Foothills School Division Employee Reviews in Canada

Long days and evenings
Teacher (Former Employee) –  High River, ABJune 22, 2014
Teaching does require long hours and a specific personality. I was/am a great teacher but the expectations and treatment of employees at Foothills is less than stellar. Classes would begin at 8:30 at the school I taught at and end at 3:15 but you then had work to do in the evening which would vary from 1 hour to 4 hours most nights. Much of this was marking and providing feedback which students do not see as valuable in this day and age.

Some co-workers at my school were great and easy to depend on. Others tried to create a similar setting to that created by the students, favoring others based on friendships not on ability. This did not foster a healthy working atmosphere for both teachers and students alike.
Pros
summers off, can find good colleagues to work with
Cons
poor communication, toxic atmosphere, poor management
Positive and engaging workplace
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT COUNSELLOR (YDC) (Former Employee) –  High River, ABApril 15, 2014
Spitzee School's Behaviour Education Support Team program is a collaborative and positive team with many opportunities to effectively and cooperatively plan for students academically and behaviourally for success in school.
Loved working with the children
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  High River, ABSeptember 10, 2013
As I said before, the same still applies. I loved working with the children and under the guidance of my classroom teacher I learned many management skills, problems solving skills, and communication skills. I had a diverse team that I was working with and we got along wonderfully. I loved every aspect of my job.
Nighmare
IT (Former Employee) –  high riverFebruary 24, 2013
A horrible place to work, everybody is chasing their tale. A lot of expectations without any real managment!
Pros
nothing
Cons
weak managment, no trainig, just expectations!
Fun workplace
BUS DRIVER (Former Employee) –  High River, ABNovember 7, 2012
-Enjoy making a fun and happy environment for children.
-Enjoyed working with the people.
-Enjoyed hours.
A great school district for staff and students. Very inclusive and strive to find a good work/life balance for all staff.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  High River, ABOctober 7, 2012
This is an awesome school board. I have stayed with them for all these years because of their dedication to both students and staff.
My day would begin with friendly greetings from the guest teacher co-ordinator, all information necessary for my day, and the offer to help however needed.
The other staff members are friendly and always ready to lend a hand.
The most difficult aspect of my job as a guest teacher was having to leave for the day not knowing when I would be back.
The students, the way they process information is creative and unique.
Great networking opportunities
Educational Leader / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, ABAugust 20, 2012
Great organization to learn from, diverse workplace, very unique working conditions where flexibility is a must
Pros
great networking

2.1