FIT (Fort McMurray Inspection and Testing Incorporated) is now recruiting for the positions of civil / geotechnical engineering technologist, in the city of Fort McMurray.
- Capability and competence of performing and leading laboratory testing tasks in various projects.
- Retain and develop all lab and field related documents, such as CCIL record, CNSC record, etc.
- Direct the quality control of Operations of the FIT Geotechnical & Materials lab testing activities and implement the quality control protocol for the related services.
- Review daily testing / inspection reports, conduct client meeting for quality auditing. Ensure the quality, competence and efficiency of FIT lab personal.
- Direct and lead the Geo-technical lab operations teams to ensure a safe, quality and timely delivery of contractual and ongoing service deliverable to our client base and to work closely with Laboratory staff to ensure seamless interaction between Field and Lab operations.
- Work closely with the Geotechnical Operations Management team to ensure all operations are carried out and delivered in accordance with contractual specifications, applicable regulations and technical best practice and to assist in the development of new technologies and methodologies
- Be responsible for the training of technical personal such as lab technician and build FIT geotechnical department with strong and solid technical foundation.
- Review the qualification of FIT new hires. Ensure the personnel is trained, qualified, competent, and as required certified in lab work. Approve and confirm the qualification of personnel before his individual tasks and assignments in lab.
- Assist the Health, Safety and Environment training of all lab personnel.
- Acts with professionalism at all times when representing the business to clients, peers and employees.
- Ensures that company policies are followed and understood by all lab personnel.
- 2 or more years working experience managing a CCIL/ CSA certified geotechnical lab.
- Civil or Geological Technology Diploma or Related Engineering Degree.
- Good knowledge and practice of CCIL certification and related document control.
- Safety awareness regarding the storage of portable nuclear gauge and safety hazards handling concrete specimens.
- Competent for tasks in geotechnical lab, including, Proctor, Sieve analysis, Atterberg Limits, and Hydrometer.
- Professional and good communication skills and technical writing skills replying clients' requests.
- Be able to work during weekend, shifts job and overtimes if required.
- Class 5 Alberta License must require.
- Experiences perform field drilling activities and knowledge regarding soil classification.
- Understanding the concrete mix design.
- Consulting experience and skills using AUTOCAD and EXCEL is preferred.
What do we offer
- Competitive salary and benefit. RRSP options available.
- LOA in Fort McMurray or Company Accommodation.
- Engineering and technical training will bring you the opportunities learning more, practicing more and rewarding yourself with greater future.
Indeed - 13 months ago