Fortem is a thriving and fast-growing company that specializes in physical security software. Its flagship product, Omnipresence 3D, integrates different kinds of security equipment such as video cameras, door access control and geographical databases in a 3D interface to improve situational awareness and efficiency of emergency situations. Visit our website to watch our video demonstrations to learn more : http://www.fortem.com.
Our offices are located in the Montreal Old-Port, just a few minutes away from the Place d’Armes metro station. We offer a friendly, stimulating atmosphere within our scrum teams, and we provide team members with a rewarding work experience by offering creative ways to engage teams and expand knowledge. In addition there are frequent company sponsored social activities that include happy hours and game nights.
Fortem develops advanced solutions and offers challenges that only few other companies can match. As a software developer on the server team, you will be working on a distributed system that connects to numerous external systems and provides information directly to the client-side software.
The challenges that await you as a member of our team are vast and exciting, such as:
- Continuous improvement on the architecture and implementation of the system components to optimize the use of CPU, memory and the network resources.
- Integrating with new security systems that can support thousands of cameras, doors and other sensors.
- Designing and implementing components to make the system more flexible and robust
The ideal candidate demonstrates the following:
- Passion for software development and eagerness to learn.
- An interest in distributed software architecture.
- A team player and has the ability to work efficiently when faced with complex problems.
- Takes initiative, has good communication skills and is open to learning new tools and technologies.
Experience and useful abilities:
- Programming of parallel and/or distributed systems
- Network programming
- Integration with services or external systems via an API or SDK
- Good understanding of the .NET environment
We are looking for Junior, Intermediate & Senior Developers!
Salary: $50,000 - $90,000 (according to experience)
While we appreciate all applications we receive, please be advised that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Please note that only local candidate (within 50km of Montreal, Canada) will be considered at this point.