We are currently seeking an experienced legal assistant to join our Ottawa team.
Responsibilities will include:
- providing basic administrative support to a partner and paralegal
- organizing and managing correspondences
- scheduling meetings, examinations, mediations etc.
- managing travel arrangements
- maintaining a bring-forward system
- client intake and file openings
- legal assistant or law clerk diploma
- at least 1-2 years of experience in a law firm, preferably in the area of civil litigation
- knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure
- must be highly organized, self-motivated, and able to manage multiple tasks
- high level of competency in Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- ability to prioritize work
- impeccable proofreading, grammar skills and attention to detail
- bilingual English/French is an asset
Please include a cover letter with your resume.