The Quality Specialist, FRP will travel (50-75% of the time) to a variety of sub-contractor facilities located internationally to validate quality processes. By knowing and understanding product specification and quality attributes you will take measurements, performing visual inspections and review documents and supporting evidence to ensure our product and manufacturing processes meet both technical and quality standards.
In addition, you will verify manufacturing equipment is in proper order and assist in training of personnel to follow quality practices. When a failure does occur, the Quality Specialist, FRP will work with Production to identify and resolve problems, find solutions to prevent reoccurrence and make sure that nonconforming product does not reach the customer.
- Using a variety of techniques and inspection methods, determine if the product meets both technical and quality standards. These include visual inspections, measurements and functional testing of the product, in process inspection of equipment, validation of processes and routine calibration of instrumentation.
- Assist during the conducting of internal and external (suppliers) audits.
- Lead the investigation of quality issues and mentor others on the use of problem solving and root cause analysis methods.
- Assist production technicians in the interpretation of drawings and document technical requirements/
- Prepare technical documentation that will verify the product meets all contract technical requirements, check written reports, and verify accuracy of records.
- Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Ensure awareness and compliance of all aspects of Quality and ISO 9001 programs while also promoting quality assurance programs throughout the organization.
- Develop solutions to quality problems, make recommendations and work with all stakeholders to integrate the solution.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Quality role an asset, 3-5 years working in a manufacturing environment.
- Good level of technical and analytical skills.
- Must have the ability to use equipment to take measurements and check process equipment, read blue prints and drawings along with technical documents and ability to distinguish colors to meet quality and customer standards.
- Demonstrated ability to focus on the important issues and prioritize efforts in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships with all levels in the organization and overcome language and cultural barriers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to write technical reports.
- Understands how to work with remotely located teams.
- Strong cultural awareness with the ability to operate in a variety of cultural environments.
- Resourceful when it comes to problem solving, recommends creative ways of testing effectively, overseeing and tracking improvements of processes and efficiencies and reducing risk where necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to be open to new concepts and be open to ongoing learning.
- Ability to work with standard software programs such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat PDF.
- Have a valid passport with no restrictions on obtaining visas and an ability to travel on behalf of the Company 50-75% of the time, depending on circumstances.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Indeed - 7 months ago