Forever 21 Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and a very fast pace retail store to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 24, 2015
Working at forever 21 was great, because it was filled with amazing managers and employees. Great place to gain retail experience and also a great place to provide great customer service.
Productive, easy workplace
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: interested in fashion
Cons: hardly got any hours, managers were not very friendly
A typical day at Forever 21 was to maintain and clean my section of the store. Also to portray a great image of Forever 21 with excellent customer service. I learned the different fashion trends and the basics of working in retail. I got along very well with all my co-workers. The managers weren't as friendly and did not give many options with the work schedule. The hardest part of the job was making sure all clothes are put back into the correct spot. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was helping customers, vicing my opinion, and getting to know the people I worked with.
Bad management, fun environment
sales associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 25, 2014
Pros: chic and happy environment
Cons: unfair management
Shifts were extremely irregular, and only few ppl get most of the hours..and the rest of us, may be kept satisfied with 4 hr/week, I know someone who has been sacked but no explanation was given, while that friend of mine accepted the decision but really doesn't know what caused this abrupt decision, so I will say the management wasn't fair at all and, yes, shows favoritism.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 10, 2014
The management at Forever 21 was great. A typical work day, started off by checking out schedules and where you've been assigned to, knowing sales and promos and attending to customers.
Productive and fun place to work
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Victoria, BCNovember 5, 2014
Pros: good music
Cons: slower in the winter months
Overall Forever 21 is a good company to work for. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be having great coworkers and the good music. Hardest part would probably be overnight shifts every few weeks, although they were manageable.
productive place to gain experience
Team member, visuals and accessories (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 22, 2014
the company has rules but they dont really explain these rules to new intakes.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONOctober 16, 2014
Had fun meeting friendly people. Great environment however short hours.
Busy, fun with good music
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONOctober 15, 2014
Pros: discount on clothes
Cons: not enough hours
My typical day at work consisted of putting back clothing ("go-backs") from the fitting rooms back to the specific zone they came from, making sure customers had no trouble by asking customers if they need help with sizes, matching or finding what they are looking for.
Management and co=workers were awesome, full of energy and fun to work with, our managers were never rude or snappy, were very professional. The hardest part f this job for me was the first few closing shifts, because the store was so big and each worker had their own section to clean it often took quite a while to get the hang of it . most enjoyable part, well, being there around all the clothing, latest trends, helping customers. I really enjoy retail jobs!
Awesome fast-paced workplace
Co-manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 10, 2014
Pros: laid-back environment
Cons: no paid sick days
Days at Forever XXI can vary from simply keeping on top of cleanliness and customer service to more in-depth tasks such as growing and developing the staff, making decisions on what will impact sales and how to take the business into the future.

I've learned to plan my days more effectively instead of being in the moment and to manage my time more effectively through delegating tasks and time budgeting.

My management team have grown alongside me and our communication is very open and honest. We have learned to utilize each others strengths and push each other to learn and adapt to a variety of situations.

I thoroughly enjoy the recruitment process and am personally responsible for the orientation of all staff members. I always teach them that the management team would never ask them to do something that we have not done ourselves.

The most difficult part of the job, I feel, is the time budgeting. I am what you would call the go-to person for all questions, issues and needs such as customer issues, staff inquiries and tech problems. This can make time budgeting difficult as I have to be realistic about these small queries taking time out of completing a project.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my staff succeed alongside me. I push them in a positive manner to achieve all they can with the tools they are given. I work hard so they can see that if they work hard too, they can feel the satisfaction I feel when a project is complete or when they achieve their personal growth goals.
Fun experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), vaughan, onOctober 5, 2014
Management was not the best at the time. Good entry-level job.
Fast paced but fun environment
Sales Associate, Seasonal (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, decent hours
Cons: lack of lunch room, unorthodox breaks, being understaffed
A typical day at work involved constant movement to organize designated rooms, collecting all clothing and returning them in the correct location. Meanwhile, greeting and providing customer service. I learned how to follow safety protocol, build rapports with customers, and the ability to work independently as well as within a team environment. Management was fickle but co-workers made the workplace enjoyable and exciting. The hardest part of working there was regularly being understaffed with a high volume of traffic, although the most enjoyable aspect was being able to build relationships with customers and providing the best service to make their visit equally enjoyable.
Good startup job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 1, 2014
A typical day at work would be me in the fitting rooms, helping customers get into their rooms and waiting till they are done to hang and tidy the clothes on hangers. Then I would sort the clothes to bring them to their rightful place/section in the store in order to bring them back to the sales floor for them to have another chance with a different customer.
Other days would be me featured on the sales floor, asking customers if they need any assistance finding anything. Or being on cash and ringing them up.
fast-paced workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 18, 2014
organizing clothes
helping tidy up the store after closing
Fun work environment with lots of responsibilities
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 15, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: messy store
-Mostly cleaning and customer service.
-i have learned to be efficient and work faster to get things done.
-Your section had to be clean for you to go home or somedays you have to help everyone else with their section.
-Specially on weekends the store would be a mess. Cleaning the store was quite time consuming and exhausting.
-It is still one of favourite stores. The clothes are really great and affordable.
poor
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 12, 2014
not a good place to work fulltime, overworked not enough pay
Good job not a carrer
Area Maintenance Technician aka AMT (Current Employee), Manitoba to Nova ScotiaJuly 23, 2014
Pros: constant challenge, job security, travel
Cons: no room for advancement
Being a retail company, Forever21 is people driven. Meeting new people is constant, very high energy and very high pace.
The hardest part of the job is getting all the stores to follow the given guidelines in relation to my position and since I do not have a partner to help out all the issues fall under my care, which I don really mind.
One of the most satisfying parts of the job is the fact that my immediate supervisor is all in the way in L.A., wait that did not come out right. . . with my immediate supervisor all the way in L.A., that's better, I am trusted enough to be left to my own devices to carry out my duties virtually unsupervised. Another aspect of the job I enjoy is the traveling part of it, I have been to six of our provinces thanks to the work that needs to get done at our stores.
Thanks to Forever21 I have learned to better deal with people, to make decisions under pressure, to look for and implement solutions to problems that arise on a daily basis.
You work with friendly people but there is alot of issues with some.
customer service (Former Employee), dartmouthJuly 16, 2014
Working at forever 21, there was good co-workers and also alot that gave a negative vibe and tried to up-do you instead of helping you
Fast paste environment with a strong team
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa OntarioJuly 8, 2014
Pros: works around your availability
Cons: a lot of work + late hours
Forever 21 is retail store that concentrates on customer service. It's probably the busiest clothing store in Ottawa. Although it does make a lot of sales daily, it does require a lot of work throughout the day. I'm extremely grateful to work in an environment that allows people to be themselves and help customers smile. Each sales associate is responsible to keep up with maintaining their sections, while greeting and helping customers. I work with about 50+ employees, who are hard working people, with the same goal of making sure the store is presented well. The hardest part of the job is the schedule. You are not promised the hours and unfortunately you are scheduled a different shift every day. We are scheduled as early as 8am and as late as 11pm on weekdays, depending on the amount of cleaning and organizing there is to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with people you may consider your friends, and helping customers find the perfect outfit for them.
fun place to work when you enjoy it
Sales Associate (Former Employee), newmarket, ONJuly 4, 2014
Pros: fun and constantly on feet
Cons: not enough hours
my typical day as a sales associate at forever 21 consisted of organizing clothing racks, putting back clothes and helping and greeting costumers with anything they needed. i learned a lot more on costumer service and how to talk to costumers more efficiently, i loved all my co workers and we were all one big family when we worked together however there was little hours to give out.
not a good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 2, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: only 10 percent discount
the people are very dramatic
very fun environment