Forever 21 Employee Reviews in Canada

Perfect place for student interested in making a little pocket money on the side.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2015
FOREVER21 is not the place for anyone who has rent, car payments to make. This place is always overstaffed and no hours available unless you're a regular cashier.

Shifts are always on call.
You'll never move up in the company because they always hire within their own clicks of people.
Pros
nothing. no benefits, 10% off. not even enough for tips
Cons
horrible management, over worked, underpayed, over staffed, on call shifts
Terrible experience
Co Manager of service and operations (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale shopping centreMarch 13, 2015
this role requires someone who is willing to go against all good will. Someone who has no problem treating those of less paying roles poorly. The sales associates are called "kids". I witnessed seasoned managers talk down to sales associates. This company treats everyone as an expendable person(s). This role is not Salary. So it's very very hard to control your own patrols when there are very important projects that need to be completed. The company rushes EVERYTHING. My experience was opening a new store before Xmas during construction. 500+ sales associates running around setting up the store with no safety gear while the store was under construction. Most employees had a problem with their pay. Most were not paid in excess of 38+ days. Do not work for this company. I left this company do to the lack of poor leadership and direction. This company lacks important structure. Their core values don't include treating their employees with much respect. This company has no integrity. You will also not be compensated enough to run a 40000 sq foot store that's 3 levels. Do not get caught up especially at Yorkdale shopping centre. There is a serious lack of leadership at that store.
Cons
10% discount very rude managers no work life balance
Very busy atmosphere, with things to keep you constantly entertained.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chinook mall, Calgary, Alberta.July 24, 2015
Right from the moment i sign in, for my shift, there is a boat load of things for you to do. There is never a moment where you stand around and do nothing. The atmosphere is very busy but fun. The co-workers are so kind, and all around amazing. The hardest part of the job is when the store is closed. There are so many clothes piled up and ready for you to put away. You also have to clean your section, which can take hours, if you don't do it correctly. You also aren't allowed to leave the store unless every section is perfect, and ready for the next day. Overall it's a great learning experience, that will teach you to be patient and how to get things done at a fast pace.
Pros
Keeps you busy from the start of your shift to the end.
Cons
The hours are long.
Engaging, Fulfilling, but terrible environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  toronto,ONApril 24, 2015
Job was extremely fulfilling and enjoyed customer service aspect of it. Over the course of six months, I maintained relationships with returning customers who enjoyed my help and advice.

Management and environment was lacking. Very poor employee respect by management. Management or veterans look down at you, very passive-aggressive environment, unsympathetic to employee needs and wants. Poor hours. employees are told that they are EXPENDABLE.

On most occasions I was asked to stay until midnight when my shift ended at ten. I was not informed of the extremity of the overtime hours. Not recommended for high school students or anyone with university course-load. Was unprepared for the maltreatment and unreasonable expectations.

The experience it gives you in the retail field is amazing.
Pros
great experience learning how to deal with customers and make sales
Cons
unpredictable and unreasonable overtime hours and terrible management
productive and fun workplace and good assicoates and managers to communicate with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2015
good environment, good people to communicate with, lovely customers, I always learn something new everyday, either with customers how to deal with them or about our store. Working here was good for me because I have school and they helped balance it out with my hours
Pros
rewards
Cons
not enough hours
It was nice in the beginning
Pointe Claire, Montréal QC (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 22, 2015
I had fun in the start, it was all fun and games working in a big store with friends. Until you realize the management isn't all that great.
You always felt like you were not doing well enough. You were never working " fast " enough.
Pros
The clothes
Cons
Bad management
Fun workplace and great customer service experience
Sale associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 12, 2013
While working at Forever21, I have gained good customer service experience and improved on my communication skills. Throughout my shift, I had to help customers, ensure friendly conversation and offered merchandise information and sharing current sales or specials, also work as a team with other employees and management to ensure a productive day making sales. It is important to keep up good positive energy throughout your long shift, which may be the hardest part of the job especially if tired or having a bad day. I love working here with the company and working as a team with all other employees and management. I also love helping people and ensuring they receive good service and receive what they wish. I am a very patient and caring person thus, a job in a customer oriented role is something I enjoy.
Pros
10% off at forever21 stores
Positive environment to work
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 29, 2015
The workplace environment was overall very optimistic and very fast paced. Managers and co-workers communicated with each other over any issues customer or store related. The most difficult part of the job was handling go backs at the end of the night (8 racks). The most enjoyable part of the job was working with an amazing staff and keeping up with the latest trends.
Pros
Down town core
Overworked and Underpaid
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaApril 21, 2015
Management is terrible. Never agree to take an overnight shift to open a new store. They don't inform you of what you actually will be doing, instead, they overwork you and demand you to carry extremely heavy boxes back and forth. You get paid very little here as well. Although your coworkers are nice, it is difficult in communicating with your managers. They tend to ask you to stay a couple hours behind, or try to get you to stay at work for as long as you can.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Overworked, underpaid, only 10% discount
Forever 21
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 22, 2015
Though I worked for Forever 21 for a short time, I enjoyed the experience working as a sales associate. Management could have been a little more enthusiastic about being at work. I found their attitude affected my overall performance at work. The other sales associates were easy to work with and had helped me quite a bit.
A fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 25, 2015
A typical day at forever 21 would be you would sign into the computer and then the manger would give you a section to look after and for the rest of the time you would be looking after your section picking up clothing and putting things away and helping costumers. I learned about a lot more about costumer service how to improve. The Mangement is very good they care about there employees. All of my co workers are very nice fun to be around. The hardest part of the job would be standing for long periods of time but i have learned to work around it. The most enjoyable part of my job would be seeing the costumers walking out of the store with a smile on there face cause they have found what they wanted .
It was challenging and fun.
SALES (Former Employee) –  Ottawa , OnJune 24, 2015
I liked working in forever 21 , because I learnt to work with other people , I learned to understand peoples individuality and problems . Although , sometimes it could get challenging having to balance out time .
Pros
Discounts and learnimg more about fashion
Fun place to work at !
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 8, 2015
My typical day at work, would be mainly helping people out and making customers feel welcomed. I would put away clothes from change rooms to the racks, make sure all hangers are facing one way and all pieces of clothing are where they should be. Everyone is very nice, my co-workers and mangers are nice. The Job isn't that hard, its pretty easy you just need to learn how to deal with certain customers, but once you've been in retail for a while, you get the hang of it. I love helping people choose outfits and seeing them sastifyid with my help. Seeing a customer smile makes me happy that I'm there to assist them on their shopping experience, just as I hope to receive on my shopping experience at any other store.
Pros
Great environment to wok in.
Cons
None!
Great Coworkers!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 7, 2014
A typical day consisted of a million go-backs and just constantly putting things away, unless it was a slow day there was nothing to do. The management was constantly changing and they were very strict. My coworkers were great, we were all the same age group and we all became really good friends and always went out and I still chill with my old coworkers. The hardest part of the job were long hours and the lack of employee discount, the best part were definitely my coworkers.
Pros
nice clothes, fun coworkers, good hours
Cons
long days, bad discount, terrible break room
Fun quick and easy
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 3, 2015
Your day at Forever 21 starts off by reviewing the daily target, ADS and UPT scores and yesterdays overall finish. Aside from helping customers accessorize or build an outfit for their evening, I have learned to work with cash and Interact transactions. I have also got to work in stock unboxing items for the new floor set and also will fill in spaces needed. The co-workers at Forever 21 make it very enjoyable to go back. After being there for almost two years, it's almost too sad to leave. I feel that the company's managerial skills are exceeding more than ever before as well as security. Nothing is hard unless you make it hard but it's about prioritizing. Your section will be messy at the end of the night if you don't keep an eye on it as well as your racks that you have to maintain within the fitting room. Aside from cleaning the sections that can sometimes take extra minutes, it's really fun working with customers who love the product they get and with all the co-workers who are more than happy to help.
enjoyable
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJune 7, 2015
working at Forever 21 has given me such an amazing experience for so many roads. for example, I do not only help customers but i also assists my co workers when ever i see that they need the help or I sometime take the lead and manage to organize certain areas at the store in order for customers to be happy and feel the need to shop. my typical day at Forever I am a fitting room specialist, I assist customers in the fitting room by getting them sizes or outfit them. I am also a sorter, where I have to sort all the go backs thats given back from customers to the floor. it is challenging to know where everything in the store is but I manage to know everything and that helps me be so confident when helping a customer finding what they are looking for. the work environment is fun because I love people and meeting knew people everyday just makes work so exciting. My co workers are amazing they taught me how to adopt and learn that not everyone is the same and thats when we have to love and except everyone.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short lunch hour
Fast paced environment
Forever 21 (Former Employee) –  River Road, DeltaSeptember 29, 2015
Fast paced atmosphere involving packaging, labeling, building pallets, and counting inventory. Learned about the company and building a team playing environment with my fellow co workers.
Productive fun workplace with great people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONJuly 16, 2015
I loved working at Forever 21, it was a great first retail job and I absolutely loved the people I worked with. Its always been a fast pace job, where you need to juggle two or three tasks at hand but if you're comfortable with that you will do great here. I wish I could have stayed but the hours they give you vary very much and it doesn't pay enough for the amount of hours they give you.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Less hours
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BcApril 28, 2015
I started off as a sal assoctiate, and I learned to work in high pressure enviroments. Management was understanding, and the coworkers were intimidating. The hardest part of the job was that I did not get much training so I lacked where some of the clothing went but I learned along the way.
Sales Associate
Co-op Education (Former Employee) –  BramptonJune 22, 2015
Decent place, they would always pick favourites. Did what I was asked to do, it was more for myself and school then them. Management was very unorganized.