Forever 21 Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Forever xxi
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Pros: Girls made work enjoyable
Cons: Slightly low pay, judgmental hiring staff, tired aching feet from always standing and walking around the store, times of break and lunch are too short
Work was sort of an enjoyable place because of its spacious working environment and there were many young ambitious ladies who made work a little less boring. Head and hiring staff were picky and sometimes overwhelming to deal with, asking employees to do tasks on their own or in partners that were very laboring. Managed to accomplish a lot of tasks around the store when finished in my area/zone. Learned that the retail business is very tough, the hours are long, treacherous and exhausting but hard work always pays off. Hardest part was was waking up for morning shifts but they were worth it and lastly, the most enjoyable part was getting to enjoy the products that we provided in the store.
Productive & Fun workplace
Sales associate (Current Employee), Ottawa East, ONJanuary 16, 2016
Pros: Good work team
Cons: Not enough hours
Typical days at work usually start very early in the morning opening the store. I have learned great skills on how to work efficiently and well with others especially when organizing merchandise in the back of our stock room. The people I work with are usually very friendly and personable. The hardest part is lifting heavy stock boxes in the back and the most enjoyable part is working on the floor interacting with the customers.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate/ Visual worker (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 12, 2016
Always something to busy whether it was maintaining clothes, pushing product or helping out in the fitting rooms. Hardest part would be when we were busy and trying to keep up with maintaining the store at the same or faster speed it was getting destroyed at.
Productive and great learning environment
Cashier/ Team leader (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2016
I learned a lot working here, interacting with clients one on one great admin skills and it was a fun environment to work in. The hardest part of my job was doing dictations
Review on Forever21 Fairview Mall
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 21, 2015
Pros: Work trips and discount
Cons: Long hours
My experience at Forever 21 Fairview was bitter sweet, i personally feel like the management is not good, some managers dnt act like managers, your infromaton is shared with employees. My co-workers are good they work really good. The hardest part about working at F21 is leaving late after the store has been close.
Fellow coworkers are amazing and the only reason I stayed.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 9, 2015
Pros: Coworkers
Cons: Very low discount and unsupportive management
I had worked at Forever 21 for a year and 2 months, in this year I found myself happy and miserable but more of the latter. I have made a lot of friends in my time here and they are the only reason I have stuck it out so long, they are like my family. I only now have to leave because the management has taken a turn in these last few months and it has become a toxic environment no longer focused on being family driven .
Must be able to work fast and efficiently
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 17, 2015
Cons: Long Hours
Must be able to work fast and efficiently in order to maintain the productivity of the floor. Must be friendly and help customers with finding their items. Must be able to properly communicate with others. Must be able to stand and work long hours ( may pass scheduled hours)
Fast-paced, fun work place!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 13, 2015
Pros: Seeing what comes in the store before we sell it
Many people I know tell me how even walking into Forever 21 gives them anxiety. Its so big, and has so many things to choose from. If customers think this -- just imagine working there. When you are on the floor, there is never a minute you get to yourself, ALWAYS something to do.

The hardest part about my job would probably have to be the cleaning. I TRULY believe, if every person were to work one day at this store, it would NEVER be a mess. Some nights we are there until 12:00 AM organizing the store, to make sure everything is perfect for the next morning.

Although, it can be difficult at times, dealing with keeping your section maintained, as well as helping out customers to ensure they leave with a smile on their face, my co-workers make a hard day at work, seem just fine. I remember when my old manager left, she got hired at H&M and they had literally told her "We are hiring you because if you can work retail in Forever 21... You can work retail anywhere!".
Not a good place to work ! choose another brands
Sales Associate (Former Employee), West Vancouver, BCNovember 9, 2015
Cons: very low discount for employees, no shift security, not experienced managers, managers also so rudes and mean
basically, hours you get per week can vary from 4 hrs to 44 hrs and it's not stable at all, there is no guarantee.
on the new stores managers are usually very young and not experienced, thinking only about numbers, they don't know how to motivate the employees and just keep pushing them with a very bad attitude, rude and mean.
some of the co-workers are nice and some of them trying to make the work environment unfriendly.
NOT recommended.
Processes & policies in place work well if & when executed correctly
Service & Operations Mgr. (Current Employee), West Vancouver, BCNovember 2, 2015
Work environment is good. Support system is in place & works well. As long as you are clear as to what position you hold while employed with this company & you do what is expected if you this is a great company to work for.
fast paced environment with many multi-tasking jobs
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 2, 2015
Pros: Mall discount
Cons: Misunderstanding customers
Greeting customers with a smile on your face is a must, thinking positively daily helped me enjoy my job. i learned that they are many different people in this world with different personalities and working here made me adapt to all of them. forever 21 was actually a wonderful job, management was usually very understanding, co-workers are actually amazing people and the music we played around the shop helped keep us going.
productive and friendly workplace
Cashier, Sales Associate, Stock Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 20, 2015
productive, fun and friendly workplace with supportive team and management. most enjoyable part of the job was working with my colleagues and management, and learning from them. customers can sometimes get difficult but that is to be expected of any retail store environment.
productive and fun workplace and good assicoates and managers to communicate with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2015
Pros: rewards
Cons: not enough hours
good environment, good people to communicate with, lovely customers, I always learn something new everyday, either with customers how to deal with them or about our store. Working here was good for me because I have school and they helped balance it out with my hours
Normal Day at Forever 21
CASHIER (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 2, 2015
Management is the worst, do not understand requests or availabilities. Normal day at work is slow in the morning but gets busy by noon and especially around closing time. The best part of the job is know that customers are satisfied with the service and walked around with a happy purchase. I learned a lot working at Forever 21, I learned how to open and close the store; stock up what was needed around the cashier area, provide excellent service through phone (looking for item), learned to fold clothes properly (the way f21) wants it to be, learned to deal with change room and learned how to detect "theft" but to use recovery sentences.
Fast paced environment
Forever 21 (Former Employee), River Road, DeltaSeptember 29, 2015
Fast paced atmosphere involving packaging, labeling, building pallets, and counting inventory. Learned about the company and building a team playing environment with my fellow co workers.
Friendly workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Laval, QCSeptember 24, 2015
Pros: Great staff
Cons: Long hours, Long travelling
You need to ready to work hard, you are constantly moving around from one corner to the other. Management isn't very organizes but still functional. Staying late to finish tasks that had to be done.
Work life
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 6, 2015
I loved working at forever 21 I got along with everyone we were all a big family from time to time I see myself missing being in that environment. My typical day would be running clothes back on to the floor fixing displays speaking to district managers about the layout for the store and upcoming campaigns. Management was kind of shaky in the beginning because our head manager was never trained to be a head manager but she was a wonderful person nonetheless over time she became impeccable with her position. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a hundred different task and executing them all perfectly it put real pressure on me but I learned to preserve through that. The most enjoyable part was being able to work in an environment where I got along with everyone and loved coming into work everyday because I knew someone would put a smile on my face
As a sales associate
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Happy pleasant social life with coworkers and customers
Working at Forever 21 as a sales associate made me realize how communication is a very important skill in everyday activities. When it comes to work, communication helps make things move forward because everyone is on the same page and therefore less delay because of confusion and etc. Forever 21 was the type of store that would be extremely busy during typical rush-hours, and that being said, sometimes each of my coworkers/managers would be too busy to help one another out. With that type of situation, each had to learn to be independent and self-efficient, which is an important skill I learned to develop and improve then.
Big store with young energetic staff.
Cashier/Stock Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONAugust 27, 2015
Very big store with many tasks that need to be completed during the day to function at an efficient and productive level. As a stock associate the typical day would be receiving product, getting the product prepped and ready for the floor, and working hand in hand with the merchandising team to get said product to the floor. As a cashier, it can be pretty monotonous ringing through transactions as there aren't many slow periods especially during holidays or special sales. The staff is quite young and it is easy to make quick connections. The management team was very flexible and understanding when it came to scheduling. The most enjoyable part of the job was working closely with my co-workers.
Very Productive work enviornment
Inventory (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 23, 2015
Pros: sweet people
Cons: have to stand when working and we can't talk
-cant talk
-have to stay standing to do inventory
-very hot in summer
-a lot of work is done
-helpful work environment
-employees are all very sweet and caring