Michele Taylor Executive Director
$27.40 hourly, plus Fort McMurray Allowance of $12,480.00 annually.
This position provides administrative support to the Executive Director and the Fort McMurray Family Crisis Society. The incumbent must be able to deal with a variety of tasks requiring a considerable degree of knowledge and independence. The incumbent is expected to handle all interactions with the public in a professional manner; perform secretarial responsibilities with accuracy and efficiency; control and record financial and statistical information; coordinate and maintain office facilities, equipment, and inventories; organize and disperse monthly reports and can include data entry, file maintenance, and policy and procedure writing.
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Research and Analysis
- Decision making and Judgement
- Ethics and Integrity
- Planning and Organizing
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Responsible for maintaining and balancing petty cash and general banking duties
- Administers health and welfare benefit plans and assists employees with their insurance and health care claims and benefit packages and acts on behalf of the employees to resolve any outstanding problems with insurance providers
- Records Board Meetings, prepares board packages and schedules board meetings
- Interviewing, references checks, new hire documentation including offer letters, tax forms and benefit enrolment
- Track the status of candidates and respond with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
- Process required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
- Data entry, file maintenance, policy and procedure writing as well as participating in the recruiting process.
- Makes photocopies, processes the mail, faxes documents and performs other clerical functions
- Coordinating and communicating office activities, reception duties, shipping and receiving and general trouble shooting
- Arrange travel accommodations for key personnel for required business trips
- Professionally and sensitively respond to issues and needs identified by clients, the general public agencies, organizations, businesses, provincial and other government departments.
- Thorough knowledge of FMFCS services and other related organization services
- Ability to work independently and solve problems on own initiative
- Assists in the management of building security, such as the assignment of keys and door codes
- Negotiates contracts and service level agreements for third party suppliers and/or service providers
- Coordinate and maintains office facilities, equipment, and inventories
- Minutes for Staff, Board, Audit and Finance, and Leadership meetings
- Maintains all employee information and files and tracks holidays, vacation and sick leave.
- Researches and implements new systems for improved performance and accuracy
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Degree in Human Services preferred
- 2 years directly related experience
- Valid Alberta Driver’s License
- RCMP Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector check
- Intervention Record Check
- Knowledge of Ceridian PowerPay is an asset
- Politically and culturally sensitive.
- Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to staff privacy.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e- mail required.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Ability to use general office equipment.
- Professional appearance and manners.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Lifting or moving up to 10lbs may be required.
Indeed - 4 months ago