Formica Corporation

Formica Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great place to work
Production worker (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OhioSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: great pay, great management, tons of overtime . 401k, health benefits, credit union on site, quarterly incentive bonuses
I love my job!!! Management is easy to get along with. The employees are friendly. You can make a lot of money if you don't mind working.
Easy
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee), Evendale, OHAugust 8, 2013
Pros: rewards for jobs well done.
Cons: weak union and strict trigger happy management
Meeting at beginning of shift for carryover work and/or company news was very incomplete part of the time. On call for machine breakdowns and assigned tasks and/or P.M.s. Some production worker sabotage mostly at beginning and/or end of shift.
I learned a lot about T.S. with PLCs and a little about unions. Stayed very proficient at troubleshooting, – more... ect.
Management very strict and trigger happy.
Co-workers were great.
Sabotage
Gratification of fixing the machine and extra electrical work. – less
Poor
Inside Sales (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 29, 2013
Poor management, no advancement possible.
Nice sales team
Met my honey where I made a ton of money
Press Room / Floated to other departments (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OhioJuly 26, 2013
Pros: $$$, great work schedule, great people
Cons: some of the older generation was not welcoming of the newer generation
Great place to work, the elders taught the newer generation about the old way of doing things right. Wages where great, people where great, and where I made my money I met my honey of 6years. Now I am a nurse and still miss that place!
Production Lead
Production Lead (Former Employee), Rocklin, CAJune 8, 2013
Pros: bonuses
Cons: worked the 3rd shift
a typical day was well organized and fast paced, I learn to make fast decisions and take responsibility for my own actions. The hardest part of the day was to re-group after the previous shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay.
great hours,productive workers great inventory
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), piscataway new jerseyApril 4, 2013
Pros: great working communications with workers
Cons: all good
learned to report inventory control,trucking manifests,driver communication skills,writing bills of laden,manifests,purchasing products and the right products for the right customer
Countertop maker
Collator (Former Employee), Evendale, OHMarch 13, 2013
Pros: great pay, overtime available, weekly pay
Cons: was part of a massive lay off
Great place to work, great pay and benefits. Management is respectable.
Employees are great people
Marketing Services Project Manager (Former Employee), Evendale, OHJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: employees
Cons: if you weren't a manager, you were seldom promoted/acknowledged for your hard work
Workload was always heavy, but the team was great.
A lot of work was produced, but there was always time in the day to catch up with everyone and have a few laughs.
productive company, fair place to work
Machine Operator/ Production Worker (Former Employee), Evendale, OHAugust 1, 2012
Enjoyed working there but was caught in companies down size.
Great
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Odenton, MDJuly 6, 2012
Wish they had never closed down for business. Good manager and co-workers
My first real job
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 19, 2012
Pros: learning, fun. family type, paid well, great insurance, dental, union job
Cons: laid off and never recalled
Formica was a great place to work. I started as an order picker for the company and work my way up the ladder quickly to the highest paying job in the warehouse. My final poison with the company was in the treating department where i ran a large machine and used a computer program to keep the machine ruining and coasting laminate on the material.
Fun place to work for, everyone is down to earth
Administrative Assistant, Manufacturing Plant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 22, 2012
Pros: comfortable
Cons: the small from the chemicals
assisting engineers, communicating with employees on attendance, management is good to work for, co-workers good to work with, writing up employees on there attendance, doing the different jobs that is required of you, and all the overtime you want.
The Evendale facility is in transition. Relationship between the union and managment is not where it needs to be to be successful
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 22, 2012
Pros: decent compensenation and company vision
Cons: distrust between the union and management, a lot of people not on the same page.
If you like a challenge this is the place to work. There is a lot of work to put in before the company is competitive in the marketplace. Equipment downtime is very high and because of that there is always a need to reallocate resources. Supervisors are pressed pretty hard between upper management and the general workforce.

– June 19, 2012

I worked for the company for years, The union and the management was always in non agreement. My father finally retired for there as well and if i was called back today i would say no not because of the work environment but the problems i have seen in my past with job security. No one can succeed in life when they are being laid off every year.

About Formica Corporation

Formica Corporation was founded in 1913, and is the preeminent worldwide manufacturer and marketer of decorative surfacing materials, – Read more