Forever 21 Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and great learning environment
Cashier/ Team leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2016
I learned a lot working here, interacting with clients one on one great admin skills and it was a fun environment to work in. The hardest part of my job was doing dictations
Review on Forever21 Fairview Mall
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 21, 2015
My experience at Forever 21 Fairview was bitter sweet, i personally feel like the management is not good, some managers dnt act like managers, your infromaton is shared with employees. My co-workers are good they work really good. The hardest part about working at F21 is leaving late after the store has been close.
Pros
Work trips and discount
Cons
Fellow coworkers are amazing and the only reason I stayed.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 9, 2015
I had worked at Forever 21 for a year and 2 months, in this year I found myself happy and miserable but more of the latter. I have made a lot of friends in my time here and they are the only reason I have stuck it out so long, they are like my family. I only now have to leave because the management has taken a turn in these last few months and it has become a toxic environment no longer focused on being family driven .
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Very low discount and unsupportive management
Must be able to work fast and efficiently
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 17, 2015
Must be able to work fast and efficiently in order to maintain the productivity of the floor. Must be friendly and help customers with finding their items. Must be able to properly communicate with others. Must be able to stand and work long hours ( may pass scheduled hours)
Cons
Long Hours
Fast-paced, fun work place!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 13, 2015
Many people I know tell me how even walking into Forever 21 gives them anxiety. Its so big, and has so many things to choose from. If customers think this -- just imagine working there. When you are on the floor, there is never a minute you get to yourself, ALWAYS something to do.

The hardest part about my job would probably have to be the cleaning. I TRULY believe, if every person were to work one day at this store, it would NEVER be a mess. Some nights we are there until 12:00 AM organizing the store, to make sure everything is perfect for the next morning.

Although, it can be difficult at times, dealing with keeping your section maintained, as well as helping out customers to ensure they leave with a smile on their face, my co-workers make a hard day at work, seem just fine. I remember when my old manager left, she got hired at H&M and they had literally told her "We are hiring you because if you can work retail in Forever 21... You can work retail anywhere!".
Pros
Seeing what comes in the store before we sell it
Not a good place to work ! choose another brands
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BCNovember 9, 2015
basically, hours you get per week can vary from 4 hrs to 44 hrs and it's not stable at all, there is no guarantee.
on the new stores managers are usually very young and not experienced, thinking only about numbers, they don't know how to motivate the employees and just keep pushing them with a very bad attitude, rude and mean.
some of the co-workers are nice and some of them trying to make the work environment unfriendly.
NOT recommended.
Cons
very low discount for employees, no shift security, not experienced managers, managers also so rudes and mean
Processes & policies in place work well if & when executed correctly
Service & Operations Mgr. (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BCNovember 2, 2015
Work environment is good. Support system is in place & works well. As long as you are clear as to what position you hold while employed with this company & you do what is expected if you this is a great company to work for.
fast paced environment with many multi-tasking jobs
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 2, 2015
Greeting customers with a smile on your face is a must, thinking positively daily helped me enjoy my job. i learned that they are many different people in this world with different personalities and working here made me adapt to all of them. forever 21 was actually a wonderful job, management was usually very understanding, co-workers are actually amazing people and the music we played around the shop helped keep us going.
Pros
Mall discount
Cons
Misunderstanding customers
productive and friendly workplace
Cashier, Sales Associate, Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 20, 2015
productive, fun and friendly workplace with supportive team and management. most enjoyable part of the job was working with my colleagues and management, and learning from them. customers can sometimes get difficult but that is to be expected of any retail store environment.
productive and fun workplace and good assicoates and managers to communicate with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2015
good environment, good people to communicate with, lovely customers, I always learn something new everyday, either with customers how to deal with them or about our store. Working here was good for me because I have school and they helped balance it out with my hours
Pros
rewards
Cons
not enough hours
Normal Day at Forever 21
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 2, 2015
Management is the worst, do not understand requests or availabilities. Normal day at work is slow in the morning but gets busy by noon and especially around closing time. The best part of the job is know that customers are satisfied with the service and walked around with a happy purchase. I learned a lot working at Forever 21, I learned how to open and close the store; stock up what was needed around the cashier area, provide excellent service through phone (looking for item), learned to fold clothes properly (the way f21) wants it to be, learned to deal with change room and learned how to detect "theft" but to use recovery sentences.
Fast paced environment
Forever 21 (Former Employee) –  River Road, DeltaSeptember 29, 2015
Fast paced atmosphere involving packaging, labeling, building pallets, and counting inventory. Learned about the company and building a team playing environment with my fellow co workers.
Friendly workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCSeptember 24, 2015
You need to ready to work hard, you are constantly moving around from one corner to the other. Management isn't very organizes but still functional. Staying late to finish tasks that had to be done.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Long hours, Long travelling
Work life
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 6, 2015
I loved working at forever 21 I got along with everyone we were all a big family from time to time I see myself missing being in that environment. My typical day would be running clothes back on to the floor fixing displays speaking to district managers about the layout for the store and upcoming campaigns. Management was kind of shaky in the beginning because our head manager was never trained to be a head manager but she was a wonderful person nonetheless over time she became impeccable with her position. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a hundred different task and executing them all perfectly it put real pressure on me but I learned to preserve through that. The most enjoyable part was being able to work in an environment where I got along with everyone and loved coming into work everyday because I knew someone would put a smile on my face
As a sales associate
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 31, 2015
Working at Forever 21 as a sales associate made me realize how communication is a very important skill in everyday activities. When it comes to work, communication helps make things move forward because everyone is on the same page and therefore less delay because of confusion and etc. Forever 21 was the type of store that would be extremely busy during typical rush-hours, and that being said, sometimes each of my coworkers/managers would be too busy to help one another out. With that type of situation, each had to learn to be independent and self-efficient, which is an important skill I learned to develop and improve then.
Pros
Happy pleasant social life with coworkers and customers
Big store with young energetic staff.
Cashier/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONAugust 27, 2015
Very big store with many tasks that need to be completed during the day to function at an efficient and productive level. As a stock associate the typical day would be receiving product, getting the product prepped and ready for the floor, and working hand in hand with the merchandising team to get said product to the floor. As a cashier, it can be pretty monotonous ringing through transactions as there aren't many slow periods especially during holidays or special sales. The staff is quite young and it is easy to make quick connections. The management team was very flexible and understanding when it came to scheduling. The most enjoyable part of the job was working closely with my co-workers.
Very Productive work enviornment
Inventory (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 23, 2015
-cant talk
-have to stay standing to do inventory
-very hot in summer
-a lot of work is done
-helpful work environment
-employees are all very sweet and caring
Pros
sweet people
Cons
have to stand when working and we can't talk
needed a job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 20, 2015
thought it would be fun and beneficial

staff was great but management lacked a whole lot of structure and organization, new management all the time, never knew who was staying

too many employees were hired, not enough hours, people would quit quite often

pay not reasonable for what employees are required to do, hours not consistent

since day one i knew i would not want to work there for long, thankfully i got another job
Unrealistic expectations, very noticeable favoritism
Sales Associate (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONAugust 14, 2015
They expect you to make sales and assist customers, clean and maintain at least 2 sections on your own, and keep track of your "go-backs" (items from Cash or the Change Room that need to be put back in your section). Usually only 2 of the 3 things mentioned above are possible to get done efficiently. We always left work around midnight when the closing shifts would start at 5pm. They were always short-staffed for the closing shifts on weekends and weekdays, expecting at the most 5, employees to clean, sort and close the entire store 'on time' (when we should be closing, which is around 10pm). Horrible management; showed obvious favoritism and gave a lot of shifts to their favorite employees.
Pros
nothing
Cons
N/A
Very busy atmosphere, with things to keep you constantly entertained.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chinook mall, Calgary, Alberta.July 24, 2015
Right from the moment i sign in, for my shift, there is a boat load of things for you to do. There is never a moment where you stand around and do nothing. The atmosphere is very busy but fun. The co-workers are so kind, and all around amazing. The hardest part of the job is when the store is closed. There are so many clothes piled up and ready for you to put away. You also have to clean your section, which can take hours, if you don't do it correctly. You also aren't allowed to leave the store unless every section is perfect, and ready for the next day. Overall it's a great learning experience, that will teach you to be patient and how to get things done at a fast pace.
Pros
Keeps you busy from the start of your shift to the end.
Cons
The hours are long.