Reporting to the Third Line Manager Lead, the DBA Support Specialist is serving as the principal point of contact to Tier 2, Deployment and to the external customer in the resolution of system failures. The DBA Support Specialist is responsible for coordinating the resources and materials necessary to resolve incidents and problems that have been assigned and to prevent them from recurring.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Minimize impact of error on customer systems by providing prompt resolution.
- Determine root cause analysis for support issues and implement corrective measures.
- Administer DBA Tier 3 support related incidents and problems according to current support procedures and protocols.
- Ensure that the internal and external customers are always aware of the status and progression of their incidents, problems, or project related tasks.
- Analyze ways to make support more efficient (time, costs, and tools)
- Provide Technical Knowledge transfer to internal customer by formal and informal training
- Escalate bugs, problem enhancements, and design changes to the CCB/CAB
- Perform quality control audits.
- Develop and configure support tools
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of five years of experience
- Experience with system integration
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills.
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Ability to handle high level of stress
- Practical knowledge of Windows
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies
- Fluent in both English and French
- University degree in computer science or equivalent technical training
- Strong knowledge of Oracle Database 9i,11g, SQL and PL/SQL
- Practical knowledge of Recovery Manager (RMAN)
- Experience with exporting and importing
- Experience in Virtualizing
- Practical knowledge of Linux and Windows
- Scripting knowledge (i.e. Perl, VBscripts, Python)
- Performance Tuning would be an asset
- DBA certification on Oracle, would be an asset
- PostgreSQL knowledge would be an asset
Indeed - 7 months ago