Foothills School Division Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Long days and evenings
Teacher (Former Employee), High River, ABJune 22, 2014
Pros: summers off, can find good colleagues to work with
Cons: poor communication, toxic atmosphere, poor management
Teaching does require long hours and a specific personality. I was/am a great teacher but the expectations and treatment of employees at Foothills is less than stellar. Classes would begin at 8:30 at the school I taught at and end at 3:15 but you then had work to do in the evening which would vary from 1 hour to 4 hours most nights. Much of this was marking and providing feedback which students do not see as valuable in this day and age.

Some co-workers at my school were great and easy to depend on. Others tried to create a similar setting to that created by the students, favoring others based on friendships not on ability. This did not foster a healthy working atmosphere for both teachers and students alike.
Loved working with the children
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), High River, ABSeptember 10, 2013
As I said before, the same still applies. I loved working with the children and under the guidance of my classroom teacher I learned many management skills, problems solving skills, and communication skills. I had a diverse team that I was working with and we got along wonderfully. I loved every aspect of my job.
Nighmare
IT (Former Employee), high riverFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: weak managment, no trainig, just expectations!
A horrible place to work, everybody is chasing their tale. A lot of expectations without any real managment!
Fun workplace
BUS DRIVER (Former Employee), High River, ABNovember 7, 2012
-Enjoy making a fun and happy environment for children.
-Enjoyed working with the people.
-Enjoyed hours.
A great school district for staff and students. Very inclusive and strive to find a good work/life balance for all staff.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), High River, ABOctober 7, 2012
This is an awesome school board. I have stayed with them for all these years because of their dedication to both students and staff.
My day would begin with friendly greetings from the guest teacher co-ordinator, all information necessary for my day, and the offer to help however needed.
The other staff members are friendly and always ready to lend a hand.
The most difficult aspect of my job as a guest teacher was having to leave for the day not knowing when I would be back.
The students, the way they process information is creative and unique.
Great networking opportunities
Educational Leader / Trainer (Former Employee), Okotoks, ABAugust 20, 2012
Pros: great networking
Cons: long hours
Great organization to learn from, diverse workplace, very unique working conditions where flexibility is a must