- At least 5-7 years in a health and safety role
- Previous work experience in an underground mine
- Supervisory experience
- Underground Supervisory Common Core and/or Mine Rescue training
- CRSP designation is an asset
- Training background
- Supports Company policies, procedures, goals and objectives to promote a safe, productive workplace.
- Demonstrates excellent conflict resolution skills, communication skills and sound judgment.
- Builds strong working relationships with supervisors, employees and management.
- Ensures compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Continuously improves the safety systems in place; support line management in the improvement of safety awareness and performance; collaborates with management to ensure consistency in investigations and reporting.
- Respond to employee concerns as per the IRS (Internal Responsibility System).
- Acts as an ambassador in the promotion of industrial health and safety programs.
- Development, maintenance and analysis of safety metrics and reports.
- Monitors/audits site safety systems; reports findings to the management team in a timely manner.
- Report accidents/incidents to the Ministry of Labour as prescribed by OHSA.
- Develop and conduct training programs (including mine rescue and first aid training).
Interested and want to know more. Please get back to me with a soft copy of your resume and number to reach you.
Indeed - 12 months ago