Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2016
Good energy everybody works with each other. Everybody is friendly and the best part of it is helping customers find the attire they would prefer purchasing
Great experience for starters
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 May 2016
Great way to start off working in retail. Really helped me to get out of my shell and helped me to learn about sales and different fashion trends.
glad to have gain some work experience
Customer Service, Fitting Room, Sorting, Greeter (Former Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario11 January 2013
Greeted customers and assisted them with their needs. learned great customer service skills. Co-workers were great and had good relationships with some management. Hardest part of job was standing on my feet for hours. The most enjoyable part was working as a team and dealing with customers.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
standing for long hours
Overall a very positive and energetic work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 July 2015
My day would usually start of with being assigned to either Fitting Room or a specific area of the store.
We will be notified of sales and promotions that we need to know of to make sure we let customers know.
I would get familiar with the work area, if I am on the floor then I will walk around familiarize myself with the items located in my area.
Once my shift start we keep the work area clean, retrieve clothing from fitting room that is specific to my area and out them back to their designated area.
If I am doing a closing shift, then we would make sure all clothing are clear from the fitting rooms and organize and clean all displays.
Hard work in a busy environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 April 2016
Great job great experience. Excellent first job great teams. Would highly recommend positive people always really nice. But on the whole amazing
Pros
the friendly people
Cons
working overtime
Be a people person
Cashier/Sale associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 July 2015
This job you have to be able and willing to talk to who ever walks through the door. Have full knowledge of the entire store regardless of the size. They stretch you think by giving you the responsibility of the whole floor at times. I'm sorry minimum wage is not worth it.

They Management on the other hand was fantastic. They get to know you as a person and see your strengths and utilizes them. They are very understanding and run a tight ship to make sure things are done.
Pros
Employment achievement recognition, fabulous Management, first look at new stuff
Cons
horrible staff discount, limited hours, minimum wage
productive work place with fun employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON2 May 2016
it was really nice working there.
i really learned a lot from my co workers and employers.
i also enjoy shopping there
Overall, forever 21 is a nice place to work in
Terrible Experience
Sales associate/cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, On11 June 2015
Management had been terrible from the very first day I started working for the company back in 2011. Over time it just got worse, always unprofessional & on major power trips and have no clue how to treat people. Majority of gossip came from the management team. The company itself isn't good to their employees either. They randomly started making major changes to the company and cut hours drastically, started getting rid of positions & deducting people's pay.

Never received any incentives, bonuses, or gratis! Company does absolutely nothing for employees.

Work/life/balance doesn't exist with this company either- overworked & underpaid.

Best part of working here was my co workers (Not managers) because we all got along & it made work enjoyable.

As for customers on average they're pretty understandable biggest issue I ever had with customers was the company store policy (NO REFUNDS) but honestly such a high volume store you learn how to deal with a lot.
Pros
Staff members
Cons
High turn over, 10% discount, unorganized
productive and friendly workplace
Cashier, Sales Associate, Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 October 2015
productive, fun and friendly workplace with supportive team and management. most enjoyable part of the job was working with my colleagues and management, and learning from them. customers can sometimes get difficult but that is to be expected of any retail store environment.
Fun place to work with.
nice
fast learner
busy
sometimes messy
need a lot of people on the floor
hanger is easy to break
Engaging, Fulfilling, but terrible environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  toronto,ON24 April 2015
Job was extremely fulfilling and enjoyed customer service aspect of it. Over the course of six months, I maintained relationships with returning customers who enjoyed my help and advice.

Management and environment was lacking. Very poor employee respect by management. Management or veterans look down at you, very passive-aggressive environment, unsympathetic to employee needs and wants. Poor hours. employees are told that they are EXPENDABLE.

On most occasions I was asked to stay until midnight when my shift ended at ten. I was not informed of the extremity of the overtime hours. Not recommended for high school students or anyone with university course-load. Was unprepared for the maltreatment and unreasonable expectations.

The experience it gives you in the retail field is amazing.
Pros
great experience learning how to deal with customers and make sales
Cons
unpredictable and unreasonable overtime hours and terrible management
Fast Paced, exciting and busy
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 April 2016
Very team communication focused, high traffic location, lots of cleaning and organization, fun and exciting, and lovely co-workers who are kind.
Fast paced but fun environment
Sales Associate, Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2014
A typical day at work involved constant movement to organize designated rooms, collecting all clothing and returning them in the correct location. Meanwhile, greeting and providing customer service. I learned how to follow safety protocol, build rapports with customers, and the ability to work independently as well as within a team environment. Management was fickle but co-workers made the workplace enjoyable and exciting. The hardest part of working there was regularly being understaffed with a high volume of traffic, although the most enjoyable aspect was being able to build relationships with customers and providing the best service to make their visit equally enjoyable.
Pros
Great co-workers, decent hours
Cons
lack of lunch room, unorthodox breaks, being understaffed
Busy, fun with good music
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON15 October 2014
My typical day at work consisted of putting back clothing ("go-backs") from the fitting rooms back to the specific zone they came from, making sure customers had no trouble by asking customers if they need help with sizes, matching or finding what they are looking for.
Management and co=workers were awesome, full of energy and fun to work with, our managers were never rude or snappy, were very professional. The hardest part f this job for me was the first few closing shifts, because the store was so big and each worker had their own section to clean it often took quite a while to get the hang of it . most enjoyable part, well, being there around all the clothing, latest trends, helping customers. I really enjoy retail jobs!
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and friendly environment
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  toronto, on29 April 2014
I love my management, they are wonderful people who really do their best to train us, and help us to grow in the company as an employee. A typical day at work would be primarily focusing on customer service and in helping the customer find the products they need, and to ensure that they are having an enjoyable time at our store. Other than that, cleaning and maintaining our sections is also key, and making sure all the go backs are done in a timely manner. I learned through this experience is to work efficiently and multitasking is key. Also I have learned to memorize where things are because it is quite important when you need to help customers look for something, if you do not know where the product is it would not be very helpful to the customer at all.
Productive and friendly work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON17 February 2016
A typical day at work was fun and interesting. There was always something to do and I was always busy. My co-workers and mangers were all great. The hardest part of the job was keeping the work area clean because things would always get moved around, such as clothes, jewelry and shoes. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the friendly people I worked with,
A Good first job, but not a job to stay at for long
Sales/Fits Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 October 2013
Usually since the store was low on hours to give out I would start my day at 10am being the only one in the fitting room and sometimes the whole back of the store. My day would end at 6 and I would be very exhausted and angry because of the very low help that I receive from the store and management. I learned the acronym and it has helped me get a new jobs.
Management was good to me, however, if they did pick favourites and if you were not one of them expect your hours to be one shift a week which is usually a closing.
Co-workers were amazing, I created long-term friendships with most.
Hardest part is learning the floor set, especially if you do not work as often to memorize it and the most enjoyable part was meeting nice people.
Pros
Great Employees
Cons
No hours
great place to work
Sales Associate & Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2016
I learned more about myself and that I enjoy working with customers and being in a fast pace environment.
I learned to work in a big team which enhanced my communication skills and made me become a better team player.
Pros
Great clothing
Cons
not enough hours
Efficient workplace as a working student
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  North York, ON29 May 2014
A typical day at work for myself is mainly working as a cashier and also occasionally providing customer service on the sales floor. As a cashier, I process transactions for customers and provide any customer service. I've learned the economics and structure of retail. Management is sufficient with structure and managing employees. My co-workers vary from difficult to work with, to able to cooperate with myself and others to provide the companies' goals and aims. The hardest part of the job is providing proficient customer service with such a busy and vast environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with people my age who I can socialize with on the job whilst still performing the job efficiently.
Must be able to work fast and efficiently
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 November 2015
Must be able to work fast and efficiently in order to maintain the productivity of the floor. Must be friendly and help customers with finding their items. Must be able to properly communicate with others. Must be able to stand and work long hours ( may pass scheduled hours)
Cons
Long Hours

2.7