Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Overall a very positive and energetic work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 10, 2015
My day would usually start of with being assigned to either Fitting Room or a specific area of the store.
We will be notified of sales and promotions that we need to know of to make sure we let customers know.
I would get familiar with the work area, if I am on the floor then I will walk around familiarize myself with the items located in my area.
Once my shift start we keep the work area clean, retrieve clothing from fitting room that is specific to my area and out them back to their designated area.
If I am doing a closing shift, then we would make sure all clothing are clear from the fitting rooms and organize and clean all displays.
sucked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2015
worst job ever. Managers treat you like horrible even though they get paid like $2 more. They hired way more people then they needed to and then out of nowhere decided to just not give like 60% of us any shifts. They kept us there till like 2am cleaning the store and all the managers sucked and got switched around like 5 times and they only gave us two shifts a week.
Pros
Cons
short hours and only 2 shifts a week.
Be a people person
Cashier/Sale associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 1, 2015
This job you have to be able and willing to talk to who ever walks through the door. Have full knowledge of the entire store regardless of the size. They stretch you think by giving you the responsibility of the whole floor at times. I'm sorry minimum wage is not worth it.

They Management on the other hand was fantastic. They get to know you as a person and see your strengths and utilizes them. They are very understanding and run a tight ship to make sure things are done.
Pros
Employment achievement recognition, fabulous Management, first look at new stuff
Cons
horrible staff discount, limited hours, minimum wage
A fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 25, 2015
A typical day at forever 21 would be you would sign into the computer and then the manger would give you a section to look after and for the rest of the time you would be looking after your section picking up clothing and putting things away and helping costumers. I learned about a lot more about costumer service how to improve. The Mangement is very good they care about there employees. All of my co workers are very nice fun to be around. The hardest part of the job would be standing for long periods of time but i have learned to work around it. The most enjoyable part of my job would be seeing the costumers walking out of the store with a smile on there face cause they have found what they wanted .
It was challenging and fun.
SALES (Former Employee) –  Ottawa , OnJune 24, 2015
I liked working in forever 21 , because I learnt to work with other people , I learned to understand peoples individuality and problems . Although , sometimes it could get challenging having to balance out time .
Pros
Discounts and learnimg more about fashion
Sales Associate
Co-op Education (Former Employee) –  BramptonJune 22, 2015
Decent place, they would always pick favourites. Did what I was asked to do, it was more for myself and school then them. Management was very unorganized.
Forever 21
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 22, 2015
Though I worked for Forever 21 for a short time, I enjoyed the experience working as a sales associate. Management could have been a little more enthusiastic about being at work. I found their attitude affected my overall performance at work. The other sales associates were easy to work with and had helped me quite a bit.
Terrible Experience
Sales associate/cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, OnJune 11, 2015
Management had been terrible from the very first day I started working for the company back in 2011. Over time it just got worse, always unprofessional & on major power trips and have no clue how to treat people. Majority of gossip came from the management team. The company itself isn't good to their employees either. They randomly started making major changes to the company and cut hours drastically, started getting rid of positions & deducting people's pay.

Never received any incentives, bonuses, or gratis! Company does absolutely nothing for employees.

Work/life/balance doesn't exist with this company either- overworked & underpaid.

Best part of working here was my co workers (Not managers) because we all got along & it made work enjoyable.

As for customers on average they're pretty understandable biggest issue I ever had with customers was the company store policy (NO REFUNDS) but honestly such a high volume store you learn how to deal with a lot.
Pros
Staff members
Cons
High turn over, 10% discount, unorganized
Fun place to work with.
nice
fast learner
busy
sometimes messy
need a lot of people on the floor
hanger is easy to break
Fun place to work at !
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 8, 2015
My typical day at work, would be mainly helping people out and making customers feel welcomed. I would put away clothes from change rooms to the racks, make sure all hangers are facing one way and all pieces of clothing are where they should be. Everyone is very nice, my co-workers and mangers are nice. The Job isn't that hard, its pretty easy you just need to learn how to deal with certain customers, but once you've been in retail for a while, you get the hang of it. I love helping people choose outfits and seeing them sastifyid with my help. Seeing a customer smile makes me happy that I'm there to assist them on their shopping experience, just as I hope to receive on my shopping experience at any other store.
Pros
Great environment to wok in.
Cons
None!
Fun quick and easy
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 3, 2015
Your day at Forever 21 starts off by reviewing the daily target, ADS and UPT scores and yesterdays overall finish. Aside from helping customers accessorize or build an outfit for their evening, I have learned to work with cash and Interact transactions. I have also got to work in stock unboxing items for the new floor set and also will fill in spaces needed. The co-workers at Forever 21 make it very enjoyable to go back. After being there for almost two years, it's almost too sad to leave. I feel that the company's managerial skills are exceeding more than ever before as well as security. Nothing is hard unless you make it hard but it's about prioritizing. Your section will be messy at the end of the night if you don't keep an eye on it as well as your racks that you have to maintain within the fitting room. Aside from cleaning the sections that can sometimes take extra minutes, it's really fun working with customers who love the product they get and with all the co-workers who are more than happy to help.
Fun workplace with great management
Sales Associate/Cashier/Store Greeter (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 1, 2015
Lots of put backs and customer service. Have to be fashion-forward. Employees are all part of a team which makes the job easier and more fun.
Positive environment to work
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 29, 2015
The workplace environment was overall very optimistic and very fast paced. Managers and co-workers communicated with each other over any issues customer or store related. The most difficult part of the job was handling go backs at the end of the night (8 racks). The most enjoyable part of the job was working with an amazing staff and keeping up with the latest trends.
Pros
Down town core
Not so good working at f21
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dufferin, ONMay 13, 2015
Maybe it was because i joined the team when the store was opening, but i personally didnt enjoy my position at forever 21. It was very un organized, The manager made everyone come in to work even when there was too many of us.
Pros
Small shifts
Cons
No over time pay
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BcApril 28, 2015
I started off as a sal assoctiate, and I learned to work in high pressure enviroments. Management was understanding, and the coworkers were intimidating. The hardest part of the job was that I did not get much training so I lacked where some of the clothing went but I learned along the way.
Productive fun place with great co workers
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONApril 27, 2015
Typical day at work would be receive shipment, unpack, sensor, and hang all merchandise. I learned how to work at a fast past, help costumers, and get the job done in a certain amount of time.
Engaging, Fulfilling, but terrible environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  toronto,ONApril 24, 2015
Job was extremely fulfilling and enjoyed customer service aspect of it. Over the course of six months, I maintained relationships with returning customers who enjoyed my help and advice.

Management and environment was lacking. Very poor employee respect by management. Management or veterans look down at you, very passive-aggressive environment, unsympathetic to employee needs and wants. Poor hours. employees are told that they are EXPENDABLE.

On most occasions I was asked to stay until midnight when my shift ended at ten. I was not informed of the extremity of the overtime hours. Not recommended for high school students or anyone with university course-load. Was unprepared for the maltreatment and unreasonable expectations.

The experience it gives you in the retail field is amazing.
Pros
great experience learning how to deal with customers and make sales
Cons
unpredictable and unreasonable overtime hours and terrible management
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 23, 2015
Busy
Cash handling/ how to sell clothing
Great managment
Awesome co-workers!
Keeping up with all the cleaning
fulfilling customer needs!
Pros
gaining knowledge
Cons
hard on your feet
Overworked and Underpaid
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaApril 21, 2015
Management is terrible. Never agree to take an overnight shift to open a new store. They don't inform you of what you actually will be doing, instead, they overwork you and demand you to carry extremely heavy boxes back and forth. You get paid very little here as well. Although your coworkers are nice, it is difficult in communicating with your managers. They tend to ask you to stay a couple hours behind, or try to get you to stay at work for as long as you can.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Overworked, underpaid, only 10% discount
Productive and fast pace job
Manager of Service & Training (Current Employee) –  BurnabyApril 14, 2015
Great place to learn all the ins and outs of retail in a fast pace learning environment with skills that will help you with different types of situations.