Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Great Coworkers!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 March 2014
A typical day consisted of a million go-backs and just constantly putting things away, unless it was a slow day there was nothing to do. The management was constantly changing and they were very strict. My coworkers were great, we were all the same age group and we all became really good friends and always went out and I still chill with my old coworkers. The hardest part of the job were long hours and the lack of employee discount, the best part were definitely my coworkers.
Pros
nice clothes, fun coworkers, good hours
Cons
long days, bad discount, terrible break room
Good experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON8 March 2016
- running go backs
- folding clothes
- sweeping and cleaning mirrors
- helping customers find specific items
- putting out inventory onto the floor
Fun environment, great people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North York, ON6 February 2016
It was a good environment with encouraging managers and fun coworkers. It was busy and we got a lot of hours during the holiday season but I did not agree with minimum wage.
Cons
messy work place
As a sales associate
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 August 2015
Working at Forever 21 as a sales associate made me realize how communication is a very important skill in everyday activities. When it comes to work, communication helps make things move forward because everyone is on the same page and therefore less delay because of confusion and etc. Forever 21 was the type of store that would be extremely busy during typical rush-hours, and that being said, sometimes each of my coworkers/managers would be too busy to help one another out. With that type of situation, each had to learn to be independent and self-efficient, which is an important skill I learned to develop and improve then.
Pros
Happy pleasant social life with coworkers and customers
productive and friendly workplace
Cashier, Sales Associate, Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 October 2015
productive, fun and friendly workplace with supportive team and management. most enjoyable part of the job was working with my colleagues and management, and learning from them. customers can sometimes get difficult but that is to be expected of any retail store environment.
Be a people person
Cashier/Sale associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 July 2015
This job you have to be able and willing to talk to who ever walks through the door. Have full knowledge of the entire store regardless of the size. They stretch you think by giving you the responsibility of the whole floor at times. I'm sorry minimum wage is not worth it.

They Management on the other hand was fantastic. They get to know you as a person and see your strengths and utilizes them. They are very understanding and run a tight ship to make sure things are done.
Pros
Employment achievement recognition, fabulous Management, first look at new stuff
Cons
horrible staff discount, limited hours, minimum wage
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate/ Visual worker (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 January 2016
Always something to busy whether it was maintaining clothes, pushing product or helping out in the fitting rooms. Hardest part would be when we were busy and trying to keep up with maintaining the store at the same or faster speed it was getting destroyed at.
Terrible Experience
Sales associate/cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, On11 June 2015
Management had been terrible from the very first day I started working for the company back in 2011. Over time it just got worse, always unprofessional & on major power trips and have no clue how to treat people. Majority of gossip came from the management team. The company itself isn't good to their employees either. They randomly started making major changes to the company and cut hours drastically, started getting rid of positions & deducting people's pay.

Never received any incentives, bonuses, or gratis! Company does absolutely nothing for employees.

Work/life/balance doesn't exist with this company either- overworked & underpaid.

Best part of working here was my co workers (Not managers) because we all got along & it made work enjoyable.

As for customers on average they're pretty understandable biggest issue I ever had with customers was the company store policy (NO REFUNDS) but honestly such a high volume store you learn how to deal with a lot.
Pros
Staff members
Cons
High turn over, 10% discount, unorganized
Very busy atmosphere, with things to keep you constantly entertained.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chinook mall, Calgary, Alberta.24 July 2015
Right from the moment i sign in, for my shift, there is a boat load of things for you to do. There is never a moment where you stand around and do nothing. The atmosphere is very busy but fun. The co-workers are so kind, and all around amazing. The hardest part of the job is when the store is closed. There are so many clothes piled up and ready for you to put away. You also have to clean your section, which can take hours, if you don't do it correctly. You also aren't allowed to leave the store unless every section is perfect, and ready for the next day. Overall it's a great learning experience, that will teach you to be patient and how to get things done at a fast pace.
Pros
Keeps you busy from the start of your shift to the end.
Cons
The hours are long.
Great
Sale Associate / Accessories Visual Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2016
Got a lot of experence
Learn a lot skills to take to my other jobs
Differently an eye opener
Great co-workers
Strong work ethics with remarkable customer handling skill
Engaging, Fulfilling, but terrible environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  toronto,ON24 April 2015
Job was extremely fulfilling and enjoyed customer service aspect of it. Over the course of six months, I maintained relationships with returning customers who enjoyed my help and advice.

Management and environment was lacking. Very poor employee respect by management. Management or veterans look down at you, very passive-aggressive environment, unsympathetic to employee needs and wants. Poor hours. employees are told that they are EXPENDABLE.

On most occasions I was asked to stay until midnight when my shift ended at ten. I was not informed of the extremity of the overtime hours. Not recommended for high school students or anyone with university course-load. Was unprepared for the maltreatment and unreasonable expectations.

The experience it gives you in the retail field is amazing.
Pros
great experience learning how to deal with customers and make sales
Cons
unpredictable and unreasonable overtime hours and terrible management
Productive and great learning environment
Cashier/ Team leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2016
I learned a lot working here, interacting with clients one on one great admin skills and it was a fun environment to work in. The hardest part of my job was doing dictations
needed a job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON20 August 2015
thought it would be fun and beneficial

staff was great but management lacked a whole lot of structure and organization, new management all the time, never knew who was staying

too many employees were hired, not enough hours, people would quit quite often

pay not reasonable for what employees are required to do, hours not consistent

since day one i knew i would not want to work there for long, thankfully i got another job
glad to have gain some work experience
Customer Service, Fitting Room, Sorting, Greeter (Former Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario11 January 2013
Greeted customers and assisted them with their needs. learned great customer service skills. Co-workers were great and had good relationships with some management. Hardest part of job was standing on my feet for hours. The most enjoyable part was working as a team and dealing with customers.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
standing for long hours
Poor management at top level
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC30 January 2014
No opportunity for advancement. No work life balance. Contracted got terminated for being a non flexible moher
Pros
Cons
poor management
Busy, fun with good music
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON15 October 2014
My typical day at work consisted of putting back clothing ("go-backs") from the fitting rooms back to the specific zone they came from, making sure customers had no trouble by asking customers if they need help with sizes, matching or finding what they are looking for.
Management and co=workers were awesome, full of energy and fun to work with, our managers were never rude or snappy, were very professional. The hardest part f this job for me was the first few closing shifts, because the store was so big and each worker had their own section to clean it often took quite a while to get the hang of it . most enjoyable part, well, being there around all the clothing, latest trends, helping customers. I really enjoy retail jobs!
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
not enough hours
Fast paced but fun environment
Sales Associate, Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2014
A typical day at work involved constant movement to organize designated rooms, collecting all clothing and returning them in the correct location. Meanwhile, greeting and providing customer service. I learned how to follow safety protocol, build rapports with customers, and the ability to work independently as well as within a team environment. Management was fickle but co-workers made the workplace enjoyable and exciting. The hardest part of working there was regularly being understaffed with a high volume of traffic, although the most enjoyable aspect was being able to build relationships with customers and providing the best service to make their visit equally enjoyable.
Pros
Great co-workers, decent hours
Cons
lack of lunch room, unorthodox breaks, being understaffed
Productive and friendly environment
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  toronto, on29 April 2014
I love my management, they are wonderful people who really do their best to train us, and help us to grow in the company as an employee. A typical day at work would be primarily focusing on customer service and in helping the customer find the products they need, and to ensure that they are having an enjoyable time at our store. Other than that, cleaning and maintaining our sections is also key, and making sure all the go backs are done in a timely manner. I learned through this experience is to work efficiently and multitasking is key. Also I have learned to memorize where things are because it is quite important when you need to help customers look for something, if you do not know where the product is it would not be very helpful to the customer at all.
A Good first job, but not a job to stay at for long
Sales/Fits Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 October 2013
Usually since the store was low on hours to give out I would start my day at 10am being the only one in the fitting room and sometimes the whole back of the store. My day would end at 6 and I would be very exhausted and angry because of the very low help that I receive from the store and management. I learned the acronym and it has helped me get a new jobs.
Management was good to me, however, if they did pick favourites and if you were not one of them expect your hours to be one shift a week which is usually a closing.
Co-workers were amazing, I created long-term friendships with most.
Hardest part is learning the floor set, especially if you do not work as often to memorize it and the most enjoyable part was meeting nice people.
Pros
Great Employees
Cons
No hours
Efficient workplace as a working student
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  North York, ON29 May 2014
A typical day at work for myself is mainly working as a cashier and also occasionally providing customer service on the sales floor. As a cashier, I process transactions for customers and provide any customer service. I've learned the economics and structure of retail. Management is sufficient with structure and managing employees. My co-workers vary from difficult to work with, to able to cooperate with myself and others to provide the companies' goals and aims. The hardest part of the job is providing proficient customer service with such a busy and vast environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with people my age who I can socialize with on the job whilst still performing the job efficiently.

2.8