Forever 21 Employee Reviews

na
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2017
n/a
Was fun experience. Learned a lot about retail as there was always lots to do and always something new being brought to the table each day.
You definitely felt like you were part of a team that worked toward a collective goal. I loved being able to manage occurrences at the cash register and be the leader of my team of cashiers. I was able to work both as a leader as well as within a team.
entertaining
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 March 2017
I enjoyed working at forever 21 because the atmosphere was so much different then where I had worked before hand. Perfect job for someone who enjoys talking to new people.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 March 2017
Interaction with customers was fulfilling, especially if they came in unsure about what to purchase and I was able aid them in the decision-making process.
fun, easy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 March 2017
I'ts simple, the hours are pretty good and the management is pretty accepting. what i learned working; I learned more about retail, clothing retail especially.
Pros
if you work during school days its never really hectic.
Cons
if you work clothing shifts you cant leave until the whole stores clean (11:00pm max)
Horrible Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS14 March 2017
I worked at Forever 21 when it first opened in Dec 2013 the store manager was a horrible woman. She had favourites who she let get away with everything and she clearly hated some people who she made just as obvious to the entire staff. It was ridiculous. I quit as soon as I found new employment.
Pros
Beautiful store, great product, lots of fun employees.
Cons
Big store, horrible manager.
terrible place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 March 2017
hired over 100 people just to fire most of them after the 3 months, only cared about few staff members and gave them all the hours and didn't even give most the legal minimum, extremely unorganized.
Fast paced environment with great sales experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON24 February 2017
As a sales associate you sort, organize and clean up the clothing in the store as well as putting away the go-backs from the change room in your section along with assisting customers simultaneously. It is a busy store so having to accomplish the tasks and reach the sales goal can be challenging but it is a productive work experience.
Pros
Good Environment, Flexible breaks
Cons
Sometimes long hours, Lots to clean after hours
A good head start
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC22 February 2017
Forever 21 is a good head start for people who are starting their retail experience.
This store is a busy store since there's a lot of variety in clothes. Employees are in their each zone that when a customer needs assistance they will be assisted.
It's fun to work with your friends and that is what you will have in this store because you will for sure build a good relationship with everyone in the store.
Great group of people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 February 2017
Retail will always be stressful no matter what company you decide to work with, however, with the people i've worked with at Forever 21, I have learned that it could even out and balance the stress due to the optimistic people I worked with. Patience is what working at Forever 21 has taught me, positivity, and optimism.
Pros
Positivity, optimistic environment
Cons
stressful days, long overnight shifts sometimes
Fun workplace, good student job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 February 2017
Flexible hours, good place to learn work ethic, fast paced.

Good place for students looking for part-time work with flexible hours. You'll learn to multitask pretty well.
ok company
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2017
long hours, very busy, fashionable clothing, sometimes under staffed, working late nights, not alot of benefits, opportunity to grow, pay is not the greatest.
Productive and Fun
Customer Service, I (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 February 2017
work environment is amazing, employees and management also amazing. Not crazy about the pay and hours given! Learned so many new things working here. Love what I do here.
Productive and organized work place.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC30 January 2017
It is a well organized and friendly work environment. At first it was difficult understanding the warehouse work but later, I got more understanding of it and began working as an quality control member.
didn't like it at these places
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 January 2017
i didn't think the staff was friendly and they had managers come in from LA which were very rude to us. they didn't treat us with respect and made me feel stupid in front of customers
Horrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2017
Such a terrible work environment. Upper management doesn't care about you as an employee and nothing you complete is good enough. Pay is extremely low for the amount of tasks to complete. Upper management expects you to complete an unattainable amount of tasks and every criticism is negative. Was constantly told "not good enough" while other managers spend their whole day sitting in the office playing on their phone. Store manager is incompetent and requests completely illogical tasks.
Do not recommend working here.
Pros
Most staff are nice
Cons
Long hours, low pay, terrible life and work balance, incompetent managers
An enjoyable/fustrating working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 January 2017
Being to yourself as you neatly put away the abundant amount of clothes. I learnt how to correctly organize and hang any of their products. The management was very friendly but i did feel a sense of sometimes coldness and snobbishness. Though the job was a seasonal one i did not enjoy the concept of myself having to call and not being given a solid shift, where i had to call a couple of hours to find out if my shift was still proceeding. I found it very frustrating and not productive. The workplace culture was very down to earth and fashionable, close to my desired environment. The hardest part of the job was trying to complete my duties without any training. And my most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with clients and making new friends.
Pros
Located in Downtown Montreal, close to school
Cons
On call concept, disorganized management
Decent sales experience
Sales Associate/Stock/ (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2017
Not the best but it'll get the sense of sales across. It's get very crowded some times and the managers are not the best. MEns sections is a little too small for my liking but it has decent clothes
Pros
Okay breaks
Cons
Messy and crowded
productive
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2017
taught me how to be a good customer service rep. and how to deal with customers and bad situations . skills i can use in the real world at any time today
Good part-time job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON18 January 2017
It was a very chaotic store and management was poor. However, i loved my co-workers and enjoyed my diversity within the company. I would not want to work there again because of the overwhelming volume of work that was expected from the employees.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Management needed work
Amazing Experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 January 2017
This was my first job working in retail as a seasona sales associate.
I enjoyed the experience, managers were very accomodating and the staff was extremely welcoming. I was sad to learn that my contract had ended, and will likely reapply when they are hiring again in the summer.
Overall fun experience.
Pros
Welcoming staff, frequent small breaks, flexible schedules
Cons
10% discount

2.7