Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Entry level sales associate job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2016
Sales associate position at Forever 21 requires minimum to no experience.

A typical day includes folding clothes, hanging clothes on hangers and organizing different clothes in different designated areas.
Not fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 June 2016
Pressing managers
Annoy customers since managers want us to hover over each customer every second they are in the store.
Good people if your lucky to find a decent store.
Decent hours
Not very good pay
Pros
Short breaks
Cons
Manager presses you for numbers
productive
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 July 2016
I liked working here because I like fashion. It is a job that requires you to be confident, kind, reliable and knowledgeable.
Pros
Discount, Fashion
Cons
not enough hours
Fun and dynamic place to work
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale Mall20 May 2016
A typical day would be opening boxes received from the morning shipment, processed all the clothes and hung them on racks. Sometimes they need us to do sensor run or hanger run. Before closing the store, we make sure everything is cleaned in the stock room and go on the sales floor to help the sales associates.
Pros
Nice environment and friendly people
Very Nice
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 July 2016
I have worked in forever 21, and my overall review for this place is good, people are very friendly, managers are nice. I didn't know what to do at first, but I get over it very soon.
Forever 21 Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2016
They were all amazing people. I learned how to manage time well and how to practice patience with customers and my co-workers.
Fellow coworkers are amazing and the only reason I stayed.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 December 2015
I had worked at Forever 21 for a year and 2 months, in this year I found myself happy and miserable but more of the latter. I have made a lot of friends in my time here and they are the only reason I have stuck it out so long, they are like my family. I only now have to leave because the management has taken a turn in these last few months and it has become a toxic environment no longer focused on being family driven .
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Very low discount and unsupportive management
Good workplace, nice environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 June 2016
Co-workers and managers are very friendly. By the end of the night everyone is always on task and it is also enjoyable because everyone works as a team to make sure the store is at its best.
Great experience for starters
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 May 2016
Great way to start off working in retail. Really helped me to get out of my shell and helped me to learn about sales and different fashion trends.
Fun workplace and great customer service experience
Sale associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 March 2013
While working at Forever21, I have gained good customer service experience and improved on my communication skills. Throughout my shift, I had to help customers, ensure friendly conversation and offered merchandise information and sharing current sales or specials, also work as a team with other employees and management to ensure a productive day making sales. It is important to keep up good positive energy throughout your long shift, which may be the hardest part of the job especially if tired or having a bad day. I love working here with the company and working as a team with all other employees and management. I also love helping people and ensuring they receive good service and receive what they wish. I am a very patient and caring person thus, a job in a customer oriented role is something I enjoy.
Pros
10% off at forever21 stores
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2016
Good energy everybody works with each other. Everybody is friendly and the best part of it is helping customers find the attire they would prefer purchasing
Forever xxi
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON17 January 2016
Work was sort of an enjoyable place because of its spacious working environment and there were many young ambitious ladies who made work a little less boring. Head and hiring staff were picky and sometimes overwhelming to deal with, asking employees to do tasks on their own or in partners that were very laboring. Managed to accomplish a lot of tasks around the store when finished in my area/zone. Learned that the retail business is very tough, the hours are long, treacherous and exhausting but hard work always pays off. Hardest part was was waking up for morning shifts but they were worth it and lastly, the most enjoyable part was getting to enjoy the products that we provided in the store.
Pros
Girls made work enjoyable
Cons
Slightly low pay, judgmental hiring staff, tired aching feet from always standing and walking around the store, times of break and lunch are too short
fast paced environment with many multi-tasking jobs
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 November 2015
Greeting customers with a smile on your face is a must, thinking positively daily helped me enjoy my job. i learned that they are many different people in this world with different personalities and working here made me adapt to all of them. forever 21 was actually a wonderful job, management was usually very understanding, co-workers are actually amazing people and the music we played around the shop helped keep us going.
Pros
Mall discount
Cons
Misunderstanding customers
Friendly workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC24 September 2015
You need to ready to work hard, you are constantly moving around from one corner to the other. Management isn't very organizes but still functional. Staying late to finish tasks that had to be done.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Long hours, Long travelling
Hard work in a busy environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 April 2016
Great job great experience. Excellent first job great teams. Would highly recommend positive people always really nice. But on the whole amazing
Pros
the friendly people
Cons
working overtime
Work life
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 September 2015
I loved working at forever 21 I got along with everyone we were all a big family from time to time I see myself missing being in that environment. My typical day would be running clothes back on to the floor fixing displays speaking to district managers about the layout for the store and upcoming campaigns. Management was kind of shaky in the beginning because our head manager was never trained to be a head manager but she was a wonderful person nonetheless over time she became impeccable with her position. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a hundred different task and executing them all perfectly it put real pressure on me but I learned to preserve through that. The most enjoyable part was being able to work in an environment where I got along with everyone and loved coming into work everyday because I knew someone would put a smile on my face
Normal Day at Forever 21
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 October 2015
Management is the worst, do not understand requests or availabilities. Normal day at work is slow in the morning but gets busy by noon and especially around closing time. The best part of the job is know that customers are satisfied with the service and walked around with a happy purchase. I learned a lot working at Forever 21, I learned how to open and close the store; stock up what was needed around the cashier area, provide excellent service through phone (looking for item), learned to fold clothes properly (the way f21) wants it to be, learned to deal with change room and learned how to detect "theft" but to use recovery sentences.
Big store with young energetic staff.
Cashier/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 August 2015
Very big store with many tasks that need to be completed during the day to function at an efficient and productive level. As a stock associate the typical day would be receiving product, getting the product prepped and ready for the floor, and working hand in hand with the merchandising team to get said product to the floor. As a cashier, it can be pretty monotonous ringing through transactions as there aren't many slow periods especially during holidays or special sales. The staff is quite young and it is easy to make quick connections. The management team was very flexible and understanding when it came to scheduling. The most enjoyable part of the job was working closely with my co-workers.
productive work place with fun employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON2 May 2016
it was really nice working there.
i really learned a lot from my co workers and employers.
i also enjoy shopping there
Overall, forever 21 is a nice place to work in
Unrealistic expectations, very noticeable favoritism
Sales Associate (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 August 2015
They expect you to make sales and assist customers, clean and maintain at least 2 sections on your own, and keep track of your "go-backs" (items from Cash or the Change Room that need to be put back in your section). Usually only 2 of the 3 things mentioned above are possible to get done efficiently. We always left work around midnight when the closing shifts would start at 5pm. They were always short-staffed for the closing shifts on weekends and weekdays, expecting at the most 5, employees to clean, sort and close the entire store 'on time' (when we should be closing, which is around 10pm). Horrible management; showed obvious favoritism and gave a lot of shifts to their favorite employees.
Pros
nothing
Cons
N/A

2.7