Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with excellent customers.
Sales associate/stock-room associate/fitting room (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 May 2017
My typical day at work varies with what they need/expect to be done throughout the day. I have experience with every position within the company. I have learned a lot about the company & how they do things throughout the store to ensure the best customer service. The management includes an abundance of people and every one of them have the best intentions for the store and the employees. I don't find anything to be significantly challenging about this particular job.
The most enjoyable part of my job here at Forever21 is just being apart of the company and working my hardest.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
N/a
fun
Sale associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2017
it was very fun working with different people with different views, values and beliefs. altho the hours where long and hard, the people I was working with made it all with it, we had laughs, had lots of fun and at the end of the day the work got don on time.
Adored the Team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC2 May 2017
As anyone should know, working in retail, especially such a big brand like forever21, is a pain. However working there i developed very important work related skills such as customer service, back stock management, selling skills, and so on. The team is relatively changing but you still manage to make very nice connections with almost everyone and it helps to keep the job bearable because you are with nice relatable co workers.
The pay is too low for anyone who isnt new. And the employees ''advantages'' feel like a joke. I wouldnt work there again but I do feel like it made me a much better worker.
Pros
team, helps skill set, fresh environment
Cons
salary, advantages, schedules
Fast paced busy enviormnt
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC28 April 2017
Fast paced busy enviormnt to work in. Best part - Constantly meeting new people. Promoting inside sales and deals.Learning new things. There were more than 200 employees in the store and wasn't receiving enough hours to move up/get noticed for the hard work i did do when there. Staff was fun to meet/work with by meeting so many new people. Typical day- promoting current deals/sales. Greeting customers. Assisting customers to find particular piece of clothing they are looking for. Folding/hanging/orginizing. Responsible for a new section each shift. etc.
Pros
meeting new people, working in fast paced environment
Cons
little to no hours, management wasn't to friendly, wouldn't approve long requested time off.
Great start to gain experience about Customer Service
Sales Associate/Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 April 2017
Typical day at work would include talking to customer and identifying what they need. Cashing customers and dealing with different personas. I learned to handle customers in a very positive and kind attitude. Managements are very nice and the place is really diverse. The hardest part of the job would be closing late and not getting enough pay/raises. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with all the great people even when the day gets incredibly tiring.
good part-time job
Part-time Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham,on25 April 2017
- great place to work as a part-time position
Full time is good to only if you feel that it should be the place for you for many years ahead.
Management at the time i was working was great, however it has made many changes since then.
Forever 21
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON17 April 2017
I enjoy working at Forever 21 with fashionable clothing and fun, young girls to make friends.
Management is kind and fun to spend time with, and I was able to learn the basics of retail and sales here.
I was disappointed with the hours given to me, and many people tell me they don't give hours until 6 months in.
I get 4 hours a week which is not doable for anyone.
productive
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC17 April 2017
good work place
not much to do
management is not good
learned new skills like scanning and inventory control
most enjoyable part is team work
good salary
Pros
parties
Cons
less hours
Like the place but the hours I get are silly
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 April 2017
I get 5hrs a week at the moment and even though I'm new honestly thats just punishment. Ive never experienced this at any other job before. So if you apply have a safe job
Horrible dont do it
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario10 April 2017
I currently work at a for a forever 21 and i am absolutely embarrassed and i dread going to work. This is the worst experience that i've ever had between volunteering and my first job. They treat employees very poorly. most people- when they quit dont even hand in resignations because of management reactions and tend to just not show up for their next shifts. i've been searching everywhere for a replacement job. i went to having 27-30hrs to 4 hrs a week i can't even afford to pay my phone bill. There is a social hierarchy here where the managers and visuals refused to become companions with the floor workers. IF management wants to talk to you they do it out in the open, yell at you and make false accusations to scare you. they are very manipulative and like to try and control and take advantage of you. the managers refuse to eat lunch in the employee break room. They always 'forget' your break. please do not go. They want us to memorize sales and weekly targets. This is a part-time job! the floor is always changing and they are very hard on the employees not being able to find anything even though most of us haven't been there in two weeks. They've threatened and said if we dont 'do as we are supposed to' they will cut our hrs even more. i've personally have been terribly disrespected on the job. Also they have told other employees that have moved up to no longer have contact with us as we are just sales associates. i have heard HR has been called and was watching but nothing has happened. A girl left this weekend on the job because she was disrespected in front of other  more... customers, there was no digression. I'm going to find a better part time job where i do not have to stress and am not talked down to.  less
Pros
make friends with employees
Cons
disrespect
Fun
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC7 April 2017
A lot to do your always busy and the time goes by face you work with different type of people and the msuic at work is great with amazing managment you will like it
Pros
10% off
Cons
only 10% off -.-
Fun Atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2017
I had a lot of time working for this company especially because my best friend used to work here as well, I never felt like a new member who was alone.
Like any other retail place
Lead (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 April 2017
Like any retail stores, there are going to be unpleasant customers, you're going to love your co-workers, and management will take advantage of you if you let them.

I started as an associate and this was my first job so I was eager to impress which management liked. So I was promoted within 6 months and then again after 3 months. Then we got a new manager and business was less busy so they started giving associate 0-1 shift a week or you can get up to 4 shifts a week, if the managers likes you. Shifts are 4 hours long. Luckily for me I was full-time so I got my hours 40 hours a week. But once new management came in they started hiring their incompetent friends who couldn't finish their work within their given hours so they took away my hours to give to them. And because I finish early I didn't care at first since I wanted to see the store succeed. But once we got into the busier season I need my hours back but by then it was too late. I fell behind and the whole store fell behind trying to help out the manager's friend. The friend was eventually fired but the damage was done. the district decided to hire a whole new team or something because they keep overlooking longtime staffs for promotion which, of course, made people mad so they left. I stayed for a year after new management but after being overlooked for promotion twice and finding out I was grossly underpaid for my position, I left. The promotion didn't bother me as much as finding out I was being under paid. But I should have known since when I asked for a job description they keep telling me they'll get it to
  more... me later.

Lesson learned, value yourself and know your rights.
Pros
Your co-workers, the best people you ever meet.
Cons
Everything else.
Travail agréable
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 April 2017
Travail parfait pour les étudiants. Je le recommende vraiment pour ceux qui veulent être dans l'industrie de la monde.
Forever21-Fast Paced Environment
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS2 April 2017
Forever21 is a fast paced environment, with an extremely friendly and supportive staff and management. A typical shift at Forever21 would be a lot of helping customers find what they're looking for(because it's such a large store) and doing your best to fit their needs, running around and putting clothing back in their proper home, cleaning, and a whole lot of multitasking. Luckily, employees are always willing to help each other. It is somewhat challenging to get used to. If you're not into a fast-paced environment, it is probably not the job for you.
Pros
Awesome staff, easy hours, shift changes and easy to get time off.
Cons
Long nights, lots of cleaning
Good Management
Seasonal Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 April 2017
Management really cares and tries their hardest to accommodate staff members with shifts.

Low salaries, over hiring of students, consistent on-call shifts, low benefits.
na
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2017
n/a
Was fun experience. Learned a lot about retail as there was always lots to do and always something new being brought to the table each day.
You definitely felt like you were part of a team that worked toward a collective goal. I loved being able to manage occurrences at the cash register and be the leader of my team of cashiers. I was able to work both as a leader as well as within a team.
worst
Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2017
This place needs more mature manager, management would talk about a person work ethic while him/her on the floor and not pulling them to the side
Management talk about someone on the floor to another associated while customer are in the store
Le mcdonald du retail
Associé aux ventes (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC23 March 2017
Bon emploi pour étudiant recherchant peu d'heure et horaire flexible. Vous détesterez la compagnie après un certain. Seul les plus fort s'en sorte vivant.

Mauvaise décision des grands patrons qui stress les gérants et indirectement le personnelle temporaire.
Pros
Personnel
Cons
Le nettoyage du plancher (la section des soldes)
entertaining
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 March 2017
I enjoyed working at forever 21 because the atmosphere was so much different then where I had worked before hand. Perfect job for someone who enjoys talking to new people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever 21. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7