FOREVER XXI

FOREVER XXI Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awesome fast-paced workplace
Co-manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 10, 2014
Pros: laid-back environment
Cons: no paid sick days
Days at Forever XXI can vary from simply keeping on top of cleanliness and customer service to more in-depth tasks such as growing and developing the staff, making decisions on what will impact sales and how to take the business into the future.

I've learned to plan my days more effectively instead of being in the moment and to manage my time more – more... effectively through delegating tasks and time budgeting.

My management team have grown alongside me and our communication is very open and honest. We have learned to utilize each others strengths and push each other to learn and adapt to a variety of situations.

I thoroughly enjoy the recruitment process and am personally responsible for the orientation of all staff members. I always teach them that the management team would never ask them to do something that we have not done ourselves.

The most difficult part of the job, I feel, is the time budgeting. I am what you would call the go-to person for all questions, issues and needs such as customer issues, staff inquiries and tech problems. This can make time budgeting difficult as I have to be realistic about these small queries taking time out of completing a project.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my staff succeed alongside me. I push them in a positive manner to achieve all they can with the tools they are given. I work hard so they can see that if they work hard too, they can feel the satisfaction I feel when a project is complete or when they achieve their personal growth goals. – less
Fast paced but fun environment
Sales Associate, Seasonal (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, decent hours
Cons: lack of lunch room, unorthodox breaks, being understaffed
A typical day at work involved constant movement to organize designated rooms, collecting all clothing and returning them in the correct location. Meanwhile, greeting and providing customer service. I learned how to follow safety protocol, build rapports with customers, and the ability to work independently as well as within a team environment. Management – more... was fickle but co-workers made the workplace enjoyable and exciting. The hardest part of working there was regularly being understaffed with a high volume of traffic, although the most enjoyable aspect was being able to build relationships with customers and providing the best service to make their visit equally enjoyable. – less
fast-paced workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 18, 2014
organizing clothes
helping tidy up the store after closing
Good job not a carrer
Area Maintenance Technician aka AMT (Current Employee), Manitoba to Nova ScotiaJuly 23, 2014
Pros: constant challenge, job security, travel
Cons: no room for advancement
Being a retail company, Forever21 is people driven. Meeting new people is constant, very high energy and very high pace.
The hardest part of the job is getting all the stores to follow the given guidelines in relation to my position and since I do not have a partner to help out all the issues fall under my care, which I don really mind.
One of the most – more... satisfying parts of the job is the fact that my immediate supervisor is all in the way in L.A., wait that did not come out right. . . with my immediate supervisor all the way in L.A., that's better, I am trusted enough to be left to my own devices to carry out my duties virtually unsupervised. Another aspect of the job I enjoy is the traveling part of it, I have been to six of our provinces thanks to the work that needs to get done at our stores.
Thanks to Forever21 I have learned to better deal with people, to make decisions under pressure, to look for and implement solutions to problems that arise on a daily basis. – less
fast pace enviornment
Head Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 5, 2014
count till, cash pulls, manage cash wrap,customer service,mange breaks,open/close store,
Bad Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cross Iron Mills Mall, Calgary AlbertaApril 14, 2014
Cons: bad mangement
A typical day we put clothes away from the fitting rooms and greet customers and offer assistance.

I learned about loss prevention and customer service.

The management is awful and employees are always quitting because its a joke. They don't train people and get mad when you're doing all that you can.

Hardest part is memorizing where different types – more... of styles go and they change the floor plan every 6 weeks so you have to memorize it all over again.

Most enjoyable was helping customers. – less
Friendly and Encouraging work environment
Visual Internship (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 13, 2014
It was always pleasant to come to work everyday. I knew that my creative skills would be challenged every day on what I could do visually to enhance the success of the store.
Fast-paced and high energy work enviroment with endless tasks.
Cashier (Current Employee), West Edmonton Mall, ABMarch 24, 2014
I enjoyed working at Forever XXI because it was a busy location with many customers to help and many tasks to complete which meant always being busy at work. Being able to help customers in an environment that many felt was overwhelming due to the size of the store and its large inventory was always the highlight of my work days.
It gave me the opportunity to gain management experience.
Stock Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 23, 2014
I love my experience here, I think that this company gave me the opportunity and experience in the management field. There's definitely a lot of room for advancement so it's a great place to start a career in retail.
Not a fun place to work
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Richmond, BCAugust 20, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: boring, long hours, repetitive, mindless
Typically, you would clean after people. Its a mindless job, it's good for people who are starting out in the workforce.
busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 8, 2013
Pros: long shifts, close to home
Cons: not enough shifts
I learned how to work well under pressure and improved my time management vastly and I can relate to customers effectively. I also now know how to handle troublesome customers without having to compromise company values and rules.
Life in Forever XXI
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 10, 2013
Pros: the people are good to me.
Cons: sometimes boxes fall on my feet.
I have been working there for almost two years. I got there when me and my family came here in Canada in 2011. The way people treat me there was good, and I have met different race of people, and became friends with them. The hardest part of the job was if we are not busy, because my salary for that week will decrease. What I like about this job is – more... when we get bonuses in holidays and other occasion. – less
Productive workplace and room for job advancement
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: discounts for employees
Cons: less hours
A typical day at work is usually greeting and acknowledging customer who come to the store, helping them with finding clothes and assisting where items are. I learned to multitask, and manage multiple duties. My co-workers are professional and esay to work with. The hardest part of the job is pleasing the customer, especially a dissatisfied customer. – more... The most enjoyable part of the job is establishing a rapport with customers by greeting and talking to them, as you would a friend. – less
worst place to work
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: good coworkers, at west ed
Cons: management, hours or lack thereof, horrible enviroment
-no good hours would be all over the place and they would cut your hours down.
-management was so disrespectful and degrading mainly store manager(2013) and one of the co-managers
- there was alot of favoritism
-coworkers were good to work with, some were lazy but there was some hard working individuals
-The pay was not good at all would pay minimum – more... wage even if you had previous experience
-Store had to much product on the floor (on racks)
-Would keep you really late – less
Great company to start your retail career in.
Co-manager-Store Operations (Current Employee), Fairview mall,north yorkApril 24, 2012
Pros: networking is huge
Cons: standing for 9 hours
Being my first retail job in Canada, I believe was the best store to start with. It gives you end to end exposure, and keeps your day exciting and is extremely fast paced. I had the opportunity to work a very diverse and very skilled management team and was to manage a team of 100+ employees.Weekends would be very intense and extremely busy which was – more... something that entire would look forward to.The best part is diversity of the team including age group, – less
Typical Retail Work
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Mobile, ALOctober 10, 2014
Learned a lot when I was in this position. The managers were an awesome and fun team to work with. It's retail so it's going to suck at times especially during the holidays, no-tax weekend, etc.
Good place to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newark, DESeptember 4, 2014
Provided excellent customer service while obtaining maximum sales results. Maintained a friendly, professional interaction at all times with customers, supervisors and co-workers. Ensured the store maintained good visual presentation.
Fun place to work and gain great customer service experience
Sales Associate/Head Cashier (Current Employee), Metairie, LAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and gaining new friendships, teamwork and employee discount
Cons: short breaks and heavy volume of clothing and customer traffic
A typical day at work would involve getting the store ready to open so customer's would have an enjoyable experience finding what they need and extras. At the beginning of the day all cash registers would be count down and verified from the night before, opening paperwork would be completed and scanned. Any emails needed for corporate office would be – more... handled and the cash wrap would be cleaned and ready to service customer's. A walk through of the sales floor would be preformed to ensure the store is ready to open with no hazards to the customer's. Once the store opens smiles are put on and customer service begins. – less
Good pay but rough hours
❸ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dayton, OhioJune 20, 2014
While working at F21 is rewarding (they pay above minimum wage, or at least the store I worked at did), they often kept us 2 to 3 hours after we were scheduled to leave if we had a closing shift - it was not rare for me to be at work until 1:30AM, which was ok on occasion, although when it happens 3 nights in a row, it does get tiring.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate, coach, 12 by 12 Specialist (Former Employee), Glendale, CAApril 16, 2014
Good hours and good people to work with. You will always updated with fashion.

1 2 3