Forever 21 Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Not so good working at f21
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dufferin, ONMay 13, 2015
Pros: Small shifts
Cons: No over time pay
Maybe it was because i joined the team when the store was opening, but i personally didnt enjoy my position at forever 21. It was very un organized, The manager made everyone come in to work even when there was too many of us.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burnaby, BcApril 28, 2015
I started off as a sal assoctiate, and I learned to work in high pressure enviroments. Management was understanding, and the coworkers were intimidating. The hardest part of the job was that I did not get much training so I lacked where some of the clothing went but I learned along the way.
Productive fun place with great co workers
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 27, 2015
Typical day at work would be receive shipment, unpack, sensor, and hang all merchandise. I learned how to work at a fast past, help costumers, and get the job done in a certain amount of time.
Engaging, Fulfilling, but terrible environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), toronto,ONApril 24, 2015
Pros: great experience learning how to deal with customers and make sales
Cons: unpredictable and unreasonable overtime hours and terrible management
Job was extremely fulfilling and enjoyed customer service aspect of it. Over the course of six months, I maintained relationships with returning customers who enjoyed my help and advice.

Management and environment was lacking. Very poor employee respect by management. Management or veterans look down at you, very passive-aggressive environment, unsympathetic to employee needs and wants. Poor hours. employees are told that they are EXPENDABLE.

On most occasions I was asked to stay until midnight when my shift ended at ten. I was not informed of the extremity of the overtime hours. Not recommended for high school students or anyone with university course-load. Was unprepared for the maltreatment and unreasonable expectations.

The experience it gives you in the retail field is amazing.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 23, 2015
Pros: gaining knowledge
Cons: hard on your feet
Busy
Cash handling/ how to sell clothing
Great managment
Awesome co-workers!
Keeping up with all the cleaning
fulfilling customer needs!
fun work place
Stock / On Call Sales (Former Employee), Metrotown Burnaby BCApril 23, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: same shifts
Forever 21 has great wonderful staff whom i love to work with very much. I did stock and on call sales during my time there and There was always something to do
Overworked and Underpaid
sales associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaApril 21, 2015
Pros: Nice coworkers
Cons: Overworked, underpaid, only 10% discount
Management is terrible. Never agree to take an overnight shift to open a new store. They don't inform you of what you actually will be doing, instead, they overwork you and demand you to carry extremely heavy boxes back and forth. You get paid very little here as well. Although your coworkers are nice, it is difficult in communicating with your managers. They tend to ask you to stay a couple hours behind, or try to get you to stay at work for as long as you can.
Terrible , unfair , unorganized workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto , ONApril 19, 2015
Pros: Cutting down long hour shifts.
Cons: Cutting down our breaks.
Working at forever 21 is very hard, having to worry if you will get your break that day and if the managers will let you go when your shift is over. What I learned at forever 21 is that if you don't state how you feel you will get treated unfairly. For example i finish work at 11 but they store will still needs to be cleaned, the managers know i am still in high school but make me stay back 2 extra hours to clean and wont tell me to clock back in and will watch us clean instead of helping. The hardest part of being a sales associate at forever 21 is helping customers at the same time putting away clothing and keeping this huge store clean because they don't want to call in workers so they don't have to pay them. There hasn't been one day i enjoyed working at forever 21.
Productive and fast pace job
Manager of Service & Training (Current Employee), BurnabyApril 14, 2015
Great place to learn all the ins and outs of retail in a fast pace learning environment with skills that will help you with different types of situations.
Fun and coordinated workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), YorkdaleApril 11, 2015
Helped alot of wonderful customers and learned alot about ways to increase in sales as well as loss prevention, coworkers and management are very fun to work with. Hardest part of the job is maintain cleanliness of the store with a small team of people since the store is a big
Exciting and productive workplace
Sales Associate, stock (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 10, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: Not enough hours
A typical day is to get the 5 mins meeting with a manager and they tell you which are you would be working that day.

The hardest part is go backs.
Cleaning up store
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, CanadaApril 7, 2015
Pros: Friendly co-workers
Cons: They make you work over time
After the store closes, we have to clean our sections. The sections that we are assigned to are the ones we have to focus on cleaning. The main manager makes us stay 30 more mins when our shift ends if she isn't happy with the look of the store.
Fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), torontoMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Management is amazing
Cons: Not enough hours
I do love working at Forever 21 but I do not like the fact that they never have hours to give and I end up working once a week for 5 hours. My favourite part at working there is helping customers find outfits. I do love fashion myself, and helping others who need help in some fashion needs is fun for me.
worse place to work at fairview mall
sales associate (Current Employee), Fairview MallMarch 29, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
If you like to be disrespected and treated unfairly this job is for you the store manager is the worst they lack leadership skills and communication the store is a absolute mess!
Fun work place, nice environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Laval, QCMarch 15, 2015
Pros: always busy when working, never bored
Cons: cleaning up when store closes takes very long
Learned how to be a good sales associate, how to help people in need. Got better and better through out my working experiences. But did not get the hours I wanted, only got one-three shifts a week when I wanted full time.
Terrible experience
Co Manager of service and operations (Former Employee), Yorkdale shopping centreMarch 13, 2015
Cons: 10% discount very rude managers no work life balance
this role requires someone who is willing to go against all good will. Someone who has no problem treating those of less paying roles poorly. The sales associates are called "kids". I witnessed seasoned managers talk down to sales associates. This company treats everyone as an expendable person(s). This role is not Salary. So it's very very hard to control your own patrols when there are very important projects that need to be completed. The company rushes EVERYTHING. My experience was opening a new store before Xmas during construction. 500+ sales associates running around setting up the store with no safety gear while the store was under construction. Most employees had a problem with their pay. Most were not paid in excess of 38+ days. Do not work for this company. I left this company do to the lack of poor leadership and direction. This company lacks important structure. Their core values don't include treating their employees with much respect. This company has no integrity. You will also not be compensated enough to run a 40000 sq foot store that's 3 levels. Do not get caught up especially at Yorkdale shopping centre. There is a serious lack of leadership at that store.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ON (Eaton Center)March 12, 2015
-I learned to work in a fast place environment
-The managers were very kind and understanding
-the hardest part of the job was standing on my feet for long hours, but i got used to it
-what i enjoyed most about my job was keeping myself occupied
Good Customer Service at Forever 21
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 13, 2015
A typical day work would be organizing clothes and providing good customer service. As a sales associate, we assist customers to find the best products they need. I learned to be organized, a fast learner, patient towards customers. Management gave helpful tips and they are very understanding with shifts. The hardest part of my job is closing the store. The most enjoyable part of my job is fulfilling all of the customers needs as they leave the store happy.
Enjoyable and rewarding workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: little to no hours
Forever 21 is an overall enjoyable workplace. The responsibilities are equally challenging and fun. The management tries their best at all times, but like any human sometimes falls short when it comes to problem solving. I very much enjoy working with my co-workers and management as they are all friendly and supportive. Overall Forever21 is a wonderful place to work and I am happy for the opportunity to work for this company.
Perfect place for student interested in making a little pocket money on the side.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: nothing. no benefits, 10% off. not even enough for tips
Cons: horrible management, over worked, underpayed, over staffed, on call shifts
FOREVER21 is not the place for anyone who has rent, car payments to make. This place is always overstaffed and no hours available unless you're a regular cashier.

Shifts are always on call.
You'll never move up in the company because they always hire within their own clicks of people.