Forever 21 Employee Reviews

More flaws than benefits
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 November 2017
Although most of the managing staff were likable, the ones that were not, made work unpleasant. With the added pressure of the holidays and more new hires than long-lasting employees, it was very unlikely for us to maintain the statistics that are being asked. Additionally, most of the employees are new, which makes it very hard to sell items because the store is being changed so often that no one can ever find what they are looking for to help customers.
Management was not very nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 November 2017
The managers at this store were mean and cruel and would pick favorites and had poor managerial skills. Once the main manager left my hours dropped for no reason besides the assistant manager taking over the schedule having a unexplained hatred for me and accusing me of doing things around the store I had not done. Not only were there unrealistic expectations of staff but there was a favoritism that took part with every manager. Not to mention the only benefit we received was 10% off which does not include the sale items and you can get this discount with a spc as well.
Pros
10% off, the actual staff was great and friendly.
Cons
poor hours, favouritism, unrealistic expectations and time limits.
fun but annoying
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eaton, ON12 November 2017
felt more like a janitor picking up after the mess customers made
fun work environment
long, late hours ( closing till 12am)
lots of crazy rude customers
Pros
fun people
Cons
exhausting and underpaid
people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 November 2017
people were great. very obvious favorites and I sometimes found just distracting and hard to focus. management was hard to find and hard to talk too. came across like you were not to bother them from time to time.
Pros
in the mall
really friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 November 2017
everyone is super friendly, managers are there to help you with anything. You get to know when additional 50% starts
You get to move up in the store
Associate are nice and get along
Pros
free food, new friends
Peu productif
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC2 November 2017
Peu de tâches à accomplir et peu de gens vont magasiner a cette boutique donc pas beaucoup de choses à faire
Resume
Gérante intérim (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 October 2017
Mes journees sont toutes differentes mais il y a une chose qui ne change pas c'est d'atteindre nos objectifs de vente.
J'ai un poste de gestion, je m'occupe de la formation des employés, des autres membres de gestion, m'occupe de faire l'horaire pour un total de 70 employés.
L'aspect le plus agréable c'est que nous sommes unis en tant qu'équipe de gestion et je pourrais dire celui le moins favorable c'est le changement de personnel.
Pros
je peux balancer l'école et travail
Cons
manque de temps parfois
a creative workplace
Visual merchandiser, accessories (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC23 October 2017
A typical day for me would be reviewing e-mails from head office, and staying up to date with trends in accessories. I was a visual merchandiser for the accessories department, and this consisted of looking at floor plans. Setting up new displays to push for sales. Photographing these displays and sharing with head office. Making sure we always had stock, and also delegating tasks for anyone working in my section.

Hardest part of the job was the over-nights. When we would start from closing hours 22:00PM-6:00AM.

Best part of the job was how creative I was able to be. That's something I really loved being able to make my own displays and how rewarding it was to see the final look of the store.
Pros
location
Cons
night shifts
Fun and productive place to work
Sales Associate/Go-backs Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 October 2017
Management seemed to be the best when I was at this store. There was plenty of room to grow and the managers would help you in whichever way they could.
Fun and fast-paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 October 2017
The store is huge, so it can sometimes get overwhelming when trying to find things or clean things, but if you like organizing this will be a good job for you.
Productive and safe work place
Cashier/Customer Service/Fitting rooms (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC13 October 2017
Schedules are posted inconsistently and doesn't give you much warning about when you're working next. On calls are also not the most efficient and make it difficult to plan your day ( don't know if you're working or not ) Managers were very friendly and were always there to help you if you needed it. I learnt a lot while working there about not only myself but the people I was fortunate to meet and work with. They're a very organized company and take pride in their customer service.
Pros
Fun music, shifts go by quickly, friendly staff, understanding managers/associates
Cons
late schedules, on calls
Poor Managed
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 October 2017
poorly managed company. Management picks favourites and will only give certain people hours and shifts. making it very hard for others to make a living.
Pros
Friends, clothes, Part time
Cons
Management, employlee perks, hours
Avoid this company
Assistant visual manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 October 2017
Worst job I ever had
Store managers and district managers have unreasonable expectations
Nothing but negative feedback
You're best is never good enough
Overall low moral amoung the managers
High stress environment
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Everything else
Short Term Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 October 2017
You've been inside a forever 21 store... it's a nightmare for shoppers now imagine working there and trying to figure out where everything belongs.

Good place to work while in school.
Terrible employee discount.
Unorganized workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 October 2017
Everything was all over the place; not given proper training at all. Managers made you jump into a shift with little supervision. Hardly any hours were given per week to employees.
Pros
10 % discount on items
Cons
Low hours
Boring Workplace
SALE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Robson, BC29 September 2017
A lot of work to do as customers always mix all the clothes up. DOn't like it. With an 8-hour shift, long and tiring period. Really not worth minimum wages.
Face-paced working environment and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 September 2017
I learned a lot to do multi-tasking jobs and customer service skills.
It is a face-paced working environment because it usually has a high traffic especially for long weekends or holiday.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the solidarity within the employees. We still get in touch even up until now.
Pros
Flexible schedule, perfectly fit for university student.
Cons
Lots of workloads.
Fast paced environment
Store Associate/Stock Associate/Visual Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 September 2017
Forever 21 is fast paced and strenuous on your body. Be prepared to be on your feet all day. Management is good, they always ensure you have breaks and will help pick up the slack where it's needed.
Everyone is friendly however I don't believe there is enough employees are at the store.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON11 September 2017
I wish there were more people to help out. For example, there should be an employee employed in shoes and another in accessories. Not one for both, since shoes and accessories are located all over the store.
Not happy with job description
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 September 2017
Fast paced, high fashion, very high expectations. Want more responsibility out of my position. Get to deal with all different kinds of people. Large staff base, minimal training.
Pros
Paid benefits
Cons
Hours of operation, discount

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever 21. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7