Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Fun and fast-paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 October 2017
The store is huge, so it can sometimes get overwhelming when trying to find things or clean things, but if you like organizing this will be a good job for you.
Productive and safe work place
Cashier/Customer Service/Fitting rooms (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC13 October 2017
Schedules are posted inconsistently and doesn't give you much warning about when you're working next. On calls are also not the most efficient and make it difficult to plan your day ( don't know if you're working or not ) Managers were very friendly and were always there to help you if you needed it. I learnt a lot while working there about not only myself but the people I was fortunate to meet and work with. They're a very organized company and take pride in their customer service.
Pros
Fun music, shifts go by quickly, friendly staff, understanding managers/associates
Cons
late schedules, on calls
Poor Managed
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 October 2017
poorly managed company. Management picks favourites and will only give certain people hours and shifts. making it very hard for others to make a living.
Pros
Friends, clothes, Part time
Cons
Management, employlee perks, hours
Avoid this company
Assistant visual manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 October 2017
Worst job I ever had
Store managers and district managers have unreasonable expectations
Nothing but negative feedback
You're best is never good enough
Overall low moral amoung the managers
High stress environment
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Everything else
Short Term Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 October 2017
You've been inside a forever 21 store... it's a nightmare for shoppers now imagine working there and trying to figure out where everything belongs.

Good place to work while in school.
Terrible employee discount.
Unorganized workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 October 2017
Everything was all over the place; not given proper training at all. Managers made you jump into a shift with little supervision. Hardly any hours were given per week to employees.
Pros
10 % discount on items
Cons
Low hours
Boring Workplace
SALE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Robson, BC29 September 2017
A lot of work to do as customers always mix all the clothes up. DOn't like it. With an 8-hour shift, long and tiring period. Really not worth minimum wages.
Face-paced working environment and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 September 2017
I learned a lot to do multi-tasking jobs and customer service skills.
It is a face-paced working environment because it usually has a high traffic especially for long weekends or holiday.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the solidarity within the employees. We still get in touch even up until now.
Pros
Flexible schedule, perfectly fit for university student.
Cons
Lots of workloads.
Fast paced environment
Store Associate/Stock Associate/Visual Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 September 2017
Forever 21 is fast paced and strenuous on your body. Be prepared to be on your feet all day. Management is good, they always ensure you have breaks and will help pick up the slack where it's needed.
Everyone is friendly however I don't believe there is enough employees are at the store.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON11 September 2017
I wish there were more people to help out. For example, there should be an employee employed in shoes and another in accessories. Not one for both, since shoes and accessories are located all over the store.
Not happy with job description
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 September 2017
Fast paced, high fashion, very high expectations. Want more responsibility out of my position. Get to deal with all different kinds of people. Large staff base, minimal training.
Pros
Paid benefits
Cons
Hours of operation, discount
really fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 September 2017
forever 21 offers a lot of opportunities, meet a lot of great people learn how to do a great costumer service. You learn how to multitask and how to maintain and keep up with the companies budget and sales goal
Great coworkers - not so great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Metrotown, BC7 September 2017
Always too much to do, and they tried to get away with as little people as possible to work even on the busiest days. Closings were especially brutal - management would not have enough people on the floor in the mornings, and the mess would build up until the closing people came in. Some sections would be a disaster at that point and take forever to clean.
Pro and cons
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON5 September 2017
Personal experience staff were nice and chill, disliked the fact that it doesn't have a dress code their dress code is "wear what ever makes you comfortable as long as you don't show too much skin. Shorts, skirts and dresses had to be a work appropriate length"
Pros
The staff were supper chill.
Cons
Didn't like the 5pm-11pm shift.
Cluttered
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 August 2017
I worked there for a seasonal position and I didn't like it. Management was a little all over the place and I didn't receive any training at all. I would've been able to handle that but my fellow co-workers were hard to work with and I didn't feel all that welcome to be there.
Pros
Discount on merchandise
Cons
Environment
Very welcoming. The atmosphere reminded me of high-school-- Very social.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 August 2017
One would start the day usually at 8am, first removing all the censors below the main cash on the top-floor and bringing them to the stock area, then one would prowl each floor for stray hangers, put the hangers on rolling-racks and then place them near the second-floor cash area wherein the stock stock associates would spend around 2hrs unpacking, organizing, re-pricing (if needed), censoring, re-organizing (to colour, to weight, to gender, to season) onto the rollin-rack. You are taught these things in the first week. During the weekends, one may be working alone (Only if you know what you are doing) and you basically manage yourself. There is also a quota that needs to be fulfilled. As in, the number of boxes of clothes left for you from the previous weekday's stock associates is what one would have to complete in order for the next shipment of product to arrive and be organized cleanly within the stockroom. At the end of each shift, one would do a basic clean-up of the stock area. And also, at the end of each shift, one would report on paper and to a manager whatever one had accomplished or had left for the next day.
Pros
You get to listen to your music.
Over worked and under appreciated
Lead Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 August 2017
-Lack of communication
-I was a glorified sales associate
-They over work you
-There's no structure
-Head office is terrible
-Babysitting the associates
-Felt very unappreciated
-Everything is based on personal opinion not company standard
-Rude customers
-Managers are always "too" busy with something else
-Expectations are way too high
-Head Office treats you like garbage
-Discount is worthless
-Constant change
-Getting rushed a lot
-no organization
Pros
My coworkers
Cons
Great for learning the basics of Retail, definitely not long-term
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 August 2017
The company is way to big and makes way too little to care about their employees. It was so hard to move up in the company and although you worked hard no one really notices the devotion. I can definitely say I learned a lot and gained many skills from working with the company. However, I can also guarantee it is not a company you would like to stay with long-term. Their DMs and RMs are snakes and they don't like to take the blame so they pin it onto their store managers. Their loss prevention and management was horrible. Many of the great people I worked with have left the company based of the unfair treatment we were given MULTIPLE times there.
Pros
Great retail experience
Cons
Terrible management
Nice but the
Sales Associate, Cashier & Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 July 2017
I loved the job, but the manager are always angry and there is a lot of gossips! this things changed when they changed the manager. overall I love the costumers, I quit only cause I moved to another city
Pros
Discount
Cons
Closing and Gossips
hard work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairview, ON27 July 2017
It's been a very fun job but very tiring as well. Co-workers are very friendly but hours are very low, and are reduced from time to time to make room for newer associates which is unfair.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever 21. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7