Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment
Store Associate/Stock Associate/Visual Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 September 2017
Forever 21 is fast paced and strenuous on your body. Be prepared to be on your feet all day. Management is good, they always ensure you have breaks and will help pick up the slack where it's needed.
Everyone is friendly however I don't believe there is enough employees are at the store.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON11 September 2017
I wish there were more people to help out. For example, there should be an employee employed in shoes and another in accessories. Not one for both, since shoes and accessories are located all over the store.
Not happy with job description
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 September 2017
Fast paced, high fashion, very high expectations. Want more responsibility out of my position. Get to deal with all different kinds of people. Large staff base, minimal training.
Pros
Paid benefits
Cons
Hours of operation, discount
really fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 September 2017
forever 21 offers a lot of opportunities, meet a lot of great people learn how to do a great costumer service. You learn how to multitask and how to maintain and keep up with the companies budget and sales goal
Great coworkers - not so great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Metrotown, BC7 September 2017
Always too much to do, and they tried to get away with as little people as possible to work even on the busiest days. Closings were especially brutal - management would not have enough people on the floor in the mornings, and the mess would build up until the closing people came in. Some sections would be a disaster at that point and take forever to clean.
Pro and cons
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON5 September 2017
Personal experience staff were nice and chill, disliked the fact that it doesn't have a dress code their dress code is "wear what ever makes you comfortable as long as you don't show too much skin. Shorts, skirts and dresses had to be a work appropriate length"
Pros
The staff were supper chill.
Cons
Didn't like the 5pm-11pm shift.
Cluttered
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 August 2017
I worked there for a seasonal position and I didn't like it. Management was a little all over the place and I didn't receive any training at all. I would've been able to handle that but my fellow co-workers were hard to work with and I didn't feel all that welcome to be there.
Pros
Discount on merchandise
Cons
Environment
Very welcoming. The atmosphere reminded me of high-school-- Very social.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 August 2017
One would start the day usually at 8am, first removing all the censors below the main cash on the top-floor and bringing them to the stock area, then one would prowl each floor for stray hangers, put the hangers on rolling-racks and then place them near the second-floor cash area wherein the stock stock associates would spend around 2hrs unpacking, organizing, re-pricing (if needed), censoring, re-organizing (to colour, to weight, to gender, to season) onto the rollin-rack. You are taught these things in the first week. During the weekends, one may be working alone (Only if you know what you are doing) and you basically manage yourself. There is also a quota that needs to be fulfilled. As in, the number of boxes of clothes left for you from the previous weekday's stock associates is what one would have to complete in order for the next shipment of product to arrive and be organized cleanly within the stockroom. At the end of each shift, one would do a basic clean-up of the stock area. And also, at the end of each shift, one would report on paper and to a manager whatever one had accomplished or had left for the next day.
Pros
You get to listen to your music.
Over worked and under appreciated
Lead Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 August 2017
-Lack of communication
-I was a glorified sales associate
-They over work you
-There's no structure
-Head office is terrible
-Babysitting the associates
-Felt very unappreciated
-Everything is based on personal opinion not company standard
-Rude customers
-Managers are always "too" busy with something else
-Expectations are way too high
-Head Office treats you like garbage
-Discount is worthless
-Constant change
-Getting rushed a lot
-no organization
Pros
My coworkers
Cons
Great for learning the basics of Retail, definitely not long-term
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 August 2017
The company is way to big and makes way too little to care about their employees. It was so hard to move up in the company and although you worked hard no one really notices the devotion. I can definitely say I learned a lot and gained many skills from working with the company. However, I can also guarantee it is not a company you would like to stay with long-term. Their DMs and RMs are snakes and they don't like to take the blame so they pin it onto their store managers. Their loss prevention and management was horrible. Many of the great people I worked with have left the company based of the unfair treatment we were given MULTIPLE times there.
Pros
Great retail experience
Cons
Terrible management

Want to know more about Forever 21?

Ask a question
Nice but the
Sales Associate, Cashier & Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 July 2017
I loved the job, but the manager are always angry and there is a lot of gossips! this things changed when they changed the manager. overall I love the costumers, I quit only cause I moved to another city
Pros
Discount
Cons
Closing and Gossips
hard work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairview, ON27 July 2017
It's been a very fun job but very tiring as well. Co-workers are very friendly but hours are very low, and are reduced from time to time to make room for newer associates which is unfair.
Environnement correct
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC26 July 2017
C'est un gros magasin alors chacun s'occupe de ses tâches. Les patrons nous disent quoi faire et viennent. Nous évaluer après.
Pros
Esprit d'équipe
Cons
Courtes pause
I was never trained, and never paid overtime
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS23 July 2017
They made me clock in/out at midnight so I wouldn't get paid overtime.
They never trained me (maybe to save money), and expected me to know how everything runs when they were very aware it was my first job.
NO HOURS!!!!!
Treated unfairly.
They hire on too many workers.
They let people go people to save money.
Pros
One of the managers were nice
Cons
No hours
Amazing Job, Love Everyone I Work With!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 July 2017
I absolutely love this job - the management team is great and super understanding: they follow your availability and allowed me to work 0 hours some weeks when I needed (for school), or to work "full time" hours others. Super kind and all the coworkers are great, we have fun together and I personally love closing shifts just for the conversations and banter. Was initially afraid of the job as there were so many negative reviews - but I'm sure ones experience is largely based on management. A simple look at my day:

- clock in, have a 5 minute meeting with coworkers & managers
- "clean" (fold, fix displays, etc) & greet customers
- hand customers bags, go around making sure everyones doing alright
- do "go backs" (clearing stuff from the fitting room)

For me, the hardest part of the job has been, for lack of a better word, "pushing" sales on customers - i.e bringing them clothing suggestions without them asking, or going up to them when they clearly don't want you to. One thing you have to prepare for is having LOTS of customers flat out ignore or reject you. Then again, I think that's based on personality - and I'm quite shy.

All in all, I love it here, and am only temporarily leaving while I'm away for university.

My pay also went from $11.25 to $11.55 within a few months of working there, and wages are expected to rise again in October (per new laws, I believe).
Pros
Great Management, Amazing Staff, Good Hours, Fun Work Environment
Cons
Only 10% Discount, Pushing Sales
Great employees
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 July 2017
The people whom I work with are an amazing group.Unfortunately the warehouse that I was working in is being shut down and we were not given any sort of notice really in advance other than 2 weeks which does not allow for an entire Warehouse of employees time to find new positions elsewhere.
Pros
My coworkers
Cons
Unorganized
pretty good
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 July 2017
Sales Associate usually depends on where the managing team likes you to be and where you excel in . For where i work its really good because all the managers are super nice and usually everyone hates their boss its natural but my boss is really nice plus they managers. I like the environment because it is very laid back and its very friendly place and i can get along with most people that work there and make new friends. The hardest part about the job is people that steal because you are technically supposed to watching out for them but at the same time you are not allowed to say anything to them or to "accuse" them of stealing even though you saw them. Another would be an employ slacking and there is usually just one where i work but it can be very frustrating.
Pros
bosses are nice to you
Cons
hardly any hours
Horrible Company To Work At
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC10 July 2017
Horrible hours in a week
Management is terrible
Coworkers are fun to be with
Managers are unfair
Dont know what fashion is
Too much drama
Visual Merchandisers are rude
Managers are mean, disrespectful and rude to their OWN coworkers

DO NOT APPLY HERE!
Pros
Coworkers were super fun
Part Time Job
Lead Sales Associate & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2017
pays my tuition
hard to focus on customer servicer, cleaning, and putting clothes back all at the same time
There isn't much communication in the organization
Fun environment
Stockboy and customer service (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC28 June 2017
You get to work with a lot of people. The atmosphere is young and energetic. The job is easy enough, only hard part can be process large amounts of stock or moving it around.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever 21. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7