FOF Production Specialist Position – PROD 001
Position Type: Regular full time after mandatory probation period
Position Location: Thurso, Quebec, (about 30-40 minutes from Gatineau/Ottawa respectively)
Salary Range (annual salary): Fortress Optical Features offers a competitive total compensation package with starting salaries based on qualifications ranging between $ 50,000 and $ 60,000
Fortress Optical Features (FOF) is a highly regarded specialized manufacturer of security devices for high value documents. Fortress Optical Features is part of the Fortress Paper group of companies listed on the TSX as FTP. Our core competencies are in vacuum deposition to make secure optical thin films for high security applications. Our work and clientele are varied, as is the workplace and challenges. You'll enjoy an open culture and a great work environment that will challenge, energize, and motivate you to excel. Fortress Optical Features offers opportunities for growth, an attractive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and an environment that promotes personal and professional success.
The Production Specialist works in a team environment as part of the production group and is responsible for the manufacture of optical thin films for commercial clients. Under the general direction of the Production Manager, the Production Specialist provides multi-skilled production support and operation of the vacuum deposition equipment to our exacting production tolerances.
- Operates the vacuum roll coater and the web conversion equipment. Constantly monitors the process, assesses variables and decides on corrective measures
- Repairs and maintains the vacuum roll coater and web conversion equipment providing specialized skills to high vacuum, electronic, mechanical, electrical, optical, software and hardware systems used in the manufacture of optical thin films
- Troubleshoots the vacuum roll coater and web conversion equipment including assessment of production yields, theorizing problems, researching solutions and implementing corrective measures
- Quality assurance/Quality control - provides quality assurance testing on process raw materials. Performs quality control on the finished product
- Planning, organizing and scheduling - participates in team discussions for managing the team's short term goals, provides detailed knowledge on production limits
- Mechanical/Electrical Design - in a small project team environment, provides M/E design skills to the team to implement projects
- Perform data gathering, analysis and report generation
- Educational requirements: Engineer, Technician or Technologist with specialization in mechanical, electrical, electronics, or similar technical area.
- A minimum of three years industrial work experience
- Basic understanding of mechanical/electrical/machine design fundamentals
- Experience with complex computerized control systems
- Ability to communicate in both official languages
- Must be able to do shift work. Ability to be flexible with changing priorities, to be self-motivated and to take initiative
- Basic computer skills with the following software: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated progression in work responsibilities
- Demonstrated self-starter
- Demonstrated high attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including a facility to work and interact with individuals at all levels
- Ability to plan and organize work efficiently and effectively
- Previous experience in an ISO certified work environment
- CAD experience
- Welding, machine shop, fabrication, electrical, plumbing or similar experience
- Printing experience
- Lab experience
- WHMIS knowledge and chemical handling experience
If you are a qualified candidate, please submit a detailed résumé and a covering letter at your earliest convenience. We will also ask you to complete a mandatory questionnaire during the application process.
- Condition of employment: Candidate must be eligible for Secret level security clearance
- We are committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from qualified men and women, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities
- Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Indeed - 20 months ago
Fortress Optical Features (FOF) is a highly regarded specialized manufacturer of security devices for high value documents. Fortress...