere at this company. Better to go ANYWHERE else.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
do not work here
n/a (Former Employee) –  Leduc19 February 2013
this company doesn't value their staff and overall is a really bad place to work. high turnover and low morale. stay away.
Cons
bad management
warehouse employee leduc
warehouse employee (Former Employee) –  leduc19 February 2013
long hours, told to put in overtime everyday. Very unorganized. Very negative working environment. No one likes they're job.

Management treats staff like garbage, Very rude to staff. won't listen to staff concerns, suggestions to make workplace better.

Operations- management- extremely volitile. Talks down to staff, condesending, threatens to terminate staff if they disagree with management. Volitile.

Extremely high turnover, lots of relatives working at facility. Father, Son, daughter and common law husband work together, special treatment!

Unfair workplace, management gangs up on others, lack of maturity. People go on breaks, don't come back. Incredibly high turnover
Cons
operations management is very bad, high turnover, staff treated badly. family members get perks.

2.5