Temporary full time until April 30, 2014
Working out of the Public/Capital Works building, the Public Maintenance Labourer assists in achieving the goals related to improving the community’s physical infrastructure. The Public Maintenance Labourer provides assistance to other public works staff to ensure the maintenance services and repairs of the physical infrastructure and other assets and equipment; Works involves water and waste-water systems, mechanical and heating systems but may include any area of building, homes, or equipment maintenance. This position also requires providing services to Community Members at other reserve locations, and cross training with other employees in the Public/Capital Works Department.
- Grade 10 or related schooling, and willing to be trained
- Ability to maintain agreeable working relationships with the public, and employees
- Ability to follow established safety rules and regulations
- Ability to understand and follow written guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Physically alertness and ability to complete duties requiring physical effort.
- Knowledge of equipment operations.
- Mechanically inclined
- Good documentation and basic computer skills
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when necessary, without sacrificing quality.
- Safety Tickets: First Aid, WHIMS, Confined Space Entry
- Experience in a similar organization and/or a similar role is an asset.
- Understanding of INAC’s operations and maintenance programs and requirements an asset.
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License is an asset.
- Ability to speak Cree and/or Dene is an asset.
Fort Nelson First Nation is a progressive organization offering an incredible work environment and career advancement opportunities. To forward your resume, respond to:
Cathy Hooper, Human Resources Officer
Fort Nelson First Nation
R.R. #1, Mile 295, Alaska Highway
Fort Nelson, B.C. V0C 1R0
Fax: (250) 774-7260
E-mail: cathy.hooper at fnnation.ca
We thank all applicants for applying. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
View job description at: