Forever 21

Forever 21 Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Visual Merchandiser
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 17, 2013
Re-working the sales floor as pre company directive.
Styling mannequins and windows for season and looks.
Customer service.
Interacting with the management and sales team to make sure merchandise standards are met.
Productive and fun workplace
Accessory Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa,ONJune 28, 2013
-it was a very fun environment
-I learned new things everyday
-management was very nice, supportive, understanding, and helpful
-co-workers were fun to work with
Terrible- just terrible
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMay 13, 2013
Cons: they literally time your lunches and you get in trouble if you've gone over by 1 minute, management is terrible and rude
Management is probably the worst part, especially at Scarborough Town Centre. The managers only care about themselves. Employees are bossed around and treated poorly.
fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 9, 2013
Learned folding clothes
Excellent management
It is an easy job
An environment where I was able to apply effective customer service
Sales Associate/Visual Asisstant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 4, 2013
•operated cash register performing purchases, returns, exchanges, and offered help to customers, also worked with the visual merchandising team, filling product on the floor by merchandising through various specified themes.
• how to make sales, upsell merchandise, prevent loss prevention, visual eye, organizing shipment
• great management team
•hard-working, team oriented co-workers
•handling angry customers
•satisfied customers
Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 18, 2013
A typical working day at Forever 21 would be helping customers to the best of my ability. I always make sure that i present myself in a professional manner when working with the customers. Management team is great. They are very friendly and approachable making working there more comfortable. What I enjoy most about working there is the team. Everyone is friendly, and it is great working with them.
One of the worst places to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto ONApril 13, 2013
Management team was completely unreasonable. The store manager was one of the stupidest people I've ever met, it's questionable if she even finished high school. Store manager was so bad that other assistant managers would quit and complain but still she remains. They hire so many people so good luck getting hours. The store is always messy because even though they've hired so many employees, they don't actually schedule a lot of people to work. Was there for over a year and was promised a wage increase but didn't get one. Put it this way, for minimum wage you're working your butt off for nothing. You will learn nothing here and you're constantly trying to prove yourself just to get hours for a sales associate job.
Good place for a student to work
Sales Associate, Cashier (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 19, 2013
Pros: good experience
Cons: salary, work schedules
Hard work, good managers, co-workers are friendly, have to deal with customers a lot, schedules are flexible
fast pace, friendly people, fun, good music
Sales Associate of merchandise (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONMarch 6, 2013
Pros: good working environment
my shifts were 5 hours on weekdays and 8 hours on weekends.
my job was a sales associate, i helped out customers by reaching their needs of merchandise by assisting them on finding specific articles of clothing. I would great customers and ask them if they needed any help or how their day was going. When it would get busy we work as a team to keep the store tidy and reach customer service goals. Some days i worked in the fitting room and helped out other associates in their department.
productive and fun
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2013
working at Forever21 taught me about customer service and also how to work as a team in order to provide the highest level of service to customers. Also Maintained friendly and professional customer interactions.My co-workers were friendly to work with.The hardest part of the job was serving some customers because they walk in the store not knowing what they are looking for or what they want. The most enjoyable part of the job was having friendly conversation with customers.
Its alright.
Sales/Stock Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: nice co workers
Cons: managment, short hours
A typical day of work is folding clothes, tending to customers who actually need your help, keeping ht eplace clean,etc...managment at my location was horrible they didnt care about their workers, they made up they own rules and showed favoritism to others. they gave horrible hours also.the only cool thing was there was good co-workers everybody was nice...overall retail is a horrible job lol
Great work environment
Team Leader (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONFebruary 5, 2013
Loved working at forever 21,
hard working team
fun environment
Fun and productive workplace. Have learned alot about customer service
Cashier (Current Employee), TorontoJanuary 7, 2013
-Clean
-Help Customers
-Co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with
- I enjoy making customers happy and having leave the store feeling like they will return
A Fun Filled Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: managers were friendly
Cons: finger scan not scanning properly
When I worked there I mostly sorted the clothing, keeping my area of the workplace clean, and making sure everything was in its place. I assisted customers with their needs and answered any question they had based on a clothing item.The managers were always on the go but made sure everyone was doing their job. The co-workers were cooperating with each other in order to keep the store organized for all the customers. The hardest part of the job was to assist every customer as fast as you can especially when it came to being busy. Other than that the job in general was enjoyable.
A Productive Day
Sale and Cash Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2012
A typical day would begin at 9:45 during the week which I worked quite often in which I would help customers on the floor and was promoted to cashier because of customer compliments. I learned that the customers needs are important and that team work makes the dream work. I was always asked to stay later and I did I enjoyed my fellow co-workers and we did are best to make the target for the day and the weel
Worst place to work for.
Sales associate. (Current Employee), Calgary, Alberta CanadaNovember 3, 2012
Let me start of by saying this review is for my store only, and i can see why people enjoy this job. Let me first talk about the way the managers treat the sales associates. The will talk to us like trash, always put us down. I've been constantly insulted by my managers, and i have heard them talking about sA in the back room. One time i called my manager out on it and she told me thats not what they were talking about. I was appalled. The management calls us 'replaceable' and 'useless' when ive never seen any harder workers that the f21 girls. We work out butts off to have all the go backs under control, and to help customers. The fits at my store are so terrible to work in. They are the worst place to be on a busy day because there is no help for you what so ever. The managemtient doesn't do their figure 8's so we have constant customers comming into fits asking for us to do things for them. Another thing is cutting hours. I under stand places need to do this, but when it's a game of favorites... its a different story. If youre not favored, cutting will not be fair. They will cut 1 girls whole shift, and some other girls shifts in half, but some girls never get cut. It's totally unfair, like why not cut everyones shifts by a few hours.. Minus all these problems the sA's are wonderful, and everyone is nice. One last thing is when we have a lot stolen from us at one time, they blame everyone, and i menan call you out infront of customers. The management at f21 sucks.. Very unproffesional. I would really think twice before getting a job here.
Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: fashion industry, meeting new people
Cons: not enough hours, not scheduled some week, isn't fun environment
A typical day starts off as you clock in and have our opening meeting of where we are placed in the store for the remainder of the night. Through the day of work we greet customers, help customers and keep our shop clean. What I've learned is that customer service is very important in the business world. I have some amazing co-workers, I have made many good relationships with workers. The hardest part about working in such a enormous store is finding the proper place for a particular article of clothing, so you tend to see a lot of blended clothes which is not appealing.
Outgoing environment
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 5, 2012
Always new challenges, and learning opportunities everyday to help expand on knowledge and growth within merchandising.
Agréable
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 15, 2012
J'aime bien le travaille d'équipe et le contact avec le public.
Je travaille constamment dans les salles d'essayage et je dois répondre aux demandes des clients