Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Productive environment and fun place to work
Visual Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 April 2016
Fast paced environment that challenges you daily. Each day brings something new to learn and improve many personal and interpersonal skills.
Pros
fast paced
Productive and fun workplace
MANAGER OF SERVICE AND OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 April 2016
-very busy store
- managing about 60 employees
- very strong management team
- sales driven environment
- very fun environment to work
- multitasking is the most challenging part of the job.
fast paced environment
ASM OF MERCHANDISING (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC3 April 2016
fast paced environment.
I love working with my co workers who strive the same and yet still making it a fun environment.
The hardest part of the job is getting the work done in allotted time as it is a big store.
Very fast pace work environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 March 2016
Everyday at Forever 21 was busy, fast pace and involved an immense amount of multitasking. I learned to stay positive and learn quick. Management was so supportive and understanding, they truly creative a family feel among coworkers. The hardest part of working at Forever 21 was in an environment of such high traffic and minimal staff. That is where experience, prioritizing and communication were such an important part of the job to stay a float. The most enjoyable part was when you could truly satisfy a customer with making them feel confident in something they would typically never see themselves in.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Not enough hours to have enough staff on floor
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2016
Forever 21 was my first retail job. There I grew not only professionally but also personally. Soon the management team fell apart and as retail goes many employees dropped like dead flies. I stayed for some time to see new generations hire, but soon my time to leave came as well. No matter where I go now I always refer to my experience at Forever 21 as it was great. Still today I keep in touch with my managers and many of my coworkers. However if you are not a fan of bratty teens (sometimes moms) perhaps F21 isn't for you because 75% of your customers are exactly that. Also expect to work late nights as customers are ruthless and flip your store upside down without considering the fact that you (also a human being with no more than two hands) have to clean up after all of them and restore the store back to its NCO (Neat, clean and organized) racks, tables and displays just how the visuals left them in the afternoon.
stressful workplace
Sales Associate and Cashier and stock (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 March 2016
the work is slavery,
you don't go home till 1am sometimes = feet HURT after work
they do not put any staff during the day so for the 6pm shift the store is a DISASTER!
so the closing shift does all the work and gets the store ready for the next day,
the hours are bad= not regular or no hours at all
horrible discount (only 10%)
need to have lots of patience with customers and messes
employees cant make purchases while working (cant get paid to buy something... so i stopped buying their clothes)
the ONLY thing i enjoyed was the people i worked with (minus rude managers with attitude who don't help you do any work, just sit in the back room and hide)
the CEO is on forbs list= top 500 riches people of the world yet pay their employees minimum wage and the discount for employees is only 10%....
no one should work here
Cons
NO INCENTIVES, no work parties - no christmas party, long closing shifts, 5 cent raises
Fun and productive work place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2016
I had a great work experience with forever 21, I learned a lot with this company and met great people along the way. Everyday with forever 21 was a learning experience.
Good experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON8 March 2016
- running go backs
- folding clothes
- sweeping and cleaning mirrors
- helping customers find specific items
- putting out inventory onto the floor
friendly & productive
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2016
Forever 21 had a good work environment, the people were friendly, helpful and productive. Everyone helped out eachother when needed to get the job done right and efficiently.
Enjoyable workplace
Lead Services/ IT representative - Management (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 February 2016
The workplace is great! The company emphasizes on team work a lot and because of this, employees develop good relationships. It requires a lot of work, however the environment and the staff helps make work fun.
Productive and friendly work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON17 February 2016
A typical day at work was fun and interesting. There was always something to do and I was always busy. My co-workers and mangers were all great. The hardest part of the job was keeping the work area clean because things would always get moved around, such as clothes, jewelry and shoes. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the friendly people I worked with,
Fun environment, great people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North York, ON6 February 2016
It was a good environment with encouraging managers and fun coworkers. It was busy and we got a lot of hours during the holiday season but I did not agree with minimum wage.
Cons
messy work place
Fun workplace with great people to work with
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 February 2016
The work is really fast paced since the store is, most of the days, busy. So you have to be fast with your duties to maintain the store's standards.
It teaches you on how to deal with pressure and also on how to manage your duties.
The store management is really good, they are experienced and trustworthy. Co-workers are also great, mostly young people with good sense of humor, making the work day much better.
The toughest part of the job is when there's a accumulation of activities to do in a short period of time. The best part is the flexible schedule.
Great
Sale Associate / Accessories Visual Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2016
Got a lot of experence
Learn a lot skills to take to my other jobs
Differently an eye opener
Great co-workers
Strong work ethics with remarkable customer handling skill
Forever xxi
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON17 January 2016
Work was sort of an enjoyable place because of its spacious working environment and there were many young ambitious ladies who made work a little less boring. Head and hiring staff were picky and sometimes overwhelming to deal with, asking employees to do tasks on their own or in partners that were very laboring. Managed to accomplish a lot of tasks around the store when finished in my area/zone. Learned that the retail business is very tough, the hours are long, treacherous and exhausting but hard work always pays off. Hardest part was was waking up for morning shifts but they were worth it and lastly, the most enjoyable part was getting to enjoy the products that we provided in the store.
Pros
Girls made work enjoyable
Cons
Slightly low pay, judgmental hiring staff, tired aching feet from always standing and walking around the store, times of break and lunch are too short
Productive & Fun workplace
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON16 January 2016
Typical days at work usually start very early in the morning opening the store. I have learned great skills on how to work efficiently and well with others especially when organizing merchandise in the back of our stock room. The people I work with are usually very friendly and personable. The hardest part is lifting heavy stock boxes in the back and the most enjoyable part is working on the floor interacting with the customers.
Pros
Good work team
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate/ Visual worker (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 January 2016
Always something to busy whether it was maintaining clothes, pushing product or helping out in the fitting rooms. Hardest part would be when we were busy and trying to keep up with maintaining the store at the same or faster speed it was getting destroyed at.
Productive and great learning environment
Cashier/ Team leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2016
I learned a lot working here, interacting with clients one on one great admin skills and it was a fun environment to work in. The hardest part of my job was doing dictations
Review on Forever21 Fairview Mall
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 December 2015
My experience at Forever 21 Fairview was bitter sweet, i personally feel like the management is not good, some managers dnt act like managers, your infromaton is shared with employees. My co-workers are good they work really good. The hardest part about working at F21 is leaving late after the store has been close.
Pros
Work trips and discount
Cons
Fellow coworkers are amazing and the only reason I stayed.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 December 2015
I had worked at Forever 21 for a year and 2 months, in this year I found myself happy and miserable but more of the latter. I have made a lot of friends in my time here and they are the only reason I have stuck it out so long, they are like my family. I only now have to leave because the management has taken a turn in these last few months and it has become a toxic environment no longer focused on being family driven .
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Very low discount and unsupportive management

2.8