Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Low-end Job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2016
As with most mass market retailers, management is a gamble. Work culture is mundane. Benefits are hidden from workers and avoided handing out to those other than managers.
Most workers are young high-school or university students so the environment is also a gamble.
You job security and advancement is purely based on manager favoritism.
An enjoyable/fustrating working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 January 2017
Being to yourself as you neatly put away the abundant amount of clothes. I learnt how to correctly organize and hang any of their products. The management was very friendly but i did feel a sense of sometimes coldness and snobbishness. Though the job was a seasonal one i did not enjoy the concept of myself having to call and not being given a solid shift, where i had to call a couple of hours to find out if my shift was still proceeding. I found it very frustrating and not productive. The workplace culture was very down to earth and fashionable, close to my desired environment. The hardest part of the job was trying to complete my duties without any training. And my most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with clients and making new friends.
Pros
Located in Downtown Montreal, close to school
Cons
On call concept, disorganized management
Horrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2017
Such a terrible work environment. Upper management doesn't care about you as an employee and nothing you complete is good enough. Pay is extremely low for the amount of tasks to complete. Upper management expects you to complete an unattainable amount of tasks and every criticism is negative. Was constantly told "not good enough" while other managers spend their whole day sitting in the office playing on their phone. Store manager is incompetent and requests completely illogical tasks.
Do not recommend working here.
Pros
Most staff are nice
Cons
Long hours, low pay, terrible life and work balance, incompetent managers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2016
there are many locations that have Forever 21 so i cannot write a review on all the store only the one i previously worked at which was fairview.
over all forever 21 is a store which attracts alot of customers so you would be expected to stay longer past you shifts.
Forever 21 makes you work full-time hours even if you are a part-time Sales Associate.
You get no free time for yourself.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
ok company
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2017
long hours, very busy, fashionable clothing, sometimes under staffed, working late nights, not alot of benefits, opportunity to grow, pay is not the greatest.
It was a fun place to work a lot of amazing people.
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC17 October 2016
My personal review about the company was no guarantee in keeping your job. The staff was hard working a lot of favoritism went on in the warehouse.The benefits the company offered was amazing,although there were a lot of very unrealistic deadlines.I enjoyed the position I was doing,but due to certain circumstances I had to find a job that paid me a few extra thousand dollars a month.If was given a choice of going back I would, but I really don't think I could.All in all, it is a fast-paced environment and if you are willing to sweat a lot and feel great afterward it is a really great place to get a workout in.
Pros
Free lunches on Saturday's
Cons
Long extensive hours.
Forever 21...
Sales associate and sorter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 November 2016
Management wasn't great, expected too much out of employees with minimum wage, no benefits, nothing. Would not work there again.
stressful workplace
Sales Associate and Cashier and stock (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 March 2016
the work is slavery,
you don't go home till 1am sometimes = feet HURT after work
they do not put any staff during the day so for the 6pm shift the store is a DISASTER!
so the closing shift does all the work and gets the store ready for the next day,
the hours are bad= not regular or no hours at all
horrible discount (only 10%)
need to have lots of patience with customers and messes
employees cant make purchases while working (cant get paid to buy something... so i stopped buying their clothes)
the ONLY thing i enjoyed was the people i worked with (minus rude managers with attitude who don't help you do any work, just sit in the back room and hide)
the CEO is on forbs list= top 500 riches people of the world yet pay their employees minimum wage and the discount for employees is only 10%....
no one should work here
Cons
NO INCENTIVES, no work parties - no christmas party, long closing shifts, 5 cent raises
tightly run ship, and not in a good way
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2016
- management is extremely picky and will breathe down your neck constantly
- only one manager organizes the schedule so you can have a great relationship with every other manager and still not get a lot of shifts
- shifts ranged from 3 hours to 8 hours
- the back room for employees was extremely small with such a large staff, always tight, exposed wires everywhere
- fellow employees were really sweet, mostly in their 20's
Pros
looking at clothes?
Cons
shift length ranged dramatically
Avoid this store...
Customer only, but not any more! (Former Employee) –  Uptown, Victoria, BC16 November 2016
A filthy store, never cleaned. You see piles of dirt and huge dust bunnies everywhere. Management is untrained, unprofessional, and lazy! I've been in the store when so called management was berating staff, and sitting on their cell phones. Clothing is cheaply made. Avoid this store for shopping and/or employment!
Pros
Cons
Managers, store environment, horrible treatment of staff
The worst!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 August 2016
This is by far the worst retail job I have ever had. They hire so many people but only schedule a few people at a time. Closing is the worst because during the day there are hardly any employees working so the store becomes a disaster so when you come in at 6 for s closing shift the store is a nightmare because it hasn't been cleaned at all and no go backs have been done. They make you stay way past your scheduled hours when closing and show no appreciation for you doing so.

I only worked here for about 6 months and that was too long. In my 6 months I had 2 different store managers and saw 15-20 people quit. The management is horrible. The new store manager did absolutely nothing yet demanded so much from us. One night it was 11:30 (way past our supposed 10 pm scheduled time) and the store was still very messy and instead of helping us clean she stood behind the cash with her purse ready to go and played on her phone the entire time while we worked so hard and didn't end up leaving until after midnight. She didn't even say thank you.

The store was so messy it was nearly impossible to actually provide good customer service. There is no incentive to work hard here as you only get a measly 10% discount and no one ever tells you that your work is appreciated.

I could not be happier to have gotten a new job and quit f21. I would not recommend working here to anyone it is a horrible company.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor management, stressful work environment, bad employee discount
Disorganized and Unmotivating
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 December 2016
Worst work experience I have ever had.
Disorganized.
Manual schedules.
Lack of support and direction.
Poor moral.
Lack of stable leadership.
Depressing
Pros
Cons
Benefits, lack of clear support, time wasters
Good part-time job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON18 January 2017
It was a very chaotic store and management was poor. However, i loved my co-workers and enjoyed my diversity within the company. I would not want to work there again because of the overwhelming volume of work that was expected from the employees.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Management needed work
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 December 2016
This is my first retail job since I graduated college. Forever21 is fashion retails which related to my career and what I've studied in school. It was great time and experiences to working here. I got great friends and we treat each other as family. I am very grateful for being part of Forever 21 team!
A fun place to start working and great if you like to work in retail
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 December 2016
A typical day at work involved stocking the shelves and clothing tables. I improved in my organization skills. The management was good. My co-workers were very enthusiastic and upbeat.
Productive and Fun
Customer Service, I (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 February 2017
work environment is amazing, employees and management also amazing. Not crazy about the pay and hours given! Learned so many new things working here. Love what I do here.
Great group of people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 February 2017
Retail will always be stressful no matter what company you decide to work with, however, with the people i've worked with at Forever 21, I have learned that it could even out and balance the stress due to the optimistic people I worked with. Patience is what working at Forever 21 has taught me, positivity, and optimism.
Pros
Positivity, optimistic environment
Cons
stressful days, long overnight shifts sometimes
Productive day at work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2016
A typical productive day at work, is every day at work. Learning how to deal with different customers that come into the store is an everyday challenge, but smiling and not getting frustrated or mad is something that helps through the situation. Co-workers bring work to life, co-workers are fun to talk to and bring your mode up. The hardest part of the job is trying to communicate with customers who can not speak English. The most enjoyable part of the job is closing time.
Pros
Good environment, co-workers get along well.
Cons
Management.
Fast Paced and Productive
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2016
Working for Forever 21 is a fast paced environment, that requires you to be alert and productive at all times. The staff is great to work with and everyone works well as a team!
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Long Hours on your feet
Fast paced environment with great sales experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON24 February 2017
As a sales associate you sort, organize and clean up the clothing in the store as well as putting away the go-backs from the change room in your section along with assisting customers simultaneously. It is a busy store so having to accomplish the tasks and reach the sales goal can be challenging but it is a productive work experience.
Pros
Good Environment, Flexible breaks
Cons
Sometimes long hours, Lots to clean after hours

2.7