Follett Corporation Employee Reviews

Yes this place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Its alright to work for if your not looking to advance anywhere and just don't want to do anything for your future
Pros
only have to work till 4:30
Cons
people don't listen when you tell them things, hiring process isn't posted and management doesn't care about employees with concerns
Fast pace environment
Carleton University Bookstore- Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 4, 2012
No day is predictable. Always something going on and plenty to do.
travel,working autonomously, networking, sales
Used text book buyer (Former Employee) –  Qu├ębec, QC,Ontario, MaritimesSeptember 1, 2012
I would go to many universities in Quebec ,Ontario and The Maritimes at the begining and end of every semester. I would deal with book store mananger to develop quantities of books needed. I would set up computer enter in quantities buy for book store and Follett wholesaler as well. I would buy used books from the students give them cash(great incentive). I would balance funds at the end of buy prepare reports confirm shipping for books,organize shipping and then travel to next location. Length of buys varied from a few days to five weeks. This taught me networking with managers, report classification, balancing of funds, while being completely autonomuus. Field support was always one phone call away. I was usually able to work through any unforseen circumstances, thinking quick on my feet and being resourceful.
Pros
seasonal, travelling, good salary, networking
Cons
seasonal