Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Reasonable
sale associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 June 2016
Overall a reasonable place to work- with good, flexible hours. Management was a bit pushy but overall a decent environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2016
Good energy everybody works with each other. Everybody is friendly and the best part of it is helping customers find the attire they would prefer purchasing
Great experience for starters
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 May 2016
Great way to start off working in retail. Really helped me to get out of my shell and helped me to learn about sales and different fashion trends.
Great clothing but terrible magaement
Sale associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2016
At first it was a really great job but then a really good manager quit and from there I feel as the store went down hill. Nobody liked the new manager they hired. One day I hear that the assistant manager got forced to quit because of the other two managers. Doesn't stop there though, A couple weeks later the other two manager's quit ! So a bunch of important people flew in, took charge of everything and they even hired the old assistant manager back. oh don't get me started on how they mistreated me. I was getting trained to become the new assistant manager but because the head manager quit her opinion didn't matter anymore. it was really un fair and now I only got 15 hours in two weeks.
Pros
got to buy cute clothing
Cons
got expected to much for to much
Fun and dynamic place to work
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale Mall20 May 2016
A typical day would be opening boxes received from the morning shipment, processed all the clothes and hung them on racks. Sometimes they need us to do sensor run or hanger run. Before closing the store, we make sure everything is cleaned in the stock room and go on the sales floor to help the sales associates.
Pros
Nice environment and friendly people
Fun and hardworking
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON17 May 2016
A typical day at work consisted of my mowing and maintaining 8-10 lawns. Management was done very well and everyone was treated fairly. The hardest part of my job was struggling with the heat and being outside for multiple hours. The most enjoyable part of my job was the bond I shared with my co workers.
Pros
Delicious Lunches
Cons
was very hot when working outside for hours on end
Hard work place with not enough support
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2016
As a sales associate in a busy store you are required to multi-task in order to ensure the cleanliness of the store while helping customers.
I have learned how to adapt and complete my tasks to a very busy environment.
Management helps around the floor as we work as a team to have a good closing.
Working without support is the hardest part as it is a huge store and team work is the only way to maintain your part of the store.
Your co-workers are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Highly productive and efficient in customer services for all ages.
Sales & Visual Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON10 May 2016
Working at Forever 21 was a great way to understand and build a strong foundation in critical communication and customer service skills within the retail sector. Our shifts consisted of consistent customer-oriented interaction in order to match their needs to the best of our ability, offering promotional information and advice for all individuals. Co-workers are extremely well coordinated, with strong work ethic and team work skills in order to ensure each section of the store was well-maintained and all customer needs were met.
Pros
Highly customer-oriented staff, strong work ethic and team work, friendly working environment
visual stylist/ sales associate
Visual Accessories Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2016
customer service, learned how to do visual, management does favoritism amongst coworkers, lack of communication over all.
It was fun and prouductive working at Forever 21 I engoyed working there
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 May 2016
This was a very good job I didn't have any complaints I enjoyed the time that I had there. We were very productive with the time that use at forever 21 we made sure that meant the needs of the customers shopping in the store.
Pros
the very organize
Cons
you work long hours with midemn breaks
productive work place with fun employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON2 May 2016
it was really nice working there.
i really learned a lot from my co workers and employers.
i also enjoy shopping there
Overall, forever 21 is a nice place to work in
Fast Paced, exciting and busy
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 April 2016
Very team communication focused, high traffic location, lots of cleaning and organization, fun and exciting, and lovely co-workers who are kind.
Hard work in a busy environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 April 2016
Great job great experience. Excellent first job great teams. Would highly recommend positive people always really nice. But on the whole amazing
Pros
the friendly people
Cons
working overtime
If You Have No Choice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2016
They didnt take in consideration of the care about their employees well being. Favoritism is a given to obtain frequent/ daily shifts.
Short Lunch Breaks, No Organization or Regulations or Order in the Workforce, Not a friendly or Positive Work Place to work for.

Working here made ready and have tolerance to deal with any un-easiness

But I do love their clothing some quality is cheap but the design and style are good and i usually shop online
Pros
Cute clothing
Cons
Short Lunch Breaks, No Organization or Regulations or Order in the Workforce, Not a freindly or Positive Work Place to be in, Low store- discount
great place to work
Sales Associate & Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2016
I learned more about myself and that I enjoy working with customers and being in a fast pace environment.
I learned to work in a big team which enhanced my communication skills and made me become a better team player.
Pros
Great clothing
Cons
not enough hours
The employees there were very nice but the atmosphere was very delicate.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 April 2016
The management within the work environment that I was apart of, would consistently out you under scrutiny, even if you did not do anything wrong. They always assumed the worst out of people, and if you were a good employee they would never regonize it. I called in sick twice once because of a sinus infection, and the other because of a viral infection. I was always 15 minutes early, willing to stay late if needed, and would take other peoples shifts, and that went un-noticed.

The employees tried to make the best of it though and would happily talk to customers, and sing along to the music while they worked.
Productive environment and fun place to work
Visual Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 April 2016
Fast paced environment that challenges you daily. Each day brings something new to learn and improve many personal and interpersonal skills.
Pros
fast paced
Productive and fun workplace
MANAGER OF SERVICE AND OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 April 2016
-very busy store
- managing about 60 employees
- very strong management team
- sales driven environment
- very fun environment to work
- multitasking is the most challenging part of the job.
fast paced environment
ASM OF MERCHANDISING (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC3 April 2016
fast paced environment.
I love working with my co workers who strive the same and yet still making it a fun environment.
The hardest part of the job is getting the work done in allotted time as it is a big store.
Very fast pace work environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 March 2016
Everyday at Forever 21 was busy, fast pace and involved an immense amount of multitasking. I learned to stay positive and learn quick. Management was so supportive and understanding, they truly creative a family feel among coworkers. The hardest part of working at Forever 21 was in an environment of such high traffic and minimal staff. That is where experience, prioritizing and communication were such an important part of the job to stay a float. The most enjoyable part was when you could truly satisfy a customer with making them feel confident in something they would typically never see themselves in.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Not enough hours to have enough staff on floor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever 21. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7