Food4Kids Hamilton Halton Niagara provides packages of healthy food for children aged 5 – 14 years with limited or no food access during weekends. Student Nutrition Programs provide breakfast or snack programs during the school week and Food4Kids fills provides healthy food access each weekend.
We are seeking a confident and dynamic individual to manage Food4Kids in Burlington and Oakville. The focus will be to manage volunteers, food distribution, generate funds to sustain programs and create a greater awareness of poverty and hunger in our own community. In addition, the Outreach Worker will provide hands-on coordination and support for approximately 20 partnered initiatives annually, and 2-3 special events throughout the year.
- Execute the planning, development and implementation of a comprehensive fund development program
- Meet annual fund development targets
- Coordinate 2-3 Special Events annually from concept to completion
- Work closely with volunteers, managing recruitment, motivation, meetings and recognition
- Source and coordinate purchasing of supplies and resources required for food distribution
- Maintain records ensuring a sufficient food supply for programs
- Coordinate volunteer packing and deliveries of food to local schools
- Identify prospects and develop a strategic communications and public relations program engaging local media, donors, corporations and community groups
- Completion of monthly reports outlining activities and achievements.
Key Competencies and Skills:
- University or College graduate in business, marketing, public relations or an equivalent combination of education, training and expertise
- A minimum of 3 years direct fundraising experience
- Demonstrated special event coordination
- Relationship management skills working effectively with internal and external sponsors
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Results-oriented and a creative thinker.
- Disciplined approach to planning and project execution with exceptional attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to work independently with ability to multi-task, manage a large volume of work with conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Ability to lift heavy items
- Flexibility with expectation of working occasional evenings and weekends.
How to apply:
1. Please send resume and cover letter in one document.
2. In your cover letter, please include the following:
- The number of years of direct fundraising experience you have;
- Please describe in 100 words or less, a fundraising event where you were the primary lead indicating the gross and net funds raised at this event;
- Why you are the best person suited for this position;
- Clearly identify your specific salary expectations.
No PHONECALLS Please. We thank all applications and will contact those selected for the interview process.
Closing date: July 18, 2013
Food4Kids Hamilton Halton Niagara provides packages of healthy food for children aged 5 – 14 years with limited or no food access during...