Forever 21

Forever 21 Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyable and rewarding workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: little to no hours
Forever 21 is an overall enjoyable workplace. The responsibilities are equally challenging and fun. The management tries their best at all times, but like any human sometimes falls short when it comes to problem solving. I very much enjoy working with my co-workers and management as they are all friendly and supportive. Overall Forever21 is a wonderful place to work and I am happy for the opportunity to work for this company.
Perfect place for student interested in making a little pocket money on the side.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: nothing. no benefits, 10% off. not even enough for tips
Cons: horrible management, over worked, underpayed, over staffed, on call shifts
FOREVER21 is not the place for anyone who has rent, car payments to make. This place is always overstaffed and no hours available unless you're a regular cashier.

Shifts are always on call.
You'll never move up in the company because they always hire within their own clicks of people.
Horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJanuary 25, 2015
Was not offered much hours.
Was not offered very much training before put in different areas of the store.
Productive and a very fast pace retail store to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 24, 2015
Working at forever 21 was great, because it was filled with amazing managers and employees. Great place to gain retail experience and also a great place to provide great customer service.
Productive, easy workplace
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: interested in fashion
Cons: hardly got any hours, managers were not very friendly
A typical day at Forever 21 was to maintain and clean my section of the store. Also to portray a great image of Forever 21 with excellent customer service. I learned the different fashion trends and the basics of working in retail. I got along very well with all my co-workers. The managers weren't as friendly and did not give many options with the work schedule. The hardest part of the job was making sure all clothes are put back into the correct spot. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was helping customers, vicing my opinion, and getting to know the people I worked with.
Bad management, fun environment
sales associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 25, 2014
Pros: chic and happy environment
Cons: unfair management
Shifts were extremely irregular, and only few ppl get most of the hours..and the rest of us, may be kept satisfied with 4 hr/week, I know someone who has been sacked but no explanation was given, while that friend of mine accepted the decision but really doesn't know what caused this abrupt decision, so I will say the management wasn't fair at all and, yes, shows favoritism.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 10, 2014
The management at Forever 21 was great. A typical work day, started off by checking out schedules and where you've been assigned to, knowing sales and promos and attending to customers.
Productive and fun place to work
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Victoria, BCNovember 5, 2014
Pros: good music
Cons: slower in the winter months
Overall Forever 21 is a good company to work for. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be having great coworkers and the good music. Hardest part would probably be overnight shifts every few weeks, although they were manageable.
productive place to gain experience
Team member, visuals and accessories (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 22, 2014
the company has rules but they dont really explain these rules to new intakes.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONOctober 16, 2014
Had fun meeting friendly people. Great environment however short hours.
Busy, fun with good music
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONOctober 15, 2014
Pros: discount on clothes
Cons: not enough hours
My typical day at work consisted of putting back clothing ("go-backs") from the fitting rooms back to the specific zone they came from, making sure customers had no trouble by asking customers if they need help with sizes, matching or finding what they are looking for.
Management and co=workers were awesome, full of energy and fun to work with, our managers were never rude or snappy, were very professional. The hardest part f this job for me was the first few closing shifts, because the store was so big and each worker had their own section to clean it often took quite a while to get the hang of it . most enjoyable part, well, being there around all the clothing, latest trends, helping customers. I really enjoy retail jobs!
Fun experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), vaughan, onOctober 5, 2014
Management was not the best at the time. Good entry-level job.
Good startup job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 1, 2014
A typical day at work would be me in the fitting rooms, helping customers get into their rooms and waiting till they are done to hang and tidy the clothes on hangers. Then I would sort the clothes to bring them to their rightful place/section in the store in order to bring them back to the sales floor for them to have another chance with a different customer.
Other days would be me featured on the sales floor, asking customers if they need any assistance finding anything. Or being on cash and ringing them up.
Fun work environment with lots of responsibilities
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 15, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: messy store
-Mostly cleaning and customer service.
-i have learned to be efficient and work faster to get things done.
-Your section had to be clean for you to go home or somedays you have to help everyone else with their section.
-Specially on weekends the store would be a mess. Cleaning the store was quite time consuming and exhausting.
-It is still one of favourite stores. The clothes are really great and affordable.
poor
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 12, 2014
not a good place to work fulltime, overworked not enough pay
You work with friendly people but there is alot of issues with some.
customer service (Former Employee), dartmouthJuly 16, 2014
Working at forever 21, there was good co-workers and also alot that gave a negative vibe and tried to up-do you instead of helping you
Fast paste environment with a strong team
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa OntarioJuly 8, 2014
Pros: works around your availability
Cons: a lot of work + late hours
Forever 21 is retail store that concentrates on customer service. It's probably the busiest clothing store in Ottawa. Although it does make a lot of sales daily, it does require a lot of work throughout the day. I'm extremely grateful to work in an environment that allows people to be themselves and help customers smile. Each sales associate is responsible to keep up with maintaining their sections, while greeting and helping customers. I work with about 50+ employees, who are hard working people, with the same goal of making sure the store is presented well. The hardest part of the job is the schedule. You are not promised the hours and unfortunately you are scheduled a different shift every day. We are scheduled as early as 8am and as late as 11pm on weekdays, depending on the amount of cleaning and organizing there is to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with people you may consider your friends, and helping customers find the perfect outfit for them.
not a good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 2, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: only 10 percent discount
the people are very dramatic
very fun environment
love the busy rush
Decent part time job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJune 26, 2014
Overall my experience was okay working at forever 21. It was a convenient job especially during my school year. It was a fast environment so it kept me on my toes.
Forever 21 and my experience
Team Leader/Stock Associate/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 9, 2014
Pros: great staff, different tasks each day, fast paced.
Cons: long hours, big store, a lot of walking
Working at forever 21 involves a lot of teamwork because it is a big store and requires a lot of work to maintain its cleanliness and look of the store. The management is okay but could be a lot better, managers do communicate with each other but always have different ideas which tends to clash. The newer employees have not been trained properly because the managers have other employees train the new ones, and the the employees training the new workers have not been trained properly themselves. The hardest part of the job is maintaining the store throughout the day and especially closing. I respect the managers because of all the hard work they go through every night to keep the store in tip top shape for the next business day.If you don't have a good team working at night you will be looking at a long night and a stressful one at that.The only reason i have been there for so long is because of the people i work with. The people who i work with are very fun and very efficient at what they do. I would say the people you work with is the most enjoyable part of the day and the fact you're always doing something different everyday and the work environment is fast paced.All in all it is a retail job none the less,if you make friends and work efficiently you will definitely enjoy the job. If you really need a job, bring a resume and drop by. This is not a long term job! Keep in mind when you work here that it is temporary and unless you're looking to move up the ladder, do not stay as a sales associate.

1 2 3