Foremost Industries Employee Reviews in Canada

good place to work
Apprentice Welder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 11, 2016
The company was fully supportive of the apprentice program in Alberta. I finished my last two years of schooling at Foremost. they would help with costs and make it easy to get time to take the schooling.
Pros
very supportive
Cons
took a while foe E.I, to kick in.
excellent training and management
Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, ABFebruary 26, 2016
Great team atmosphere, every one ready and eager to work together to complete the project. Lots of experienced workers to train the new guys in all aspects of work and safety.
Pros
staff bbq's monthly
Cons
communication from facility to facility
Excellent Corporate Manager
Field Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABOctober 20, 2015
Excellent Corporate Manager who excelled at developing his team, and who personally mentored me to fully actualize my potential. The VP and Field CMT were excellent to work with, bringing a vast amount of experience and knowledge. Overall good experience.
Pros
HSE Corp Manager/ VP
Cons
Minimal support staff, previous estimating team, Manufacturing Operations Management
Productive and fun workplace. Learned a lot of things about Oil & Gas Industry.
Administrative Assistant - Document Control (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABOctober 26, 2015
Very supportive management. Fun workplace and good co-workers. Positive work environment. Co-workers are helpful and I learned a lot from them.
Good place to work, challenging jobs, managing time and people
Journeyman Welder (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 5, 2015
I typically work ten hour days. I've learned a good foreman can make the environment friendly or a nightmare. I work with very talented people. Dealing with out of date drawings. I enjoy starting with a pile of raw material and at the end of the day it has formed into our product.
Pros
no one bothers you as long as your meeting your requirements.
Cons
bad management can some times be difficult.
A very good environment to learn new things and advance.
Data Management & Purchasing assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaFebruary 13, 2015
I would get to work around 7 am and try and get most of the paperwork done before lunch so that in the afternoon I could concentrate on helping other departments with the need for work orders to be made. I learned that I can adapt myself to almost any situation and come out on top. I am able to try hard and learn what needs to be known and once I get the hang of it I can succeed at it. I had an amazing manager and he always tried to answer any questions I had as well as walk me through the things I struggled with step by step.
productive, good management, safe, and clean
Painter/sand blaster/Machinist saw cutter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 27, 2015
I learned much from working at this company and the fellow workers and management were friendly
Enjoyed my job and atmosphere
Receptionist/Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 27, 2014
Printing drawings for the shop to build oil rigs
Management was great very hands on
Co- workers were amazing and very helpful when needed
good place to work
Industrial Painter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 5, 2014
good place to work poor management and worst union in the city
Tank Shop Welder (Former Employee) –  lloydminster, abMarch 2, 2014
loved the welding experience and I learned a lot. The money was not worth the move to Lloydminster however.