Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment with great sales experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON24 February 2017
As a sales associate you sort, organize and clean up the clothing in the store as well as putting away the go-backs from the change room in your section along with assisting customers simultaneously. It is a busy store so having to accomplish the tasks and reach the sales goal can be challenging but it is a productive work experience.
Pros
Good Environment, Flexible breaks
Cons
Sometimes long hours, Lots to clean after hours
Horrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2017
Such a terrible work environment. Upper management doesn't care about you as an employee and nothing you complete is good enough. Pay is extremely low for the amount of tasks to complete. Upper management expects you to complete an unattainable amount of tasks and every criticism is negative. Was constantly told "not good enough" while other managers spend their whole day sitting in the office playing on their phone. Store manager is incompetent and requests completely illogical tasks.
Do not recommend working here.
Pros
Most staff are nice
Cons
Long hours, low pay, terrible life and work balance, incompetent managers
Great group of people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 February 2017
Retail will always be stressful no matter what company you decide to work with, however, with the people i've worked with at Forever 21, I have learned that it could even out and balance the stress due to the optimistic people I worked with. Patience is what working at Forever 21 has taught me, positivity, and optimism.
Pros
Positivity, optimistic environment
Cons
stressful days, long overnight shifts sometimes
A good head start
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC22 February 2017
Forever 21 is a good head start for people who are starting their retail experience.
This store is a busy store since there's a lot of variety in clothes. Employees are in their each zone that when a customer needs assistance they will be assisted.
It's fun to work with your friends and that is what you will have in this store because you will for sure build a good relationship with everyone in the store.
Horrible Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS14 March 2017
I worked at Forever 21 when it first opened in Dec 2013 the store manager was a horrible woman. She had favourites who she let get away with everything and she clearly hated some people who she made just as obvious to the entire staff. It was ridiculous. I quit as soon as I found new employment.
Pros
Beautiful store, great product, lots of fun employees.
Cons
Big store, horrible manager.
Amazing Experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 January 2017
This was my first job working in retail as a seasona sales associate.
I enjoyed the experience, managers were very accomodating and the staff was extremely welcoming. I was sad to learn that my contract had ended, and will likely reapply when they are hiring again in the summer.
Overall fun experience.
Pros
Welcoming staff, frequent small breaks, flexible schedules
Cons
10% discount
tightly run ship, and not in a good way
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2016
- management is extremely picky and will breathe down your neck constantly
- only one manager organizes the schedule so you can have a great relationship with every other manager and still not get a lot of shifts
- shifts ranged from 3 hours to 8 hours
- the back room for employees was extremely small with such a large staff, always tight, exposed wires everywhere
- fellow employees were really sweet, mostly in their 20's
Pros
looking at clothes?
Cons
shift length ranged dramatically
An enjoyable/fustrating working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 January 2017
Being to yourself as you neatly put away the abundant amount of clothes. I learnt how to correctly organize and hang any of their products. The management was very friendly but i did feel a sense of sometimes coldness and snobbishness. Though the job was a seasonal one i did not enjoy the concept of myself having to call and not being given a solid shift, where i had to call a couple of hours to find out if my shift was still proceeding. I found it very frustrating and not productive. The workplace culture was very down to earth and fashionable, close to my desired environment. The hardest part of the job was trying to complete my duties without any training. And my most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with clients and making new friends.
Pros
Located in Downtown Montreal, close to school
Cons
On call concept, disorganized management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2016
there are many locations that have Forever 21 so i cannot write a review on all the store only the one i previously worked at which was fairview.
over all forever 21 is a store which attracts alot of customers so you would be expected to stay longer past you shifts.
Forever 21 makes you work full-time hours even if you are a part-time Sales Associate.
You get no free time for yourself.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Low-end Job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2016
As with most mass market retailers, management is a gamble. Work culture is mundane. Benefits are hidden from workers and avoided handing out to those other than managers.
Most workers are young high-school or university students so the environment is also a gamble.
You job security and advancement is purely based on manager favoritism.
Avoid this store...
Customer only, but not any more! (Former Employee) –  Uptown, Victoria, BC16 November 2016
A filthy store, never cleaned. You see piles of dirt and huge dust bunnies everywhere. Management is untrained, unprofessional, and lazy! I've been in the store when so called management was berating staff, and sitting on their cell phones. Clothing is cheaply made. Avoid this store for shopping and/or employment!
Pros
Cons
Managers, store environment, horrible treatment of staff
fun, easy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 March 2017
I'ts simple, the hours are pretty good and the management is pretty accepting. what i learned working; I learned more about retail, clothing retail especially.
Pros
if you work during school days its never really hectic.
Cons
if you work clothing shifts you cant leave until the whole stores clean (11:00pm max)
Good part-time job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON18 January 2017
It was a very chaotic store and management was poor. However, i loved my co-workers and enjoyed my diversity within the company. I would not want to work there again because of the overwhelming volume of work that was expected from the employees.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Management needed work
It was a fun place to work a lot of amazing people.
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC17 October 2016
My personal review about the company was no guarantee in keeping your job. The staff was hard working a lot of favoritism went on in the warehouse.The benefits the company offered was amazing,although there were a lot of very unrealistic deadlines.I enjoyed the position I was doing,but due to certain circumstances I had to find a job that paid me a few extra thousand dollars a month.If was given a choice of going back I would, but I really don't think I could.All in all, it is a fast-paced environment and if you are willing to sweat a lot and feel great afterward it is a really great place to get a workout in.
Pros
Free lunches on Saturday's
Cons
Long extensive hours.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 December 2016
This is my first retail job since I graduated college. Forever21 is fashion retails which related to my career and what I've studied in school. It was great time and experiences to working here. I got great friends and we treat each other as family. I am very grateful for being part of Forever 21 team!
Fun Environment with Messy Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS13 September 2016
Forever 21 is a very welcoming and family type work experience but it is also an employer to over 40 employees. With only a few managers and all over the place hours your shifts were disorganized, hard to meet your expectations with such a large working space and you usually were held late if you closed without contacting your transportation. I enjoyed the people and the atmosphere like i said, but it defiantly isn't a prosperous job.
Pros
Friendly environment, Work Challenges
Cons
disorganized store and held back
Productive and organized work place.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC30 January 2017
It is a well organized and friendly work environment. At first it was difficult understanding the warehouse work but later, I got more understanding of it and began working as an quality control member.
Decent sales experience
Sales Associate/Stock/ (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2017
Not the best but it'll get the sense of sales across. It's get very crowded some times and the managers are not the best. MEns sections is a little too small for my liking but it has decent clothes
Pros
Okay breaks
Cons
Messy and crowded
A fun place to start working and great if you like to work in retail
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 December 2016
A typical day at work involved stocking the shelves and clothing tables. I improved in my organization skills. The management was good. My co-workers were very enthusiastic and upbeat.
Stock Clerk
Customer Care/Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2016
It's a great place to work under pressure and with staff. However, the managers act more like boss than show leadership. I learned that working with staff, I am more likely to learn a lot of about skills to improve my daily tasks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever 21. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7