FIT Inc (Fort McMurray Inspection and Testing Incorporated) is now recruiting for the positions of civil / geotechnical engineering technologist, in the city of Fort McMurray.
1. Provide detailed construction inspection and QC/QA testing for geotechnical and civil engineering projects in oil sands industry
2. Conduct field compaction testing of soils and carry out field concrete testing as per CSA / CCIL requirements
3. Perform laboratory testing on soils samples, concrete specimens.
4. Conduct pile construction monitoring for driven steel and cast-in-place concrete piles
5. Work closely with client and field engineer /QC and always conduct professional communication and quality standard meeting clients' expectation.
1. Civil or Geological Technology Diploma or Related Engineering Degree.
2. 2 or more years working experience working in oil sands industry and familiar with OSSA safety regulations.
3. Good knowledge and practice of driven pile monitoring, understanding of geotechnical investigation reports and ability to interpolate the bore hole log information.
4. Safety awareness using portable gauge for field soil density tests and CCIL/CSA certification for concrete tests.
5. Competent for tasks in geotechnical lab, including, Proctor, Sieve analysis, Atterberg Limits, and Hydrometer.
6. Professional and good communication skills and technical writing skills replying clients' requests.
7. Be able to work during weekend, shifts job and overtimes if required.
8. Class 5 Alberta License must require.
1. Experiences perform field drilling activities and knowledge regarding soil classification.
2. Understanding the concrete mix design.
3. Consulting experience and skills using AUTOCAD and EXCEL is preferred.
What do we offer
1. Competitive wage and benefit. RRSP options available.
2. LOA in Fort McMurray or Company Accommodation.
3. Engineering and technical training will bring you the opportunities learning more, practicing more and rewarding yourself with greater future.
Please mention the job reference "GEO-010" in your application.