Forever 21 Employee Reviews

hard work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairview, ON27 July 2017
It's been a very fun job but very tiring as well. Co-workers are very friendly but hours are very low, and are reduced from time to time to make room for newer associates which is unfair.
Environnement correct
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC26 July 2017
C'est un gros magasin alors chacun s'occupe de ses tâches. Les patrons nous disent quoi faire et viennent. Nous évaluer après.
Pros
Esprit d'équipe
Cons
Courtes pause
I was never trained, and never paid overtime
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS23 July 2017
They made me clock in/out at midnight so I wouldn't get paid overtime.
They never trained me (maybe to save money), and expected me to know how everything runs when they were very aware it was my first job.
NO HOURS!!!!!
Treated unfairly.
They hire on too many workers.
They let people go people to save money.
Pros
One of the managers were nice
Cons
No hours
Amazing Job, Love Everyone I Work With!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 July 2017
I absolutely love this job - the management team is great and super understanding: they follow your availability and allowed me to work 0 hours some weeks when I needed (for school), or to work "full time" hours others. Super kind and all the coworkers are great, we have fun together and I personally love closing shifts just for the conversations and banter. Was initially afraid of the job as there were so many negative reviews - but I'm sure ones experience is largely based on management. A simple look at my day:

- clock in, have a 5 minute meeting with coworkers & managers
- "clean" (fold, fix displays, etc) & greet customers
- hand customers bags, go around making sure everyones doing alright
- do "go backs" (clearing stuff from the fitting room)

For me, the hardest part of the job has been, for lack of a better word, "pushing" sales on customers - i.e bringing them clothing suggestions without them asking, or going up to them when they clearly don't want you to. One thing you have to prepare for is having LOTS of customers flat out ignore or reject you. Then again, I think that's based on personality - and I'm quite shy.

All in all, I love it here, and am only temporarily leaving while I'm away for university.

My pay also went from $11.25 to $11.55 within a few months of working there, and wages are expected to rise again in October (per new laws, I believe).
Pros
Great Management, Amazing Staff, Good Hours, Fun Work Environment
Cons
Only 10% Discount, Pushing Sales
Great employees
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 July 2017
The people whom I work with are an amazing group.Unfortunately the warehouse that I was working in is being shut down and we were not given any sort of notice really in advance other than 2 weeks which does not allow for an entire Warehouse of employees time to find new positions elsewhere.
Pros
My coworkers
Cons
Unorganized
pretty good
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 July 2017
Sales Associate usually depends on where the managing team likes you to be and where you excel in . For where i work its really good because all the managers are super nice and usually everyone hates their boss its natural but my boss is really nice plus they managers. I like the environment because it is very laid back and its very friendly place and i can get along with most people that work there and make new friends. The hardest part about the job is people that steal because you are technically supposed to watching out for them but at the same time you are not allowed to say anything to them or to "accuse" them of stealing even though you saw them. Another would be an employ slacking and there is usually just one where i work but it can be very frustrating.
Pros
bosses are nice to you
Cons
hardly any hours
Horrible Company To Work At
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC10 July 2017
Horrible hours in a week
Management is terrible
Coworkers are fun to be with
Managers are unfair
Dont know what fashion is
Too much drama
Visual Merchandisers are rude
Managers are mean, disrespectful and rude to their OWN coworkers

DO NOT APPLY HERE!
Pros
Coworkers were super fun
Part Time Job
Lead Sales Associate & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2017
pays my tuition
hard to focus on customer servicer, cleaning, and putting clothes back all at the same time
There isn't much communication in the organization
Fun environment
Stockboy and customer service (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC28 June 2017
You get to work with a lot of people. The atmosphere is young and energetic. The job is easy enough, only hard part can be process large amounts of stock or moving it around.
Terrible management and lack of security.
Sales Associate/ Stock (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 June 2017
The hours given were exhausting, and had a lack of security in the stock room due to over stocking in merchandise. Management was unorganized, causing the store to run behind.
Pros
Handful of good coworkers.
Cons
Unfair shifts.

Want to know more about Forever 21?

Ask a question
Fun workplace
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2017
I didn't work here for long but in my short time, I had a very fun experience. The easy part about working here was putting out the clothes, it was easy to identify where everything was put, which made work much easier.
Unprofessional company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Yonge and Dundas15 June 2017
Reactive instead of Proactive.
Do not understand fashion retail.
No support from Head Office.
Almost all locations way under sales targets yet company itself blames individual stores instead of looking to what actually is the overall issue.
Sales Associates know very little about fashion or customer service.
fast paced and hectic
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 June 2017
forever 21 is a very fast paced company to work for, and although that is what I like, they expect too much of their employees without providing the proper training.
Great Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON31 May 2017
Great place to work at. You will learn fast-paced, and communication skills. The job requires team work and understanding of the product in order to succeed.
Fun workplace with excellent customers.
Sales associate/stock-room associate/fitting room (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 May 2017
My typical day at work varies with what they need/expect to be done throughout the day. I have experience with every position within the company. I have learned a lot about the company & how they do things throughout the store to ensure the best customer service. The management includes an abundance of people and every one of them have the best intentions for the store and the employees. I don't find anything to be significantly challenging about this particular job.
The most enjoyable part of my job here at Forever21 is just being apart of the company and working my hardest.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
N/a
fun
Sale associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2017
it was very fun working with different people with different views, values and beliefs. altho the hours where long and hard, the people I was working with made it all with it, we had laughs, had lots of fun and at the end of the day the work got don on time.
Adored the Team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC2 May 2017
As anyone should know, working in retail, especially such a big brand like forever21, is a pain. However working there i developed very important work related skills such as customer service, back stock management, selling skills, and so on. The team is relatively changing but you still manage to make very nice connections with almost everyone and it helps to keep the job bearable because you are with nice relatable co workers.
The pay is too low for anyone who isnt new. And the employees ''advantages'' feel like a joke. I wouldnt work there again but I do feel like it made me a much better worker.
Pros
team, helps skill set, fresh environment
Cons
salary, advantages, schedules
Fast paced busy enviormnt
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC28 April 2017
Fast paced busy enviormnt to work in. Best part - Constantly meeting new people. Promoting inside sales and deals.Learning new things. There were more than 200 employees in the store and wasn't receiving enough hours to move up/get noticed for the hard work i did do when there. Staff was fun to meet/work with by meeting so many new people. Typical day- promoting current deals/sales. Greeting customers. Assisting customers to find particular piece of clothing they are looking for. Folding/hanging/orginizing. Responsible for a new section each shift. etc.
Pros
meeting new people, working in fast paced environment
Cons
little to no hours, management wasn't to friendly, wouldn't approve long requested time off.
Great start to gain experience about Customer Service
Sales Associate/Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 April 2017
Typical day at work would include talking to customer and identifying what they need. Cashing customers and dealing with different personas. I learned to handle customers in a very positive and kind attitude. Managements are very nice and the place is really diverse. The hardest part of the job would be closing late and not getting enough pay/raises. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with all the great people even when the day gets incredibly tiring.
good part-time job
Part-time Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham,on25 April 2017
- great place to work as a part-time position
Full time is good to only if you feel that it should be the place for you for many years ahead.
Management at the time i was working was great, however it has made many changes since then.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever 21. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7