Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Fast Paced, exciting and busy
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 April 2016
Very team communication focused, high traffic location, lots of cleaning and organization, fun and exciting, and lovely co-workers who are kind.
Hard work in a busy environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 April 2016
Great job great experience. Excellent first job great teams. Would highly recommend positive people always really nice. But on the whole amazing
Pros
the friendly people
Cons
working overtime
If You Have No Choice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2016
They didnt take in consideration of the care about their employees well being. Favoritism is a given to obtain frequent/ daily shifts.
Short Lunch Breaks, No Organization or Regulations or Order in the Workforce, Not a friendly or Positive Work Place to work for.

Working here made ready and have tolerance to deal with any un-easiness

But I do love their clothing some quality is cheap but the design and style are good and i usually shop online
Pros
Cute clothing
Cons
Short Lunch Breaks, No Organization or Regulations or Order in the Workforce, Not a freindly or Positive Work Place to be in, Low store- discount
great place to work
Sales Associate & Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2016
I learned more about myself and that I enjoy working with customers and being in a fast pace environment.
I learned to work in a big team which enhanced my communication skills and made me become a better team player.
Pros
Great clothing
Cons
not enough hours
The employees there were very nice but the atmosphere was very delicate.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 April 2016
The management within the work environment that I was apart of, would consistently out you under scrutiny, even if you did not do anything wrong. They always assumed the worst out of people, and if you were a good employee they would never regonize it. I called in sick twice once because of a sinus infection, and the other because of a viral infection. I was always 15 minutes early, willing to stay late if needed, and would take other peoples shifts, and that went un-noticed.

The employees tried to make the best of it though and would happily talk to customers, and sing along to the music while they worked.
Productive environment and fun place to work
Visual Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 April 2016
Fast paced environment that challenges you daily. Each day brings something new to learn and improve many personal and interpersonal skills.
Pros
fast paced
Productive and fun workplace
MANAGER OF SERVICE AND OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 April 2016
-very busy store
- managing about 60 employees
- very strong management team
- sales driven environment
- very fun environment to work
- multitasking is the most challenging part of the job.
fast paced environment
ASM OF MERCHANDISING (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC3 April 2016
fast paced environment.
I love working with my co workers who strive the same and yet still making it a fun environment.
The hardest part of the job is getting the work done in allotted time as it is a big store.
Very fast pace work environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 March 2016
Everyday at Forever 21 was busy, fast pace and involved an immense amount of multitasking. I learned to stay positive and learn quick. Management was so supportive and understanding, they truly creative a family feel among coworkers. The hardest part of working at Forever 21 was in an environment of such high traffic and minimal staff. That is where experience, prioritizing and communication were such an important part of the job to stay a float. The most enjoyable part was when you could truly satisfy a customer with making them feel confident in something they would typically never see themselves in.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Not enough hours to have enough staff on floor
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2016
Forever 21 was my first retail job. There I grew not only professionally but also personally. Soon the management team fell apart and as retail goes many employees dropped like dead flies. I stayed for some time to see new generations hire, but soon my time to leave came as well. No matter where I go now I always refer to my experience at Forever 21 as it was great. Still today I keep in touch with my managers and many of my coworkers. However if you are not a fan of bratty teens (sometimes moms) perhaps F21 isn't for you because 75% of your customers are exactly that. Also expect to work late nights as customers are ruthless and flip your store upside down without considering the fact that you (also a human being with no more than two hands) have to clean up after all of them and restore the store back to its NCO (Neat, clean and organized) racks, tables and displays just how the visuals left them in the afternoon.
stressful workplace
Sales Associate and Cashier and stock (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 March 2016
the work is slavery,
you don't go home till 1am sometimes = feet HURT after work
they do not put any staff during the day so for the 6pm shift the store is a DISASTER!
so the closing shift does all the work and gets the store ready for the next day,
the hours are bad= not regular or no hours at all
horrible discount (only 10%)
need to have lots of patience with customers and messes
employees cant make purchases while working (cant get paid to buy something... so i stopped buying their clothes)
the ONLY thing i enjoyed was the people i worked with (minus rude managers with attitude who don't help you do any work, just sit in the back room and hide)
the CEO is on forbs list= top 500 riches people of the world yet pay their employees minimum wage and the discount for employees is only 10%....
no one should work here
Cons
No incentives, no work parties - no christmas party, long closing shifts, 5 cent raises
Fun and productive work place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2016
I had a great work experience with forever 21, I learned a lot with this company and met great people along the way. Everyday with forever 21 was a learning experience.
Good experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON8 March 2016
- running go backs
- folding clothes
- sweeping and cleaning mirrors
- helping customers find specific items
- putting out inventory onto the floor
friendly & productive
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2016
Forever 21 had a good work environment, the people were friendly, helpful and productive. Everyone helped out eachother when needed to get the job done right and efficiently.
Enjoyable workplace
Lead Services/ IT representative - Management (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 February 2016
The workplace is great! The company emphasizes on team work a lot and because of this, employees develop good relationships. It requires a lot of work, however the environment and the staff helps make work fun.
Expérience en générale
Vendeuse et caissière (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 February 2016
-Personnel très ouvert
-Beaucoup d'heures
-Ambiance très agréable
Pros
beaucoup d'heures
Cons
finir trop tard
Productive and friendly work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON17 February 2016
A typical day at work was fun and interesting. There was always something to do and I was always busy. My co-workers and mangers were all great. The hardest part of the job was keeping the work area clean because things would always get moved around, such as clothes, jewelry and shoes. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the friendly people I worked with,
Fun environment, great people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North York, ON6 February 2016
It was a good environment with encouraging managers and fun coworkers. It was busy and we got a lot of hours during the holiday season but I did not agree with minimum wage.
Cons
messy work place
Fun workplace with great people to work with
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 February 2016
The work is really fast paced since the store is, most of the days, busy. So you have to be fast with your duties to maintain the store's standards.
It teaches you on how to deal with pressure and also on how to manage your duties.
The store management is really good, they are experienced and trustworthy. Co-workers are also great, mostly young people with good sense of humor, making the work day much better.
The toughest part of the job is when there's a accumulation of activities to do in a short period of time. The best part is the flexible schedule.
Ambiance Pas trop chaleureuse
Vendeur/Stock-man, Inventaire (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 February 2016
Assurez la satisfaction du client
Répondre aux besoins des clients
Entretenir les lieux propres
Entreposage de marchandise
Pros
bonne ambiance de travail
Cons
tres court les pauses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever 21. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7