Forever 21
1,683 reviews

Forever 21 Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
worse place to work at fairview mall
sales associate (Current Employee), Fairview MallMarch 29, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
If you like to be disrespected and treated unfairly this job is for you the store manager is the worst they lack leadership skills and communication the store is a absolute mess!
Fun work place, nice environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Laval, QCMarch 15, 2015
Pros: always busy when working, never bored
Cons: cleaning up when store closes takes very long
Learned how to be a good sales associate, how to help people in need. Got better and better through out my working experiences. But did not get the hours I wanted, only got one-three shifts a week when I wanted full time.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ON (Eaton Center)March 12, 2015
-I learned to work in a fast place environment
-The managers were very kind and understanding
-the hardest part of the job was standing on my feet for long hours, but i got used to it
-what i enjoyed most about my job was keeping myself occupied
Good Customer Service at Forever 21
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 13, 2015
A typical day work would be organizing clothes and providing good customer service. As a sales associate, we assist customers to find the best products they need. I learned to be organized, a fast learner, patient towards customers. Management gave helpful tips and they are very understanding with shifts. The hardest part of my job is closing the store. The most enjoyable part of my job is fulfilling all of the customers needs as they leave the store happy.
Enjoyable and rewarding workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: little to no hours
Forever 21 is an overall enjoyable workplace. The responsibilities are equally challenging and fun. The management tries their best at all times, but like any human sometimes falls short when it comes to problem solving. I very much enjoy working with my co-workers and management as they are all friendly and supportive. Overall Forever21 is a wonderful place to work and I am happy for the opportunity to work for this company.
Perfect place for student interested in making a little pocket money on the side.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: nothing. no benefits, 10% off. not even enough for tips
Cons: horrible management, over worked, underpayed, over staffed, on call shifts
FOREVER21 is not the place for anyone who has rent, car payments to make. This place is always overstaffed and no hours available unless you're a regular cashier.

Shifts are always on call.
You'll never move up in the company because they always hire within their own clicks of people.
Horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJanuary 25, 2015
Was not offered much hours.
Was not offered very much training before put in different areas of the store.
Productive and a very fast pace retail store to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 24, 2015
Working at forever 21 was great, because it was filled with amazing managers and employees. Great place to gain retail experience and also a great place to provide great customer service.
Productive, easy workplace
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: interested in fashion
Cons: hardly got any hours, managers were not very friendly
A typical day at Forever 21 was to maintain and clean my section of the store. Also to portray a great image of Forever 21 with excellent customer service. I learned the different fashion trends and the basics of working in retail. I got along very well with all my co-workers. The managers weren't as friendly and did not give many options with the work schedule. The hardest part of the job was making sure all clothes are put back into the correct spot. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was helping customers, vicing my opinion, and getting to know the people I worked with.
Bad management, fun environment
sales associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 25, 2014
Pros: chic and happy environment
Cons: unfair management
Shifts were extremely irregular, and only few ppl get most of the hours..and the rest of us, may be kept satisfied with 4 hr/week, I know someone who has been sacked but no explanation was given, while that friend of mine accepted the decision but really doesn't know what caused this abrupt decision, so I will say the management wasn't fair at all and, yes, shows favoritism.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 10, 2014
The management at Forever 21 was great. A typical work day, started off by checking out schedules and where you've been assigned to, knowing sales and promos and attending to customers.
Productive and fun place to work
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Victoria, BCNovember 5, 2014
Pros: good music
Cons: slower in the winter months
Overall Forever 21 is a good company to work for. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be having great coworkers and the good music. Hardest part would probably be overnight shifts every few weeks, although they were manageable.
productive place to gain experience
Team member, visuals and accessories (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 22, 2014
the company has rules but they dont really explain these rules to new intakes.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONOctober 16, 2014
Had fun meeting friendly people. Great environment however short hours.
Busy, fun with good music
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONOctober 15, 2014
Pros: discount on clothes
Cons: not enough hours
My typical day at work consisted of putting back clothing ("go-backs") from the fitting rooms back to the specific zone they came from, making sure customers had no trouble by asking customers if they need help with sizes, matching or finding what they are looking for.
Management and co=workers were awesome, full of energy and fun to work with, our managers were never rude or snappy, were very professional. The hardest part f this job for me was the first few closing shifts, because the store was so big and each worker had their own section to clean it often took quite a while to get the hang of it . most enjoyable part, well, being there around all the clothing, latest trends, helping customers. I really enjoy retail jobs!
Fun experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), vaughan, onOctober 5, 2014
Management was not the best at the time. Good entry-level job.
Good startup job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 1, 2014
A typical day at work would be me in the fitting rooms, helping customers get into their rooms and waiting till they are done to hang and tidy the clothes on hangers. Then I would sort the clothes to bring them to their rightful place/section in the store in order to bring them back to the sales floor for them to have another chance with a different customer.
Other days would be me featured on the sales floor, asking customers if they need any assistance finding anything. Or being on cash and ringing them up.
Fun work environment with lots of responsibilities
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 15, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: messy store
-Mostly cleaning and customer service.
-i have learned to be efficient and work faster to get things done.
-Your section had to be clean for you to go home or somedays you have to help everyone else with their section.
-Specially on weekends the store would be a mess. Cleaning the store was quite time consuming and exhausting.
-It is still one of favourite stores. The clothes are really great and affordable.
poor
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 12, 2014
not a good place to work fulltime, overworked not enough pay
You work with friendly people but there is alot of issues with some.
customer service (Former Employee), dartmouthJuly 16, 2014
Working at forever 21, there was good co-workers and also alot that gave a negative vibe and tried to up-do you instead of helping you