The Crisis Intervention Worker is responsible for maintaining and promoting the wellbeing, uniqueness and independence of each client. Under the supervision of the Shelter Manager, this position provides routine care and support to the women and children of Unity House. CIW’s must be sensitive to the issues associated with family violence and abuse, and are required to deal with all clients in a professional manner. This may include but is not limited to meal preparation, day-to-day house management and documentation.
The Crisis Intervention Worker supports the clients by promoting their involvement with family, friends, advocates and other stakeholders. The Crisis Intervention Worker also encourages the clients to develop individual skills, talents and abilities while maintaining their health and safety requirements.
- Individual Case Focus
- Energy & Stress Management
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Office Equipment and Appliances
- Ethics and Integrity
- Maintains and models appropriate personal boundaries with clients, and refrains from involvement with client personal affairs or other business that may constitute a conflict of interest.
- Supports clients with problem solving, crisis de-escalation, compatibility, and conflict resolution.
- Assists clients with all aspects of daily living, including but not limited to arranging appointments, transportation, accessing the community and financial support as needed.
- Prepares nutritional meals as per Site-specific guidelines using safe and hygienic food handling and storage practices and maintains current knowledge of drug and food allergies and sensitivities of each client.
- Works co-operatively with the FMFCS program staff where applicable and/or assists with planning and implementing community and in-house leisure activities.
- Provides support to casual employees regarding client and household routines, orients and trains new CIW’s, interns, and volunteers as requested by shelter manager and contacts casual employees to fill vacancies as required in accordance with established procedures.
- Respects and protects the privacy of information relating to all company clients, employees, and business affairs.
- Completes all paper work associated with intakes, discharges, nonresidential clients and crisis calls and maintains accurate statistical records. Completes statistical monthly overview and prepare for mailing.
- Perform regular household chores, including laundry and janitorial tasks as outlined on the CSW Chore list.
- Supervise Student Placements workers as requested by the shelter manager. Provide support and encouragement to clients and orient them to the facility.
- Communicate any client case concerns and/or in-shelter safety concerns to shelter supervisor.
- Promote Unity House and Unity House Programs to the community where appropriate.
- Participate in other duties and projects as assigned by the shelter manager and/or Executive Director.
- Current First Aid and CPR level “C”
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
- Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Intervention Record Check
- High School Diploma with related experience.
- Diploma in Human Services preferred
- Suicide Prevention Certificate
- Crisis Intervention Certificate preferred
- Thorough knowledge of FMCS services and other related organization services.
- Interacts with residents, general public, family members, staff, visitors, government agencies/personnel under all circumstances, which may be traumatic situations.
- Travel may be required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, and lifting.
- Crisis Intervention Workers are required to work shift work and are alone at times. When a CIW is required to work alone all safety precautions are followed as outlined in the Work Alone Legislation.
The hourly wage is $24.78, plus shift differential and Fort McMurray Allowance.
Indeed - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard