Forever 21 Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Forever 21 and my experience
Team Leader/Stock Associate/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 9, 2014
Pros: great staff, different tasks each day, fast paced.
Cons: long hours, big store, a lot of walking
Working at forever 21 involves a lot of teamwork because it is a big store and requires a lot of work to maintain its cleanliness and look of the store. The management is okay but could be a lot better, managers do communicate with each other but always have different ideas which tends to clash. The newer employees have not been trained properly because the managers have other employees train the new ones, and the the employees training the new workers have not been trained properly themselves. The hardest part of the job is maintaining the store throughout the day and especially closing. I respect the managers because of all the hard work they go through every night to keep the store in tip top shape for the next business day.If you don't have a good team working at night you will be looking at a long night and a stressful one at that.The only reason i have been there for so long is because of the people i work with. The people who i work with are very fun and very efficient at what they do. I would say the people you work with is the most enjoyable part of the day and the fact you're always doing something different everyday and the work environment is fast paced.All in all it is a retail job none the less,if you make friends and work efficiently you will definitely enjoy the job. If you really need a job, bring a resume and drop by. This is not a long term job! Keep in mind when you work here that it is temporary and unless you're looking to move up the ladder, do not stay as a sales associate.
Worst place to work for.
Sales associate. (Current Employee), Calgary, Alberta CanadaNovember 3, 2012
Let me start of by saying this review is for my store only, and i can see why people enjoy this job. Let me first talk about the way the managers treat the sales associates. The will talk to us like trash, always put us down. I've been constantly insulted by my managers, and i have heard them talking about sA in the back room. One time i called my manager out on it and she told me thats not what they were talking about. I was appalled. The management calls us 'replaceable' and 'useless' when ive never seen any harder workers that the f21 girls. We work out butts off to have all the go backs under control, and to help customers. The fits at my store are so terrible to work in. They are the worst place to be on a busy day because there is no help for you what so ever. The managemtient doesn't do their figure 8's so we have constant customers comming into fits asking for us to do things for them. Another thing is cutting hours. I under stand places need to do this, but when it's a game of favorites... its a different story. If youre not favored, cutting will not be fair. They will cut 1 girls whole shift, and some other girls shifts in half, but some girls never get cut. It's totally unfair, like why not cut everyones shifts by a few hours.. Minus all these problems the sA's are wonderful, and everyone is nice. One last thing is when we have a lot stolen from us at one time, they blame everyone, and i menan call you out infront of customers. The management at f21 sucks.. Very unproffesional. I would really think twice before getting a job here.
Fast paste environment with a strong team
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa OntarioJuly 8, 2014
Pros: works around your availability
Cons: a lot of work + late hours
Forever 21 is retail store that concentrates on customer service. It's probably the busiest clothing store in Ottawa. Although it does make a lot of sales daily, it does require a lot of work throughout the day. I'm extremely grateful to work in an environment that allows people to be themselves and help customers smile. Each sales associate is responsible to keep up with maintaining their sections, while greeting and helping customers. I work with about 50+ employees, who are hard working people, with the same goal of making sure the store is presented well. The hardest part of the job is the schedule. You are not promised the hours and unfortunately you are scheduled a different shift every day. We are scheduled as early as 8am and as late as 11pm on weekdays, depending on the amount of cleaning and organizing there is to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with people you may consider your friends, and helping customers find the perfect outfit for them.
Terrible Experience
Sales associate/cashier (Former Employee), Newmarket, OnJune 11, 2015
Pros: Staff members
Cons: High turn over, 10% discount, unorganized
Management had been terrible from the very first day I started working for the company back in 2011. Over time it just got worse, always unprofessional & on major power trips and have no clue how to treat people. Majority of gossip came from the management team. The company itself isn't good to their employees either. They randomly started making major changes to the company and cut hours drastically, started getting rid of positions & deducting people's pay.

Never received any incentives, bonuses, or gratis! Company does absolutely nothing for employees.

Work/life/balance doesn't exist with this company either- overworked & underpaid.

Best part of working here was my co workers (Not managers) because we all got along & it made work enjoyable.

As for customers on average they're pretty understandable biggest issue I ever had with customers was the company store policy (NO REFUNDS) but honestly such a high volume store you learn how to deal with a lot.
Fun quick and easy
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONJune 3, 2015
Your day at Forever 21 starts off by reviewing the daily target, ADS and UPT scores and yesterdays overall finish. Aside from helping customers accessorize or build an outfit for their evening, I have learned to work with cash and Interact transactions. I have also got to work in stock unboxing items for the new floor set and also will fill in spaces needed. The co-workers at Forever 21 make it very enjoyable to go back. After being there for almost two years, it's almost too sad to leave. I feel that the company's managerial skills are exceeding more than ever before as well as security. Nothing is hard unless you make it hard but it's about prioritizing. Your section will be messy at the end of the night if you don't keep an eye on it as well as your racks that you have to maintain within the fitting room. Aside from cleaning the sections that can sometimes take extra minutes, it's really fun working with customers who love the product they get and with all the co-workers who are more than happy to help.
Fast-paced, fun work place!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 13, 2015
Pros: Seeing what comes in the store before we sell it
Many people I know tell me how even walking into Forever 21 gives them anxiety. Its so big, and has so many things to choose from. If customers think this -- just imagine working there. When you are on the floor, there is never a minute you get to yourself, ALWAYS something to do.

The hardest part about my job would probably have to be the cleaning. I TRULY believe, if every person were to work one day at this store, it would NEVER be a mess. Some nights we are there until 12:00 AM organizing the store, to make sure everything is perfect for the next morning.

Although, it can be difficult at times, dealing with keeping your section maintained, as well as helping out customers to ensure they leave with a smile on their face, my co-workers make a hard day at work, seem just fine. I remember when my old manager left, she got hired at H&M and they had literally told her "We are hiring you because if you can work retail in Forever 21... You can work retail anywhere!".
Engaging, Fulfilling, but terrible environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), toronto,ONApril 24, 2015
Pros: great experience learning how to deal with customers and make sales
Cons: unpredictable and unreasonable overtime hours and terrible management
Job was extremely fulfilling and enjoyed customer service aspect of it. Over the course of six months, I maintained relationships with returning customers who enjoyed my help and advice.

Management and environment was lacking. Very poor employee respect by management. Management or veterans look down at you, very passive-aggressive environment, unsympathetic to employee needs and wants. Poor hours. employees are told that they are EXPENDABLE.

On most occasions I was asked to stay until midnight when my shift ended at ten. I was not informed of the extremity of the overtime hours. Not recommended for high school students or anyone with university course-load. Was unprepared for the maltreatment and unreasonable expectations.

The experience it gives you in the retail field is amazing.
Productive and friendly environment
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), toronto, onApril 29, 2014
I love my management, they are wonderful people who really do their best to train us, and help us to grow in the company as an employee. A typical day at work would be primarily focusing on customer service and in helping the customer find the products they need, and to ensure that they are having an enjoyable time at our store. Other than that, cleaning and maintaining our sections is also key, and making sure all the go backs are done in a timely manner. I learned through this experience is to work efficiently and multitasking is key. Also I have learned to memorize where things are because it is quite important when you need to help customers look for something, if you do not know where the product is it would not be very helpful to the customer at all.
Busy, fun with good music
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONOctober 15, 2014
Pros: discount on clothes
Cons: not enough hours
My typical day at work consisted of putting back clothing ("go-backs") from the fitting rooms back to the specific zone they came from, making sure customers had no trouble by asking customers if they need help with sizes, matching or finding what they are looking for.
Management and co=workers were awesome, full of energy and fun to work with, our managers were never rude or snappy, were very professional. The hardest part f this job for me was the first few closing shifts, because the store was so big and each worker had their own section to clean it often took quite a while to get the hang of it . most enjoyable part, well, being there around all the clothing, latest trends, helping customers. I really enjoy retail jobs!
Very busy atmosphere, with things to keep you constantly entertained.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chinook mall, Calgary, Alberta.July 24, 2015
Pros: Keeps you busy from the start of your shift to the end.
Cons: The hours are long.
Right from the moment i sign in, for my shift, there is a boat load of things for you to do. There is never a moment where you stand around and do nothing. The atmosphere is very busy but fun. The co-workers are so kind, and all around amazing. The hardest part of the job is when the store is closed. There are so many clothes piled up and ready for you to put away. You also have to clean your section, which can take hours, if you don't do it correctly. You also aren't allowed to leave the store unless every section is perfect, and ready for the next day. Overall it's a great learning experience, that will teach you to be patient and how to get things done at a fast pace.
Efficient workplace as a working student
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee), North York, ONMay 29, 2014
A typical day at work for myself is mainly working as a cashier and also occasionally providing customer service on the sales floor. As a cashier, I process transactions for customers and provide any customer service. I've learned the economics and structure of retail. Management is sufficient with structure and managing employees. My co-workers vary from difficult to work with, to able to cooperate with myself and others to provide the companies' goals and aims. The hardest part of the job is providing proficient customer service with such a busy and vast environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with people my age who I can socialize with on the job whilst still performing the job efficiently.
Fun place to work at !
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 8, 2015
Pros: Great environment to wok in.
Cons: None!
My typical day at work, would be mainly helping people out and making customers feel welcomed. I would put away clothes from change rooms to the racks, make sure all hangers are facing one way and all pieces of clothing are where they should be. Everyone is very nice, my co-workers and mangers are nice. The Job isn't that hard, its pretty easy you just need to learn how to deal with certain customers, but once you've been in retail for a while, you get the hang of it. I love helping people choose outfits and seeing them sastifyid with my help. Seeing a customer smile makes me happy that I'm there to assist them on their shopping experience, just as I hope to receive on my shopping experience at any other store.
Big store with young energetic staff.
Cashier/Stock Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONAugust 27, 2015
Very big store with many tasks that need to be completed during the day to function at an efficient and productive level. As a stock associate the typical day would be receiving product, getting the product prepped and ready for the floor, and working hand in hand with the merchandising team to get said product to the floor. As a cashier, it can be pretty monotonous ringing through transactions as there aren't many slow periods especially during holidays or special sales. The staff is quite young and it is easy to make quick connections. The management team was very flexible and understanding when it came to scheduling. The most enjoyable part of the job was working closely with my co-workers.
One of the worst places to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto ONApril 13, 2013
Management team was completely unreasonable. The store manager was one of the stupidest people I've ever met, it's questionable if she even finished high school. Store manager was so bad that other assistant managers would quit and complain but still she remains. They hire so many people so good luck getting hours. The store is always messy because even though they've hired so many employees, they don't actually schedule a lot of people to work. Was there for over a year and was promised a wage increase but didn't get one. Put it this way, for minimum wage you're working your butt off for nothing. You will learn nothing here and you're constantly trying to prove yourself just to get hours for a sales associate job.
A fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 25, 2015
A typical day at forever 21 would be you would sign into the computer and then the manger would give you a section to look after and for the rest of the time you would be looking after your section picking up clothing and putting things away and helping costumers. I learned about a lot more about costumer service how to improve. The Mangement is very good they care about there employees. All of my co workers are very nice fun to be around. The hardest part of the job would be standing for long periods of time but i have learned to work around it. The most enjoyable part of my job would be seeing the costumers walking out of the store with a smile on there face cause they have found what they wanted .
As a sales associate
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Happy pleasant social life with coworkers and customers
Working at Forever 21 as a sales associate made me realize how communication is a very important skill in everyday activities. When it comes to work, communication helps make things move forward because everyone is on the same page and therefore less delay because of confusion and etc. Forever 21 was the type of store that would be extremely busy during typical rush-hours, and that being said, sometimes each of my coworkers/managers would be too busy to help one another out. With that type of situation, each had to learn to be independent and self-efficient, which is an important skill I learned to develop and improve then.
Productive, easy workplace
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: interested in fashion
Cons: hardly got any hours, managers were not very friendly
A typical day at Forever 21 was to maintain and clean my section of the store. Also to portray a great image of Forever 21 with excellent customer service. I learned the different fashion trends and the basics of working in retail. I got along very well with all my co-workers. The managers weren't as friendly and did not give many options with the work schedule. The hardest part of the job was making sure all clothes are put back into the correct spot. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was helping customers, vicing my opinion, and getting to know the people I worked with.
Overall a very positive and energetic work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 10, 2015
My day would usually start of with being assigned to either Fitting Room or a specific area of the store.
We will be notified of sales and promotions that we need to know of to make sure we let customers know.
I would get familiar with the work area, if I am on the floor then I will walk around familiarize myself with the items located in my area.
Once my shift start we keep the work area clean, retrieve clothing from fitting room that is specific to my area and out them back to their designated area.
If I am doing a closing shift, then we would make sure all clothing are clear from the fitting rooms and organize and clean all displays.
Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: fashion industry, meeting new people
Cons: not enough hours, not scheduled some week, isn't fun environment
A typical day starts off as you clock in and have our opening meeting of where we are placed in the store for the remainder of the night. Through the day of work we greet customers, help customers and keep our shop clean. What I've learned is that customer service is very important in the business world. I have some amazing co-workers, I have made many good relationships with workers. The hardest part about working in such a enormous store is finding the proper place for a particular article of clothing, so you tend to see a lot of blended clothes which is not appealing.
A Fun Filled Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: managers were friendly
Cons: finger scan not scanning properly
When I worked there I mostly sorted the clothing, keeping my area of the workplace clean, and making sure everything was in its place. I assisted customers with their needs and answered any question they had based on a clothing item.The managers were always on the go but made sure everyone was doing their job. The co-workers were cooperating with each other in order to keep the store organized for all the customers. The hardest part of the job was to assist every customer as fast as you can especially when it came to being busy. Other than that the job in general was enjoyable.