Forever 21 Employee Reviews

tightly run ship, and not in a good way
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2016
- management is extremely picky and will breathe down your neck constantly
- only one manager organizes the schedule so you can have a great relationship with every other manager and still not get a lot of shifts
- shifts ranged from 3 hours to 8 hours
- the back room for employees was extremely small with such a large staff, always tight, exposed wires everywhere
- fellow employees were really sweet, mostly in their 20's
Pros
looking at clothes?
Cons
shift length ranged dramatically
It was a fun place to work a lot of amazing people.
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC17 October 2016
My personal review about the company was no guarantee in keeping your job. The staff was hard working a lot of favoritism went on in the warehouse.The benefits the company offered was amazing,although there were a lot of very unrealistic deadlines.I enjoyed the position I was doing,but due to certain circumstances I had to find a job that paid me a few extra thousand dollars a month.If was given a choice of going back I would, but I really don't think I could.All in all, it is a fast-paced environment and if you are willing to sweat a lot and feel great afterward it is a really great place to get a workout in.
Pros
Free lunches on Saturday's
Cons
Long extensive hours.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2016
there are many locations that have Forever 21 so i cannot write a review on all the store only the one i previously worked at which was fairview.
over all forever 21 is a store which attracts alot of customers so you would be expected to stay longer past you shifts.
Forever 21 makes you work full-time hours even if you are a part-time Sales Associate.
You get no free time for yourself.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Avoid this store...
Customer only, but not any more! (Former Employee) –  Uptown, Victoria, BC16 November 2016
A filthy store, never cleaned. You see piles of dirt and huge dust bunnies everywhere. Management is untrained, unprofessional, and lazy! I've been in the store when so called management was berating staff, and sitting on their cell phones. Clothing is cheaply made. Avoid this store for shopping and/or employment!
Pros
Cons
Managers, store environment, horrible treatment of staff
Fun Environment with Messy Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS13 September 2016
Forever 21 is a very welcoming and family type work experience but it is also an employer to over 40 employees. With only a few managers and all over the place hours your shifts were disorganized, hard to meet your expectations with such a large working space and you usually were held late if you closed without contacting your transportation. I enjoyed the people and the atmosphere like i said, but it defiantly isn't a prosperous job.
Pros
Friendly environment, Work Challenges
Cons
disorganized store and held back
Busy place where you develops friendships and work ethic
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 August 2016
A typical day a work whether it is on cash or on the floor serving costumers it is pretty busy, probably one of the busiest store in the Rideau Mall. I usually work an 8 hour shift and take 30 mins lunch break, however sometime if it gets super busy so it is impossible to do so. the staff is enjoyable to work with. I would say the hardest thing in this job is to maintain your patience once a costumer is upset or there is so much happening at once in the store and it happens that we are short on staff the day, but nothing that cannot be fixable.
Pros
Able to take a 10 if needed
Cons
Sometimes you are needed over your 10 or lunch hours
Productive day at work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2016
A typical productive day at work, is every day at work. Learning how to deal with different customers that come into the store is an everyday challenge, but smiling and not getting frustrated or mad is something that helps through the situation. Co-workers bring work to life, co-workers are fun to talk to and bring your mode up. The hardest part of the job is trying to communicate with customers who can not speak English. The most enjoyable part of the job is closing time.
Pros
Good environment, co-workers get along well.
Cons
Management.
fun place to work but management chooses favorites
Sales Associate, Stock, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 June 2016
This job was convenient for me when i was attending university because the flexible hours. Got to meet a lot of new people, and the work environment was stressful at times but always fun. However, i was lucky that the management liked me, but i also seen how they treated other employees which was highly unfair.
Pros
meet great people, flexible work hours
Cons
Management could make the job difficult
Working at XXI
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 November 2016
Everyone working there was lazy, and had cliques. The managers all talked bad about certain sales associates.The discount was also very low comparing to the wage we were getting paid.
Pros
Close to a food court.
Cons
Bad-Mouthing Managers.
Fast Paced and Productive
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2016
Working for Forever 21 is a fast paced environment, that requires you to be alert and productive at all times. The staff is great to work with and everyone works well as a team!
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Long Hours on your feet
Great clothing but terrible magaement
Sale associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2016
At first it was a really great job but then a really good manager quit and from there I feel as the store went down hill. Nobody liked the new manager they hired. One day I hear that the assistant manager got forced to quit because of the other two managers. Doesn't stop there though, A couple weeks later the other two manager's quit ! So a bunch of important people flew in, took charge of everything and they even hired the old assistant manager back. oh don't get me started on how they mistreated me. I was getting trained to become the new assistant manager but because the head manager quit her opinion didn't matter anymore. it was really un fair and now I only got 15 hours in two weeks.
Pros
got to buy cute clothing
Cons
got expected to much for to much
Disorganized and Unmotivating
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 December 2016
Worst work experience I have ever had.
Disorganized.
Manual schedules.
Lack of support and direction.
Poor moral.
Lack of stable leadership.
Depressing
Pros
Cons
Benefits, lack of clear support, time wasters
Amazing work team!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC10 June 2016
Forever 21 was an amazing place to work at. I absolutely loved it. You felt a real "team effort", we would always work in groups to finish up the store at closing times and everybody there is just so wonderful! The work ambiance is nice, and the clients are as well.
Pros
Great team, first to see the new clothing arrivals.
Cons
10% discount, not much hours.
Hard work place with not enough support
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2016
As a sales associate in a busy store you are required to multi-task in order to ensure the cleanliness of the store while helping customers.
I have learned how to adapt and complete my tasks to a very busy environment.
Management helps around the floor as we work as a team to have a good closing.
Working without support is the hardest part as it is a huge store and team work is the only way to maintain your part of the store.
Your co-workers are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Highly productive and efficient in customer services for all ages.
Sales & Visual Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON10 May 2016
Working at Forever 21 was a great way to understand and build a strong foundation in critical communication and customer service skills within the retail sector. Our shifts consisted of consistent customer-oriented interaction in order to match their needs to the best of our ability, offering promotional information and advice for all individuals. Co-workers are extremely well coordinated, with strong work ethic and team work skills in order to ensure each section of the store was well-maintained and all customer needs were met.
Pros
Highly customer-oriented staff, strong work ethic and team work, friendly working environment
Cons
Good experience in the fashion and retail industry
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2016
A day at work for Forever 21 is regular. Clock in, do your assigned tasks, clean up, and clock out. I learned how to fold clothes, clean fixtures, and execute customer service properly. Co-workers come and go, but overall everything was good.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
closing the store
Fun and hardworking
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON17 May 2016
A typical day at work consisted of my mowing and maintaining 8-10 lawns. Management was done very well and everyone was treated fairly. The hardest part of my job was struggling with the heat and being outside for multiple hours. The most enjoyable part of my job was the bond I shared with my co workers.
Pros
Delicious Lunches
Cons
was very hot when working outside for hours on end
Fun and dynamic place to work
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale Mall20 May 2016
A typical day would be opening boxes received from the morning shipment, processed all the clothes and hung them on racks. Sometimes they need us to do sensor run or hanger run. Before closing the store, we make sure everything is cleaned in the stock room and go on the sales floor to help the sales associates.
Pros
Nice environment and friendly people
It was fun and prouductive working at Forever 21 I engoyed working there
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 May 2016
This was a very good job I didn't have any complaints I enjoyed the time that I had there. We were very productive with the time that use at forever 21 we made sure that meant the needs of the customers shopping in the store.
Pros
the very organize
Cons
you work long hours with midemn breaks
If You Have No Choice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2016
They didnt take in consideration of the care about their employees well being. Favoritism is a given to obtain frequent/ daily shifts.
Short Lunch Breaks, No Organization or Regulations or Order in the Workforce, Not a friendly or Positive Work Place to work for.

Working here made ready and have tolerance to deal with any un-easiness

But I do love their clothing some quality is cheap but the design and style are good and i usually shop online
Pros
Cute clothing
Cons
Short Lunch Breaks, No Organization or Regulations or Order in the Workforce, Not a freindly or Positive Work Place to be in, Low store- discount

2.8