Forever 21 Employee Reviews in Canada

Forever 21
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 22, 2015
Though I worked for Forever 21 for a short time, I enjoyed the experience working as a sales associate. Management could have been a little more enthusiastic about being at work. I found their attitude affected my overall performance at work. The other sales associates were easy to work with and had helped me quite a bit.
It was challenging and fun.
SALES (Former Employee) –  Ottawa , OnJune 24, 2015
I liked working in forever 21 , because I learnt to work with other people , I learned to understand peoples individuality and problems . Although , sometimes it could get challenging having to balance out time .
Pros
Discounts and learnimg more about fashion
Overworked and Underpaid
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaApril 21, 2015
Management is terrible. Never agree to take an overnight shift to open a new store. They don't inform you of what you actually will be doing, instead, they overwork you and demand you to carry extremely heavy boxes back and forth. You get paid very little here as well. Although your coworkers are nice, it is difficult in communicating with your managers. They tend to ask you to stay a couple hours behind, or try to get you to stay at work for as long as you can.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Overworked, underpaid, only 10% discount
Terrible , unfair , unorganized workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto , ONApril 19, 2015
Working at forever 21 is very hard, having to worry if you will get your break that day and if the managers will let you go when your shift is over. What I learned at forever 21 is that if you don't state how you feel you will get treated unfairly. For example i finish work at 11 but they store will still needs to be cleaned, the managers know i am still in high school but make me stay back 2 extra hours to clean and wont tell me to clock back in and will watch us clean instead of helping. The hardest part of being a sales associate at forever 21 is helping customers at the same time putting away clothing and keeping this huge store clean because they don't want to call in workers so they don't have to pay them. There hasn't been one day i enjoyed working at forever 21.
Pros
Cutting down long hour shifts.
Cons
Cutting down our breaks.
Fun workplace
Part-Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 13, 2015
Workplace is very enjoyable with enthusiastic and easy to work with coworkers. Although closing could be a bit of a handful, the job gets done with the help of the hard work from myself and as well as other employees.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BcApril 28, 2015
I started off as a sal assoctiate, and I learned to work in high pressure enviroments. Management was understanding, and the coworkers were intimidating. The hardest part of the job was that I did not get much training so I lacked where some of the clothing went but I learned along the way.
Fun place to work with.
nice
fast learner
busy
sometimes messy
need a lot of people on the floor
hanger is easy to break
Terrible Experience
Sales associate/cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, OnJune 11, 2015
Management had been terrible from the very first day I started working for the company back in 2011. Over time it just got worse, always unprofessional & on major power trips and have no clue how to treat people. Majority of gossip came from the management team. The company itself isn't good to their employees either. They randomly started making major changes to the company and cut hours drastically, started getting rid of positions & deducting people's pay.

Never received any incentives, bonuses, or gratis! Company does absolutely nothing for employees.

Work/life/balance doesn't exist with this company either- overworked & underpaid.

Best part of working here was my co workers (Not managers) because we all got along & it made work enjoyable.

As for customers on average they're pretty understandable biggest issue I ever had with customers was the company store policy (NO REFUNDS) but honestly such a high volume store you learn how to deal with a lot.
Pros
Staff members
Cons
High turn over, 10% discount, unorganized
Fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  torontoMarch 29, 2015
I do love working at Forever 21 but I do not like the fact that they never have hours to give and I end up working once a week for 5 hours. My favourite part at working there is helping customers find outfits. I do love fashion myself, and helping others who need help in some fashion needs is fun for me.
Pros
Management is amazing
Cons
Not enough hours
enjoyable
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJune 7, 2015
working at Forever 21 has given me such an amazing experience for so many roads. for example, I do not only help customers but i also assists my co workers when ever i see that they need the help or I sometime take the lead and manage to organize certain areas at the store in order for customers to be happy and feel the need to shop. my typical day at Forever I am a fitting room specialist, I assist customers in the fitting room by getting them sizes or outfit them. I am also a sorter, where I have to sort all the go backs thats given back from customers to the floor. it is challenging to know where everything in the store is but I manage to know everything and that helps me be so confident when helping a customer finding what they are looking for. the work environment is fun because I love people and meeting knew people everyday just makes work so exciting. My co workers are amazing they taught me how to adopt and learn that not everyone is the same and thats when we have to love and except everyone.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short lunch hour
Fun quick and easy
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 3, 2015
Your day at Forever 21 starts off by reviewing the daily target, ADS and UPT scores and yesterdays overall finish. Aside from helping customers accessorize or build an outfit for their evening, I have learned to work with cash and Interact transactions. I have also got to work in stock unboxing items for the new floor set and also will fill in spaces needed. The co-workers at Forever 21 make it very enjoyable to go back. After being there for almost two years, it's almost too sad to leave. I feel that the company's managerial skills are exceeding more than ever before as well as security. Nothing is hard unless you make it hard but it's about prioritizing. Your section will be messy at the end of the night if you don't keep an eye on it as well as your racks that you have to maintain within the fitting room. Aside from cleaning the sections that can sometimes take extra minutes, it's really fun working with customers who love the product they get and with all the co-workers who are more than happy to help.
Not so good working at f21
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dufferin, ONMay 13, 2015
Maybe it was because i joined the team when the store was opening, but i personally didnt enjoy my position at forever 21. It was very un organized, The manager made everyone come in to work even when there was too many of us.
Pros
Small shifts
Cons
No over time pay
Fun and coordinated workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  YorkdaleApril 11, 2015
Helped alot of wonderful customers and learned alot about ways to increase in sales as well as loss prevention, coworkers and management are very fun to work with. Hardest part of the job is maintain cleanliness of the store with a small team of people since the store is a big
Good Customer Service at Forever 21
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 13, 2015
A typical day work would be organizing clothes and providing good customer service. As a sales associate, we assist customers to find the best products they need. I learned to be organized, a fast learner, patient towards customers. Management gave helpful tips and they are very understanding with shifts. The hardest part of my job is closing the store. The most enjoyable part of my job is fulfilling all of the customers needs as they leave the store happy.
Cleaning up store
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, CanadaApril 7, 2015
After the store closes, we have to clean our sections. The sections that we are assigned to are the ones we have to focus on cleaning. The main manager makes us stay 30 more mins when our shift ends if she isn't happy with the look of the store.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
They make you work over time
Enjoyable and rewarding workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 30, 2015
Forever 21 is an overall enjoyable workplace. The responsibilities are equally challenging and fun. The management tries their best at all times, but like any human sometimes falls short when it comes to problem solving. I very much enjoy working with my co-workers and management as they are all friendly and supportive. Overall Forever21 is a wonderful place to work and I am happy for the opportunity to work for this company.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
little to no hours
Perfect place for student interested in making a little pocket money on the side.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2015
FOREVER21 is not the place for anyone who has rent, car payments to make. This place is always overstaffed and no hours available unless you're a regular cashier.

Shifts are always on call.
You'll never move up in the company because they always hire within their own clicks of people.
Pros
nothing. no benefits, 10% off. not even enough for tips
Cons
horrible management, over worked, underpayed, over staffed, on call shifts
Fun work place, nice environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCMarch 15, 2015
Learned how to be a good sales associate, how to help people in need. Got better and better through out my working experiences. But did not get the hours I wanted, only got one-three shifts a week when I wanted full time.
Pros
always busy when working, never bored
Cons
cleaning up when store closes takes very long
Engaging, Fulfilling, but terrible environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  toronto,ONApril 24, 2015
Job was extremely fulfilling and enjoyed customer service aspect of it. Over the course of six months, I maintained relationships with returning customers who enjoyed my help and advice.

Management and environment was lacking. Very poor employee respect by management. Management or veterans look down at you, very passive-aggressive environment, unsympathetic to employee needs and wants. Poor hours. employees are told that they are EXPENDABLE.

On most occasions I was asked to stay until midnight when my shift ended at ten. I was not informed of the extremity of the overtime hours. Not recommended for high school students or anyone with university course-load. Was unprepared for the maltreatment and unreasonable expectations.

The experience it gives you in the retail field is amazing.
Pros
great experience learning how to deal with customers and make sales
Cons
unpredictable and unreasonable overtime hours and terrible management
Productive, easy workplace
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJanuary 20, 2015
A typical day at Forever 21 was to maintain and clean my section of the store. Also to portray a great image of Forever 21 with excellent customer service. I learned the different fashion trends and the basics of working in retail. I got along very well with all my co-workers. The managers weren't as friendly and did not give many options with the work schedule. The hardest part of the job was making sure all clothes are put back into the correct spot. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was helping customers, vicing my opinion, and getting to know the people I worked with.
Pros
interested in fashion
Cons
hardly got any hours, managers were not very friendly