Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Fun Environment with Messy Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSSeptember 13, 2016
Forever 21 is a very welcoming and family type work experience but it is also an employer to over 40 employees. With only a few managers and all over the place hours your shifts were disorganized, hard to meet your expectations with such a large working space and you usually were held late if you closed without contacting your transportation. I enjoyed the people and the atmosphere like i said, but it defiantly isn't a prosperous job.
Pros
Friendly environment, Work Challenges
Cons
disorganized store and held back
Good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yonge and DundasAugust 21, 2016
The job was fine, the environment was welcoming however the on call system proves very hectic to those with other priorities and long commutes to work.
The worst!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 18, 2016
This is by far the worst retail job I have ever had. They hire so many people but only schedule a few people at a time. Closing is the worst because during the day there are hardly any employees working so the store becomes a disaster so when you come in at 6 for s closing shift the store is a nightmare because it hasn't been cleaned at all and no go backs have been done. They make you stay way past your scheduled hours when closing and show no appreciation for you doing so.

I only worked here for about 6 months and that was too long. In my 6 months I had 2 different store managers and saw 15-20 people quit. The management is horrible. The new store manager did absolutely nothing yet demanded so much from us. One night it was 11:30 (way past our supposed 10 pm scheduled time) and the store was still very messy and instead of helping us clean she stood behind the cash with her purse ready to go and played on her phone the entire time while we worked so hard and didn't end up leaving until after midnight. She didn't even say thank you.

The store was so messy it was nearly impossible to actually provide good customer service. There is no incentive to work hard here as you only get a measly 10% discount and no one ever tells you that your work is appreciated.

I could not be happier to have gotten a new job and quit f21. I would not recommend working here to anyone it is a horrible company.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor management, stressful work environment, bad employee discount
Busy place where you develops friendships and work ethic
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 17, 2016
A typical day a work whether it is on cash or on the floor serving costumers it is pretty busy, probably one of the busiest store in the Rideau Mall. I usually work an 8 hour shift and take 30 mins lunch break, however sometime if it gets super busy so it is impossible to do so. the staff is enjoyable to work with. I would say the hardest thing in this job is to maintain your patience once a costumer is upset or there is so much happening at once in the store and it happens that we are short on staff the day, but nothing that cannot be fixable.
Pros
Able to take a 10 if needed
Cons
Sometimes you are needed over your 10 or lunch hours
Work Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 11, 2016
The management team needs more training, the work environment is not bad. I enjoy the company of my co-workers, and the costumers. I learned the value of team work.
Work parties
Assist customer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 9, 2016
I learned alot from forever 21 , how to deal with customers assist them when they need help organized clothing and put it in the proper place and proper rack.
Pros
Great emplyess
Cons
fun workplace / great team spirit
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 27, 2016
the job is quite awesome but the long hours standing are most of the time so painful that you only want to sit and stay seated for two hours after your shift but otherwise great job!
Very Nice
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 14, 2016
I have worked in forever 21, and my overall review for this place is good, people are very friendly, managers are nice. I didn't know what to do at first, but I get over it very soon.
productive
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJuly 9, 2016
I liked working here because I like fashion. It is a job that requires you to be confident, kind, reliable and knowledgeable.
Pros
Discount, Fashion
Cons
not enough hours
Entry level sales associate job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2016
Sales associate position at Forever 21 requires minimum to no experience.

A typical day includes folding clothes, hanging clothes on hangers and organizing different clothes in different designated areas.
Good experience in the fashion and retail industry
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2016
A day at work for Forever 21 is regular. Clock in, do your assigned tasks, clean up, and clock out. I learned how to fold clothes, clean fixtures, and execute customer service properly. Co-workers come and go, but overall everything was good.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
closing the store
Productive day at work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 23, 2016
A typical productive day at work, is every day at work. Learning how to deal with different customers that come into the store is an everyday challenge, but smiling and not getting frustrated or mad is something that helps through the situation. Co-workers bring work to life, co-workers are fun to talk to and bring your mode up. The hardest part of the job is trying to communicate with customers who can not speak English. The most enjoyable part of the job is closing time.
Pros
Good environment, co-workers get along well.
Cons
Management.
Not fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 21, 2016
Pressing managers
Annoy customers since managers want us to hover over each customer every second they are in the store.
Good people if your lucky to find a decent store.
Decent hours
Not very good pay
Pros
Short breaks
Cons
Manager presses you for numbers
Forever 21 Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 21, 2016
They were all amazing people. I learned how to manage time well and how to practice patience with customers and my co-workers.
challenging but overall fun
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QCJune 15, 2016
The customer is king. Must try my best to satisfy the client.
Always smile and be positive. It was a friendly environment with all co-workers, we did organised a few work dinner to share our experience and anecdote.
Pros
Friendship
Cons
fun place to work but management chooses favorites
Sales Associate, Stock, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 11, 2016
This job was convenient for me when i was attending university because the flexible hours. Got to meet a lot of new people, and the work environment was stressful at times but always fun. However, i was lucky that the management liked me, but i also seen how they treated other employees which was highly unfair.
Pros
meet great people, flexible work hours
Cons
Management could make the job difficult
Amazing work team!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCJune 10, 2016
Forever 21 was an amazing place to work at. I absolutely loved it. You felt a real "team effort", we would always work in groups to finish up the store at closing times and everybody there is just so wonderful! The work ambiance is nice, and the clients are as well.
Pros
Great team, first to see the new clothing arrivals.
Cons
10% discount, not much hours.
Good workplace, nice environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 5, 2016
Co-workers and managers are very friendly. By the end of the night everyone is always on task and it is also enjoyable because everyone works as a team to make sure the store is at its best.
Reasonable
sale associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJune 2, 2016
Overall a reasonable place to work- with good, flexible hours. Management was a bit pushy but overall a decent environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 30, 2016
Good energy everybody works with each other. Everybody is friendly and the best part of it is helping customers find the attire they would prefer purchasing

2.7