Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Part-Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 13, 2015
Workplace is very enjoyable with enthusiastic and easy to work with coworkers. Although closing could be a bit of a handful, the job gets done with the help of the hard work from myself and as well as other employees.
Terrible Experience
Sales associate/cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, OnJune 11, 2015
Management had been terrible from the very first day I started working for the company back in 2011. Over time it just got worse, always unprofessional & on major power trips and have no clue how to treat people. Majority of gossip came from the management team. The company itself isn't good to their employees either. They randomly started making major changes to the company and cut hours drastically, started getting rid of positions & deducting people's pay.

Never received any incentives, bonuses, or gratis! Company does absolutely nothing for employees.

Work/life/balance doesn't exist with this company either- overworked & underpaid.

Best part of working here was my co workers (Not managers) because we all got along & it made work enjoyable.

As for customers on average they're pretty understandable biggest issue I ever had with customers was the company store policy (NO REFUNDS) but honestly such a high volume store you learn how to deal with a lot.
Pros
Staff members
Cons
High turn over, 10% discount, unorganized
Fun place to work with.
nice
fast learner
busy
sometimes messy
need a lot of people on the floor
hanger is easy to break
Fun place to work at !
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 8, 2015
My typical day at work, would be mainly helping people out and making customers feel welcomed. I would put away clothes from change rooms to the racks, make sure all hangers are facing one way and all pieces of clothing are where they should be. Everyone is very nice, my co-workers and mangers are nice. The Job isn't that hard, its pretty easy you just need to learn how to deal with certain customers, but once you've been in retail for a while, you get the hang of it. I love helping people choose outfits and seeing them sastifyid with my help. Seeing a customer smile makes me happy that I'm there to assist them on their shopping experience, just as I hope to receive on my shopping experience at any other store.
Pros
Great environment to wok in.
Cons
None!
enjoyable
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJune 7, 2015
working at Forever 21 has given me such an amazing experience for so many roads. for example, I do not only help customers but i also assists my co workers when ever i see that they need the help or I sometime take the lead and manage to organize certain areas at the store in order for customers to be happy and feel the need to shop. my typical day at Forever I am a fitting room specialist, I assist customers in the fitting room by getting them sizes or outfit them. I am also a sorter, where I have to sort all the go backs thats given back from customers to the floor. it is challenging to know where everything in the store is but I manage to know everything and that helps me be so confident when helping a customer finding what they are looking for. the work environment is fun because I love people and meeting knew people everyday just makes work so exciting. My co workers are amazing they taught me how to adopt and learn that not everyone is the same and thats when we have to love and except everyone.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short lunch hour
Fun quick and easy
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 3, 2015
Your day at Forever 21 starts off by reviewing the daily target, ADS and UPT scores and yesterdays overall finish. Aside from helping customers accessorize or build an outfit for their evening, I have learned to work with cash and Interact transactions. I have also got to work in stock unboxing items for the new floor set and also will fill in spaces needed. The co-workers at Forever 21 make it very enjoyable to go back. After being there for almost two years, it's almost too sad to leave. I feel that the company's managerial skills are exceeding more than ever before as well as security. Nothing is hard unless you make it hard but it's about prioritizing. Your section will be messy at the end of the night if you don't keep an eye on it as well as your racks that you have to maintain within the fitting room. Aside from cleaning the sections that can sometimes take extra minutes, it's really fun working with customers who love the product they get and with all the co-workers who are more than happy to help.
Fun workplace with great management
Sales Associate/Cashier/Store Greeter (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 1, 2015
Lots of put backs and customer service. Have to be fashion-forward. Employees are all part of a team which makes the job easier and more fun.
Positive environment to work
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 29, 2015
The workplace environment was overall very optimistic and very fast paced. Managers and co-workers communicated with each other over any issues customer or store related. The most difficult part of the job was handling go backs at the end of the night (8 racks). The most enjoyable part of the job was working with an amazing staff and keeping up with the latest trends.
Pros
Down town core
Not so good working at f21
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dufferin, ONMay 13, 2015
Maybe it was because i joined the team when the store was opening, but i personally didnt enjoy my position at forever 21. It was very un organized, The manager made everyone come in to work even when there was too many of us.
Pros
Small shifts
Cons
No over time pay
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BcApril 28, 2015
I started off as a sal assoctiate, and I learned to work in high pressure enviroments. Management was understanding, and the coworkers were intimidating. The hardest part of the job was that I did not get much training so I lacked where some of the clothing went but I learned along the way.
Productive fun place with great co workers
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONApril 27, 2015
Typical day at work would be receive shipment, unpack, sensor, and hang all merchandise. I learned how to work at a fast past, help costumers, and get the job done in a certain amount of time.
Engaging, Fulfilling, but terrible environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  toronto,ONApril 24, 2015
Job was extremely fulfilling and enjoyed customer service aspect of it. Over the course of six months, I maintained relationships with returning customers who enjoyed my help and advice.

Management and environment was lacking. Very poor employee respect by management. Management or veterans look down at you, very passive-aggressive environment, unsympathetic to employee needs and wants. Poor hours. employees are told that they are EXPENDABLE.

On most occasions I was asked to stay until midnight when my shift ended at ten. I was not informed of the extremity of the overtime hours. Not recommended for high school students or anyone with university course-load. Was unprepared for the maltreatment and unreasonable expectations.

The experience it gives you in the retail field is amazing.
Pros
great experience learning how to deal with customers and make sales
Cons
unpredictable and unreasonable overtime hours and terrible management
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 23, 2015
Busy
Cash handling/ how to sell clothing
Great managment
Awesome co-workers!
Keeping up with all the cleaning
fulfilling customer needs!
Pros
gaining knowledge
Cons
hard on your feet
fun work place
Stock / On Call Sales (Former Employee) –  Metrotown Burnaby BCApril 23, 2015
Forever 21 has great wonderful staff whom i love to work with very much. I did stock and on call sales during my time there and There was always something to do
Pros
great staff
Cons
same shifts
Overworked and Underpaid
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaApril 21, 2015
Management is terrible. Never agree to take an overnight shift to open a new store. They don't inform you of what you actually will be doing, instead, they overwork you and demand you to carry extremely heavy boxes back and forth. You get paid very little here as well. Although your coworkers are nice, it is difficult in communicating with your managers. They tend to ask you to stay a couple hours behind, or try to get you to stay at work for as long as you can.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Overworked, underpaid, only 10% discount
Terrible , unfair , unorganized workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto , ONApril 19, 2015
Working at forever 21 is very hard, having to worry if you will get your break that day and if the managers will let you go when your shift is over. What I learned at forever 21 is that if you don't state how you feel you will get treated unfairly. For example i finish work at 11 but they store will still needs to be cleaned, the managers know i am still in high school but make me stay back 2 extra hours to clean and wont tell me to clock back in and will watch us clean instead of helping. The hardest part of being a sales associate at forever 21 is helping customers at the same time putting away clothing and keeping this huge store clean because they don't want to call in workers so they don't have to pay them. There hasn't been one day i enjoyed working at forever 21.
Pros
Cutting down long hour shifts.
Cons
Cutting down our breaks.
Productive and fast pace job
Manager of Service & Training (Current Employee) –  BurnabyApril 14, 2015
Great place to learn all the ins and outs of retail in a fast pace learning environment with skills that will help you with different types of situations.
Fun and coordinated workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  YorkdaleApril 11, 2015
Helped alot of wonderful customers and learned alot about ways to increase in sales as well as loss prevention, coworkers and management are very fun to work with. Hardest part of the job is maintain cleanliness of the store with a small team of people since the store is a big
Exciting and productive workplace
Sales Associate, stock (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 10, 2015
A typical day is to get the 5 mins meeting with a manager and they tell you which are you would be working that day.

The hardest part is go backs.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Not enough hours
Cleaning up store
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, CanadaApril 7, 2015
After the store closes, we have to clean our sections. The sections that we are assigned to are the ones we have to focus on cleaning. The main manager makes us stay 30 more mins when our shift ends if she isn't happy with the look of the store.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
They make you work over time

2.7