Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun
Customer Service, I (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 February 2017
work environment is amazing, employees and management also amazing. Not crazy about the pay and hours given! Learned so many new things working here. Love what I do here.
Productive and organized work place.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC30 January 2017
It is a well organized and friendly work environment. At first it was difficult understanding the warehouse work but later, I got more understanding of it and began working as an quality control member.
didn't like it at these places
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 January 2017
i didn't think the staff was friendly and they had managers come in from LA which were very rude to us. they didn't treat us with respect and made me feel stupid in front of customers
Horrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2017
Such a terrible work environment. Upper management doesn't care about you as an employee and nothing you complete is good enough. Pay is extremely low for the amount of tasks to complete. Upper management expects you to complete an unattainable amount of tasks and every criticism is negative. Was constantly told "not good enough" while other managers spend their whole day sitting in the office playing on their phone. Store manager is incompetent and requests completely illogical tasks.
Do not recommend working here.
Pros
Most staff are nice
Cons
Long hours, low pay, terrible life and work balance, incompetent managers
An enjoyable/fustrating working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 January 2017
Being to yourself as you neatly put away the abundant amount of clothes. I learnt how to correctly organize and hang any of their products. The management was very friendly but i did feel a sense of sometimes coldness and snobbishness. Though the job was a seasonal one i did not enjoy the concept of myself having to call and not being given a solid shift, where i had to call a couple of hours to find out if my shift was still proceeding. I found it very frustrating and not productive. The workplace culture was very down to earth and fashionable, close to my desired environment. The hardest part of the job was trying to complete my duties without any training. And my most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with clients and making new friends.
Pros
Located in Downtown Montreal, close to school
Cons
On call concept, disorganized management
Decent sales experience
Sales Associate/Stock/ (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2017
Not the best but it'll get the sense of sales across. It's get very crowded some times and the managers are not the best. MEns sections is a little too small for my liking but it has decent clothes
Pros
Okay breaks
Cons
Messy and crowded
productive
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2017
taught me how to be a good customer service rep. and how to deal with customers and bad situations . skills i can use in the real world at any time today
Good part-time job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON18 January 2017
It was a very chaotic store and management was poor. However, i loved my co-workers and enjoyed my diversity within the company. I would not want to work there again because of the overwhelming volume of work that was expected from the employees.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Management needed work
Amazing Experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 January 2017
This was my first job working in retail as a seasona sales associate.
I enjoyed the experience, managers were very accomodating and the staff was extremely welcoming. I was sad to learn that my contract had ended, and will likely reapply when they are hiring again in the summer.
Overall fun experience.
Pros
Welcoming staff, frequent small breaks, flexible schedules
Cons
10% discount
Low-end Job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2016
As with most mass market retailers, management is a gamble. Work culture is mundane. Benefits are hidden from workers and avoided handing out to those other than managers.
Most workers are young high-school or university students so the environment is also a gamble.
You job security and advancement is purely based on manager favoritism.
Stock Clerk
Customer Care/Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2016
It's a great place to work under pressure and with staff. However, the managers act more like boss than show leadership. I learned that working with staff, I am more likely to learn a lot of about skills to improve my daily tasks.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 December 2016
This is my first retail job since I graduated college. Forever21 is fashion retails which related to my career and what I've studied in school. It was great time and experiences to working here. I got great friends and we treat each other as family. I am very grateful for being part of Forever 21 team!
A fun place to start working and great if you like to work in retail
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 December 2016
A typical day at work involved stocking the shelves and clothing tables. I improved in my organization skills. The management was good. My co-workers were very enthusiastic and upbeat.
Disorganized and Unmotivating
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 December 2016
Worst work experience I have ever had.
Disorganized.
Manual schedules.
Lack of support and direction.
Poor moral.
Lack of stable leadership.
Depressing
Pros
Cons
Benefits, lack of clear support, time wasters
Forever 21...
Sales associate and sorter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 November 2016
Management wasn't great, expected too much out of employees with minimum wage, no benefits, nothing. Would not work there again.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2016
there are many locations that have Forever 21 so i cannot write a review on all the store only the one i previously worked at which was fairview.
over all forever 21 is a store which attracts alot of customers so you would be expected to stay longer past you shifts.
Forever 21 makes you work full-time hours even if you are a part-time Sales Associate.
You get no free time for yourself.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
tightly run ship, and not in a good way
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2016
- management is extremely picky and will breathe down your neck constantly
- only one manager organizes the schedule so you can have a great relationship with every other manager and still not get a lot of shifts
- shifts ranged from 3 hours to 8 hours
- the back room for employees was extremely small with such a large staff, always tight, exposed wires everywhere
- fellow employees were really sweet, mostly in their 20's
Pros
looking at clothes?
Cons
shift length ranged dramatically
Avoid this store...
Customer only, but not any more! (Former Employee) –  Uptown, Victoria, BC16 November 2016
A filthy store, never cleaned. You see piles of dirt and huge dust bunnies everywhere. Management is untrained, unprofessional, and lazy! I've been in the store when so called management was berating staff, and sitting on their cell phones. Clothing is cheaply made. Avoid this store for shopping and/or employment!
Pros
Cons
Managers, store environment, horrible treatment of staff
Working at XXI
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 November 2016
Everyone working there was lazy, and had cliques. The managers all talked bad about certain sales associates.The discount was also very low comparing to the wage we were getting paid.
Pros
Close to a food court.
Cons
Bad-Mouthing Managers.
It was a fun place to work a lot of amazing people.
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC17 October 2016
My personal review about the company was no guarantee in keeping your job. The staff was hard working a lot of favoritism went on in the warehouse.The benefits the company offered was amazing,although there were a lot of very unrealistic deadlines.I enjoyed the position I was doing,but due to certain circumstances I had to find a job that paid me a few extra thousand dollars a month.If was given a choice of going back I would, but I really don't think I could.All in all, it is a fast-paced environment and if you are willing to sweat a lot and feel great afterward it is a really great place to get a workout in.
Pros
Free lunches on Saturday's
Cons
Long extensive hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever 21. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7