Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Fun Environment with Messy Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSSeptember 13, 2016
Forever 21 is a very welcoming and family type work experience but it is also an employer to over 40 employees. With only a few managers and all over the place hours your shifts were disorganized, hard to meet your expectations with such a large working space and you usually were held late if you closed without contacting your transportation. I enjoyed the people and the atmosphere like i said, but it defiantly isn't a prosperous job.
Pros
Friendly environment, Work Challenges
Cons
disorganized store and held back
Busy place where you develops friendships and work ethic
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 17, 2016
A typical day a work whether it is on cash or on the floor serving costumers it is pretty busy, probably one of the busiest store in the Rideau Mall. I usually work an 8 hour shift and take 30 mins lunch break, however sometime if it gets super busy so it is impossible to do so. the staff is enjoyable to work with. I would say the hardest thing in this job is to maintain your patience once a costumer is upset or there is so much happening at once in the store and it happens that we are short on staff the day, but nothing that cannot be fixable.
Pros
Able to take a 10 if needed
Cons
Sometimes you are needed over your 10 or lunch hours
Productive day at work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 23, 2016
A typical productive day at work, is every day at work. Learning how to deal with different customers that come into the store is an everyday challenge, but smiling and not getting frustrated or mad is something that helps through the situation. Co-workers bring work to life, co-workers are fun to talk to and bring your mode up. The hardest part of the job is trying to communicate with customers who can not speak English. The most enjoyable part of the job is closing time.
Pros
Good environment, co-workers get along well.
Cons
Management.
fun place to work but management chooses favorites
Sales Associate, Stock, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 11, 2016
This job was convenient for me when i was attending university because the flexible hours. Got to meet a lot of new people, and the work environment was stressful at times but always fun. However, i was lucky that the management liked me, but i also seen how they treated other employees which was highly unfair.
Pros
meet great people, flexible work hours
Cons
Management could make the job difficult
Great clothing but terrible magaement
Sale associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 23, 2016
At first it was a really great job but then a really good manager quit and from there I feel as the store went down hill. Nobody liked the new manager they hired. One day I hear that the assistant manager got forced to quit because of the other two managers. Doesn't stop there though, A couple weeks later the other two manager's quit ! So a bunch of important people flew in, took charge of everything and they even hired the old assistant manager back. oh don't get me started on how they mistreated me. I was getting trained to become the new assistant manager but because the head manager quit her opinion didn't matter anymore. it was really un fair and now I only got 15 hours in two weeks.
Pros
got to buy cute clothing
Cons
got expected to much for to much
Hard work place with not enough support
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 12, 2016
As a sales associate in a busy store you are required to multi-task in order to ensure the cleanliness of the store while helping customers.
I have learned how to adapt and complete my tasks to a very busy environment.
Management helps around the floor as we work as a team to have a good closing.
Working without support is the hardest part as it is a huge store and team work is the only way to maintain your part of the store.
Your co-workers are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Highly productive and efficient in customer services for all ages.
Sales & Visual Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 10, 2016
Working at Forever 21 was a great way to understand and build a strong foundation in critical communication and customer service skills within the retail sector. Our shifts consisted of consistent customer-oriented interaction in order to match their needs to the best of our ability, offering promotional information and advice for all individuals. Co-workers are extremely well coordinated, with strong work ethic and team work skills in order to ensure each section of the store was well-maintained and all customer needs were met.
Pros
Highly customer-oriented staff, strong work ethic and team work, friendly working environment
Fun and hardworking
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ONMay 17, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of my mowing and maintaining 8-10 lawns. Management was done very well and everyone was treated fairly. The hardest part of my job was struggling with the heat and being outside for multiple hours. The most enjoyable part of my job was the bond I shared with my co workers.
Pros
Delicious Lunches
Cons
was very hot when working outside for hours on end
Amazing work team!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCJune 10, 2016
Forever 21 was an amazing place to work at. I absolutely loved it. You felt a real "team effort", we would always work in groups to finish up the store at closing times and everybody there is just so wonderful! The work ambiance is nice, and the clients are as well.
Pros
Great team, first to see the new clothing arrivals.
Cons
10% discount, not much hours.
Fun and dynamic place to work
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale MallMay 20, 2016
A typical day would be opening boxes received from the morning shipment, processed all the clothes and hung them on racks. Sometimes they need us to do sensor run or hanger run. Before closing the store, we make sure everything is cleaned in the stock room and go on the sales floor to help the sales associates.
Pros
Nice environment and friendly people
Good experience in the fashion and retail industry
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2016
A day at work for Forever 21 is regular. Clock in, do your assigned tasks, clean up, and clock out. I learned how to fold clothes, clean fixtures, and execute customer service properly. Co-workers come and go, but overall everything was good.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
closing the store
If You Have No Choice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 7, 2016
They didnt take in consideration of the care about their employees well being. Favoritism is a given to obtain frequent/ daily shifts.
Short Lunch Breaks, No Organization or Regulations or Order in the Workforce, Not a friendly or Positive Work Place to work for.

Working here made ready and have tolerance to deal with any un-easiness

But I do love their clothing some quality is cheap but the design and style are good and i usually shop online
Pros
Cute clothing
Cons
Short Lunch Breaks, No Organization or Regulations or Order in the Workforce, Not a freindly or Positive Work Place to be in, Low store- discount
The employees there were very nice but the atmosphere was very delicate.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 6, 2016
The management within the work environment that I was apart of, would consistently out you under scrutiny, even if you did not do anything wrong. They always assumed the worst out of people, and if you were a good employee they would never regonize it. I called in sick twice once because of a sinus infection, and the other because of a viral infection. I was always 15 minutes early, willing to stay late if needed, and would take other peoples shifts, and that went un-noticed.

The employees tried to make the best of it though and would happily talk to customers, and sing along to the music while they worked.
It was fun and prouductive working at Forever 21 I engoyed working there
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 5, 2016
This was a very good job I didn't have any complaints I enjoyed the time that I had there. We were very productive with the time that use at forever 21 we made sure that meant the needs of the customers shopping in the store.
Pros
the very organize
Cons
you work long hours with midemn breaks
Very fast pace work environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 30, 2016
Everyday at Forever 21 was busy, fast pace and involved an immense amount of multitasking. I learned to stay positive and learn quick. Management was so supportive and understanding, they truly creative a family feel among coworkers. The hardest part of working at Forever 21 was in an environment of such high traffic and minimal staff. That is where experience, prioritizing and communication were such an important part of the job to stay a float. The most enjoyable part was when you could truly satisfy a customer with making them feel confident in something they would typically never see themselves in.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Not enough hours to have enough staff on floor
challenging but overall fun
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QCJune 15, 2016
The customer is king. Must try my best to satisfy the client.
Always smile and be positive. It was a friendly environment with all co-workers, we did organised a few work dinner to share our experience and anecdote.
Pros
Friendship
Not fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 21, 2016
Pressing managers
Annoy customers since managers want us to hover over each customer every second they are in the store.
Good people if your lucky to find a decent store.
Decent hours
Not very good pay
Pros
Short breaks
Cons
Manager presses you for numbers
Entry level sales associate job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2016
Sales associate position at Forever 21 requires minimum to no experience.

A typical day includes folding clothes, hanging clothes on hangers and organizing different clothes in different designated areas.
fun workplace / great team spirit
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 27, 2016
the job is quite awesome but the long hours standing are most of the time so painful that you only want to sit and stay seated for two hours after your shift but otherwise great job!
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 22, 2016
Forever 21 was my first retail job. There I grew not only professionally but also personally. Soon the management team fell apart and as retail goes many employees dropped like dead flies. I stayed for some time to see new generations hire, but soon my time to leave came as well. No matter where I go now I always refer to my experience at Forever 21 as it was great. Still today I keep in touch with my managers and many of my coworkers. However if you are not a fan of bratty teens (sometimes moms) perhaps F21 isn't for you because 75% of your customers are exactly that. Also expect to work late nights as customers are ruthless and flip your store upside down without considering the fact that you (also a human being with no more than two hands) have to clean up after all of them and restore the store back to its NCO (Neat, clean and organized) racks, tables and displays just how the visuals left them in the afternoon.

2.7