Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Low-end Job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2016
As with most mass market retailers, management is a gamble. Work culture is mundane. Benefits are hidden from workers and avoided handing out to those other than managers.
Most workers are young high-school or university students so the environment is also a gamble.
You job security and advancement is purely based on manager favoritism.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2016
there are many locations that have Forever 21 so i cannot write a review on all the store only the one i previously worked at which was fairview.
over all forever 21 is a store which attracts alot of customers so you would be expected to stay longer past you shifts.
Forever 21 makes you work full-time hours even if you are a part-time Sales Associate.
You get no free time for yourself.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
stressful workplace
Sales Associate and Cashier and stock (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 March 2016
the work is slavery,
you don't go home till 1am sometimes = feet HURT after work
they do not put any staff during the day so for the 6pm shift the store is a DISASTER!
so the closing shift does all the work and gets the store ready for the next day,
the hours are bad= not regular or no hours at all
horrible discount (only 10%)
need to have lots of patience with customers and messes
employees cant make purchases while working (cant get paid to buy something... so i stopped buying their clothes)
the ONLY thing i enjoyed was the people i worked with (minus rude managers with attitude who don't help you do any work, just sit in the back room and hide)
the CEO is on forbs list= top 500 riches people of the world yet pay their employees minimum wage and the discount for employees is only 10%....
no one should work here
Cons
NO INCENTIVES, no work parties - no christmas party, long closing shifts, 5 cent raises
It was a fun place to work a lot of amazing people.
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC17 October 2016
My personal review about the company was no guarantee in keeping your job. The staff was hard working a lot of favoritism went on in the warehouse.The benefits the company offered was amazing,although there were a lot of very unrealistic deadlines.I enjoyed the position I was doing,but due to certain circumstances I had to find a job that paid me a few extra thousand dollars a month.If was given a choice of going back I would, but I really don't think I could.All in all, it is a fast-paced environment and if you are willing to sweat a lot and feel great afterward it is a really great place to get a workout in.
Pros
Free lunches on Saturday's
Cons
Long extensive hours.
Forever 21...
Sales associate and sorter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 November 2016
Management wasn't great, expected too much out of employees with minimum wage, no benefits, nothing. Would not work there again.
tightly run ship, and not in a good way
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2016
- management is extremely picky and will breathe down your neck constantly
- only one manager organizes the schedule so you can have a great relationship with every other manager and still not get a lot of shifts
- shifts ranged from 3 hours to 8 hours
- the back room for employees was extremely small with such a large staff, always tight, exposed wires everywhere
- fellow employees were really sweet, mostly in their 20's
Pros
looking at clothes?
Cons
shift length ranged dramatically
The worst!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 August 2016
This is by far the worst retail job I have ever had. They hire so many people but only schedule a few people at a time. Closing is the worst because during the day there are hardly any employees working so the store becomes a disaster so when you come in at 6 for s closing shift the store is a nightmare because it hasn't been cleaned at all and no go backs have been done. They make you stay way past your scheduled hours when closing and show no appreciation for you doing so.

I only worked here for about 6 months and that was too long. In my 6 months I had 2 different store managers and saw 15-20 people quit. The management is horrible. The new store manager did absolutely nothing yet demanded so much from us. One night it was 11:30 (way past our supposed 10 pm scheduled time) and the store was still very messy and instead of helping us clean she stood behind the cash with her purse ready to go and played on her phone the entire time while we worked so hard and didn't end up leaving until after midnight. She didn't even say thank you.

The store was so messy it was nearly impossible to actually provide good customer service. There is no incentive to work hard here as you only get a measly 10% discount and no one ever tells you that your work is appreciated.

I could not be happier to have gotten a new job and quit f21. I would not recommend working here to anyone it is a horrible company.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor management, stressful work environment, bad employee discount
Avoid this store...
Customer only, but not any more! (Former Employee) –  Uptown, Victoria, BC16 November 2016
A filthy store, never cleaned. You see piles of dirt and huge dust bunnies everywhere. Management is untrained, unprofessional, and lazy! I've been in the store when so called management was berating staff, and sitting on their cell phones. Clothing is cheaply made. Avoid this store for shopping and/or employment!
Pros
Cons
Managers, store environment, horrible treatment of staff
Disorganized and Unmotivating
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 December 2016
Worst work experience I have ever had.
Disorganized.
Manual schedules.
Lack of support and direction.
Poor moral.
Lack of stable leadership.
Depressing
Pros
Cons
Benefits, lack of clear support, time wasters
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 December 2016
This is my first retail job since I graduated college. Forever21 is fashion retails which related to my career and what I've studied in school. It was great time and experiences to working here. I got great friends and we treat each other as family. I am very grateful for being part of Forever 21 team!
Good part-time job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON18 January 2017
It was a very chaotic store and management was poor. However, i loved my co-workers and enjoyed my diversity within the company. I would not want to work there again because of the overwhelming volume of work that was expected from the employees.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Management needed work
A fun place to start working and great if you like to work in retail
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 December 2016
A typical day at work involved stocking the shelves and clothing tables. I improved in my organization skills. The management was good. My co-workers were very enthusiastic and upbeat.
Productive day at work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2016
A typical productive day at work, is every day at work. Learning how to deal with different customers that come into the store is an everyday challenge, but smiling and not getting frustrated or mad is something that helps through the situation. Co-workers bring work to life, co-workers are fun to talk to and bring your mode up. The hardest part of the job is trying to communicate with customers who can not speak English. The most enjoyable part of the job is closing time.
Pros
Good environment, co-workers get along well.
Cons
Management.
Fast Paced and Productive
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2016
Working for Forever 21 is a fast paced environment, that requires you to be alert and productive at all times. The staff is great to work with and everyone works well as a team!
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Long Hours on your feet
Highly productive and efficient in customer services for all ages.
Sales & Visual Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON10 May 2016
Working at Forever 21 was a great way to understand and build a strong foundation in critical communication and customer service skills within the retail sector. Our shifts consisted of consistent customer-oriented interaction in order to match their needs to the best of our ability, offering promotional information and advice for all individuals. Co-workers are extremely well coordinated, with strong work ethic and team work skills in order to ensure each section of the store was well-maintained and all customer needs were met.
Pros
Highly customer-oriented staff, strong work ethic and team work, friendly working environment
Cons
Busy place where you develops friendships and work ethic
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 August 2016
A typical day a work whether it is on cash or on the floor serving costumers it is pretty busy, probably one of the busiest store in the Rideau Mall. I usually work an 8 hour shift and take 30 mins lunch break, however sometime if it gets super busy so it is impossible to do so. the staff is enjoyable to work with. I would say the hardest thing in this job is to maintain your patience once a costumer is upset or there is so much happening at once in the store and it happens that we are short on staff the day, but nothing that cannot be fixable.
Pros
Able to take a 10 if needed
Cons
Sometimes you are needed over your 10 or lunch hours
fun place to work but management chooses favorites
Sales Associate, Stock, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 June 2016
This job was convenient for me when i was attending university because the flexible hours. Got to meet a lot of new people, and the work environment was stressful at times but always fun. However, i was lucky that the management liked me, but i also seen how they treated other employees which was highly unfair.
Pros
meet great people, flexible work hours
Cons
Management could make the job difficult
Work Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2016
The management team needs more training, the work environment is not bad. I enjoy the company of my co-workers, and the costumers. I learned the value of team work.
The employees there were very nice but the atmosphere was very delicate.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 April 2016
The management within the work environment that I was apart of, would consistently out you under scrutiny, even if you did not do anything wrong. They always assumed the worst out of people, and if you were a good employee they would never regonize it. I called in sick twice once because of a sinus infection, and the other because of a viral infection. I was always 15 minutes early, willing to stay late if needed, and would take other peoples shifts, and that went un-noticed.

The employees tried to make the best of it though and would happily talk to customers, and sing along to the music while they worked.
Fun Environment with Messy Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS13 September 2016
Forever 21 is a very welcoming and family type work experience but it is also an employer to over 40 employees. With only a few managers and all over the place hours your shifts were disorganized, hard to meet your expectations with such a large working space and you usually were held late if you closed without contacting your transportation. I enjoyed the people and the atmosphere like i said, but it defiantly isn't a prosperous job.
Pros
Friendly environment, Work Challenges
Cons
disorganized store and held back

2.7