Founded on principles of quality, innovation, and personalized service, Food Supplies has not wavered from these ideals since our creation in March, 1993. Our clients represent a broad cross-section of the food industry landscape, from single owner-managed butcher shops and restaurants, to national chains and processors. We help increase client profits through a unique offering of innovative ingredients, merchandising solutions, foodservice equipment and supplies. Our continued success is largely the result of Food Supplies uncompromising standards, hands-on personnel, and the consistent quality of the products and services we offer.
Reporting to the President, you will provide advice and guidance on a variety of human resource related issues. Using a broad range of knowledge and techniques, your primary functions will be related to program development and coaching in the areas of compensation and benefits, performance management, recruitment, employee engagement and retention. In accordance with the strategic direction of Food Supplies, you will ensure Company and Health and Safety policies and procedures are consistently communicated and applied in compliance with employment law, preserving organizational integrity.
- Build organizational capability through strategic recruitment campaigns and the identification of effective recruitment channels; play an active role in candidate selection and on-boarding
- Aid in identifying local training and development opportunities and optimal delivery methods
- Translate business unit priorities into goals, plans and tactics that are aligned with the business and individual performance and incentive plans
- Partner with leaders on compensation issues relating to merit, talent rating calibration activities and implementation of compensation structure changes
- Consult and provide coaching to business leaders on effective performance management interventions, development plans, discipline, terminations and human rights matters
- Act as an Approver on employee change forms, payroll reconciliation, benefit administration, vacation, and leave management
- Maintain all necessary documentation, records and files to ensure compliance with legal and corporate requirements
- Ensure compliance with federal and provincial laws regulating employment including, but not limited to Employment Standards, Human Rights and Workers Compensation
- Recommend innovative approaches, policies and procedures for continuous improvement of HR and Health and Safety functions
- Support employee engagement by developing and sustaining the company newsletter, as well as, social and charitable events
- Other duties as required to ensure the smooth operation of the business, including booking executive travel, compiling sales reports, trade show and marketing support
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or relevant discipline
- Minimum 5 years related experience including, the application of comprehensive and current human resources management principles and practices
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply a range of legislation and corporate policies
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive relationships with employees, management and external vendors and to be seen as a credible business partner
- Demonstrated ability to independently organize workload in a customer-focused environment that includes multiple projects, hard deadlines and shifting priorities
- Demonstrated ability to maintain information in confidence and exercise good judgement
- Highly developed presentation, facilitation, problem solving and teamwork skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Experience in a sales driven environment preferred
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation is considered an asset
Qualified Applicants: Please submit a cover letter, including how you heard about this position and your current resume. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found, however applications will be reviewed as of July 7, 2014.
Position Type: Part-time, Permanent Position (2-3 days a week)
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience (Up to $35 per hour)
Food Supplies welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada and willing to undergo a background check in our pre-employment recruitment process. We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants. Please note that it is our practice to contact only those candidates who are chosen to proceed in the selection process.