Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Forever 21 Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2016
They were all amazing people. I learned how to manage time well and how to practice patience with customers and my co-workers.
Good workplace, nice environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 June 2016
Co-workers and managers are very friendly. By the end of the night everyone is always on task and it is also enjoyable because everyone works as a team to make sure the store is at its best.
Great Coworkers!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 March 2014
A typical day consisted of a million go-backs and just constantly putting things away, unless it was a slow day there was nothing to do. The management was constantly changing and they were very strict. My coworkers were great, we were all the same age group and we all became really good friends and always went out and I still chill with my old coworkers. The hardest part of the job were long hours and the lack of employee discount, the best part were definitely my coworkers.
Pros
nice clothes, fun coworkers, good hours
Cons
long days, bad discount, terrible break room
Great experience for starters
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 May 2016
Great way to start off working in retail. Really helped me to get out of my shell and helped me to learn about sales and different fashion trends.
Work life
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 September 2015
I loved working at forever 21 I got along with everyone we were all a big family from time to time I see myself missing being in that environment. My typical day would be running clothes back on to the floor fixing displays speaking to district managers about the layout for the store and upcoming campaigns. Management was kind of shaky in the beginning because our head manager was never trained to be a head manager but she was a wonderful person nonetheless over time she became impeccable with her position. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a hundred different task and executing them all perfectly it put real pressure on me but I learned to preserve through that. The most enjoyable part was being able to work in an environment where I got along with everyone and loved coming into work everyday because I knew someone would put a smile on my face
Friendly workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC24 September 2015
You need to ready to work hard, you are constantly moving around from one corner to the other. Management isn't very organizes but still functional. Staying late to finish tasks that had to be done.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Long hours, Long travelling
Normal Day at Forever 21
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 October 2015
Management is the worst, do not understand requests or availabilities. Normal day at work is slow in the morning but gets busy by noon and especially around closing time. The best part of the job is know that customers are satisfied with the service and walked around with a happy purchase. I learned a lot working at Forever 21, I learned how to open and close the store; stock up what was needed around the cashier area, provide excellent service through phone (looking for item), learned to fold clothes properly (the way f21) wants it to be, learned to deal with change room and learned how to detect "theft" but to use recovery sentences.
fast paced environment with many multi-tasking jobs
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 November 2015
Greeting customers with a smile on your face is a must, thinking positively daily helped me enjoy my job. i learned that they are many different people in this world with different personalities and working here made me adapt to all of them. forever 21 was actually a wonderful job, management was usually very understanding, co-workers are actually amazing people and the music we played around the shop helped keep us going.
Pros
Mall discount
Cons
Misunderstanding customers
Perfect place for student interested in making a little pocket money on the side.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2015
FOREVER21 is not the place for anyone who has rent, car payments to make. This place is always overstaffed and no hours available unless you're a regular cashier.

Shifts are always on call.
You'll never move up in the company because they always hire within their own clicks of people.
Pros
Nothing. No benefits, 10% off. Not even enough for tips
Cons
Horrible management, over worked, underpayed, over staffed, on call shifts
Big store with young energetic staff.
Cashier/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 August 2015
Very big store with many tasks that need to be completed during the day to function at an efficient and productive level. As a stock associate the typical day would be receiving product, getting the product prepped and ready for the floor, and working hand in hand with the merchandising team to get said product to the floor. As a cashier, it can be pretty monotonous ringing through transactions as there aren't many slow periods especially during holidays or special sales. The staff is quite young and it is easy to make quick connections. The management team was very flexible and understanding when it came to scheduling. The most enjoyable part of the job was working closely with my co-workers.
Forever xxi
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON17 January 2016
Work was sort of an enjoyable place because of its spacious working environment and there were many young ambitious ladies who made work a little less boring. Head and hiring staff were picky and sometimes overwhelming to deal with, asking employees to do tasks on their own or in partners that were very laboring. Managed to accomplish a lot of tasks around the store when finished in my area/zone. Learned that the retail business is very tough, the hours are long, treacherous and exhausting but hard work always pays off. Hardest part was was waking up for morning shifts but they were worth it and lastly, the most enjoyable part was getting to enjoy the products that we provided in the store.
Pros
Girls made work enjoyable
Cons
Slightly low pay, judgmental hiring staff, tired aching feet from always standing and walking around the store, times of break and lunch are too short
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2016
Good energy everybody works with each other. Everybody is friendly and the best part of it is helping customers find the attire they would prefer purchasing
Unrealistic expectations, very noticeable favoritism
Sales Associate (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 August 2015
They expect you to make sales and assist customers, clean and maintain at least 2 sections on your own, and keep track of your "go-backs" (items from Cash or the Change Room that need to be put back in your section). Usually only 2 of the 3 things mentioned above are possible to get done efficiently. We always left work around midnight when the closing shifts would start at 5pm. They were always short-staffed for the closing shifts on weekends and weekdays, expecting at the most 5, employees to clean, sort and close the entire store 'on time' (when we should be closing, which is around 10pm). Horrible management; showed obvious favoritism and gave a lot of shifts to their favorite employees.
Pros
nothing
Cons
N/A
Hard work in a busy environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 April 2016
Great job great experience. Excellent first job great teams. Would highly recommend positive people always really nice. But on the whole amazing
Pros
the friendly people
Cons
working overtime
productive work place with fun employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON2 May 2016
it was really nice working there.
i really learned a lot from my co workers and employers.
i also enjoy shopping there
Overall, forever 21 is a nice place to work in
Terrible experience
Co Manager of service and operations (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale shopping centre13 March 2015
this role requires someone who is willing to go against all good will. Someone who has no problem treating those of less paying roles poorly. The sales associates are called "kids". I witnessed seasoned managers talk down to sales associates. This company treats everyone as an expendable person(s). This role is not Salary. So it's very very hard to control your own patrols when there are very important projects that need to be completed. The company rushes EVERYTHING. My experience was opening a new store before Xmas during construction. 500+ sales associates running around setting up the store with no safety gear while the store was under construction. Most employees had a problem with their pay. Most were not paid in excess of 38+ days. Do not work for this company. I left this company do to the lack of poor leadership and direction. This company lacks important structure. Their core values don't include treating their employees with much respect. This company has no integrity. You will also not be compensated enough to run a 40000 sq foot store that's 3 levels. Do not get caught up especially at Yorkdale shopping centre. There is a serious lack of leadership at that store.
Pros
Cons
10% discount very rude managers no work life balance
Fast Paced, exciting and busy
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 April 2016
Very team communication focused, high traffic location, lots of cleaning and organization, fun and exciting, and lovely co-workers who are kind.
Overall a very positive and energetic work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 July 2015
My day would usually start of with being assigned to either Fitting Room or a specific area of the store.
We will be notified of sales and promotions that we need to know of to make sure we let customers know.
I would get familiar with the work area, if I am on the floor then I will walk around familiarize myself with the items located in my area.
Once my shift start we keep the work area clean, retrieve clothing from fitting room that is specific to my area and out them back to their designated area.
If I am doing a closing shift, then we would make sure all clothing are clear from the fitting rooms and organize and clean all displays.
great place to work
Sales Associate & Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2016
I learned more about myself and that I enjoy working with customers and being in a fast pace environment.
I learned to work in a big team which enhanced my communication skills and made me become a better team player.
Pros
Great clothing
Cons
not enough hours
Poor management at top level
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC30 January 2014
No opportunity for advancement. No work life balance. Contracted got terminated for being a non flexible moher
Pros
Cons
poor management

2.7