Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Fun Atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2017
I had a lot of time working for this company especially because my best friend used to work here as well, I never felt like a new member who was alone.
Like any other retail place
Lead (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 April 2017
Like any retail stores, there are going to be unpleasant customers, you're going to love your co-workers, and management will take advantage of you if you let them.

I started as an associate and this was my first job so I was eager to impress which management liked. So I was promoted within 6 months and then again after 3 months. Then we got a new manager and business was less busy so they started giving associate 0-1 shift a week or you can get up to 4 shifts a week, if the managers likes you. Shifts are 4 hours long. Luckily for me I was full-time so I got my hours 40 hours a week. But once new management came in they started hiring their incompetent friends who couldn't finish their work within their given hours so they took away my hours to give to them. And because I finish early I didn't care at first since I wanted to see the store succeed. But once we got into the busier season I need my hours back but by then it was too late. I fell behind and the whole store fell behind trying to help out the manager's friend. The friend was eventually fired but the damage was done. the district decided to hire a whole new team or something because they keep overlooking longtime staffs for promotion which, of course, made people mad so they left. I stayed for a year after new management but after being overlooked for promotion twice and finding out I was grossly underpaid for my position, I left. The promotion didn't bother me as much as finding out I was being under paid. But I should have known since when I asked for a job description they keep telling me they'll get it to
  more... me later.

Lesson learned, value yourself and know your rights.
Pros
Your co-workers, the best people you ever meet.
Cons
Everything else.
Travail agréable
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 April 2017
Travail parfait pour les étudiants. Je le recommende vraiment pour ceux qui veulent être dans l'industrie de la monde.
Forever21-Fast Paced Environment
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS2 April 2017
Forever21 is a fast paced environment, with an extremely friendly and supportive staff and management. A typical shift at Forever21 would be a lot of helping customers find what they're looking for(because it's such a large store) and doing your best to fit their needs, running around and putting clothing back in their proper home, cleaning, and a whole lot of multitasking. Luckily, employees are always willing to help each other. It is somewhat challenging to get used to. If you're not into a fast-paced environment, it is probably not the job for you.
Pros
Awesome staff, easy hours, shift changes and easy to get time off.
Cons
Long nights, lots of cleaning
Good Management
Seasonal Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 April 2017
Management really cares and tries their hardest to accommodate staff members with shifts.

Low salaries, over hiring of students, consistent on-call shifts, low benefits.
na
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2017
n/a
Was fun experience. Learned a lot about retail as there was always lots to do and always something new being brought to the table each day.
You definitely felt like you were part of a team that worked toward a collective goal. I loved being able to manage occurrences at the cash register and be the leader of my team of cashiers. I was able to work both as a leader as well as within a team.
worst
Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2017
This place needs more mature manager, management would talk about a person work ethic while him/her on the floor and not pulling them to the side
Management talk about someone on the floor to another associated while customer are in the store
Le mcdonald du retail
Associé aux ventes (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC23 March 2017
Bon emploi pour étudiant recherchant peu d'heure et horaire flexible. Vous détesterez la compagnie après un certain. Seul les plus fort s'en sorte vivant.

Mauvaise décision des grands patrons qui stress les gérants et indirectement le personnelle temporaire.
Pros
Personnel
Cons
Le nettoyage du plancher (la section des soldes)
entertaining
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 March 2017
I enjoyed working at forever 21 because the atmosphere was so much different then where I had worked before hand. Perfect job for someone who enjoys talking to new people.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 March 2017
Interaction with customers was fulfilling, especially if they came in unsure about what to purchase and I was able aid them in the decision-making process.
fun, easy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 March 2017
I'ts simple, the hours are pretty good and the management is pretty accepting. what i learned working; I learned more about retail, clothing retail especially.
Pros
if you work during school days its never really hectic.
Cons
if you work clothing shifts you cant leave until the whole stores clean (11:00pm max)
Horrible Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS14 March 2017
I worked at Forever 21 when it first opened in Dec 2013 the store manager was a horrible woman. She had favourites who she let get away with everything and she clearly hated some people who she made just as obvious to the entire staff. It was ridiculous. I quit as soon as I found new employment.
Pros
Beautiful store, great product, lots of fun employees.
Cons
Big store, horrible manager.
terrible place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 March 2017
hired over 100 people just to fire most of them after the 3 months, only cared about few staff members and gave them all the hours and didn't even give most the legal minimum, extremely unorganized.
Fast paced environment with great sales experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON24 February 2017
As a sales associate you sort, organize and clean up the clothing in the store as well as putting away the go-backs from the change room in your section along with assisting customers simultaneously. It is a busy store so having to accomplish the tasks and reach the sales goal can be challenging but it is a productive work experience.
Pros
Good Environment, Flexible breaks
Cons
Sometimes long hours, Lots to clean after hours
A good head start
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC22 February 2017
Forever 21 is a good head start for people who are starting their retail experience.
This store is a busy store since there's a lot of variety in clothes. Employees are in their each zone that when a customer needs assistance they will be assisted.
It's fun to work with your friends and that is what you will have in this store because you will for sure build a good relationship with everyone in the store.
Great group of people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 February 2017
Retail will always be stressful no matter what company you decide to work with, however, with the people i've worked with at Forever 21, I have learned that it could even out and balance the stress due to the optimistic people I worked with. Patience is what working at Forever 21 has taught me, positivity, and optimism.
Pros
Positivity, optimistic environment
Cons
stressful days, long overnight shifts sometimes
Fun workplace, good student job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 February 2017
Flexible hours, good place to learn work ethic, fast paced.

Good place for students looking for part-time work with flexible hours. You'll learn to multitask pretty well.
ok company
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2017
long hours, very busy, fashionable clothing, sometimes under staffed, working late nights, not alot of benefits, opportunity to grow, pay is not the greatest.
Productive and Fun
Customer Service, I (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 February 2017
work environment is amazing, employees and management also amazing. Not crazy about the pay and hours given! Learned so many new things working here. Love what I do here.
Productive and organized work place.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC30 January 2017
It is a well organized and friendly work environment. At first it was difficult understanding the warehouse work but later, I got more understanding of it and began working as an quality control member.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever 21. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7