Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Amazing Experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 January 2017
This was my first job working in retail as a seasona sales associate.
I enjoyed the experience, managers were very accomodating and the staff was extremely welcoming. I was sad to learn that my contract had ended, and will likely reapply when they are hiring again in the summer.
Overall fun experience.
Pros
Welcoming staff, frequent small breaks, flexible schedules
Cons
10% discount
Highly productive and efficient in customer services for all ages.
Sales & Visual Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON10 May 2016
Working at Forever 21 was a great way to understand and build a strong foundation in critical communication and customer service skills within the retail sector. Our shifts consisted of consistent customer-oriented interaction in order to match their needs to the best of our ability, offering promotional information and advice for all individuals. Co-workers are extremely well coordinated, with strong work ethic and team work skills in order to ensure each section of the store was well-maintained and all customer needs were met.
Pros
Highly customer-oriented staff, strong work ethic and team work, friendly working environment
Cons
Busy place where you develops friendships and work ethic
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 August 2016
A typical day a work whether it is on cash or on the floor serving costumers it is pretty busy, probably one of the busiest store in the Rideau Mall. I usually work an 8 hour shift and take 30 mins lunch break, however sometime if it gets super busy so it is impossible to do so. the staff is enjoyable to work with. I would say the hardest thing in this job is to maintain your patience once a costumer is upset or there is so much happening at once in the store and it happens that we are short on staff the day, but nothing that cannot be fixable.
Pros
Able to take a 10 if needed
Cons
Sometimes you are needed over your 10 or lunch hours
Fun Environment with Messy Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS13 September 2016
Forever 21 is a very welcoming and family type work experience but it is also an employer to over 40 employees. With only a few managers and all over the place hours your shifts were disorganized, hard to meet your expectations with such a large working space and you usually were held late if you closed without contacting your transportation. I enjoyed the people and the atmosphere like i said, but it defiantly isn't a prosperous job.
Pros
Friendly environment, Work Challenges
Cons
disorganized store and held back
Work Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2016
The management team needs more training, the work environment is not bad. I enjoy the company of my co-workers, and the costumers. I learned the value of team work.
The employees there were very nice but the atmosphere was very delicate.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 April 2016
The management within the work environment that I was apart of, would consistently out you under scrutiny, even if you did not do anything wrong. They always assumed the worst out of people, and if you were a good employee they would never regonize it. I called in sick twice once because of a sinus infection, and the other because of a viral infection. I was always 15 minutes early, willing to stay late if needed, and would take other peoples shifts, and that went un-noticed.

The employees tried to make the best of it though and would happily talk to customers, and sing along to the music while they worked.
fun place to work but management chooses favorites
Sales Associate, Stock, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 June 2016
This job was convenient for me when i was attending university because the flexible hours. Got to meet a lot of new people, and the work environment was stressful at times but always fun. However, i was lucky that the management liked me, but i also seen how they treated other employees which was highly unfair.
Pros
meet great people, flexible work hours
Cons
Management could make the job difficult
fun workplace / great team spirit
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 July 2016
the job is quite awesome but the long hours standing are most of the time so painful that you only want to sit and stay seated for two hours after your shift but otherwise great job!
Hard work place with not enough support
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2016
As a sales associate in a busy store you are required to multi-task in order to ensure the cleanliness of the store while helping customers.
I have learned how to adapt and complete my tasks to a very busy environment.
Management helps around the floor as we work as a team to have a good closing.
Working without support is the hardest part as it is a huge store and team work is the only way to maintain your part of the store.
Your co-workers are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Work parties
Assist customer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2016
I learned alot from forever 21 , how to deal with customers assist them when they need help organized clothing and put it in the proper place and proper rack.
Pros
Great emplyess
Cons
Very fast pace work environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 March 2016
Everyday at Forever 21 was busy, fast pace and involved an immense amount of multitasking. I learned to stay positive and learn quick. Management was so supportive and understanding, they truly creative a family feel among coworkers. The hardest part of working at Forever 21 was in an environment of such high traffic and minimal staff. That is where experience, prioritizing and communication were such an important part of the job to stay a float. The most enjoyable part was when you could truly satisfy a customer with making them feel confident in something they would typically never see themselves in.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Not enough hours to have enough staff on floor
Productive and organized work place.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC30 January 2017
It is a well organized and friendly work environment. At first it was difficult understanding the warehouse work but later, I got more understanding of it and began working as an quality control member.
Decent sales experience
Sales Associate/Stock/ (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2017
Not the best but it'll get the sense of sales across. It's get very crowded some times and the managers are not the best. MEns sections is a little too small for my liking but it has decent clothes
Pros
Okay breaks
Cons
Messy and crowded
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2016
Forever 21 was my first retail job. There I grew not only professionally but also personally. Soon the management team fell apart and as retail goes many employees dropped like dead flies. I stayed for some time to see new generations hire, but soon my time to leave came as well. No matter where I go now I always refer to my experience at Forever 21 as it was great. Still today I keep in touch with my managers and many of my coworkers. However if you are not a fan of bratty teens (sometimes moms) perhaps F21 isn't for you because 75% of your customers are exactly that. Also expect to work late nights as customers are ruthless and flip your store upside down without considering the fact that you (also a human being with no more than two hands) have to clean up after all of them and restore the store back to its NCO (Neat, clean and organized) racks, tables and displays just how the visuals left them in the afternoon.
didn't like it at these places
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 January 2017
i didn't think the staff was friendly and they had managers come in from LA which were very rude to us. they didn't treat us with respect and made me feel stupid in front of customers
Working at XXI
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 November 2016
Everyone working there was lazy, and had cliques. The managers all talked bad about certain sales associates.The discount was also very low comparing to the wage we were getting paid.
Pros
Close to a food court.
Cons
Bad-Mouthing Managers.
Stock Clerk
Customer Care/Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2016
It's a great place to work under pressure and with staff. However, the managers act more like boss than show leadership. I learned that working with staff, I am more likely to learn a lot of about skills to improve my daily tasks.
Fun workplace, good student job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 February 2017
Flexible hours, good place to learn work ethic, fast paced.

Good place for students looking for part-time work with flexible hours. You'll learn to multitask pretty well.
Fun and hardworking
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON17 May 2016
A typical day at work consisted of my mowing and maintaining 8-10 lawns. Management was done very well and everyone was treated fairly. The hardest part of my job was struggling with the heat and being outside for multiple hours. The most enjoyable part of my job was the bond I shared with my co workers.
Pros
Delicious Lunches
Cons
was very hot when working outside for hours on end
productive
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2017
taught me how to be a good customer service rep. and how to deal with customers and bad situations . skills i can use in the real world at any time today

2.7