Forever 21 Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive & Fun workplace
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ONJanuary 16, 2016
Typical days at work usually start very early in the morning opening the store. I have learned great skills on how to work efficiently and well with others especially when organizing merchandise in the back of our stock room. The people I work with are usually very friendly and personable. The hardest part is lifting heavy stock boxes in the back and the most enjoyable part is working on the floor interacting with the customers.
Pros
Good work team
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive and friendly work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONFebruary 17, 2016
A typical day at work was fun and interesting. There was always something to do and I was always busy. My co-workers and mangers were all great. The hardest part of the job was keeping the work area clean because things would always get moved around, such as clothes, jewelry and shoes. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the friendly people I worked with,
fast paced environment with many multi-tasking jobs
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 2, 2015
Greeting customers with a smile on your face is a must, thinking positively daily helped me enjoy my job. i learned that they are many different people in this world with different personalities and working here made me adapt to all of them. forever 21 was actually a wonderful job, management was usually very understanding, co-workers are actually amazing people and the music we played around the shop helped keep us going.
Pros
Mall discount
Cons
Misunderstanding customers
Fast-paced, fun work place!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 13, 2015
Many people I know tell me how even walking into Forever 21 gives them anxiety. Its so big, and has so many things to choose from. If customers think this -- just imagine working there. When you are on the floor, there is never a minute you get to yourself, ALWAYS something to do.

The hardest part about my job would probably have to be the cleaning. I TRULY believe, if every person were to work one day at this store, it would NEVER be a mess. Some nights we are there until 12:00 AM organizing the store, to make sure everything is perfect for the next morning.

Although, it can be difficult at times, dealing with keeping your section maintained, as well as helping out customers to ensure they leave with a smile on their face, my co-workers make a hard day at work, seem just fine. I remember when my old manager left, she got hired at H&M and they had literally told her "We are hiring you because if you can work retail in Forever 21... You can work retail anywhere!".
Pros
Seeing what comes in the store before we sell it
Normal Day at Forever 21
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 2, 2015
Management is the worst, do not understand requests or availabilities. Normal day at work is slow in the morning but gets busy by noon and especially around closing time. The best part of the job is know that customers are satisfied with the service and walked around with a happy purchase. I learned a lot working at Forever 21, I learned how to open and close the store; stock up what was needed around the cashier area, provide excellent service through phone (looking for item), learned to fold clothes properly (the way f21) wants it to be, learned to deal with change room and learned how to detect "theft" but to use recovery sentences.
Terrible experience
Co Manager of service and operations (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale shopping centreMarch 13, 2015
this role requires someone who is willing to go against all good will. Someone who has no problem treating those of less paying roles poorly. The sales associates are called "kids". I witnessed seasoned managers talk down to sales associates. This company treats everyone as an expendable person(s). This role is not Salary. So it's very very hard to control your own patrols when there are very important projects that need to be completed. The company rushes EVERYTHING. My experience was opening a new store before Xmas during construction. 500+ sales associates running around setting up the store with no safety gear while the store was under construction. Most employees had a problem with their pay. Most were not paid in excess of 38+ days. Do not work for this company. I left this company do to the lack of poor leadership and direction. This company lacks important structure. Their core values don't include treating their employees with much respect. This company has no integrity. You will also not be compensated enough to run a 40000 sq foot store that's 3 levels. Do not get caught up especially at Yorkdale shopping centre. There is a serious lack of leadership at that store.
Cons
10% discount very rude managers no work life balance
Must be able to work fast and efficiently
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 17, 2015
Must be able to work fast and efficiently in order to maintain the productivity of the floor. Must be friendly and help customers with finding their items. Must be able to properly communicate with others. Must be able to stand and work long hours ( may pass scheduled hours)
Cons
Long Hours
challenging but overall fun
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QCJune 15, 2016
The customer is king. Must try my best to satisfy the client.
Always smile and be positive. It was a friendly environment with all co-workers, we did organised a few work dinner to share our experience and anecdote.
Pros
Friendship
great place to work
Sales Associate & Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 7, 2016
I learned more about myself and that I enjoy working with customers and being in a fast pace environment.
I learned to work in a big team which enhanced my communication skills and made me become a better team player.
Pros
Great clothing
Cons
not enough hours
Not fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 21, 2016
Pressing managers
Annoy customers since managers want us to hover over each customer every second they are in the store.
Good people if your lucky to find a decent store.
Decent hours
Not very good pay
Pros
Short breaks
Cons
Manager presses you for numbers
Work life
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 6, 2015
I loved working at forever 21 I got along with everyone we were all a big family from time to time I see myself missing being in that environment. My typical day would be running clothes back on to the floor fixing displays speaking to district managers about the layout for the store and upcoming campaigns. Management was kind of shaky in the beginning because our head manager was never trained to be a head manager but she was a wonderful person nonetheless over time she became impeccable with her position. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a hundred different task and executing them all perfectly it put real pressure on me but I learned to preserve through that. The most enjoyable part was being able to work in an environment where I got along with everyone and loved coming into work everyday because I knew someone would put a smile on my face
Perfect place for student interested in making a little pocket money on the side.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2015
FOREVER21 is not the place for anyone who has rent, car payments to make. This place is always overstaffed and no hours available unless you're a regular cashier.

Shifts are always on call.
You'll never move up in the company because they always hire within their own clicks of people.
Pros
nothing. no benefits, 10% off. not even enough for tips
Cons
horrible management, over worked, underpayed, over staffed, on call shifts
Good workplace, nice environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 5, 2016
Co-workers and managers are very friendly. By the end of the night everyone is always on task and it is also enjoyable because everyone works as a team to make sure the store is at its best.
Not a good place to work ! choose another brands
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BCNovember 9, 2015
basically, hours you get per week can vary from 4 hrs to 44 hrs and it's not stable at all, there is no guarantee.
on the new stores managers are usually very young and not experienced, thinking only about numbers, they don't know how to motivate the employees and just keep pushing them with a very bad attitude, rude and mean.
some of the co-workers are nice and some of them trying to make the work environment unfriendly.
NOT recommended.
Cons
very low discount for employees, no shift security, not experienced managers, managers also so rudes and mean
Hard work in a busy environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 22, 2016
Great job great experience. Excellent first job great teams. Would highly recommend positive people always really nice. But on the whole amazing
Pros
the friendly people
Cons
working overtime
fast paced environment
ASM OF MERCHANDISING (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCApril 3, 2016
fast paced environment.
I love working with my co workers who strive the same and yet still making it a fun environment.
The hardest part of the job is getting the work done in allotted time as it is a big store.
Friendly workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCSeptember 24, 2015
You need to ready to work hard, you are constantly moving around from one corner to the other. Management isn't very organizes but still functional. Staying late to finish tasks that had to be done.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Long hours, Long travelling
productive work place with fun employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 2, 2016
it was really nice working there.
i really learned a lot from my co workers and employers.
i also enjoy shopping there
Overall, forever 21 is a nice place to work in
Big store with young energetic staff.
Cashier/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONAugust 27, 2015
Very big store with many tasks that need to be completed during the day to function at an efficient and productive level. As a stock associate the typical day would be receiving product, getting the product prepped and ready for the floor, and working hand in hand with the merchandising team to get said product to the floor. As a cashier, it can be pretty monotonous ringing through transactions as there aren't many slow periods especially during holidays or special sales. The staff is quite young and it is easy to make quick connections. The management team was very flexible and understanding when it came to scheduling. The most enjoyable part of the job was working closely with my co-workers.
visual stylist/ sales associate
Visual Accessories Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 5, 2016
customer service, learned how to do visual, management does favoritism amongst coworkers, lack of communication over all.