Forever 21 Employee Reviews in Canada

friendly & productive
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2016
Forever 21 had a good work environment, the people were friendly, helpful and productive. Everyone helped out eachother when needed to get the job done right and efficiently.
Enjoyable workplace
Lead Services/ IT representative - Management (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 28, 2016
The workplace is great! The company emphasizes on team work a lot and because of this, employees develop good relationships. It requires a lot of work, however the environment and the staff helps make work fun.
Productive and friendly work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONFebruary 17, 2016
A typical day at work was fun and interesting. There was always something to do and I was always busy. My co-workers and mangers were all great. The hardest part of the job was keeping the work area clean because things would always get moved around, such as clothes, jewelry and shoes. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the friendly people I worked with,
Fun environment, great people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North York, ONFebruary 6, 2016
It was a good environment with encouraging managers and fun coworkers. It was busy and we got a lot of hours during the holiday season but I did not agree with minimum wage.
Cons
messy work place
Fun workplace with great people to work with
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 3, 2016
The work is really fast paced since the store is, most of the days, busy. So you have to be fast with your duties to maintain the store's standards.
It teaches you on how to deal with pressure and also on how to manage your duties.
The store management is really good, they are experienced and trustworthy. Co-workers are also great, mostly young people with good sense of humor, making the work day much better.
The toughest part of the job is when there's a accumulation of activities to do in a short period of time. The best part is the flexible schedule.
Great
Sale Associate / Accessories Visual Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Got a lot of experence
Learn a lot skills to take to my other jobs
Differently an eye opener
Great co-workers
Strong work ethics with remarkable customer handling skill
Forever xxi
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Work was sort of an enjoyable place because of its spacious working environment and there were many young ambitious ladies who made work a little less boring. Head and hiring staff were picky and sometimes overwhelming to deal with, asking employees to do tasks on their own or in partners that were very laboring. Managed to accomplish a lot of tasks around the store when finished in my area/zone. Learned that the retail business is very tough, the hours are long, treacherous and exhausting but hard work always pays off. Hardest part was was waking up for morning shifts but they were worth it and lastly, the most enjoyable part was getting to enjoy the products that we provided in the store.
Pros
Girls made work enjoyable
Cons
Slightly low pay, judgmental hiring staff, tired aching feet from always standing and walking around the store, times of break and lunch are too short
Productive & Fun workplace
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ONJanuary 16, 2016
Typical days at work usually start very early in the morning opening the store. I have learned great skills on how to work efficiently and well with others especially when organizing merchandise in the back of our stock room. The people I work with are usually very friendly and personable. The hardest part is lifting heavy stock boxes in the back and the most enjoyable part is working on the floor interacting with the customers.
Pros
Good work team
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate/ Visual worker (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 12, 2016
Always something to busy whether it was maintaining clothes, pushing product or helping out in the fitting rooms. Hardest part would be when we were busy and trying to keep up with maintaining the store at the same or faster speed it was getting destroyed at.
Productive and great learning environment
Cashier/ Team leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2016
I learned a lot working here, interacting with clients one on one great admin skills and it was a fun environment to work in. The hardest part of my job was doing dictations
Review on Forever21 Fairview Mall
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 21, 2015
My experience at Forever 21 Fairview was bitter sweet, i personally feel like the management is not good, some managers dnt act like managers, your infromaton is shared with employees. My co-workers are good they work really good. The hardest part about working at F21 is leaving late after the store has been close.
Pros
Work trips and discount
Cons
Fellow coworkers are amazing and the only reason I stayed.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 9, 2015
I had worked at Forever 21 for a year and 2 months, in this year I found myself happy and miserable but more of the latter. I have made a lot of friends in my time here and they are the only reason I have stuck it out so long, they are like my family. I only now have to leave because the management has taken a turn in these last few months and it has become a toxic environment no longer focused on being family driven .
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Very low discount and unsupportive management
Must be able to work fast and efficiently
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 17, 2015
Must be able to work fast and efficiently in order to maintain the productivity of the floor. Must be friendly and help customers with finding their items. Must be able to properly communicate with others. Must be able to stand and work long hours ( may pass scheduled hours)
Cons
Long Hours
Fast-paced, fun work place!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 13, 2015
Many people I know tell me how even walking into Forever 21 gives them anxiety. Its so big, and has so many things to choose from. If customers think this -- just imagine working there. When you are on the floor, there is never a minute you get to yourself, ALWAYS something to do.

The hardest part about my job would probably have to be the cleaning. I TRULY believe, if every person were to work one day at this store, it would NEVER be a mess. Some nights we are there until 12:00 AM organizing the store, to make sure everything is perfect for the next morning.

Although, it can be difficult at times, dealing with keeping your section maintained, as well as helping out customers to ensure they leave with a smile on their face, my co-workers make a hard day at work, seem just fine. I remember when my old manager left, she got hired at H&M and they had literally told her "We are hiring you because if you can work retail in Forever 21... You can work retail anywhere!".
Pros
Seeing what comes in the store before we sell it
Not a good place to work ! choose another brands
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BCNovember 9, 2015
basically, hours you get per week can vary from 4 hrs to 44 hrs and it's not stable at all, there is no guarantee.
on the new stores managers are usually very young and not experienced, thinking only about numbers, they don't know how to motivate the employees and just keep pushing them with a very bad attitude, rude and mean.
some of the co-workers are nice and some of them trying to make the work environment unfriendly.
NOT recommended.
Cons
very low discount for employees, no shift security, not experienced managers, managers also so rudes and mean
Processes & policies in place work well if & when executed correctly
Service & Operations Mgr. (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BCNovember 2, 2015
Work environment is good. Support system is in place & works well. As long as you are clear as to what position you hold while employed with this company & you do what is expected if you this is a great company to work for.
fast paced environment with many multi-tasking jobs
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 2, 2015
Greeting customers with a smile on your face is a must, thinking positively daily helped me enjoy my job. i learned that they are many different people in this world with different personalities and working here made me adapt to all of them. forever 21 was actually a wonderful job, management was usually very understanding, co-workers are actually amazing people and the music we played around the shop helped keep us going.
Pros
Mall discount
Cons
Misunderstanding customers
productive and friendly workplace
Cashier, Sales Associate, Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 20, 2015
productive, fun and friendly workplace with supportive team and management. most enjoyable part of the job was working with my colleagues and management, and learning from them. customers can sometimes get difficult but that is to be expected of any retail store environment.
productive and fun workplace and good assicoates and managers to communicate with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2015
good environment, good people to communicate with, lovely customers, I always learn something new everyday, either with customers how to deal with them or about our store. Working here was good for me because I have school and they helped balance it out with my hours
Pros
rewards
Cons
not enough hours
Normal Day at Forever 21
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 2, 2015
Management is the worst, do not understand requests or availabilities. Normal day at work is slow in the morning but gets busy by noon and especially around closing time. The best part of the job is know that customers are satisfied with the service and walked around with a happy purchase. I learned a lot working at Forever 21, I learned how to open and close the store; stock up what was needed around the cashier area, provide excellent service through phone (looking for item), learned to fold clothes properly (the way f21) wants it to be, learned to deal with change room and learned how to detect "theft" but to use recovery sentences.

2.7