Fort Nelson Employment Services Inc. operating the Work BC Employment Services Centre in Fort Nelson, BC is seeking a highly motivated Job Developer/Case Manager to join our team. This is a multi-faceted role that will provide one-one case management in addition to promotion and support of job search participants to the employer community.
This is a NEW permanent, part-time position (20hrs/wk minimum) with the possibility of full-time. The Job Developer/Case Manager will provide full-time coverage for a maternity leave – September 2013 – March 2014 (approximately).
Responsibilities: (include but not limited to)
* Coordinate and conduct marketing and outreach activities to employers, community agencies, and organizations;
* Develop relationships with employers while identifying job openings for Clients based on their individual skills and abilities;
* Source and post-employment opportunities relative to local jobs;
* Network with employers, assess and negotiate wage subsidy agreements and documentation as required;
* Provide assistance and support as required to self-serve clients: orientation to internet, job bank and other websites, creating email accounts, resumes & accessing career assessments as required.
Case Management & Financial Management:
* Provide awareness and navigation services to Clients;
* Conduct Multi-Dimensional Needs Assessments;
* Provide one to one counseling for clients identified as requiring case management;
* Administer and interpret career and or general assessments as required
* Refer to partner agencies for specialized case management, specialized assessments and self-employment as required;
* Assess financial needs and assist with identifying appropriate training and funding options;
* Determine administer and monitor unpaid and paid work placements with employers;
* Manage Client file: monitoring and navigation including follow-up to case closure
* Provide Job Coaching as required;
* Remain adaptive to changes in service delivery models, the labour market and or participant trends.
Qualifications/Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor degree or related post-secondary diploma or equivalent education and experience in Career Development, Social Work, Human Services, Psychology, Counseling, Education or related field
- Certification as a BC Certified Career Development Practitioner will be an asset
- Experience with specialized population groups including job seekers with multiple barriers will be an asset
- Experience in marketing and promotion
- Strong administrative skills in MS Office Programs
- Possess a genuine interest and respect for people; ability to work with culturally diverse populations
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong customer service orientation
* Valid driver’s license & criminal record check is required
How to apply: Submit cover letter, resume and 3 work references via email
Start Date: ASAP
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.