Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Great clothing but terrible magaement
Sale associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2016
At first it was a really great job but then a really good manager quit and from there I feel as the store went down hill. Nobody liked the new manager they hired. One day I hear that the assistant manager got forced to quit because of the other two managers. Doesn't stop there though, A couple weeks later the other two manager's quit ! So a bunch of important people flew in, took charge of everything and they even hired the old assistant manager back. oh don't get me started on how they mistreated me. I was getting trained to become the new assistant manager but because the head manager quit her opinion didn't matter anymore. it was really un fair and now I only got 15 hours in two weeks.
Pros
got to buy cute clothing
Cons
got expected to much for to much
fun place to work but management chooses favorites
Sales Associate, Stock, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 June 2016
This job was convenient for me when i was attending university because the flexible hours. Got to meet a lot of new people, and the work environment was stressful at times but always fun. However, i was lucky that the management liked me, but i also seen how they treated other employees which was highly unfair.
Pros
meet great people, flexible work hours
Cons
Management could make the job difficult
The employees there were very nice but the atmosphere was very delicate.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 April 2016
The management within the work environment that I was apart of, would consistently out you under scrutiny, even if you did not do anything wrong. They always assumed the worst out of people, and if you were a good employee they would never regonize it. I called in sick twice once because of a sinus infection, and the other because of a viral infection. I was always 15 minutes early, willing to stay late if needed, and would take other peoples shifts, and that went un-noticed.

The employees tried to make the best of it though and would happily talk to customers, and sing along to the music while they worked.
Work Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2016
The management team needs more training, the work environment is not bad. I enjoy the company of my co-workers, and the costumers. I learned the value of team work.
Hard work place with not enough support
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2016
As a sales associate in a busy store you are required to multi-task in order to ensure the cleanliness of the store while helping customers.
I have learned how to adapt and complete my tasks to a very busy environment.
Management helps around the floor as we work as a team to have a good closing.
Working without support is the hardest part as it is a huge store and team work is the only way to maintain your part of the store.
Your co-workers are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Very fast pace work environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 March 2016
Everyday at Forever 21 was busy, fast pace and involved an immense amount of multitasking. I learned to stay positive and learn quick. Management was so supportive and understanding, they truly creative a family feel among coworkers. The hardest part of working at Forever 21 was in an environment of such high traffic and minimal staff. That is where experience, prioritizing and communication were such an important part of the job to stay a float. The most enjoyable part was when you could truly satisfy a customer with making them feel confident in something they would typically never see themselves in.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Not enough hours to have enough staff on floor
It was fun and prouductive working at Forever 21 I engoyed working there
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 May 2016
This was a very good job I didn't have any complaints I enjoyed the time that I had there. We were very productive with the time that use at forever 21 we made sure that meant the needs of the customers shopping in the store.
Pros
the very organize
Cons
you work long hours with midemn breaks
Perfect place for student interested in making a little pocket money on the side.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2015
FOREVER21 is not the place for anyone who has rent, car payments to make. This place is always overstaffed and no hours available unless you're a regular cashier.

Shifts are always on call.
You'll never move up in the company because they always hire within their own clicks of people.
Pros
Nothing. No benefits, 10% off. Not even enough for tips
Cons
Horrible management, over worked, underpayed, over staffed, on call shifts
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2016
Forever 21 was my first retail job. There I grew not only professionally but also personally. Soon the management team fell apart and as retail goes many employees dropped like dead flies. I stayed for some time to see new generations hire, but soon my time to leave came as well. No matter where I go now I always refer to my experience at Forever 21 as it was great. Still today I keep in touch with my managers and many of my coworkers. However if you are not a fan of bratty teens (sometimes moms) perhaps F21 isn't for you because 75% of your customers are exactly that. Also expect to work late nights as customers are ruthless and flip your store upside down without considering the fact that you (also a human being with no more than two hands) have to clean up after all of them and restore the store back to its NCO (Neat, clean and organized) racks, tables and displays just how the visuals left them in the afternoon.
challenging but overall fun
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC15 June 2016
The customer is king. Must try my best to satisfy the client.
Always smile and be positive. It was a friendly environment with all co-workers, we did organised a few work dinner to share our experience and anecdote.
Pros
Friendship
Terrible experience
Co Manager of service and operations (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale shopping centre13 March 2015
this role requires someone who is willing to go against all good will. Someone who has no problem treating those of less paying roles poorly. The sales associates are called "kids". I witnessed seasoned managers talk down to sales associates. This company treats everyone as an expendable person(s). This role is not Salary. So it's very very hard to control your own patrols when there are very important projects that need to be completed. The company rushes EVERYTHING. My experience was opening a new store before Xmas during construction. 500+ sales associates running around setting up the store with no safety gear while the store was under construction. Most employees had a problem with their pay. Most were not paid in excess of 38+ days. Do not work for this company. I left this company do to the lack of poor leadership and direction. This company lacks important structure. Their core values don't include treating their employees with much respect. This company has no integrity. You will also not be compensated enough to run a 40000 sq foot store that's 3 levels. Do not get caught up especially at Yorkdale shopping centre. There is a serious lack of leadership at that store.
Pros
Cons
10% discount very rude managers no work life balance
Fun and hardworking
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON17 May 2016
A typical day at work consisted of my mowing and maintaining 8-10 lawns. Management was done very well and everyone was treated fairly. The hardest part of my job was struggling with the heat and being outside for multiple hours. The most enjoyable part of my job was the bond I shared with my co workers.
Pros
Delicious Lunches
Cons
was very hot when working outside for hours on end
Reasonable
sale associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 June 2016
Overall a reasonable place to work- with good, flexible hours. Management was a bit pushy but overall a decent environment.
Good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yonge and Dundas21 August 2016
The job was fine, the environment was welcoming however the on call system proves very hectic to those with other priorities and long commutes to work.
productive
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 July 2016
I liked working here because I like fashion. It is a job that requires you to be confident, kind, reliable and knowledgeable.
Pros
Discount, Fashion
Cons
not enough hours
Life in Forever XXI
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 March 2013
I have been working there for almost two years. I got there when me and my family came here in Canada in 2011. The way people treat me there was good, and I have met different race of people, and became friends with them. The hardest part of the job was if we are not busy, because my salary for that week will decrease. What I like about this job is when we get bonuses in holidays and other occasion.
Pros
the people are good to me.
Cons
sometimes boxes fall on my feet.
Not fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 June 2016
Pressing managers
Annoy customers since managers want us to hover over each customer every second they are in the store.
Good people if your lucky to find a decent store.
Decent hours
Not very good pay
Pros
Short breaks
Cons
Manager presses you for numbers
Fun place to work with.
nice
fast learner
busy
sometimes messy
need a lot of people on the floor
hanger is easy to break
If You Have No Choice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2016
They didnt take in consideration of the care about their employees well being. Favoritism is a given to obtain frequent/ daily shifts.
Short Lunch Breaks, No Organization or Regulations or Order in the Workforce, Not a friendly or Positive Work Place to work for.

Working here made ready and have tolerance to deal with any un-easiness

But I do love their clothing some quality is cheap but the design and style are good and i usually shop online
Pros
Cute clothing
Cons
Short Lunch Breaks, No Organization or Regulations or Order in the Workforce, Not a freindly or Positive Work Place to be in, Low store- discount
Good experience in the fashion and retail industry
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2016
A day at work for Forever 21 is regular. Clock in, do your assigned tasks, clean up, and clock out. I learned how to fold clothes, clean fixtures, and execute customer service properly. Co-workers come and go, but overall everything was good.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
closing the store

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever 21. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7