Focus Corporation Employee Review

View all Focus Corporation reviews

Enjoyble and fun place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL8 January 2014
A typical day at work would be making daily deposits, making sure that store is ready for opening. Throughout the day I assist the manager with task that have to be completed in a time frame. Customer service is number one priority within the company; our customers have to feel welcome and have an enjoyable shopping experience. At the end of the day, make sure that closing procedures take place one at a time, everyone has to finish their task so that closing would be completed in an efficiently time frame. What I have learned working at Focus/My Chicago would be that a wonderful shopping experience has to be memorable when you come to Chicago as a tourist. It does not matter what language we speak or where we come from, just have fun and have an enjoyable time with the customer. Management staff at Focus/My Chicago would be that of a Leader and a Leader. We as a management team have to be leaders in order for others to follow and learn the adequate qualities that help achieve greatness. Co-workers have different skills and unique personalities that help each of us learn from each other. We all work as a team, communicate with each other, learn and get to know each other so that everything we do is done better than the last time. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with shoplifters. Shoplifters in downtown during summer period is bad for business. Tourist do not like to see crime and we as a team have to look out for each other and our customers. Confrontation occurs no matter what, but as a team shoplifting is minimized. The most enjoyable part of the job will be  more... getting to know your customers, where they come from and what they most like about their visit. You learn so much just by saying Hello.  less
Pros
having fun while still working, learning what people around the world think about Chicago.
Cons
Incentives, recognition, security

Other Focus Corporation Employee Reviews

Long shifts
Survey Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 August 2017
While working at focus I learned a lot and got along great with everyone there. The only down fall of working with focus was the long shifts staying in camp.
Faced paced atmosphere
Draftsman, Cadd/GIS (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2017
Worked there a while back so it may have changed a bit
Awesome hardware and software upgrades always working with the latest equipment. Direct management was a little tough to get along with because I was told they had allot on their plate So!!
Great bunch of people working alongside everyone willing to help with deadlines. Management distributed work evenly.
Some days were stressful because of client wanting product yesterday... Isn't that like everywhere these days!
At the end of the day make sure you do something totally different or else burnout will set in especially sitting down all day!
Pros
Free fresh fruit breakfasts... Every day, pizza on weekends
Cons
Staring at screens all day long

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Focus Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8