Reporting to the Director of Health and Wellness, and Clinical Team leader, the Family Support Worker will serve the community by providing services and individual support for families referred by the Ministry of Children and Families and from within the community. The Family Support Worker will ensure that the development, planning, coordination and implementation of support services are culturally appropriate.
- Grade 12 diploma and equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Ability to understand and follow written guidelines, policies and procedures, laws and regulations
- Ability to implement programs based on family specific needs
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience working with families
- A well-defined diplomacy; including negotiation, conflict resolution, people management skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; be able to efficiently organize many details
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional education
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; good public relation skills
- Proven critical thinking and decision making skills; ability to work under minimal supervision
- Successful completion of a criminal record check
- Valid Driver’s License
All of the above, plus the following:
- Degree or diploma in Social Work or associated human services
- Previous experience working with high needs families
- Training in Crisis Intervention
- Previous First Nations’ experience
- Experience in a similar organization and/or a similar role.
- Ability to speak Cree and/or Dene
Fort Nelson First Nation is a progressive organization offering an incredible work environment, competitive salary packages, extended medical, dental and vision, pension plan, professional development and career advancement opportunities. To forward your resume, respond to:
Cathy Hooper, Human Resources Officer
Fort Nelson First Nation
R.R. #1, Mile 295, Alaska Highway
Fort Nelson, B.C. V0C 1R0
Fax: (250) 774-7260
E-mail: cathy.hooper at fnnation.ca
We thank all applicants for applying. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
View job description at:
Our Territory and Community
We are "the People of the Land" and we have occupied the lands of our traditional territory in the northeast...