Foot Locker Employee Reviews

Sneaker Heaven
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 November 2017
If you love your shoes, footlocker is where its at. Amazing brands. Footlocker has alot to teach about the retail business. They have a great training program and lots of support from upper management when and if help and guidance is needed
Pros
sneakers
Great company
Sales Associate and stock (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON and Scarborough, ON2 November 2017
depending on managers, this company provides well guided training and great working environment. salary is minimum wage with commission if working as sales associate
Pros
great environment to work
Cons
salary
Fun place to work lot's of energy
Manager of Operations / Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weston, ON1 November 2017
A typical day could vary as I dealt with 134 stores across Canada, anything from resignations of employees at store level to booking travel for my VP, completing expenses, paying invoices etc...
Our workplace culture was team building always working together to get any job done.

I enjoyed everyday as there was always a new challenge.
Pros
Team working environment
Great environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2017
I really enjoy this job! I heard it is different at high volume stores. My store is small and pretty slow. We make commission and I heard that at the higher volume stores, people steal each others sales. So I guess you have to be careful of that. We either make commission or base pay, whatever is higher at the end of the day. So that kind of sucks. You work pretty hard to sell stuff. You should be able to make commission on top of your base pay. The commission rate is pretty low also. For high volume stores its somewhere between 1.5-3. My store is low volume so its 3.5. Which is not a lot at all since we do not make a lot in a day. My coworkers and managers are amazing though! I really like learning all the different shoes and selling them to people and helping people get the shoes they want. The only thing I don't like is the pay
Under paid store managers
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2017
Mangers do literally everything, Which is a good and bad thing.

create schedules
hire and fire staff
train all staff
responsible for sales
sometimes work holidays
process stock coming in and out

some storemangers work by themselves everyday for about 3-4 hours.
Pros
discount
Cons
underpaid
My review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 October 2017
Job is okay. They're getting rid of commission for Assistant Managers, Full-Time Sales Associates and Part-Time Associates. So, if commission is what your looking for, find somewhere else!
Work environment is different since management changed.
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 October 2017
Work used to be really fun, everyone got along like family but when management changed, EVERYTHING changed. Overall a good job to work at and benefits are great.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Not bad, but lots of favouritism
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 October 2017
Footlocker has a lot of room for advancement, and as long as you can show that you're a hard worker you'll move up quickly. However I do notice a lot of favoritism, both at store level and at district level. If you're not in with the right people, it's very hard to feel included.
bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 October 2017
worse place to work as a student management doesn't care if you go to school and have a demanding degree ( accounting, engineering, sciences) you work for minimum wage get treated like horribly and your grades suffer. not worth it in the long run keep your grades up so you can get paid properly when your done ur degree
Fun Environment
Part-Time Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON12 October 2017
The workplace culture is very different from what I have previously experienced. In the past I would have enough time to lounge around, however at Footlocker there's always something to do. It's a nice change of pace and builds proper work ethics.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long closing
Good job to have on the side
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC10 October 2017
Management needs improvement along with their training.
the job is very customers based to you need to be energetic and outgoing. easy paced job. expect to work all the big holidays and stats
Pros
easy pace
Cons
hours/ making commission very much depend on how busy your store is
Shoe culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2017
I personally love working at footlocker. It is pleasant to come into a workplace where my co-workers and I are able to work as an efficent and effetive team. We use particular sales techniques to help our customers find exactly what they are looking for. Management does an excellent job at directing us in sales, and schedule according to mall/retail trends.The hardest part of the job is not even hard, but when sales are slow it gets frustrating trying to meet days sales. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with all kinds of people because of the large demographics of Footlocker.
Pros
Cool shoes
Cons
Retail trends
Well balanced and fun work environment
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2017
I enjoyed working at Foot Locker due to the working environment being comfortable and relaxed. Made friends easily as well. Not all fun and games though, of course work needed to be done and you needed to bring your "A" game everyday.
FootLocker is a fun and easy going company
Sales Associate & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2017
Footlocker is a great company and it is an honour to work for them. The managers are friendly and relatable. The head-office managers are wise in who they promote within the company.
Pros
Friends and family discounts
Cons
commission is low
ok
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Valley, ON20 September 2017
The store was kept pretty clean as management was always on top of things. The people were great to work with with it was one of my most fun work places.
Fun job to help lead into sales and customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 September 2017
Foot Locker is a good job that helps people build a career as well as lead gaining personal sales and customer service skills. We worked both individually to meet sales goals and up-selling, as well as a team to meet store sales targets and provide excellent customer service and repeat customers.
Pros
Friendly working environment, fun, discounts
Cons
Less management and help to improve selling
Fun work place
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON14 September 2017
Even though this job is no longer available as footlocker is closed, this company was amazing to work for and it taught me a lot about shoes and the pros and cons.
Foot locker
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 September 2017
Loved working at foot locker the only thing was that the pay wasnt good and also they give you alot of work but little money what i loved was the discount i would get for shoes it was great and also dealing with different customer seeing their smile on the face when you helped them shoes the shoe they want its a very good feeling
For a first Job foot locker is the best place to start but for a career i do feel like it will take a long time to move up in the corporate
Pros
greats discount
Cons
little pay
Free-willing customer service
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 September 2017
-Showing up too work helping people with their shoe sizes and friendly conversations about what and why they needed certain shoes, helping kids with their sizes and dealing with the money and the packages that were either sent or received
-Dealing with customers in a different manner and environment, shoe sizes, shoe types and regulations, aesthetics, shirt sizes and boot sizes
-Management was very serious about conversing with the customers too get a more friendlier approach too the job making it easier for you too handle the task at hand
-Free willing and fast passed/ competitive for hours type of job with super advantages for the staff
-Hardest part of the job was cleaning the store
-Dealing with the customers and friendly co-worker environment
Pros
Discounts/Public relations
Cons
Half an hour breaks only
It's a good company to learn from.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON5 September 2017
I would work there again if I had the chance. But I learned a lot from the company and I will take those skills with me to the next work chapter in my life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foot Locker. Our community is ready to answer.