Forever 21 Employee Reviews in Canada

Poor management at top level
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QCJanuary 30, 2014
No opportunity for advancement. No work life balance. Contracted got terminated for being a non flexible moher
Cons
poor management
glad to have gain some work experience
Customer Service, Fitting Room, Sorting, Greeter (Former Employee) –  Brampton, OntarioJanuary 11, 2013
Greeted customers and assisted them with their needs. learned great customer service skills. Co-workers were great and had good relationships with some management. Hardest part of job was standing on my feet for hours. The most enjoyable part was working as a team and dealing with customers.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
standing for long hours
Productive and fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON (Eaton Center)March 12, 2015
-I learned to work in a fast place environment
-The managers were very kind and understanding
-the hardest part of the job was standing on my feet for long hours, but i got used to it
-what i enjoyed most about my job was keeping myself occupied
Efficient workplace as a working student
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  North York, ONMay 29, 2014
A typical day at work for myself is mainly working as a cashier and also occasionally providing customer service on the sales floor. As a cashier, I process transactions for customers and provide any customer service. I've learned the economics and structure of retail. Management is sufficient with structure and managing employees. My co-workers vary from difficult to work with, to able to cooperate with myself and others to provide the companies' goals and aims. The hardest part of the job is providing proficient customer service with such a busy and vast environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with people my age who I can socialize with on the job whilst still performing the job efficiently.
Productive and friendly environment
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  toronto, onApril 29, 2014
I love my management, they are wonderful people who really do their best to train us, and help us to grow in the company as an employee. A typical day at work would be primarily focusing on customer service and in helping the customer find the products they need, and to ensure that they are having an enjoyable time at our store. Other than that, cleaning and maintaining our sections is also key, and making sure all the go backs are done in a timely manner. I learned through this experience is to work efficiently and multitasking is key. Also I have learned to memorize where things are because it is quite important when you need to help customers look for something, if you do not know where the product is it would not be very helpful to the customer at all.
Good job not a carrer
Area Maintenance Technician aka AMT (Current Employee) –  Manitoba to Nova ScotiaJuly 23, 2014
Being a retail company, Forever21 is people driven. Meeting new people is constant, very high energy and very high pace.
The hardest part of the job is getting all the stores to follow the given guidelines in relation to my position and since I do not have a partner to help out all the issues fall under my care, which I don really mind.
One of the most satisfying parts of the job is the fact that my immediate supervisor is all in the way in L.A., wait that did not come out right. . . with my immediate supervisor all the way in L.A., that's better, I am trusted enough to be left to my own devices to carry out my duties virtually unsupervised. Another aspect of the job I enjoy is the traveling part of it, I have been to six of our provinces thanks to the work that needs to get done at our stores.
Thanks to Forever21 I have learned to better deal with people, to make decisions under pressure, to look for and implement solutions to problems that arise on a daily basis.
Pros
constant challenge, job security, travel
Cons
no room for advancement
Bad management, fun environment
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 25, 2014
Shifts were extremely irregular, and only few ppl get most of the hours..and the rest of us, may be kept satisfied with 4 hr/week, I know someone who has been sacked but no explanation was given, while that friend of mine accepted the decision but really doesn't know what caused this abrupt decision, so I will say the management wasn't fair at all and, yes, shows favoritism.
Pros
chic and happy environment
Cons
unfair management
A Good first job, but not a job to stay at for long
Sales/Fits Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 4, 2013
Usually since the store was low on hours to give out I would start my day at 10am being the only one in the fitting room and sometimes the whole back of the store. My day would end at 6 and I would be very exhausted and angry because of the very low help that I receive from the store and management. I learned the acronym and it has helped me get a new jobs.
Management was good to me, however, if they did pick favourites and if you were not one of them expect your hours to be one shift a week which is usually a closing.
Co-workers were amazing, I created long-term friendships with most.
Hardest part is learning the floor set, especially if you do not work as often to memorize it and the most enjoyable part was meeting nice people.
Pros
great employees
Cons
no hours
Awesome fast-paced workplace
Co-manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 10, 2014
Days at Forever XXI can vary from simply keeping on top of cleanliness and customer service to more in-depth tasks such as growing and developing the staff, making decisions on what will impact sales and how to take the business into the future.

I've learned to plan my days more effectively instead of being in the moment and to manage my time more effectively through delegating tasks and time budgeting.

My management team have grown alongside me and our communication is very open and honest. We have learned to utilize each others strengths and push each other to learn and adapt to a variety of situations.

I thoroughly enjoy the recruitment process and am personally responsible for the orientation of all staff members. I always teach them that the management team would never ask them to do something that we have not done ourselves.

The most difficult part of the job, I feel, is the time budgeting. I am what you would call the go-to person for all questions, issues and needs such as customer issues, staff inquiries and tech problems. This can make time budgeting difficult as I have to be realistic about these small queries taking time out of completing a project.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my staff succeed alongside me. I push them in a positive manner to achieve all they can with the tools they are given. I work hard so they can see that if they work hard too, they can feel the satisfaction I feel when a project is complete or when they achieve their personal growth goals.
Pros
laid-back environment
Cons
no paid sick days
One of the worst places to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto ONApril 13, 2013
Management team was completely unreasonable. The store manager was one of the stupidest people I've ever met, it's questionable if she even finished high school. Store manager was so bad that other assistant managers would quit and complain but still she remains. They hire so many people so good luck getting hours. The store is always messy because even though they've hired so many employees, they don't actually schedule a lot of people to work. Was there for over a year and was promised a wage increase but didn't get one. Put it this way, for minimum wage you're working your butt off for nothing. You will learn nothing here and you're constantly trying to prove yourself just to get hours for a sales associate job.
a diverse and outgoing environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  toronto, onOctober 16, 2013
-required to maintain floor control
-customer service
-management are nice and social-able
-hardest part at work is seeing your employees leave
-most enjoyable at work is working with the people at work
Pros
very flexible
Cons
could provide some benifits
It gave me the opportunity to gain management experience.
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 23, 2014
I love my experience here, I think that this company gave me the opportunity and experience in the management field. There's definitely a lot of room for advancement so it's a great place to start a career in retail.
Fun workplace
Part-Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 13, 2015
Workplace is very enjoyable with enthusiastic and easy to work with coworkers. Although closing could be a bit of a handful, the job gets done with the help of the hard work from myself and as well as other employees.
Constantly constraining your abilities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSFebruary 16, 2014
The management was disorganized, instead of praising workers for their advancements, it was a very negative environment. I learned nothing from the company, I done well with my position because of past experience.
Productive, easy workplace
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJanuary 20, 2015
A typical day at Forever 21 was to maintain and clean my section of the store. Also to portray a great image of Forever 21 with excellent customer service. I learned the different fashion trends and the basics of working in retail. I got along very well with all my co-workers. The managers weren't as friendly and did not give many options with the work schedule. The hardest part of the job was making sure all clothes are put back into the correct spot. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was helping customers, vicing my opinion, and getting to know the people I worked with.
Pros
interested in fashion
Cons
hardly got any hours, managers were not very friendly
Fast past and fun job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONDecember 13, 2013
I love working here. The staff is amazing and management is very understanding and have flexible work hours. You gain good customer service experience because they tell you exactly what they want from you. You get the chance to become a personal shopper with every customer that walks into the store.

There are a few downs but then again nothing is perfect. Be prepared to stand for long periods of time. The lights are pretty bright along with the bright white walls sometimes gives me headaches. The music is constantly playing all day; yes it gets annoying.
worst place to work
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 8, 2013
-no good hours would be all over the place and they would cut your hours down.
-management was so disrespectful and degrading mainly store manager(2013) and one of the co-managers
- there was alot of favoritism
-coworkers were good to work with, some were lazy but there was some hard working individuals
-The pay was not good at all would pay minimum wage even if you had previous experience
-Store had to much product on the floor (on racks)
-Would keep you really late
Pros
good coworkers, at west ed
Cons
management, hours or lack thereof, horrible enviroment
Not so good working at f21
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dufferin, ONMay 13, 2015
Maybe it was because i joined the team when the store was opening, but i personally didnt enjoy my position at forever 21. It was very un organized, The manager made everyone come in to work even when there was too many of us.
Pros
Small shifts
Cons
No over time pay
Fun workplace with great management
Sales Associate/Cashier/Store Greeter (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 1, 2015
Lots of put backs and customer service. Have to be fashion-forward. Employees are all part of a team which makes the job easier and more fun.
Fun workplace with great, hard-working staff
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 27, 2013
Forever 21 is a great place to work as the management team maintains a healthy balance of manger and friendship with each employee. In addition, all employees are welcoming and friendly making you feel more comfortable at your job. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the many different people who enter the store and speak various other languages other than English. It is often hard to communicate with customers
Pros
great opportunity to pick up extra shifts
Cons
hard to move up in the company