Fortem is looking for a talented System Engineer who wants to be part of an exceptional team, work on a really cool projects and makes positive, game changing contribution to public safety. Fortem is successfully expanding globally, and this is an exciting time to be part of the team.
Your main focus will be to provide technical expertise for requirements gathering, for planning and for processes improvement.
What’s in it for you?
- Office situated in the Old-Port, just a few minutes away from Place d’Armes metro station.
- A casual, friendly, stimulating and rewarding work environment that encourages increase in knowledge and skill set improvement.
- Family friendly atmosphere
- Competitive compensation and group benefits package
- Frequent company sponsored social events/activities
- Engineering best practices
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise to senior management and project management team
- Prepare, negotiate and review requirements for projects
- Prepare technical design, negotiate and review them for project
- Prepare acceptance test plan, negotiate acceptance with client
- Improve software development cycle
- Up to 20% of international travel is required
- Well organized and a willingness to juggle multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience as system engineer
- Demonstrated experience with system delivery
- Good understanding of software, hardware and systems
- Good understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of ISO, IEEE standards and best practices
- Knowledge of project management
Nice to have
- Knowledge of security systems, control room or video monitoring systems
- Experience with agile environments (SCRUM)
If this sounds like the opportunity you are looking for, send us your resume today!
Indeed - 5 months ago