Forever 21 Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
If You Have No Choice
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 7, 2016
Pros: Cute clothing
Cons: Short Lunch Breaks, No Organization or Regulations or Order in the Workforce, Not a freindly or Positive Work Place to be in, Low store- discount
They didnt take in consideration of the care about their employees well being. Favoritism is a given to obtain frequent/ daily shifts.
Short Lunch Breaks, No Organization or Regulations or Order in the Workforce, Not a friendly or Positive Work Place to work for.

Working here made ready and have tolerance to deal with any un-easiness

But I do love their clothing some quality is cheap but the design and style are good and i usually shop online
The employees there were very nice but the atmosphere was very delicate.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 6, 2016
The management within the work environment that I was apart of, would consistently out you under scrutiny, even if you did not do anything wrong. They always assumed the worst out of people, and if you were a good employee they would never regonize it. I called in sick twice once because of a sinus infection, and the other because of a viral infection. I was always 15 minutes early, willing to stay late if needed, and would take other peoples shifts, and that went un-noticed.

The employees tried to make the best of it though and would happily talk to customers, and sing along to the music while they worked.
Very fast pace work environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 30, 2016
Pros: Great Staff
Cons: Not enough hours to have enough staff on floor
Everyday at Forever 21 was busy, fast pace and involved an immense amount of multitasking. I learned to stay positive and learn quick. Management was so supportive and understanding, they truly creative a family feel among coworkers. The hardest part of working at Forever 21 was in an environment of such high traffic and minimal staff. That is where experience, prioritizing and communication were such an important part of the job to stay a float. The most enjoyable part was when you could truly satisfy a customer with making them feel confident in something they would typically never see themselves in.
Fun workplace with great people to work with
Sales associate (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 3, 2016
The work is really fast paced since the store is, most of the days, busy. So you have to be fast with your duties to maintain the store's standards.
It teaches you on how to deal with pressure and also on how to manage your duties.
The store management is really good, they are experienced and trustworthy. Co-workers are also great, mostly young people with good sense of humor, making the work day much better.
The toughest part of the job is when there's a accumulation of activities to do in a short period of time. The best part is the flexible schedule.
Productive and friendly work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 17, 2016
A typical day at work was fun and interesting. There was always something to do and I was always busy. My co-workers and mangers were all great. The hardest part of the job was keeping the work area clean because things would always get moved around, such as clothes, jewelry and shoes. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the friendly people I worked with,
Productive & Fun workplace
Sales associate (Current Employee), Ottawa East, ONJanuary 16, 2016
Pros: Good work team
Cons: Not enough hours
Typical days at work usually start very early in the morning opening the store. I have learned great skills on how to work efficiently and well with others especially when organizing merchandise in the back of our stock room. The people I work with are usually very friendly and personable. The hardest part is lifting heavy stock boxes in the back and the most enjoyable part is working on the floor interacting with the customers.
stressful workplace
Sales Associate and Cashier and stock (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 19, 2016
Cons: NO INCENTIVES, no work parties - no christmas party, long closing shifts, 5 cent raises
the work is slavery,
you don't go home till 1am sometimes = feet HURT after work
they do not put any staff during the day so for the 6pm shift the store is a DISASTER!
so the closing shift does all the work and gets the store ready for the next day,
the hours are bad= not regular or no hours at all
horrible discount (only 10%)
need to have lots of patience with customers and messes
employees cant make purchases while working (cant get paid to buy something... so i stopped buying their clothes)
the ONLY thing i enjoyed was the people i worked with (minus rude managers with attitude who don't help you do any work, just sit in the back room and hide)
the CEO is on forbs list= top 500 riches people of the world yet pay their employees minimum wage and the discount for employees is only 10%....
no one should work here
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 22, 2016
Forever 21 was my first retail job. There I grew not only professionally but also personally. Soon the management team fell apart and as retail goes many employees dropped like dead flies. I stayed for some time to see new generations hire, but soon my time to leave came as well. No matter where I go now I always refer to my experience at Forever 21 as it was great. Still today I keep in touch with my managers and many of my coworkers. However if you are not a fan of bratty teens (sometimes moms) perhaps F21 isn't for you because 75% of your customers are exactly that. Also expect to work late nights as customers are ruthless and flip your store upside down without considering the fact that you (also a human being with no more than two hands) have to clean up after all of them and restore the store back to its NCO (Neat, clean and organized) racks, tables and displays just how the visuals left them in the afternoon.
Fellow coworkers are amazing and the only reason I stayed.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 9, 2015
Pros: Coworkers
Cons: Very low discount and unsupportive management
I had worked at Forever 21 for a year and 2 months, in this year I found myself happy and miserable but more of the latter. I have made a lot of friends in my time here and they are the only reason I have stuck it out so long, they are like my family. I only now have to leave because the management has taken a turn in these last few months and it has become a toxic environment no longer focused on being family driven .
Review on Forever21 Fairview Mall
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 21, 2015
Pros: Work trips and discount
Cons: Long hours
My experience at Forever 21 Fairview was bitter sweet, i personally feel like the management is not good, some managers dnt act like managers, your infromaton is shared with employees. My co-workers are good they work really good. The hardest part about working at F21 is leaving late after the store has been close.
Forever xxi
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Pros: Girls made work enjoyable
Cons: Slightly low pay, judgmental hiring staff, tired aching feet from always standing and walking around the store, times of break and lunch are too short
Work was sort of an enjoyable place because of its spacious working environment and there were many young ambitious ladies who made work a little less boring. Head and hiring staff were picky and sometimes overwhelming to deal with, asking employees to do tasks on their own or in partners that were very laboring. Managed to accomplish a lot of tasks around the store when finished in my area/zone. Learned that the retail business is very tough, the hours are long, treacherous and exhausting but hard work always pays off. Hardest part was was waking up for morning shifts but they were worth it and lastly, the most enjoyable part was getting to enjoy the products that we provided in the store.
great place to work
Sales Associate & Stock Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 7, 2016
Pros: Great clothing
Cons: not enough hours
I learned more about myself and that I enjoy working with customers and being in a fast pace environment.
I learned to work in a big team which enhanced my communication skills and made me become a better team player.
Not a good place to work ! choose another brands
Sales Associate (Former Employee), West Vancouver, BCNovember 9, 2015
Cons: very low discount for employees, no shift security, not experienced managers, managers also so rudes and mean
basically, hours you get per week can vary from 4 hrs to 44 hrs and it's not stable at all, there is no guarantee.
on the new stores managers are usually very young and not experienced, thinking only about numbers, they don't know how to motivate the employees and just keep pushing them with a very bad attitude, rude and mean.
some of the co-workers are nice and some of them trying to make the work environment unfriendly.
NOT recommended.
fast paced environment with many multi-tasking jobs
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 2, 2015
Pros: Mall discount
Cons: Misunderstanding customers
Greeting customers with a smile on your face is a must, thinking positively daily helped me enjoy my job. i learned that they are many different people in this world with different personalities and working here made me adapt to all of them. forever 21 was actually a wonderful job, management was usually very understanding, co-workers are actually amazing people and the music we played around the shop helped keep us going.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate/ Visual worker (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 12, 2016
Always something to busy whether it was maintaining clothes, pushing product or helping out in the fitting rooms. Hardest part would be when we were busy and trying to keep up with maintaining the store at the same or faster speed it was getting destroyed at.
Enjoyable workplace
Lead Services/ IT representative - Management (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 28, 2016
The workplace is great! The company emphasizes on team work a lot and because of this, employees develop good relationships. It requires a lot of work, however the environment and the staff helps make work fun.
fast paced environment
ASM OF MERCHANDISING (Current Employee), Richmond, BCApril 3, 2016
fast paced environment.
I love working with my co workers who strive the same and yet still making it a fun environment.
The hardest part of the job is getting the work done in allotted time as it is a big store.
Productive and fun workplace
MANAGER OF SERVICE AND OPERATIONS (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 3, 2016
-very busy store
- managing about 60 employees
- very strong management team
- sales driven environment
- very fun environment to work
- multitasking is the most challenging part of the job.
Must be able to work fast and efficiently
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 17, 2015
Cons: Long Hours
Must be able to work fast and efficiently in order to maintain the productivity of the floor. Must be friendly and help customers with finding their items. Must be able to properly communicate with others. Must be able to stand and work long hours ( may pass scheduled hours)
Normal Day at Forever 21
CASHIER (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 2, 2015
Management is the worst, do not understand requests or availabilities. Normal day at work is slow in the morning but gets busy by noon and especially around closing time. The best part of the job is know that customers are satisfied with the service and walked around with a happy purchase. I learned a lot working at Forever 21, I learned how to open and close the store; stock up what was needed around the cashier area, provide excellent service through phone (looking for item), learned to fold clothes properly (the way f21) wants it to be, learned to deal with change room and learned how to detect "theft" but to use recovery sentences.