Follett Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
nice place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 25, 2016
it was very good to work there and great experience. the manages was great and helpful if we needed help. the employees that worked was friendly and helpful too
Enjoyed the customers
Bookstore assistant (Former Employee), River Grove, ILJanuary 25, 2016
Pros: Students and Instructors
Cons: Poor management
Follett was a temporary job, however the management was lacking, seemed no one ever knew what was going on, which made for a difficult place to work. However, I enjoyed the customers, students and instructors, that came in and tried my best to get them the books and supplies that were needed for their classes.
I learned to fax documents while there, something I had never done before and learned the new ordering system while there.
Amazing company
Cashier/Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 8, 2016
Easy relaxed environment, straight forward and you have alot of room to move up in the company. Definitely would recommend it for any college student.
As Expected Temp Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INDecember 27, 2015
Benefits are nonexistent, no breaks, and the job is all-around meh. My coworkers were also meh and the customers were terrible.
Too Slow To Be Open
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 25, 2015
Pros: discounts, hours
Cons: sub-par technology and managers
Besides the beginning and end of the semester, the store is almost always empty, making me question why it stays open. The managers do not communicate with the staff and the cash register technology frequently has issues, which does not prevent us from staying open and spending twenty minutes on each customer while we try to fix the problem.
The hours are perfect for a college student, especially one who goes to that particular school and there is a 25% discount on apparel and supplies and a 10% discount on textbooks.
Employment is stable
Cannot Disclose (Current Employee), Easton, PANovember 13, 2015
Pros: If they have lunch brought in for a meeting, they will give you the left-overs
Cons: I just barely scratched the surface on the review, but you'll get the picture.
The company continues to experience growth year over year.
They have decent medical benefits.
They talk about employee appreciation but talking is as far as it goes.

Management does not show interest in developing employees. Employees only receive promotions and substantial salary increases when they find employment elsewhere and they are walking out the door.
Employees are expected to come into work on their days off on a regular basis. This is in addition to working 10 to 11 hours per day. There is no respect of your personal time with your family or just the "down time" that a person requires to recharge themselves.
Department managers do not speak to one another about their goals, objectives, or projects they are working on, so in turn, various departments are working against one another or duplicating efforts.
Employees are often put in compromising positions since the managers do not want to speak to one another, which can be very uncomfortable.
There is little to no accountability on the production floor.
Many managers have "grown" into their role and have had no formal management training.
The basic infrastructure to support a company their size is lacking and management does not want to make the time to allow it to be set-up.
Bad Communicaton but convenient
CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM LEAD (Current Employee), Chico, CANovember 13, 2015
This job was very convenient to work at with it being on campus, there was just bad communication between the student employees and the managers
Not a wonderful place
Associate (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNSeptember 20, 2015
I only worked here because I needed a job and let me tell you. Follett is not the people you want to work for. I swear they LIVE to make the lives of their employees hard. They constantly want changes in procedures and policy's.
Very productive and fun environment.
Merchandise handler/Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2015
Fun and productive work place with understandable managers!. taught a lot about invoices, filling paper work and much more.
Clean and bright with no room to grow
Sales Associate (Former Employee), floridaSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: cool co workers
Cons: no benefits, no hours, bad managment
The way the store was ran with the basic management skill. It was about who you know not what you know. It was ok in the beginning until I started seeing how different the staff got treated. I witnessed people taking hour long lunches on a thirty minute schedule. The boss would leave right before deadlines and rowdy customers come in. She would take days out and schedule her best friend to take the same days off so she wouldn't have to drive to work.
Fun experience, but I had to go
Sales Associate I (Former Employee), Romeoville, ILAugust 26, 2015
Pros: cool people to work with
Cons: short break
I really enjoyed working here. I left because my raise wasn't enough to cover my expenses and I was finishing up my degree. I probably would have stayed longer if I was given a higher raise.
Walmart treats their employees better
IT Management (Former Employee), Westchester, ILAugust 21, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Sinking ship full of unhappy crew, ugly.
over 600 store managers fired in one fell swoop (early 2014), followed by moving most remaining employees at stores to part-time positions. Cleared home office of all knowledge - thru intimidation and force outs - not an admirable approach. Many people forced out after decade+ service and given no severence, no notice....No concern for individual development, career growth - just a lot of fear and negativism. The "pro" posts you see here are either Follett family (family owned business), or paid firm like Edelman - trying to boost Follett's status. Really - Crain's Chicago should cover what's happened to this company over the past few years. Do not risk your career here.
Very slow especially when financial aid was not available
Customer Service Representive (Former Employee), Goshen, InAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Comfortable enviroment
Cons: Not fast enough
It was o.k. I wish the work was more fast paced. I was only fast past when financial aid was available, Working with the students was pleasant and the faculty staff was really great, that was really a high point of my day.
Follett DCCC
Sale Associate (Current Employee), Media, PAAugust 13, 2015
I worked for DCCC Bookstore, the book store will run by Follett. The most I enjoy about working for Follett is being able to help the student started their education journey.
Professional and productive
Lead QA Analyst (Current Employee), Westchester, ILJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Dynamic work environment
Cons: Salary is not competitive
 Test Planning: Preparing test cycles project plan, test resources and logistics for different test cycles like Functionality/System/Integration/Regression/ E2E /User Acceptance. Proven ability to manage both Agile and V-model test strategies.
 Test Preparation: Creating test strategy, detailed test plan, preparing test management tool for test management, identifying test assets like scenarios, scripts, data sheets etc. Identification of key risks related to testing and create plans to mitigate the risks.
 Test Management: Leading overall test execution and management, governance (entry and exit criteria), monitoring test progress and quality, defect management and resolution of issues to facilitate smooth completion of test cycles, compliance of requirements traceability matrix etc.
 Test Reporting and Analysis: Prepared and lead status update meetings for senior leadership and other project team members. Published quality metrics of of application and testing process.
Sales Associates 1 (Current Employee), Shelby, NCJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Good place to work
Cons: Need more full time position
Open store and assist customers and make sure everything is at good standard. Management is overall fair and the atmosphere is friendly and customer is always first.
Productive and competitive work environment
Ship Prep (Former Employee), Easton, PAJune 24, 2015
Did not enjoy working in warehouse that has no airflow.
Learned testing and building of machines.
Co-workers extremely helpful and knowledgeable.
Management friendly and helpful.
Hardest part of job was finding right parts due to parts pickers bringing the wrong ones.
College bookstore
Sales Floor / Cashier (Former Employee), Cartersville, GAJune 24, 2015
Pros: They were great about working around my school schedule.
Cons: Minimum wage
The job mostly consisted of helping students find their textbooks, and then processing their transactions. The store also sold snacks and school supplies, as well as school-themed apparel.
Comfortable family-like environment
Cashier/Book Auditor (Current Employee), Memphis,TNJune 23, 2015
This has been my favorite job thus far. Great company! My only dislike about this job is the amount of hours(17 to 25 hours a week) given to their employees.
Great experience for the field of study I chose.
Store Manager/Operations Manager Intern (Former Employee), Township of Galloway, NJJune 9, 2015
Pros: Being able to gain the knowledge and experience of an operation/store manager
Cons: Short work period.
Interning for Follett Corporation allowed me to see what it would be like to be a Store Manager as well as an Operations manager. It gave me great knowledge and experience within my field of study. I was left in charge of everything going on in the store from making the schedule to interviewing possible candidates for a job opening. I was exposed to everyday customer and employee issues and how to approach the complications and resolve them. Companies sales goals and how t o reach them, inventory process, online and shipping services, marketing and advertising strategies,how social media played a huge part in the company, etc. Interning for Follett Corporation definitely taught me a lot about the management role in a company.