Foremost Industries Employee Reviews

Very good people
Journeyman Welder (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB20 January 2017
I enjoyed working here, I made good money, the managment was good and lenient, it's a safe place to work, only minor incidents ever happened when I worked here
Pros
Good paced work
Cons
Respiratory mask needed at times
Mostly average workplace environment
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 October 2016
The role of technical writer at Foremost hardly involved interacting with anyone else because the nature of their production and sales is based on orders of the same limited line of products. It wasn't too difficult to create parts manuals for the next order because 90% of it would be based on prior models of the same type of heavy equipment with only very minor modifications. So one would find themselves doing the same thing over and over from day to day and from week to week.

I learned to utilize Adobe graphics software applications as well as engineering-centric applications....but for the most part in their environment was self-taught or trial and error because there was no one free or available to provide guidance and no one saw it as part of their role to train anyone else.

Management took great risk in what was hoped would be the way to advance the business and increase market share by acquiring or taking over other complimentary businesses but it resulted in hastening the near-collapse of the entire operation with the unexpected worldwide decline of the O&G industry. This resulted in over 70% of staff being laid off throughout their 8 locations in Canada.

Co-workers were generally sociable and congenial.

The hardest part of the job was envisioning professional growth within the company. It did not appear that there was a path, nor a proactive employee development plan.

Probably the most enjoyable part of the job was the predictability of each day. You knew what needed to be done and when things were expected to be completed and there were very few surprises
  more... along the way.  less
learned about metal
Band Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 May 2016
It was a very mundane job with very routine tasks. took a lot to stay on task as I had 2 hours of learning and ran machine by myself.
No team work, no one helped.Boss was up and down with pay after deal arranged for salary.
Pros
learning curve
Cons
mundane tasks no chance to learn anything else
good place to work
Apprentice Welder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 April 2016
The company was fully supportive of the apprentice program in Alberta. I finished my last two years of schooling at Foremost. they would help with costs and make it easy to get time to take the schooling.
Pros
very supportive
Cons
took a while foe E.I, to kick in.
excellent training and management
Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB26 February 2016
Great team atmosphere, every one ready and eager to work together to complete the project. Lots of experienced workers to train the new guys in all aspects of work and safety.
Pros
staff bbq's monthly
Cons
communication from facility to facility
Productive and fun workplace. Learned a lot of things about Oil & Gas Industry.
Administrative Assistant - Document Control (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB26 October 2015
Very supportive management. Fun workplace and good co-workers. Positive work environment. Co-workers are helpful and I learned a lot from them.
Excellent Corporate Manager
Field Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB20 October 2015
Excellent Corporate Manager who excelled at developing his team, and who personally mentored me to fully actualize my potential. The VP and Field CMT were excellent to work with, bringing a vast amount of experience and knowledge. Overall good experience.
Pros
HSE Corp Manager/ VP
Cons
Minimal support staff, previous estimating team, Manufacturing Operations Management
Good place to work, challenging jobs, managing time and people
Journeyman Welder (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2015
I typically work ten hour days. I've learned a good foreman can make the environment friendly or a nightmare. I work with very talented people. Dealing with out of date drawings. I enjoy starting with a pile of raw material and at the end of the day it has formed into our product.
Pros
no one bothers you as long as your meeting your requirements.
Cons
bad management can some times be difficult.
A very good environment to learn new things and advance.
Data Management & Purchasing assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta13 February 2015
I would get to work around 7 am and try and get most of the paperwork done before lunch so that in the afternoon I could concentrate on helping other departments with the need for work orders to be made. I learned that I can adapt myself to almost any situation and come out on top. I am able to try hard and learn what needs to be known and once I get the hang of it I can succeed at it. I had an amazing manager and he always tried to answer any questions I had as well as walk me through the things I struggled with step by step.
productive, good management, safe, and clean
Painter/sand blaster/Machinist saw cutter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 January 2015
I learned much from working at this company and the fellow workers and management were friendly

Want to know more about Foremost Industries?

Ask a question
good place to work
Industrial Painter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2014
good place to work poor management and worst union in the city
Tank Shop Welder (Former Employee) –  lloydminster, ab2 March 2014
loved the welding experience and I learned a lot. The money was not worth the move to Lloydminster however.
Enjoyed my job and atmosphere
Receptionist/Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 January 2014
Printing drawings for the shop to build oil rigs
Management was great very hands on
Co- workers were amazing and very helpful when needed