Focus Corporation is a multidiscipline engineering, geomatics, and planning consulting firm with offices in major centers throughout Western Canada. We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Edmonton team.
This role supports the Financial Controller in ensuring accuracy and timeliness in all aspects of reporting. This will include all weekly, monthly, and year-end reporting both internally and externally. Of critical importance is the ability to have multiple, complex, projects on the go at once and meeting their associated deadlines.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparation/review of balance sheet account reconciliations
- Preparation of complex month end account reconciliations
- Financial Statement preparation (monthly/quarterly/annually)
- Supervision of finance staff and review of their work
- Completion of audit working papers and responding to audit requests as needed
- Preparation of quarterly and month-end financial reports for senior management
- Creation/explanation of variance reporting against budget
- Assistance with budget preparation and implementation/reporting
- BST system super user (user champion)
As the successful candidate you possess:
- Progressing towards a CA, CMA or CGA designation required
- Ability to multi task and meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of DR/CR accounting
- Familiarity with GAAP, specifically for private companies
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Knowledge of BST Financial System
- Prior experience with creation of financial statements and monthly reporting.
- Public practice with an emphasis on auditing would be a significant asset
PEOPLE COME FIRST AT FOCUS. We offer our employees an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, above market group health benefits, a group RRSP plan, as well as a commitment to career development. A recent employee engagement survey showed that our employees enjoy the ability to accelerate their career working on a diverse range of projects.
With over 1,000 employees, Focus Corporation is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing a wide range of professional services to clients in the land development, energy, transportation and community infrastructure sectors. With a rich 32 year history Focus has a range of services that include planning, multi-discipline engineering, land surveying, mapping, land management, environmental consulting, project management and construction management services. Focus is also a leader in the provision of advanced geomatics solutions including Global Positioning Technologies, Geographic Information Systems, digital mapping and remote sensing, 3D laser scanning, as well as software and application development solutions. At Focus, our philosophy is to partner with our clients to help them optimize their assets, improve their competitive position and increase their long-term success. As a client oriented organization we continually strive to exceed client expectations applying leading edge technology with the knowledge and expertise of our most valued asset - our people.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply online at: http://www.focus.ca/join-our-team/career-opportunities