Forever 21

Forever 21 Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burnaby, BcApril 28, 2015
I started off as a sal assoctiate, and I learned to work in high pressure enviroments. Management was understanding, and the coworkers were intimidating. The hardest part of the job was that I did not get much training so I lacked where some of the clothing went but I learned along the way.
Productive fun place with great co workers
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 27, 2015
Typical day at work would be receive shipment, unpack, sensor, and hang all merchandise. I learned how to work at a fast past, help costumers, and get the job done in a certain amount of time.
Engaging, Fulfilling, but terrible environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), toronto,ONApril 24, 2015
Pros: great experience learning how to deal with customers and make sales
Cons: unpredictable and unreasonable overtime hours and terrible management
Job was extremely fulfilling and enjoyed customer service aspect of it. Over the course of six months, I maintained relationships with returning customers who enjoyed my help and advice.

Management and environment was lacking. Very poor employee respect by management. Management or veterans look down at you, very passive-aggressive environment, unsympathetic to employee needs and wants. Poor hours. employees are told that they are EXPENDABLE.

On most occasions I was asked to stay until midnight when my shift ended at ten. I was not informed of the extremity of the overtime hours. Not recommended for high school students or anyone with university course-load. Was unprepared for the maltreatment and unreasonable expectations.

The experience it gives you in the retail field is amazing.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 23, 2015
Pros: gaining knowledge
Cons: hard on your feet
Busy
Cash handling/ how to sell clothing
Great managment
Awesome co-workers!
Keeping up with all the cleaning
fulfilling customer needs!
Overworked and Underpaid
sales associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaApril 21, 2015
Pros: Nice coworkers
Cons: Overworked, underpaid, only 10% discount
Management is terrible. Never agree to take an overnight shift to open a new store. They don't inform you of what you actually will be doing, instead, they overwork you and demand you to carry extremely heavy boxes back and forth. You get paid very little here as well. Although your coworkers are nice, it is difficult in communicating with your managers. They tend to ask you to stay a couple hours behind, or try to get you to stay at work for as long as you can.
Productive and fast pace job
Manager of Service & Training (Current Employee), BurnabyApril 14, 2015
Great place to learn all the ins and outs of retail in a fast pace learning environment with skills that will help you with different types of situations.
Fun and coordinated workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), YorkdaleApril 11, 2015
Helped alot of wonderful customers and learned alot about ways to increase in sales as well as loss prevention, coworkers and management are very fun to work with. Hardest part of the job is maintain cleanliness of the store with a small team of people since the store is a big
Exciting and productive workplace
Sales Associate, stock (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 10, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: Not enough hours
A typical day is to get the 5 mins meeting with a manager and they tell you which are you would be working that day.

The hardest part is go backs.
Cleaning up store
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, CanadaApril 7, 2015
Pros: Friendly co-workers
Cons: They make you work over time
After the store closes, we have to clean our sections. The sections that we are assigned to are the ones we have to focus on cleaning. The main manager makes us stay 30 more mins when our shift ends if she isn't happy with the look of the store.
Fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), torontoMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Management is amazing
Cons: Not enough hours
I do love working at Forever 21 but I do not like the fact that they never have hours to give and I end up working once a week for 5 hours. My favourite part at working there is helping customers find outfits. I do love fashion myself, and helping others who need help in some fashion needs is fun for me.
worse place to work at fairview mall
sales associate (Current Employee), Fairview MallMarch 29, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
If you like to be disrespected and treated unfairly this job is for you the store manager is the worst they lack leadership skills and communication the store is a absolute mess!
Fun work place, nice environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Laval, QCMarch 15, 2015
Pros: always busy when working, never bored
Cons: cleaning up when store closes takes very long
Learned how to be a good sales associate, how to help people in need. Got better and better through out my working experiences. But did not get the hours I wanted, only got one-three shifts a week when I wanted full time.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ON (Eaton Center)March 12, 2015
-I learned to work in a fast place environment
-The managers were very kind and understanding
-the hardest part of the job was standing on my feet for long hours, but i got used to it
-what i enjoyed most about my job was keeping myself occupied
Good Customer Service at Forever 21
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 13, 2015
A typical day work would be organizing clothes and providing good customer service. As a sales associate, we assist customers to find the best products they need. I learned to be organized, a fast learner, patient towards customers. Management gave helpful tips and they are very understanding with shifts. The hardest part of my job is closing the store. The most enjoyable part of my job is fulfilling all of the customers needs as they leave the store happy.
Enjoyable and rewarding workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: little to no hours
Forever 21 is an overall enjoyable workplace. The responsibilities are equally challenging and fun. The management tries their best at all times, but like any human sometimes falls short when it comes to problem solving. I very much enjoy working with my co-workers and management as they are all friendly and supportive. Overall Forever21 is a wonderful place to work and I am happy for the opportunity to work for this company.
Perfect place for student interested in making a little pocket money on the side.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: nothing. no benefits, 10% off. not even enough for tips
Cons: horrible management, over worked, underpayed, over staffed, on call shifts
FOREVER21 is not the place for anyone who has rent, car payments to make. This place is always overstaffed and no hours available unless you're a regular cashier.

Shifts are always on call.
You'll never move up in the company because they always hire within their own clicks of people.
Horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJanuary 25, 2015
Was not offered much hours.
Was not offered very much training before put in different areas of the store.
Productive and a very fast pace retail store to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 24, 2015
Working at forever 21 was great, because it was filled with amazing managers and employees. Great place to gain retail experience and also a great place to provide great customer service.
Productive, easy workplace
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: interested in fashion
Cons: hardly got any hours, managers were not very friendly
A typical day at Forever 21 was to maintain and clean my section of the store. Also to portray a great image of Forever 21 with excellent customer service. I learned the different fashion trends and the basics of working in retail. I got along very well with all my co-workers. The managers weren't as friendly and did not give many options with the work schedule. The hardest part of the job was making sure all clothes are put back into the correct spot. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was helping customers, vicing my opinion, and getting to know the people I worked with.
Bad management, fun environment
sales associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 25, 2014
Pros: chic and happy environment
Cons: unfair management
Shifts were extremely irregular, and only few ppl get most of the hours..and the rest of us, may be kept satisfied with 4 hr/week, I know someone who has been sacked but no explanation was given, while that friend of mine accepted the decision but really doesn't know what caused this abrupt decision, so I will say the management wasn't fair at all and, yes, shows favoritism.

1 2 3 4