Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Good experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON8 March 2016
- running go backs
- folding clothes
- sweeping and cleaning mirrors
- helping customers find specific items
- putting out inventory onto the floor
productive and friendly workplace
Cashier, Sales Associate, Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 October 2015
productive, fun and friendly workplace with supportive team and management. most enjoyable part of the job was working with my colleagues and management, and learning from them. customers can sometimes get difficult but that is to be expected of any retail store environment.
As a sales associate
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 August 2015
Working at Forever 21 as a sales associate made me realize how communication is a very important skill in everyday activities. When it comes to work, communication helps make things move forward because everyone is on the same page and therefore less delay because of confusion and etc. Forever 21 was the type of store that would be extremely busy during typical rush-hours, and that being said, sometimes each of my coworkers/managers would be too busy to help one another out. With that type of situation, each had to learn to be independent and self-efficient, which is an important skill I learned to develop and improve then.
Pros
Happy pleasant social life with coworkers and customers
Big store with young energetic staff.
Cashier/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 August 2015
Very big store with many tasks that need to be completed during the day to function at an efficient and productive level. As a stock associate the typical day would be receiving product, getting the product prepped and ready for the floor, and working hand in hand with the merchandising team to get said product to the floor. As a cashier, it can be pretty monotonous ringing through transactions as there aren't many slow periods especially during holidays or special sales. The staff is quite young and it is easy to make quick connections. The management team was very flexible and understanding when it came to scheduling. The most enjoyable part of the job was working closely with my co-workers.
Great
Sale Associate / Accessories Visual Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2016
Got a lot of experence
Learn a lot skills to take to my other jobs
Differently an eye opener
Great co-workers
Strong work ethics with remarkable customer handling skill
The worst!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 August 2016
This is by far the worst retail job I have ever had. They hire so many people but only schedule a few people at a time. Closing is the worst because during the day there are hardly any employees working so the store becomes a disaster so when you come in at 6 for s closing shift the store is a nightmare because it hasn't been cleaned at all and no go backs have been done. They make you stay way past your scheduled hours when closing and show no appreciation for you doing so.

I only worked here for about 6 months and that was too long. In my 6 months I had 2 different store managers and saw 15-20 people quit. The management is horrible. The new store manager did absolutely nothing yet demanded so much from us. One night it was 11:30 (way past our supposed 10 pm scheduled time) and the store was still very messy and instead of helping us clean she stood behind the cash with her purse ready to go and played on her phone the entire time while we worked so hard and didn't end up leaving until after midnight. She didn't even say thank you.

The store was so messy it was nearly impossible to actually provide good customer service. There is no incentive to work hard here as you only get a measly 10% discount and no one ever tells you that your work is appreciated.

I could not be happier to have gotten a new job and quit f21. I would not recommend working here to anyone it is a horrible company.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor management, stressful work environment, bad employee discount
needed a job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON20 August 2015
thought it would be fun and beneficial

staff was great but management lacked a whole lot of structure and organization, new management all the time, never knew who was staying

too many employees were hired, not enough hours, people would quit quite often

pay not reasonable for what employees are required to do, hours not consistent

since day one i knew i would not want to work there for long, thankfully i got another job
Productive and great learning environment
Cashier/ Team leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2016
I learned a lot working here, interacting with clients one on one great admin skills and it was a fun environment to work in. The hardest part of my job was doing dictations
Unrealistic expectations, very noticeable favoritism
Sales Associate (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 August 2015
They expect you to make sales and assist customers, clean and maintain at least 2 sections on your own, and keep track of your "go-backs" (items from Cash or the Change Room that need to be put back in your section). Usually only 2 of the 3 things mentioned above are possible to get done efficiently. We always left work around midnight when the closing shifts would start at 5pm. They were always short-staffed for the closing shifts on weekends and weekdays, expecting at the most 5, employees to clean, sort and close the entire store 'on time' (when we should be closing, which is around 10pm). Horrible management; showed obvious favoritism and gave a lot of shifts to their favorite employees.
Pros
nothing
Cons
N/A
Processes & policies in place work well if & when executed correctly
Service & Operations Mgr. (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC2 November 2015
Work environment is good. Support system is in place & works well. As long as you are clear as to what position you hold while employed with this company & you do what is expected if you this is a great company to work for.
Very busy atmosphere, with things to keep you constantly entertained.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chinook mall, Calgary, Alberta.24 July 2015
Right from the moment i sign in, for my shift, there is a boat load of things for you to do. There is never a moment where you stand around and do nothing. The atmosphere is very busy but fun. The co-workers are so kind, and all around amazing. The hardest part of the job is when the store is closed. There are so many clothes piled up and ready for you to put away. You also have to clean your section, which can take hours, if you don't do it correctly. You also aren't allowed to leave the store unless every section is perfect, and ready for the next day. Overall it's a great learning experience, that will teach you to be patient and how to get things done at a fast pace.
Pros
Keeps you busy from the start of your shift to the end.
Cons
The hours are long.
Productive fun workplace with great people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 July 2015
I loved working at Forever 21, it was a great first retail job and I absolutely loved the people I worked with. Its always been a fast pace job, where you need to juggle two or three tasks at hand but if you're comfortable with that you will do great here. I wish I could have stayed but the hours they give you vary very much and it doesn't pay enough for the amount of hours they give you.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Less hours
Work life
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 September 2015
I loved working at forever 21 I got along with everyone we were all a big family from time to time I see myself missing being in that environment. My typical day would be running clothes back on to the floor fixing displays speaking to district managers about the layout for the store and upcoming campaigns. Management was kind of shaky in the beginning because our head manager was never trained to be a head manager but she was a wonderful person nonetheless over time she became impeccable with her position. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a hundred different task and executing them all perfectly it put real pressure on me but I learned to preserve through that. The most enjoyable part was being able to work in an environment where I got along with everyone and loved coming into work everyday because I knew someone would put a smile on my face
Overall a very positive and energetic work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 July 2015
My day would usually start of with being assigned to either Fitting Room or a specific area of the store.
We will be notified of sales and promotions that we need to know of to make sure we let customers know.
I would get familiar with the work area, if I am on the floor then I will walk around familiarize myself with the items located in my area.
Once my shift start we keep the work area clean, retrieve clothing from fitting room that is specific to my area and out them back to their designated area.
If I am doing a closing shift, then we would make sure all clothing are clear from the fitting rooms and organize and clean all displays.
Be a people person
Cashier/Sale associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 July 2015
This job you have to be able and willing to talk to who ever walks through the door. Have full knowledge of the entire store regardless of the size. They stretch you think by giving you the responsibility of the whole floor at times. I'm sorry minimum wage is not worth it.

They Management on the other hand was fantastic. They get to know you as a person and see your strengths and utilizes them. They are very understanding and run a tight ship to make sure things are done.
Pros
Employment achievement recognition, fabulous Management, first look at new stuff
Cons
horrible staff discount, limited hours, minimum wage
A fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2015
A typical day at forever 21 would be you would sign into the computer and then the manger would give you a section to look after and for the rest of the time you would be looking after your section picking up clothing and putting things away and helping costumers. I learned about a lot more about costumer service how to improve. The Mangement is very good they care about there employees. All of my co workers are very nice fun to be around. The hardest part of the job would be standing for long periods of time but i have learned to work around it. The most enjoyable part of my job would be seeing the costumers walking out of the store with a smile on there face cause they have found what they wanted .
Fast-paced, fun work place!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 November 2015
Many people I know tell me how even walking into Forever 21 gives them anxiety. Its so big, and has so many things to choose from. If customers think this -- just imagine working there. When you are on the floor, there is never a minute you get to yourself, ALWAYS something to do.

The hardest part about my job would probably have to be the cleaning. I TRULY believe, if every person were to work one day at this store, it would NEVER be a mess. Some nights we are there until 12:00 AM organizing the store, to make sure everything is perfect for the next morning.

Although, it can be difficult at times, dealing with keeping your section maintained, as well as helping out customers to ensure they leave with a smile on their face, my co-workers make a hard day at work, seem just fine. I remember when my old manager left, she got hired at H&M and they had literally told her "We are hiring you because if you can work retail in Forever 21... You can work retail anywhere!".
Pros
Seeing what comes in the store before we sell it
sucked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 July 2015
worst job ever. Managers treat you like horrible even though they get paid like $2 more. They hired way more people then they needed to and then out of nowhere decided to just not give like 60% of us any shifts. They kept us there till like 2am cleaning the store and all the managers sucked and got switched around like 5 times and they only gave us two shifts a week.
Pros
Cons
short hours and only 2 shifts a week.
Fun place to work at !
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2015
My typical day at work, would be mainly helping people out and making customers feel welcomed. I would put away clothes from change rooms to the racks, make sure all hangers are facing one way and all pieces of clothing are where they should be. Everyone is very nice, my co-workers and mangers are nice. The Job isn't that hard, its pretty easy you just need to learn how to deal with certain customers, but once you've been in retail for a while, you get the hang of it. I love helping people choose outfits and seeing them sastifyid with my help. Seeing a customer smile makes me happy that I'm there to assist them on their shopping experience, just as I hope to receive on my shopping experience at any other store.
Pros
Great environment to wok in.
Cons
None!
Positive environment to work
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2015
The workplace environment was overall very optimistic and very fast paced. Managers and co-workers communicated with each other over any issues customer or store related. The most difficult part of the job was handling go backs at the end of the night (8 racks). The most enjoyable part of the job was working with an amazing staff and keeping up with the latest trends.
Pros
Down town core

2.7