A rapidly growing food distributor and processor requires a Quality Assurance / HACCP Coordinator
This position reports to the company Owners and provides the Quality leadership for the operations of the company. The Quality Assurance Coordinator is responsible for managing and maintaining the existing quality assurance program and developing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure the company acquires GFSI certification.
- Oversee the facility HACCP program to meet the corporate food safety strategy and quality standards
- Develop, administer and maintain Quality System compliance at the facility to meet all customer and internal specifications while developing and implementing a GFSI quality system.
- Ensure the facility is in compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements
- Support and lead internal and external audits (BRC, audits requested by customers, CFIA, etc.
- Ensure timely closure to necessary corrective action items associated with any customer complaints, 3rd party, internal or CFIA audits
- Conduct plant inspections and be a support for production, sanitation, and distribution issues
- Provide recommendations to improve the facility quality system based on analysis of data relative to food safety and quality performance
- Primary person to coordinate and manage any product recalls
- Ensure that all personnel adopt and integrate the good manufacturing practices in their day to day tasks to increase the efficiency, effectiveness and quality of manufacturing operations
- Ensure that the operations meets or exceeds quality, distribution and production guidelines as set by government standards and by company management
- Apprise top management on the progress of quality AND food safety system and ongoing challenges
- Maintain and review database of supplier documentation for the products including product specifications
- Develop, update, and maintain sanitation SOPs and train sanitation team on SSOPs and usage of chemicals
- Coordinate sample collection and third party laboratory testing to meet all applicable legislations and customer requirements
- Liaison with pest control operator
- Promote a quality culture among all personnel. Provide HACCP, GMP and other training as per company quality manual to all personnel
- College or University graduate in food science or related field
- Minimum of five years' food production/food safety/HACCP experience, thorough knowledge of sanitation in a dry food plant, and an understanding of the Global Food Safety Initiative (BRC preferred)
- Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership skills and the ability to work in a team
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities
- Computer literacy, ideally with MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Excellent written & verbal command of English
- Attention to detail is critical
- Ability to work effectively in a team or independently
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Competitive salary will be offered based on knowledge and experience plus company benefit plan after 3 months
Indeed - 2 years ago
The Food Guy Catering offers a refreshing approach to catering in the Denver Metro Area. We work with you to identify your unique needs and...