The Work BC Employment Services Centre in Fort Nelson, BC, is seeking a highly motivated Resource Worker to join our team. This is a full-time, (35hrs/week) term position for 1 year BUT has the potential for on-going employment in a similar and or advanced position.
- Provide assistance and support with client drop-in’s: orientation to internet, job bank and other websites, creating email accounts, resumes & accessing career assessments;
- Monitor activity in the job search room and Identify Clients that have not attained employment; make referrals to case managers as necessary;
- Complete & document Preliminary Needs Assessments with Clients to determine initial client needs;
- Support clients who are applying for EI, BC Employment and Assistance, student loans, WCB; etc.
- Provide reception support and or other duties as required;
- Provide assistance based on the principal of only providing the support needed to enable success with the goal to develop self-reliance encouraging the client to do things independently;
- A minimum of 2 years post-secondary education in the Career Development, or related field and/or related experience providing employment related services;
- Experience and or training in working with persons with disabilities will be an asset;
- Possess a genuine interest and respect for people from all socio-economic backgrounds; ability to work with culturally diverse populations;
- Possess a strong understanding of the varied impact that being unemployed has on a person;
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong customer service orientation;
- Ability to prioritize and work within a multi-task environment in a calm and confident manner;
- Applied Business Technology Certificate an asset or strong computer skills: Window’s based media and MSOFFICE, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet Explorer; web page design and management;
- Willingness to learn: cross training; online courses as applicable; webinars and other professional development activities;
- Criminal Record Check is required & a Current BC driver’s license
How to apply: Submit cover letter, resume and 3 work references via email.Tentative Start Date: ASAP
Please apply for the job only in the manner specified. Failure to do so may result in your resume not being considered for this position.
Indeed - 5 months ago