GENERAL MANAGER - Toronto
DO YOU “LOVE” FOOD??
“We are looking for a talented and dynamic GENERAL MANAGER to help launch and grow this exciting brand in the Toronto area. Working closely with the motivated corporate head office (Vancouver, BC), you will need to have a passion for leaving clients with a feeling of WOW! Overall, I am looking for a business savvy lover of food who can help revolutionize this exciting industry!”
…… Ryan Spong, Co-founder and CEO.
Foodee (www.Food.ee) is changing the way businesses order food from restaurants. We believe that everyone should have access to the best eateries in their city without any hassles. Want your favorite burger joint, but hate the traffic and long lines? We’re a team of passionate foodies solving that exact problem for your office.
At Foodee we believe in an environment that allows you to be creative and go beyond the call of duty. We’re looking for exceptionally talented individuals who want to learn and grow with the company. Each and every day counts; you’ll make a direct impact on the business starting from Day 1.
Since launching in 2012, we’ve delivered tens of thousands of meals to happy customers. We continue to grow and expand quickly. If you’re ready, come join us in the next food revolution and help change the way the world eats!
We’re looking for an A-player “General Manager” who is extremely motivated to launch and develop the Toronto market. This is a high growth opportunity for the right person looking to utilize their skills and become an integral part of building and growing a new brand. This is an amazing opportunity to learn all the aspects of building and running a high growth start-up company!
For the A-player looking for something special who can answer “yes” to all of the following questions, this is the opportunity for you:
- Do you LOVE food?
- Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit?
- Do you love to move fast?
- Are you looking to build that WOW factor in a company?
- Do you have a passion for organization and can easily multi-task?
- Are you excited about building an awesome culture?
- Do you have passion by the bucket loads?
- Do you want to make a difference and build something special?
If you answered “YES” to the above, you need to continue reading….
The Role Details:
The City General Manager is an exceptionally talented individual who will lead the way as we expand into this new market. You’ll be coordinating our launch and making key decisions from sourcing new vendor partners, building a team, finding new customers, local marketing and operations, onboarding various stakeholders, and growing revenue. You’re going to be hungry to succeed and do whatever it takes to make it. You’re organized and self-disciplined with a willingness to take on big challenges.
- Business-Savvy (with proven business management experience)
- Detail Oriented
- A Team Player
- Highly organized (with the proven ability to effectively and efficiently organize multiple priorities)
- Goal Driven
- A High Achiever
- Computer Savvy
- Open and accountable
- A Proven Leader
- Growth-oriented, both personally and professionally
- Management of marketing and business development activities to new and existing clients
- Building and developing key industry relationships (restaurants, delivery partners, etc)
- Hiring and inspiring all team members (sales, marketing, delivery partners)
- Ensuring exceptional service delivery (pre-start; during; and post-completion of deliveries)
- Scheduling & dispatching of all orders
- Full P&L responsibility for the local business unit
- General business management
- Consistently hit weekly revenue targets
- Consistently deliver a superior brand experience to everyone who interacts with the company
- Operate business with all agreed budget line items
- Confident, friendly ‘people person’ who can establish and maintain solid relationships
- Quick thinker, fast learner and problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years of experience in a management, operations, or marketing role
- An entrepreneurial mindset is a must
- Great people skills and sales ability
- An ability to get things done and done well
- Experience with coaching and training a team is a plus
- High tolerance for rejection and fear of the unknown
- Highly Organized
- Goal Oriented
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
If you feel that you’re up to the challenge, please email us your resume.