Forever 21

Forever 21 Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
love
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Boise IdahoJanuary 21, 2015
I loved working for forever21.
I learned so much. I left because I was offered a better/ more challenging position at the time.
Great job for teens
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Buford, GAJanuary 20, 2015
Cons: short breaks, small emp. discount, little pay
A typical day at work starts by a 5 minute/touch base with the MOD. They let us know the goal for the day (cumulative amount of money to be made by closing), whether or not the goal was made from the previous day, safety for the month, focus of the day, and current sales, discounts, etc. From there we get zoned out, each employee is responsible for a zone in the store; keeping it clean/shop-able, Loss provention, and providing customer service.

My management team is..quite a problem.
They don't quite get along with one another which reflects on the job. Their lack of communication and respect for one another shows as well.

My co workers, is the exact opposite, I love my co workers. We all get along, we even hang out outside of work.

The hardest part of the job is closing on busy nights because the store has to be 100% clean and organized before going home, which can be anytime between 1.5hours-6+hours after closing* (on holidays) and dealing with upset customers.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the overall fashion aspect. You get to see the clothes before they're on the salesfloor, if you work with visuals, you get to see the effort they put into where the merchandise goes and how it's placed..if fashion is your passion it's a great place to be.

But I'm 21 years old.With piling bills. Bills that are barely getting paid with my bi-weekly checks. My co workers are 18 - 20 years old, with little bills and responsibilities.
work place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Huntington, NYJanuary 20, 2015
The people are ok the managers are very rude and are careless
not a recommended job
Provide Customer Service (Current Employee), glendale, arizonaJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: you get disrespected
only good thing about this job is the employees. they are the only thing that makes that place fun. The management of this job disrespects you and doesn't work with your schedule.
Fun environment to work in, very fast paced,
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Flushing, NYJanuary 19, 2015
I love working for this company, it was fun and upbeat, only down fall would be the management they lack communication with their staff.
interesting experience with different people
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: 10% discount
A typical day at work would be clocking in 5 minutes before my shift , we have touchbase which is when one of the assistant store managers meet with us and talk to us about how much the store is earning and also what the goal for the day would be . For example , " today's goal is $1,000" . Then they would assign us to our section and we start customer service and if your on the cashier schedule , you would go to the register. If you have a 6 hour shift , you go on break for 30 mins. If you have an 8 hour shift you would go on break for 45 mins. The customers are great , if they need help they would come to you and let you know what it is that they are looking for. Since it is a big store , sometimes is can get a bit messy so this is were you would have to speed yourself up a bit and make sure at least the front of your section is not messy so that customers would want to check it out . I learned how to talk to different people , there are so many people that come from different countries and places and that speak different languages. It is interesting and fun as well because you get to pick up some words from these languages which is cool. The hardest part of the job is to have patience because sometimes you could be the only person in your section with no one to help and you have to try to manage things on your own. The management is great. My co- workers are great , they help me and make sure that i am doing okay. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to people that come from different countries and communicating with them.
Depending on the day or if it was a holiday , then that would determine the work pace and what kind of flow.
Head Cashier - Computer (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJJanuary 18, 2015
I was a head cashier so I had responsibilities to do such as re stocking shopping bags , counting drawers, making sure the cashiers knew what their duties were for the day, hourly reads for the day, in charge of other employees when manager not in presence and more . Management was good , each manager had its pros and cons to how they resolved issues or went about situations. MY co workers were overall not a good crew . They were lazy and didnt feel the need to work. The hardest part of my job was dealing with unhappy customers.
SALES ASSOCIATE AT FOREVER 21
Sales Associate (Current Employee), OLYMPIA, WASHINGTONJanuary 17, 2015
OVERALL ITS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A PARTIME JOB.

A TYPICAL DAY AT FOREVER IS STARTING ON GO BACK RACKS. THEN FIX UP STORE AND ASSIST CUSTOMERS.
Productive and fashion place
Stocker/Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 17, 2015
We start off our day with touch base. The supervisors let us know about any sales that are going on in the store. They also tell us about the amount of money we've made so far that day and how much we need to end our day by providing excellent customer service. We are sent to a section to maintain and help customers i need.

When working in the stock room, our job is to process the products that are brought in from the warehouse. We also bring out products to the floor from the stock room if needed. However, if we are needed on the sales floor, they take some of us for support.
Productive and fun working environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Downey, CAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: intrduced to the fashion industry
Cons: hours and pay
Having worked in the Retail Industry really helped me develop my great Customer Service skills. Working at Forever 21 was a good experience because it taught me how to deal with different types of personalities and work well under pressure. I also learned so much about the fashion industry.
Good retail experience.
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Not a bad place to work at. Good location, company, and even better co-workers.
Productive and social workplace
Sales-Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 16, 2015
I greeted customers upon entry into Forever 21, assisting customers with all questions and concerns regarding clothing and fashion merchandise. I also managed the fitting room and collaborated with supervisors to organize and process clothing back into themed sections of the store. I worked in a team setting to effectively get things done and put away in a timely manner.
Part Time, Irregular, Hectic work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE, SALES ASSOSIATE, CASHIER (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: productive
Cons: hectic and irregular schedule
Woked as sales associate and cashier. Always cleaning or organizing. Hardest part were the holidays.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lone Tree, COJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: short breaks, short hours
At first I worked about 5 days a week every week but then the hours I worked a week went down. My co-workers were great and always ready to help and work together. The management did not like to help very much so would have to turn to co-workers for help.
Productive work environment
Purchase Order Clerk (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great benefits; $3 lunches
Cons: no advancement
Every day in the office is pretty much the same, I create purchase orders for new merchandise that are shipped in from vendors frm around the world that are going to be sold in stores based off the season.

amazing co-workers, celebrate birthdays in office
UP TO DATE FASHION
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee), Mays Landing, NJJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: fun people to work for and up to date music through out store
Cons: i cant say anythg bad about the company
FOREVER 21 HAS MANY DEPARTMENTS RANGING FROM CHILDREN TO ADULT FASHION CONTAINING CLOTHES TO MAKE UP AND JEWELRY. FOREVER 21 IS A VERY FUN PLACE TO WORK THERE I WOULD RECOMMEND WORKING AT THIS STORE.
Productive workplace with friendly co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJanuary 13, 2015
The workplace was overall very fun to work at. I looked forward to coming into work when scheduled. Managers and other staff members were always helpful and made work as fun as possible.
Very diverse place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), New York,NYJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: no uniform
Cons: no benefits
Being at forever 21 ... The biggest thing to expect are many costumers ! My location was one of the biggest stores , which is times square ! Many costumers will come in with lots of questions.. and let's just say i was totally a stylist on a day to day basis. I learned how to convert my sense of style according to what looks people go for. My co- workers were great, the managers were very egotistical.. The hardest part of the day was to hear complaints from my managers about the store.. Over all i enjoyed playing dress up with the costumers. Making their day, made my day great !
fun work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: flexible for school schedule
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work would start off as my co workers clocking in, then going downstairs near the manager's office with the managers being there to discuss sale goals, promotions/sales going on the store and reviewing/discussing store policies. After that, the manager would tell each co worker where they would be placed (either upstairs, fitting rooms, in accessories/shoes, in the front greeting customers, etc.).

The hardest part of my job was doing go backs and they had to be done by a certain amount of time which was slightly difficult, because my co-workers or managers would send more and more. The managers would occasionally get upset or disappointed if they weren't done by the time they wanted.
If you are superficial, you just might make it here.
Visual Merchandiser/Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: seeing new shipment before everyone else.
Cons: where shall i begin?
I worked with Forever 21 a total of three times in the past three years. The third time I decided to commit but did not last longer than a year and a half. This is because the workload was completely insane to handle. I am only one person and I can only do so much. I did not feel appreciated for doing the best I could do and for the time I invested into the company. I was well trained in everything from stock to cashier to accessories to visual merchandising. I had done it all and yet the first cheap Discovery dressing, hot pink lipstick wearing, drowning in leopard print chick to walk through the door was automatically given a leg up. Sorry, definitely refused to put up with these all too common Forever 21 shenanigans. If you decide to walk in and apply here, think again. Just set your fashion savvy sights higher and sashay on out of there girl!