Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Big store with young energetic staff.
Cashier/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONAugust 27, 2015
Very big store with many tasks that need to be completed during the day to function at an efficient and productive level. As a stock associate the typical day would be receiving product, getting the product prepped and ready for the floor, and working hand in hand with the merchandising team to get said product to the floor. As a cashier, it can be pretty monotonous ringing through transactions as there aren't many slow periods especially during holidays or special sales. The staff is quite young and it is easy to make quick connections. The management team was very flexible and understanding when it came to scheduling. The most enjoyable part of the job was working closely with my co-workers.
Unrealistic expectations, very noticeable favoritism
Sales Associate (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONAugust 14, 2015
They expect you to make sales and assist customers, clean and maintain at least 2 sections on your own, and keep track of your "go-backs" (items from Cash or the Change Room that need to be put back in your section). Usually only 2 of the 3 things mentioned above are possible to get done efficiently. We always left work around midnight when the closing shifts would start at 5pm. They were always short-staffed for the closing shifts on weekends and weekdays, expecting at the most 5, employees to clean, sort and close the entire store 'on time' (when we should be closing, which is around 10pm). Horrible management; showed obvious favoritism and gave a lot of shifts to their favorite employees.
Pros
nothing
Cons
N/A
Life in Forever XXI
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 10, 2013
I have been working there for almost two years. I got there when me and my family came here in Canada in 2011. The way people treat me there was good, and I have met different race of people, and became friends with them. The hardest part of the job was if we are not busy, because my salary for that week will decrease. What I like about this job is when we get bonuses in holidays and other occasion.
Pros
the people are good to me.
Cons
sometimes boxes fall on my feet.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate/ Visual worker (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 12, 2016
Always something to busy whether it was maintaining clothes, pushing product or helping out in the fitting rooms. Hardest part would be when we were busy and trying to keep up with maintaining the store at the same or faster speed it was getting destroyed at.
Great
Sale Associate / Accessories Visual Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Got a lot of experence
Learn a lot skills to take to my other jobs
Differently an eye opener
Great co-workers
Strong work ethics with remarkable customer handling skill
productive and friendly workplace
Cashier, Sales Associate, Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 20, 2015
productive, fun and friendly workplace with supportive team and management. most enjoyable part of the job was working with my colleagues and management, and learning from them. customers can sometimes get difficult but that is to be expected of any retail store environment.
Productive and great learning environment
Cashier/ Team leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2016
I learned a lot working here, interacting with clients one on one great admin skills and it was a fun environment to work in. The hardest part of my job was doing dictations
Overall a very positive and energetic work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 10, 2015
My day would usually start of with being assigned to either Fitting Room or a specific area of the store.
We will be notified of sales and promotions that we need to know of to make sure we let customers know.
I would get familiar with the work area, if I am on the floor then I will walk around familiarize myself with the items located in my area.
Once my shift start we keep the work area clean, retrieve clothing from fitting room that is specific to my area and out them back to their designated area.
If I am doing a closing shift, then we would make sure all clothing are clear from the fitting rooms and organize and clean all displays.
a diverse and outgoing environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  toronto, onOctober 16, 2013
-required to maintain floor control
-customer service
-management are nice and social-able
-hardest part at work is seeing your employees leave
-most enjoyable at work is working with the people at work
Pros
very flexible
Cons
could provide some benifits
As a sales associate
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 31, 2015
Working at Forever 21 as a sales associate made me realize how communication is a very important skill in everyday activities. When it comes to work, communication helps make things move forward because everyone is on the same page and therefore less delay because of confusion and etc. Forever 21 was the type of store that would be extremely busy during typical rush-hours, and that being said, sometimes each of my coworkers/managers would be too busy to help one another out. With that type of situation, each had to learn to be independent and self-efficient, which is an important skill I learned to develop and improve then.
Pros
Happy pleasant social life with coworkers and customers
Be a people person
Cashier/Sale associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 1, 2015
This job you have to be able and willing to talk to who ever walks through the door. Have full knowledge of the entire store regardless of the size. They stretch you think by giving you the responsibility of the whole floor at times. I'm sorry minimum wage is not worth it.

They Management on the other hand was fantastic. They get to know you as a person and see your strengths and utilizes them. They are very understanding and run a tight ship to make sure things are done.
Pros
Employment achievement recognition, fabulous Management, first look at new stuff
Cons
horrible staff discount, limited hours, minimum wage
Very busy atmosphere, with things to keep you constantly entertained.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chinook mall, Calgary, Alberta.July 24, 2015
Right from the moment i sign in, for my shift, there is a boat load of things for you to do. There is never a moment where you stand around and do nothing. The atmosphere is very busy but fun. The co-workers are so kind, and all around amazing. The hardest part of the job is when the store is closed. There are so many clothes piled up and ready for you to put away. You also have to clean your section, which can take hours, if you don't do it correctly. You also aren't allowed to leave the store unless every section is perfect, and ready for the next day. Overall it's a great learning experience, that will teach you to be patient and how to get things done at a fast pace.
Pros
Keeps you busy from the start of your shift to the end.
Cons
The hours are long.
needed a job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 20, 2015
thought it would be fun and beneficial

staff was great but management lacked a whole lot of structure and organization, new management all the time, never knew who was staying

too many employees were hired, not enough hours, people would quit quite often

pay not reasonable for what employees are required to do, hours not consistent

since day one i knew i would not want to work there for long, thankfully i got another job
Processes & policies in place work well if & when executed correctly
Service & Operations Mgr. (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BCNovember 2, 2015
Work environment is good. Support system is in place & works well. As long as you are clear as to what position you hold while employed with this company & you do what is expected if you this is a great company to work for.
Terrible Experience
Sales associate/cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, OnJune 11, 2015
Management had been terrible from the very first day I started working for the company back in 2011. Over time it just got worse, always unprofessional & on major power trips and have no clue how to treat people. Majority of gossip came from the management team. The company itself isn't good to their employees either. They randomly started making major changes to the company and cut hours drastically, started getting rid of positions & deducting people's pay.

Never received any incentives, bonuses, or gratis! Company does absolutely nothing for employees.

Work/life/balance doesn't exist with this company either- overworked & underpaid.

Best part of working here was my co workers (Not managers) because we all got along & it made work enjoyable.

As for customers on average they're pretty understandable biggest issue I ever had with customers was the company store policy (NO REFUNDS) but honestly such a high volume store you learn how to deal with a lot.
Pros
Staff members
Cons
High turn over, 10% discount, unorganized
productive and fun workplace and good assicoates and managers to communicate with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2015
good environment, good people to communicate with, lovely customers, I always learn something new everyday, either with customers how to deal with them or about our store. Working here was good for me because I have school and they helped balance it out with my hours
Pros
rewards
Cons
not enough hours
Fun workplace and great customer service experience
Sale associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 12, 2013
While working at Forever21, I have gained good customer service experience and improved on my communication skills. Throughout my shift, I had to help customers, ensure friendly conversation and offered merchandise information and sharing current sales or specials, also work as a team with other employees and management to ensure a productive day making sales. It is important to keep up good positive energy throughout your long shift, which may be the hardest part of the job especially if tired or having a bad day. I love working here with the company and working as a team with all other employees and management. I also love helping people and ensuring they receive good service and receive what they wish. I am a very patient and caring person thus, a job in a customer oriented role is something I enjoy.
Pros
10% off at forever21 stores
Cons
Good place for a student to work
Sales Associate, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 19, 2013
Hard work, good managers, co-workers are friendly, have to deal with customers a lot, schedules are flexible
Pros
good experience
Cons
salary, work schedules
Engaging, Fulfilling, but terrible environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  toronto,ONApril 24, 2015
Job was extremely fulfilling and enjoyed customer service aspect of it. Over the course of six months, I maintained relationships with returning customers who enjoyed my help and advice.

Management and environment was lacking. Very poor employee respect by management. Management or veterans look down at you, very passive-aggressive environment, unsympathetic to employee needs and wants. Poor hours. employees are told that they are EXPENDABLE.

On most occasions I was asked to stay until midnight when my shift ended at ten. I was not informed of the extremity of the overtime hours. Not recommended for high school students or anyone with university course-load. Was unprepared for the maltreatment and unreasonable expectations.

The experience it gives you in the retail field is amazing.
Pros
great experience learning how to deal with customers and make sales
Cons
unpredictable and unreasonable overtime hours and terrible management
A fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 25, 2015
A typical day at forever 21 would be you would sign into the computer and then the manger would give you a section to look after and for the rest of the time you would be looking after your section picking up clothing and putting things away and helping costumers. I learned about a lot more about costumer service how to improve. The Mangement is very good they care about there employees. All of my co workers are very nice fun to be around. The hardest part of the job would be standing for long periods of time but i have learned to work around it. The most enjoyable part of my job would be seeing the costumers walking out of the store with a smile on there face cause they have found what they wanted .

2.7