Forge Engineering Services Inc. is an up and coming EPCM firm partnering with clients in Western Canada's Oil/Gas and Energy industries. We are currently searching for an Intermediate Project Engineers/Technologist for work in the Oil and Gas industry. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing Operational Support to the Client. This includes Management of Change (MOC) activities, well tie-ins, and compressor facilities.
Primary Skills Required:
- Maintain critical project information, drawings, files, spreadsheets and records
- Direct preparation of mechanical construction drawing packages, P&IDs, facility
and line lists and plot plan
- Prepare design notes, calculations, specifications, and data books
- Hold design reviews with other disciplines to review technical issues and provide input into operability and constructability
- Manage subcontractors and suppliers on a daily basis
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-
generated reports for compliance with project requirements
- Author mechanical data sheets, technical specifications, and technical bid evaluations
- Analyze standard purchased and fabricated components to assure functional
compatibility to design requirements
- Delegate work to and direct Designers and/or Drafters in development; and
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Coordinate regulatory activities on behalf of the Client
- Preferred candidate must have a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, or equivalent technologist degree with relevant technical experience, as recognized by APEGA, with a minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to Environment, Health & Safety;
- Experience with P&ID development, as building, equipment sizing and material
- Fantastic English written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, mentor and leadership skills
- Western Canadian Oil and Gas industry experience
- Strong knowledge of regulatory standards
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong organizational, documentation and report writing skills; and
- Ability to orchestrate multiple tasks within given timeframes.
- Comfortable being on the front lines interfacing with clients while maintaining the
interest of the company.
Please submit a covering letter with "Intermediate Project Engineer/Technologist" in the subject line along with your resume. We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under considerations will be contacted.
Indeed - 17 months ago