Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun
Customer Service, I (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 February 2017
work environment is amazing, employees and management also amazing. Not crazy about the pay and hours given! Learned so many new things working here. Love what I do here.
A fun place to start working and great if you like to work in retail
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 December 2016
A typical day at work involved stocking the shelves and clothing tables. I improved in my organization skills. The management was good. My co-workers were very enthusiastic and upbeat.
The worst!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 August 2016
This is by far the worst retail job I have ever had. They hire so many people but only schedule a few people at a time. Closing is the worst because during the day there are hardly any employees working so the store becomes a disaster so when you come in at 6 for s closing shift the store is a nightmare because it hasn't been cleaned at all and no go backs have been done. They make you stay way past your scheduled hours when closing and show no appreciation for you doing so.

I only worked here for about 6 months and that was too long. In my 6 months I had 2 different store managers and saw 15-20 people quit. The management is horrible. The new store manager did absolutely nothing yet demanded so much from us. One night it was 11:30 (way past our supposed 10 pm scheduled time) and the store was still very messy and instead of helping us clean she stood behind the cash with her purse ready to go and played on her phone the entire time while we worked so hard and didn't end up leaving until after midnight. She didn't even say thank you.

The store was so messy it was nearly impossible to actually provide good customer service. There is no incentive to work hard here as you only get a measly 10% discount and no one ever tells you that your work is appreciated.

I could not be happier to have gotten a new job and quit f21. I would not recommend working here to anyone it is a horrible company.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor management, stressful work environment, bad employee discount
Fast Paced and Productive
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2016
Working for Forever 21 is a fast paced environment, that requires you to be alert and productive at all times. The staff is great to work with and everyone works well as a team!
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Long Hours on your feet
Busy place where you develops friendships and work ethic
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 August 2016
A typical day a work whether it is on cash or on the floor serving costumers it is pretty busy, probably one of the busiest store in the Rideau Mall. I usually work an 8 hour shift and take 30 mins lunch break, however sometime if it gets super busy so it is impossible to do so. the staff is enjoyable to work with. I would say the hardest thing in this job is to maintain your patience once a costumer is upset or there is so much happening at once in the store and it happens that we are short on staff the day, but nothing that cannot be fixable.
Pros
Able to take a 10 if needed
Cons
Sometimes you are needed over your 10 or lunch hours
Fun Environment with Messy Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS13 September 2016
Forever 21 is a very welcoming and family type work experience but it is also an employer to over 40 employees. With only a few managers and all over the place hours your shifts were disorganized, hard to meet your expectations with such a large working space and you usually were held late if you closed without contacting your transportation. I enjoyed the people and the atmosphere like i said, but it defiantly isn't a prosperous job.
Pros
Friendly environment, Work Challenges
Cons
disorganized store and held back
Productive and organized work place.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC30 January 2017
It is a well organized and friendly work environment. At first it was difficult understanding the warehouse work but later, I got more understanding of it and began working as an quality control member.
entertaining
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 March 2017
I enjoyed working at forever 21 because the atmosphere was so much different then where I had worked before hand. Perfect job for someone who enjoys talking to new people.
Decent sales experience
Sales Associate/Stock/ (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2017
Not the best but it'll get the sense of sales across. It's get very crowded some times and the managers are not the best. MEns sections is a little too small for my liking but it has decent clothes
Pros
Okay breaks
Cons
Messy and crowded
Fun workplace, good student job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 February 2017
Flexible hours, good place to learn work ethic, fast paced.

Good place for students looking for part-time work with flexible hours. You'll learn to multitask pretty well.
Working at XXI
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 November 2016
Everyone working there was lazy, and had cliques. The managers all talked bad about certain sales associates.The discount was also very low comparing to the wage we were getting paid.
Pros
Close to a food court.
Cons
Bad-Mouthing Managers.
terrible place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 March 2017
hired over 100 people just to fire most of them after the 3 months, only cared about few staff members and gave them all the hours and didn't even give most the legal minimum, extremely unorganized.
didn't like it at these places
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 January 2017
i didn't think the staff was friendly and they had managers come in from LA which were very rude to us. they didn't treat us with respect and made me feel stupid in front of customers
Stock Clerk
Customer Care/Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2016
It's a great place to work under pressure and with staff. However, the managers act more like boss than show leadership. I learned that working with staff, I am more likely to learn a lot of about skills to improve my daily tasks.
fun workplace / great team spirit
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 July 2016
the job is quite awesome but the long hours standing are most of the time so painful that you only want to sit and stay seated for two hours after your shift but otherwise great job!
Productive day at work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2016
A typical productive day at work, is every day at work. Learning how to deal with different customers that come into the store is an everyday challenge, but smiling and not getting frustrated or mad is something that helps through the situation. Co-workers bring work to life, co-workers are fun to talk to and bring your mode up. The hardest part of the job is trying to communicate with customers who can not speak English. The most enjoyable part of the job is closing time.
Pros
Good environment, co-workers get along well.
Cons
Management.
productive
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2017
taught me how to be a good customer service rep. and how to deal with customers and bad situations . skills i can use in the real world at any time today
Highly productive and efficient in customer services for all ages.
Sales & Visual Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON10 May 2016
Working at Forever 21 was a great way to understand and build a strong foundation in critical communication and customer service skills within the retail sector. Our shifts consisted of consistent customer-oriented interaction in order to match their needs to the best of our ability, offering promotional information and advice for all individuals. Co-workers are extremely well coordinated, with strong work ethic and team work skills in order to ensure each section of the store was well-maintained and all customer needs were met.
Pros
Highly customer-oriented staff, strong work ethic and team work, friendly working environment
Work parties
Assist customer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2016
I learned alot from forever 21 , how to deal with customers assist them when they need help organized clothing and put it in the proper place and proper rack.
Pros
Great emplyess
Cons
Great clothing but terrible magaement
Sale associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2016
At first it was a really great job but then a really good manager quit and from there I feel as the store went down hill. Nobody liked the new manager they hired. One day I hear that the assistant manager got forced to quit because of the other two managers. Doesn't stop there though, A couple weeks later the other two manager's quit ! So a bunch of important people flew in, took charge of everything and they even hired the old assistant manager back. oh don't get me started on how they mistreated me. I was getting trained to become the new assistant manager but because the head manager quit her opinion didn't matter anymore. it was really un fair and now I only got 15 hours in two weeks.
Pros
got to buy cute clothing
Cons
got expected to much for to much

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever 21. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7