Forever 21 Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Laval, QCSeptember 24, 2015
Pros: Great staff
Cons: Long hours, Long travelling
You need to ready to work hard, you are constantly moving around from one corner to the other. Management isn't very organizes but still functional. Staying late to finish tasks that had to be done.
Work life
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 6, 2015
I loved working at forever 21 I got along with everyone we were all a big family from time to time I see myself missing being in that environment. My typical day would be running clothes back on to the floor fixing displays speaking to district managers about the layout for the store and upcoming campaigns. Management was kind of shaky in the beginning because our head manager was never trained to be a head manager but she was a wonderful person nonetheless over time she became impeccable with her position. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a hundred different task and executing them all perfectly it put real pressure on me but I learned to preserve through that. The most enjoyable part was being able to work in an environment where I got along with everyone and loved coming into work everyday because I knew someone would put a smile on my face
As a sales associate
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Happy pleasant social life with coworkers and customers
Working at Forever 21 as a sales associate made me realize how communication is a very important skill in everyday activities. When it comes to work, communication helps make things move forward because everyone is on the same page and therefore less delay because of confusion and etc. Forever 21 was the type of store that would be extremely busy during typical rush-hours, and that being said, sometimes each of my coworkers/managers would be too busy to help one another out. With that type of situation, each had to learn to be independent and self-efficient, which is an important skill I learned to develop and improve then.
Big store with young energetic staff.
Cashier/Stock Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONAugust 27, 2015
Very big store with many tasks that need to be completed during the day to function at an efficient and productive level. As a stock associate the typical day would be receiving product, getting the product prepped and ready for the floor, and working hand in hand with the merchandising team to get said product to the floor. As a cashier, it can be pretty monotonous ringing through transactions as there aren't many slow periods especially during holidays or special sales. The staff is quite young and it is easy to make quick connections. The management team was very flexible and understanding when it came to scheduling. The most enjoyable part of the job was working closely with my co-workers.
Very Productive work enviornment
Inventory (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 23, 2015
Pros: sweet people
Cons: have to stand when working and we can't talk
-cant talk
-have to stay standing to do inventory
-very hot in summer
-a lot of work is done
-helpful work environment
-employees are all very sweet and caring
needed a job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONAugust 20, 2015
thought it would be fun and beneficial

staff was great but management lacked a whole lot of structure and organization, new management all the time, never knew who was staying

too many employees were hired, not enough hours, people would quit quite often

pay not reasonable for what employees are required to do, hours not consistent

since day one i knew i would not want to work there for long, thankfully i got another job
Unrealistic expectations, very noticeable favoritism
Sales Associate (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONAugust 14, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: N/A
They expect you to make sales and assist customers, clean and maintain at least 2 sections on your own, and keep track of your "go-backs" (items from Cash or the Change Room that need to be put back in your section). Usually only 2 of the 3 things mentioned above are possible to get done efficiently. We always left work around midnight when the closing shifts would start at 5pm. They were always short-staffed for the closing shifts on weekends and weekdays, expecting at the most 5, employees to clean, sort and close the entire store 'on time' (when we should be closing, which is around 10pm). Horrible management; showed obvious favoritism and gave a lot of shifts to their favorite employees.
Very busy atmosphere, with things to keep you constantly entertained.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chinook mall, Calgary, Alberta.July 24, 2015
Pros: Keeps you busy from the start of your shift to the end.
Cons: The hours are long.
Right from the moment i sign in, for my shift, there is a boat load of things for you to do. There is never a moment where you stand around and do nothing. The atmosphere is very busy but fun. The co-workers are so kind, and all around amazing. The hardest part of the job is when the store is closed. There are so many clothes piled up and ready for you to put away. You also have to clean your section, which can take hours, if you don't do it correctly. You also aren't allowed to leave the store unless every section is perfect, and ready for the next day. Overall it's a great learning experience, that will teach you to be patient and how to get things done at a fast pace.
It was nice in the beginning
Pointe Claire, Montréal QC (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 22, 2015
Pros: The clothes
Cons: Bad management
I had fun in the start, it was all fun and games working in a big store with friends. Until you realize the management isn't all that great.
You always felt like you were not doing well enough. You were never working " fast " enough.
Productive fun workplace with great people
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Burlington, ONJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Good people
Cons: Less hours
I loved working at Forever 21, it was a great first retail job and I absolutely loved the people I worked with. Its always been a fast pace job, where you need to juggle two or three tasks at hand but if you're comfortable with that you will do great here. I wish I could have stayed but the hours they give you vary very much and it doesn't pay enough for the amount of hours they give you.
Overall a very positive and energetic work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 10, 2015
My day would usually start of with being assigned to either Fitting Room or a specific area of the store.
We will be notified of sales and promotions that we need to know of to make sure we let customers know.
I would get familiar with the work area, if I am on the floor then I will walk around familiarize myself with the items located in my area.
Once my shift start we keep the work area clean, retrieve clothing from fitting room that is specific to my area and out them back to their designated area.
If I am doing a closing shift, then we would make sure all clothing are clear from the fitting rooms and organize and clean all displays.
Overall Experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 6, 2015
Pros: 10 minute break, then 30 minute break, then last 10 minute break
Cons: 10% Discount
worked as a part time seasonal sales associate (got hired on spot due to flexible schedule).

learned to communicate with customers as well as multitask and work in a fast paced environment. co workers were fun to be with and easy to talk to, really nice people.
sucked
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: short hours and only 2 shifts a week.
worst job ever. Managers treat you like horrible even though they get paid like $2 more. They hired way more people then they needed to and then out of nowhere decided to just not give like 60% of us any shifts. They kept us there till like 2am cleaning the store and all the managers sucked and got switched around like 5 times and they only gave us two shifts a week.
Be a people person
Cashier/Sale associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Employment achievement recognition, fabulous Management, first look at new stuff
Cons: horrible staff discount, limited hours, minimum wage
This job you have to be able and willing to talk to who ever walks through the door. Have full knowledge of the entire store regardless of the size. They stretch you think by giving you the responsibility of the whole floor at times. I'm sorry minimum wage is not worth it.

They Management on the other hand was fantastic. They get to know you as a person and see your strengths and utilizes them. They are very understanding and run a tight ship to make sure things are done.
A fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 25, 2015
A typical day at forever 21 would be you would sign into the computer and then the manger would give you a section to look after and for the rest of the time you would be looking after your section picking up clothing and putting things away and helping costumers. I learned about a lot more about costumer service how to improve. The Mangement is very good they care about there employees. All of my co workers are very nice fun to be around. The hardest part of the job would be standing for long periods of time but i have learned to work around it. The most enjoyable part of my job would be seeing the costumers walking out of the store with a smile on there face cause they have found what they wanted .
It was challenging and fun.
SALES (Former Employee), Ottawa , OnJune 24, 2015
Pros: Discounts and learnimg more about fashion
Cons: long hours
I liked working in forever 21 , because I learnt to work with other people , I learned to understand peoples individuality and problems . Although , sometimes it could get challenging having to balance out time .
Sales Associate
Co-op Education (Former Employee), BramptonJune 22, 2015
Decent place, they would always pick favourites. Did what I was asked to do, it was more for myself and school then them. Management was very unorganized.
Forever 21
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 22, 2015
Though I worked for Forever 21 for a short time, I enjoyed the experience working as a sales associate. Management could have been a little more enthusiastic about being at work. I found their attitude affected my overall performance at work. The other sales associates were easy to work with and had helped me quite a bit.
Fun workplace
Part-Time Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 13, 2015
Workplace is very enjoyable with enthusiastic and easy to work with coworkers. Although closing could be a bit of a handful, the job gets done with the help of the hard work from myself and as well as other employees.
Terrible Experience
Sales associate/cashier (Former Employee), Newmarket, OnJune 11, 2015
Pros: Staff members
Cons: High turn over, 10% discount, unorganized
Management had been terrible from the very first day I started working for the company back in 2011. Over time it just got worse, always unprofessional & on major power trips and have no clue how to treat people. Majority of gossip came from the management team. The company itself isn't good to their employees either. They randomly started making major changes to the company and cut hours drastically, started getting rid of positions & deducting people's pay.

Never received any incentives, bonuses, or gratis! Company does absolutely nothing for employees.

Work/life/balance doesn't exist with this company either- overworked & underpaid.

Best part of working here was my co workers (Not managers) because we all got along & it made work enjoyable.

As for customers on average they're pretty understandable biggest issue I ever had with customers was the company store policy (NO REFUNDS) but honestly such a high volume store you learn how to deal with a lot.