Process Technologist (Kelowna, BC)
As a world leader in fiberglass and reinforced plastics manufacturing, FormaShape, a division of Whitewater Composites Ltd., offers turnkey composite solutions; delivering clients a complete range of engineering, tool building, product manufacturing, and shipping capabilities. Done in a cost conscious environment that includes ISO-9001 Standards, Kaizen methodologies, and Lean Manufacturing principles we are the largest builder of aquatic attractions in the world.
The position of Process Technologist key responsibilities include:
- Assist in the preparation of Work Instructions.
- Develop tooling jigs and fixtures for new production parts.
- Commission new molds for production and ensure first part approval.
- Provide process support, including trouble shooting for Production.
- Provide facilities layout (CAD) support to Production.
- Develop a troubleshooting guide for selected production areas.
- Assist in part costing.
- Develop and implement production process improvements.
- Assist in New Product Development and R&D.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- College diploma or university degree, preferably Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Knowledge of SolidWorks/CAD and ability to work with other standard software programs such as Microsoft Office Professional, Sharepoint, Adobe Acrobat PDF
- 1 year experience in Manufacturing, specifically Fiberglass Manufacturing
- Ability to work with plastics and/or fiberglass, particularly Resin Transfer Molding or Composites
- Knowledge of Manufacturing processes, including processing technology
- Demonstrated ability to self-learn the use of other software programs as necessary;
- Ability to multi-task with excellent project management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment focusing on continuous operational improvement; and
- Demonstrated ability to be open to new concepts and be open to ongoing learning.
A combination of experience, education, and willingness to learn will be considered.
Start Date: Immediate Opening
Hours of Work: Full-time (40 hours) Monday-Friday
Resume, cover letter and salary expectations can be submitted to our Human Resources Department by email. Attn: Process Technologist.
Closing date: Application review will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
FormaShape thanks all applicants; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.