Focus Corporation Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Focus
Drafter (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 5, 2015
Pros: everything was expensed, benefits
Cons: being away from home
Excellent job. We would drive out to work and stay in either a camp or hotel for 24 days at a time and be alone and work and get our work done within the allotted time frame. I learned a lot about surveying and wish to continue this career path but do not wish to be out of town anymore. The most enjoyable part of my job was applying what i learned in school to real life situations.
Fun and enjoyable company to work for.
Survey Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 23, 2015
Pros: I was able to work outside.
On a typical day I would drive a snowmobile and set up the GPS system. Then continue and locate the pipeline and survey the dig site. During my time at Focus I learned how to use a locator to locate pipelines. I also gained more knowledge on how to use a GPS system. The management and my co-workers were very supportive. The safety polices were fantastic. The best part of my job was being able to work outside and to be able to extend my knowledge of the surveying industry.
Could use better management
Field Inspector (E.I.T.) (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABOctober 14, 2015
Fun and supportive colleagues, need better management and more fun activities at work to keep employees motivated.
Need to work on getting in more projects.
Stay Away From Small Projects
Project Engineer (Current Employee), CalgaryJuly 18, 2013
Pros: salary
Cons: management
Salary was good, but the small projects group was very disorganized. management leaves lots of opportunities for improvement. Some examples include the inability to be able to scope out projects and assist with any problems. If something goes wrong the employee will be used as a scapegoat. A lot of promises were made during the interview and offer process but were never met. Save yourself some pain there are a lot better opportunisies out there
Very Poor Management. No thanks for dedication and long hours.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), CalgaryJune 28, 2014
Pros: fellow employees
Cons: poor management, long hours, no thanks for dedication
I worked with a great group of people .. was always busy, and had great reviews then day to just have the carpet pulled out from under you for no reason given.
Work life
IT Administrator (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaApril 28, 2014
Pros: limited supervision - trust you to get your job done
Cons: lack of communication from management to employees
Work from 8-4:30pm. Co-workers are awesome people, great to get along with, always willing to help
Management is good, though communication is a bit of an issue
Hardest part of the job is getting others to understand the policies and why they need to be followed
Most enjoyable part is being around fun people, who are always ready and willing to lend a hand when they can
Fun Workplace
Business Infrastructure Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 2, 2013
Pros: opportunity to learn
Cons: very long hours
I gained a lot of new knowledge at Focus and met some really great people during my time there.
Good crews, Great company
Survey Assistant (Former Employee), Saint John, NBApril 19, 2014
This was a great job, however there wasn't much of a home life, becuase it's camp work. The company and co-works were very good to with and for.
Poor
Survey Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 12, 2014
Great interview into surveying but left due to personal reasons.